The Devil & The Draxon

By Kilameia

| boyxboy | Lucifer x OC | You know, the devil once loved another, more than anything else. Everyone knows th... More

Epigraph + Info
1. Escape
2. Victim One
3. Victim Two
4. New & Old Faces
5. Concerns
6. Bonding
7. Caught
8. Memories of Meeting
9. Betrayal
10. First Time for Everything
11. Return of the Draxon
12. Victim Three
13. Friends & Apologies
14. Changing Plans
15. Prayer
16. Gone
17. The Silver City
18. Apologies
19. Victims Four & Five
20. Murder, Marriage & a Little Bit of Fun
21. Nightmares
22. Friendly Bonding
23. Behind Backs
24. Finding Out
25. To Heal
26. What's Next
27. A Warm Welcome
28. His Lover's Partner (pt. 1)
29. His Lover's Partner (pt. 2)
30. Back to Semi-Normal
31. What Happened in Rome
32. Going Off Script
33. All I Have
35. For my Sanity's Sake
36. Highs & Lows
37. What a Nightmare
38. Protecting & Saving
39. Vengeance Shall be Ours This Night
40. One Last Case
41. Welcome to the Dragonlands
42. The Battle of the Moon & Sun
43. Things That Hiss in the Night
44. Hearing Things
45. Desperation
46. The Returning
47. Fears
48. The Brightest Night
49. The Battle of the Moon & Sun (Reprise)
50. The Letters
Interlude: If You Take the Draxon Camping
51. Guess Who's Back
52. Breaking
53. The Queen's Return
54. You're Mine & I'm Yours
55. The Devil's Back
56. Creating Memories
57. Tired Devils & Murderous Urges
58. Demons & Dragons
59. Sinful Souls
60. Forgetting & Fights
61. Forever
Interlude: Once Upon a Time
Interlude: Behind the Scenes Thing
Prequel?
I Hate You All
Interlude: Christmas Special
5.9: Family Dinner
6.3: Rory's Arrival
Interlude: A Different Path

34. New to Earth

1.6K 63 1
By Kilameia

*This can't continue,* Vortex growls.

*You think I don't know that?* Nyx returns, his tail thrashing in anger.

*They're planning something,* Qietiye says, watching the King pace. *Attacking almost every three days, they've got to be trying to accomplish something.*

*I know,* Nyx hisses. He shakes his head, *Sunlight Meadow isn't safe for the dragonets. Tell everyone to stay away from it, and have a few of my guards stationed there in case the demons try attacking there again.*

*Got it,* Qietiye replies.

*Actually, Qietiye,* Nyx says before the green dragon can fly off. *Once I leave, take Vortex with you and close the gates for a few days instead. Everyone could use the rest and reassurance that they'll be safe. Jinx, you'll be coming with me; I think one or two of the demons has gone off to Earth and if that's true, we can try to figure out what they're doing.*

The three dragons nod, understanding.

*I'm sure we'll all enjoy the peace,* Vortex says.

*Me too,* Jinx agrees.

Nyx nods. *Let's go, Jinx, before the demons can go too far.*

The golden dragon follows the black and orange one, taking off and flying back to Earth. The two land on an empty beach, Nyx shifting in his human form and Jinx into his usual form of a human male.

"Damn demons," Nyx grumbles. "Always causing trouble... I wonder what Luci's doing."

"Uh, Nyx?" Jinx says, his voice unsure.

Nyx turns to where Jinx is. His eyes widen, seeing the terrier-sized young scarlet dragonet on the sand a short ways away. Her eyes are wide, head swivelling around while her wings are fluttering widely, tail swishing in the sand.

Nyx walks over to her, crouching down, *What are you doing here, little one?*

*Lost!* the dragonet yowls in a panicked distress. *I lost! And I see King and follow! And Mama say not to go to human world and I do anyway 'cause I lost and now I lost King!* With a small, dejected howl, she plops down on the sand, head low. A soft smile on his lips, Nyx lets his eyes flare orange. The dragonet perks up, her head tilting, *King?*

*Yes, Dear, I'm the King,* Nyx says, picking her up and standing up again. *Dear, you should have stayed at home in the Dragonlands. What's your name, how old are you?*

*Staris!* the dragonet replies. *I ten!*

*Much too young to wander,* Nyx tuts, ten in dragon years being about the same as three in human years.

*She's a Blaze dragon,* Jinx notes, looking at the softly glowing markings along the dragonet's wings.

Nyx nods, *She is. A dragon from the fire element, not the best around here.*

See, there are many kinds of dragon. They fall into the elemental categories of earth, fire, water, air, ice, dark and light. Within those categories are many species of dragons of all shapes and sizes. The dragons of Nyx's guard, like Jinx, Vortex and Qietiye, don't belong to a dragon species, they're unique. Now, Blaze dragons belong to the fire element and thus, are quite fond of flames and heat, something that can easily be found in the Dragonlands. On Earth... not as much.

