Time's Up āœ…

By seokcessor

Lalisa Manoban loves Jeon Jungkook so much. But the real question is, does Jeon Jungkook love her as much? āœ…... More

ā˜•

815 45 88
By seokcessor

(This is for that weird guy who tried dating me, while he was in love with someone else. I hope you're happy wherever the hell you are, cause I definitely am now with someone who showed me what true love is.)

The moment she stepped foot in the small cafe, a young employee warmly greets her with a small bow and a huge smile.

She replies with a small nod of her head and a soft smile as she makes her way to one of the empty tables by the window.

She casually releases a soft sigh as she casually drops her bag on top of the table as she situates herself comfortably in her seat.

She checks her watch and notices that she was ten minutes early. 'As always' she remarks before raising her hand, gaining the attention of the waiter near her table.

The waiter approaches her with a smile as he hands out the menu, her eyes darting back and forth on the options before uttering her choice to which the man jots down with ease.

He then repeats her order before politely leaving to make the order.

Lisa pulls out her phone from her bag, checking to see if he has messaged yet and found that he hadn't. She contemplates to call, in case he forgot but ended up closing her phone as she dramatically drums her fingers on the wooden table, deeply thinking.

She knew.

She felt it.

Something inevitable was bound to happen that day.

She bits her lip as she continues to think of him - the past that had already passed - the 'them' who no longer existed.

She wasn't stupid to see the signs.

She wasn't numb to feel the coldness around the both of them.

Somehow, she wished she was though. Because it hurt her. Not sure if it was the same for him.

How can something so pure become so bland?

How can something so warm become so cold?

How can something so unbreakable become so weak and fragile?

Or maybe, that was just her wishful thinking. Maybe things were just like this even not long ago.

A sudden kiss on her left cheek, woke her from her thoughts.

He just arrived.

He rushes to the seat opposite of hers, as he smiles at her, casually starting a conversation with her.

But she just sat there, looking at him as he continues to ramble on.

Why?

Why does it feel so scripted?

The soft kiss, that felt so cold.

The excitement to spend time with her, that felt too forced.

The casual conversation, that just felt too plain.

She could clearly see it in his eyes that felt too distant.

The small fidgeting of his hands.

The small lip bites when he slips.

The constant looking anywhere but at her.

She knew.

She felt it.

It was clear in the broad daylight.

He no longer loved her. Or better yet - he still hasn't loved her.

"Hey, is something -" he starts to ask but was disrupted when the waiter arrived with the food.

"I ordered ahead." She softly smiled, although deep down inside she felt like crying. She picks up her utensils and pretends to enjoy the meal, while he looked at her with confused eyes. "Eat up. We're still headed elsewhere, right?" She asks as she looks up at him.

"Ah yes. Sorry. I was just distracted by your beauty." He remarks, softly chuckling while rubbing his nape before eating his meal.

She releases a soft laugh before eating again - more like chugging the contents down her throat. Trying so hard not to cry.

He starts conversing again. This time she warmly opens up to him.

'Just this one time, be stupid to ignore the signs and just pretend everything's alright.' She thinks to herself.

When they were through eating, they head out to the parking lot where his motorbike is at.

"Safety first." he says as he carefully helps her wear a helmet before he crouches down so she can help with his.

Then they began to head to the beach, the sun almost setting. Her arms secured around his waist, as she leaned her head on his back, remembering how scared she was the first time she rode with him.

"Hang tight." He says before speeding up and she smiles as she hold onto him more tightly.

When they reached the shore, he then parks somewhere uncrowded.

He pulls out a blanket he prepared from the seat, before the two sits down facing the sea, where the sun was setting.

They closed their eyes, and made a wish. A habit they do when the sun sets.

Then darkness envelopes the sky, stars gradually showing up along with the full moon.

He saw how a tear left her eyes, and she saw how he shed a tear too.

But they said nothing and just continued to watched the night sky.

Just like the old times.