*What do we do?* Jinx asks. *The gates are already closed and I doubt anyone's watching them.*

*She'll have to stay on Earth for a few days,* Nyx replies as Staris shifts a bit in his grasp. *I'll release the wards on the Watch Tower so someone can find where she is.*

*She can't stay with us,* Jinx says, concerned. *We'll need to take her somewhere until we can return her to the Dragonlands.*

Nyx hums, stroking the dragonet's scales, *I have an idea.*

"Linda, I need a favour."

The woman raises an eyebrow, confused and a little wary. "Oh?"

"See, the gates to the Dragonlands will be closed for a few days and Jinx and I can't take care of her," Nyx says sheepishly.

"She's a dragon," Linda says, eyeing the red dragonet in her house with nervous caution.

"Yes, but she has the mentality of a three-year-old human," Nyx replies. "I kinda thought she might help you in preparing for your son to arrive."

"Are dragon babies and angel babies that similar?" Linda asks.

"Um... I'm not sure... Angels can't breathe fire and they don't speak dragontongue... And they don't have scales."

Linda laughs a bit at that last sentence. "How long do you need someone to watch her?"

"A few days? Jinx or I will check up on you every morning and every evening."

"Alright," Linda says, "I must be crazy, but alright. I'll do it."

Nyx smiles brightly, "Thank you, Linda. I'm sure Dan could help too, and Amenadiel. Luci doesn't know kids or dragonets, so he probably won't be much help, but he does understand dragontongue. Speaking of Luci, I should probably tell him I'll be gone for a few days..."

"Probably," Linda agrees. "Now, how do I take care of a dragon?"

"Well, she'll eat anything you give her, meat, vegetables, whatever; Blaze dragons luckily aren't very picky. She's a fire dragon, so she likes heat and gets cold quite easily. I've made sure she knows she's not allowed to breath or play with fire. You may not be able to understand dragontongue, but she understands English. I've also taught her a few sign language gestures to help you understand her."

"And flying?" Linda asks, writing down everything to help her remember.

"Staris is young, so she gets tired easily. If she flies, it won't be for long and she should know not to fly too high lest she tire out and fall to the ground. Other than that, I believe it'll be like taking care of a human child."

Linda nods, "Alright. Alright, I can do this."

"If anyone can, it's you, Linda," Nyx says with a smile. He turns to the dragonet, *Staris, Linda is going to take care of you, alright? She doesn't speak dragontongue so she can't understand you. Remember those sign gestures I taught you?*

Staris nods, running through the gestures to be sure. *When I go home?*

*In a few days,* Nyx says. *Now, remember no fire. If you get cold, let Linda know and find a blanket or something. And be nice, don't wreck anything. Got it?*

*Got it!* Staris says happily. *I be good, King!*

Nyx smiles, *Good.* "Linda, if you have any trouble, Luci is the best person to turn to. Kids aren't his favourite but he will help. And again, thank you for agreeing to watch her."

"Well, I guess it is good practice," Linda says. "I think I'll be fine."

"I'm sure you will be."

With that, Nyx takes his leave, leaving Staris with Linda.

The woman takes a deep breath, nodding to herself, "I'll be fine."

"Dan, what're you doing here?" Chloe asks, seeing the man walking into the room from further inside the house.

"Chloe? I could ask you the same thing."

"I... Came to talk with Linda about a few things."

Linda smiles softly, "It's alright, Chloe, he knows too."

"He does?" Chloe turns to Dan, "You do? You know about... about everything being real?"

Dan nods, "I do. I realized after Nyx proved to me he could read minds, I just didn't acknowledge it. Talked with Lucifer and Linda while you were on your vacation, saw Lucifer's other face too. Linda, she's finally asleep under a mountain of blankets."

Linda nods, "Alright, thank you, Dan."

"No problem. She actually kind of reminds me of Trixie."

"Who does?" Chloe asks.

"This young dragon I'm currently babysitting," Linda replies. "She's a sweet thing, kind of temperamental, but sweet."

"Dragon?" Chloe says. "You're babysitting a dragon?"

Linda nods, "I am. Nyx needed someone to watch her for a few days."

A frustrated whine is heard and both Dan and Linda sigh. Staris comes stomping out of Linda's guest room, another whine passing her lips. She sees Chloe, perking up and dashing over to sniff her curiously. The small dragonet climbs onto her lap, letting out a small squawk and licking Chloe's chin.

Chloe chuckles softly, "She's cute."

"She is," Dan agrees.

"Staris, this is Chloe," Linda says. "The woman Lucifer worked with." The dragonet's head tilts. She sits back on her haunches, talons reaching up to make a crown on her head. Linda nods, "Yes, the King—well, second King—Lucifer."

Staris nods and pouts again. She moves to the couch next to Chloe and curls up as if to sleep, then sits up again and shakes her head sadly. She mimes snapping a stick in half, the sign Nyx taught her for frustration.

"You're frustrated you can't sleep?" Linda asks, getting a nod. The dragonet hisses words that can't be understood, plopping down on the couch. Linda sighs, "I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried everything I can think of."

Staris hisses again, sounding just as sad.

"You know what, I'm getting my dragontongue translator," Linda decides, grabbing her phone.

"Dragontongue translator?" Chloe asks.