Then they lied down, his arm outstretched for her head to lie on as they started to name the twinkling stars. Casually laughing, and arguing why the name they gave was so random and cringey.

Soon enough. It was time to go home.

"Let's go -"

"No wait, let's just stay like this, for three more minutes please?" She pleads and he complies.

Just three more minutes, before she goes back to reading the signs.

Just three more minutes, and she'll suck things up and let you go.

Just three more minutes, please.

Soon enough, those three minutes were up and they head home.

He drops her off her front porch, awkwardly standing as he tried to lean in for a kiss but she softly shoves him away while shaking her head.

"Time's up." She says as she grins, but the moment he lands his sight on her clutched arms that were shaking, he knew she was hurting. And he was aware why. "Now, g-go and say it too. So it's official."

"But -"

"Please."

"Time's up." He says. His eyes, hollow as they stared into her weeping ones.

It was like a code they made before. A code that literally means it's over, more like game over.

"Lis -." He says, arms stretching out to hold her but she steps back, head shaking slowly side to side.

"It's still her right?" The moment those words left her mouth, his eyes go wide as he stared back at her. "It's pretty obvious Kook. I'm not that stupid." Lisa softly laughs, tears continue to fall like a waterfall.

"I'm sorry."

"My unnies kept telling me that you were using me. Using me to make her jealous. Using me to get another chance with her. Using me just to make her think you're over her rejection when in fact for the past eight months we've been together, all you ever did was think of her. Don't think I didn't notice how you took side glances while she was in the same room as us. The casual jokes you make out loud to make her laugh. Or the anger you have when she hung out with other guys. I saw it all Kook, and yet I said nothing. Hoping, you'd finally let her out your heart and let me in."

"I tr-tried to, okay? I tried to love you back. I tried to give you all my love. You're beautiful, you're smart, you're selfless, you're -"

"But I'm not her right? That's why no matter how hard I try to squeeze myself in. I just can't. Because I'm not her. Well, I hope eight months have been enough Kook. Because I no longer can stand to be blind. I - I hope she gives you that love you desire, the love that I could have exceeded or even equalled but it won't matter to you, because I'm not her. And I'll never be her."

Jungkook tries to reach out but the glare Lisa had was enough to tell him that no matter what he said, it wouldn't take her pain away and so he took a step back, bowed 90 degrees and softly bit his lip as tears fell down more before he turned his back and rode his motorbike, speeding away.

The moment she no longer could see his form, Lisa breaks down into sobs as her legs gave up, making her sit down on their porch before the lights of the house turn on as hurried steps made their way to where she was.

"I seriously wanted to kick his balls" Jennie, who was in her silk PJs just like the other two, says as she bent down to engulf Lisa in a hug.

"Hush Lisa bear, you deserve someone so much better. Someone who only has their sights on you. Someone who will only love you until his very last breath." Rose squats before leaning to kiss Lisa's left cheek that were stained with her tears as the younger cried more into Jennie and Rose's hug.

"Don't worry lil cub, you'll eventually get that happy ever after you wanted. Not now, not soon, but someday you will." Jisoo says as she wipes Lisa's tears away. "Now come inside, the pizza delivery guy's bout to arrive with that extra large cheesy pizza with that huge tub of icecream."

"I call dibs if he is cute!" Rose exclaims as she entangles her arm with Lisa's while Jennie clungs to her other side leaving Jisoo outside to wait for the pizza guy to come.

She hums, as she looks at the full moon with a smile.

"Not all love stories, lasts." Jisoo says to no one particular as she picks up her phone, looking at her lockscreen of her and her ex Seokjin when they were still middle schoolers. "Some end because they just didn't work, while some end because they ran out of time. Right Seokjin-ah?" She says as she look at the moon with a soft smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
173K 4.9K 67
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
18.5K 958 33
Chen turns to me and hands me his phone. "Save your number. I would like to.... make a deal with you." He says as he blushes. I take the phone and...
496K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...