Linda nods, putting her phone on speaker, "Otherwise known as calling Lucifer."

"Doctor?" the devil answers.

"Lucifer, I need some help," Linda says. "Staris can't sleep and I'm out of ideas."

The dragonet sniffs Linda's phone curiously before hissing again.

Lucifer chuckles lightly, "Well unfortunately, Staris, there are no dream-fruits on Earth. I do agree with you though, they are best for falling asleep. Lovely little fruits they are. Actually, I may have one or two here."

Staris perks up, another hiss passing her lips.

"Really?" Linda asks.

"Yes, really," Lucifer replies. "Nyx brought a few the last time he went to the Dragonlands. He didn't tell me why... Aha, here we are. I'll be right over, Doctor."

"Alright. Thanks, Lucifer." She hangs up, a relieved sigh escaping her lips as she looks at Staris, "Maybe with this we'll finally get you to sleep, hmm?"

The dragonet nods happily, purring in content as Linda strokes her scales gently.

"Well, if Lucifer's coming over, I better take my leave," Chloe says with a soft smile.

"Of course," Linda replies, "Just keep in mind what we talked about."

Chloe nods, "I will."

A hiss passes Jinx's lips, "Well that was a waste of time."

"It was kind of fun though," Nyx replies as the two walk up the stairs to Lux. "And now that Staris is back home and safe with her parents, things can start getting back to normal."

"Hopefully," Jinx replies. "Things always get shaken up one way or another."

The two step into Lux, surprised to find it empty. Nyx's eyes narrow when he spots Lucifer standing with a shorter woman. The draxon's anger rears when the woman kisses Lucifer and Jinx grabs the King before he can move.

Lucifer pushes the woman back, his eyes wide and his devil face disappearing. "Eve..."

"What?" the woman says in confusion. The devil steps back, wiping his mouth on his cuff. Eve's brows furrow, "Lucifer, what is it?"

"Eve... You know Nyxeus is back, right?"

Eve's eyes widen slightly, "He is?"

"I am."

Having pulled out of Jinx's grip, Nyx walks down the stairs of the club, his narrowed eyes glowing bright orange.

"Nyxeus," Lucifer says with a smile. "Back from demon hunting?"

"It was a waste," Nyx replies, standing behind Lucifer and wrapping his arms around the devil's waist. "Tell me, Luci, what's going on here? Before I decide to act now and ask questions after."

"Well, you remember Eve," Lucifer says. "You two were quite the curious and adventurous pair."

"Indeed," Nyx replies, his voice low. "But I don't seem to remember this affair you seem to have with her."

Lucifer scoffs, "There is no affair, Nyxeus. You know I'm not like that, not with our relationship." Nyx growls softly, eyeing Eve. Lucifer swats him lightly, "Look, Love, we're friends just like before, that's it. And not friends with benefits, just friends."

"Right, just friends," Eve says. "Nothing new, Nyxeus, I promise. I... I don't know what I was thinking."

Nyx growls again, studying her. His eyes slowly fade to the black they usually are while in human form.

"Fine, I won't retaliate... And fine, she can stay with us, I can see you want to ask, Luci. As long as you're only friends, I won't act against her."

Lucifer smiles. "Good. You know, you two could explore the world together again. After all, a lot has changed since those days you spent together in the beginning."

"That sounds like fun," Eve says with a grin.

Nyx hums, "I guess it does, yes. We'll see, as much fun as exploring is, my realm's safety and well-fare is higher on my list of priorities and it's been quite a problem lately."

"Well, I can wait," Eve replies.

Still standing near the door, Jinx sighs, "I don't know what to think."

"Really?" Chloe asks, standing next to him. "I'm surprised Nyx didn't..."

"Rip her a new one?" Jinx replies. "Well, he has been trying to avoid killing."

"Right, right," Chloe says. "And... she really is Eve Eve, like from the beginning?"

The dragon nods. "Mhmm. No idea what she's doing back on Earth though... I'll let you go, I can see you want to."

Chloe nods, turning to walk out of the club before turning back. "Ah, Jinx," she says. "Lucifer really cares about the dragons, doesn't he?"

"He does," Jinx replies. "Lucifer is the second King of the Dragonlands. He's not obligated to care about us, but he does."

Chloe smiles softly, remembering Lucifer's concern about Staris the night before. "He says he doesn't like kids."

"Oh, he'd never admit it, but he does have a soft spot for the dragonets."

With a soft smile and nod, Chloe turns and disappears, leaving Jinx silently watching the three on the floor of Lux.

He sighs, "Things always get shaken up one way or another."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 848 57
[COMPLETED] ✓ [BOOK 2 of To Win the Devil's Heart] After a seeing a vision of his mother, Lucifer believes that she still lives on and is in danger b...
468K 26.2K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
4K 184 11
on a dark and dreary night, in LA Lucifer decides to go on a walk. what he didnt know was that he'd bump into some people who actually has the capabi...
462K 10.9K 31
Lorelai Thomas is the poster child for being a Good Girl. Well mannered, outstanding grades and a need to succeed in everything she does, its no sock...