Starting Over {S.S}

Od Sabrina030_

{Book 2} After discovering that her whole life with Sebastian was nothing but a dream, Daniella slowly tries... Více

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25

20

1.1K 34 9
Od Sabrina030_

•••

"Okay so it's a double date?", I ask Robert as I sit down at my desk. "Yeah, Gemma can't wait to meet you", he smiles as he opens his computer. The energy in the office seemed much different than it had the past week and a half, and for some reason  I liked it, and so did Robert, considering it's actually quiet today. "Is it just me or is too quiet?", I ask Robert as I spin around in my chair. Both Rob and I look around the office and then at each other, "I don't like it", he whispers as he clicks his pen.

"I feel like something is going to-"

"Christina! In my office, now!", Miss Bourgeois yells from down the hall. My eyes widen as I look at Rob who looks back at me. Christina stands up and runs down the hall to see Miss Bourgeois and the door slams shut. "What do you think that's about?", I whisper as the office erupts in hushed whispers. "Who knows, there's not much action around here, so I'm anxious to see what's going to happen", he smiles as he types on his keyboard. I continue to do my work but the yelling coming from Miss Bourgeois' office distracts me and I'm unable to work properly. The shouts become louder and we all hold in a breath when the door to her office opens and a crying Christina comes running back to her desk, pulling out a box from under her desk and putting her belongings inside.

When she leaves, the office no longer remains silent, however it becomes increasingly loud with conversation as people add in their thoughts on what happened. "I heard she left her computer on while she was writing a nasty email about Miss Bourgeois and she caught her"

"Who even uses emails to send texts anymore, Jen?", Robert turns around in his chair. "Shut up Robert, no one asked you. What about you, new girl?"

I shake my head and my eyes widen, "What?". She rolls her eyes at me and crosses her legs, patting down her dress, "I said, what about you? What do you think?", she looks at me up and down and I swallow hard as I grip the edge of my chair. I can feel Rob's eyes on me and I let out a breath. "Does it really matter? It's none of our business what happened, and unless you want to be in Christina's place next, I suggest we just go back to work"

I turn back around and continue to do my work, but internally my heart is racing and I feel heat rising to my face. I let out a quiet, shaky breath and close my eyes. "You did not just do that! That was amazing", Rob beams as he slides his chair beside mine, moving my chair. I look at him and smile, "You really think so? I've never done anything like that before, I seriously think I might pass out", I say as I pat my warm face. "You were amazing!", he whispers. He looks over his shoulder and then back at me, "I've been wanting to shut her up for years. She's trying to work her way up to a promotion and she's not afraid to sabotage anyone's job here. She's done it before"

"Wait, seriously? How did Miss Bourgeois not catch on?"

"Because Jen is the Regina George of the department and she will destroy anyone who gets in her way", Rob emphasizes as he slams his hand on my desk. I look at him for a few seconds before slapping his arm, "Rob! And you decide to tell me this now? I would have never said what I said to her if I would've known how she is!"

"So? You were a badass out there. It's about time someone stood up to her", he shrugs. I shake my head and place my head in my hands as I let out a groan, "So you let the new girl put her in her place? Everyone knows what happens to the new girls"

"What happens to the new girls?", he whispers as his eyebrows grow closer together in worry, "They get their ass kicked, that's what happens. She's going to get me fired now, I just know it", I sigh as I spin around in my chair. "Don't worry about it, I won't let her try anything, okay?"

"Attention everyone!", a voice sounds throughout the department. Rob and I stop talking and turn around to see Miss Bourgeois standing in the middle of where our desks are. "Silence!", she says. The entire department goes quiet at once and I see Jen smirking from the corner of my eye. "I am under the impression that you have seen Christina leave", she starts.

"If you think that you can trick me or paint me for a fool, you're wrong. I will not tolerate being treated any less than I am, which is your boss. I respect all the hardworking people here, however I know for a fact that some of you,- and I won't name any names- are not as serious as you make yourselves out to be. I will personally be sending those certain individuals emails after your shifts are over, and if you do receive an email, then that means you are fired"

"But Miss Bourgeois-", Jen says. Miss Bourgeois narrows her eyes at Jen and takes off her glasses. "Is there a problem, Jennifer?"

"No, it's just that-"

"If there isn't a problem, then what's wrong?"

"I don't find it fair that you're just going to fire some of us!", she whines. Miss Bourgeois smiles and lets out a dry laugh, "If you're doing your job properly, and respecting your co workers, then there's nothing you should be worried about. Now get back to work", she says as she walks back to her office. I hear Jen mumble under her breath and I suppress a laugh as I stare at Rob, "She's so going to be fired"

"You think?"

"Yes"

***

"Seb, can you hand me the bracelet you bought me? We have to be at the restaurant in twenty minutes", I call out as I put on a pair of earrings. "Sure, beautiful", he says as he walks into the bathroom with the bracelet. I kiss him and slip on the bracelet as I stand up, "Good?", I ask him as I motion to how I look. "Perfect"

"You look so cute in a tie", I smile widely as I adjust it. He kisses my forehead and laughs, "Let's get going". We descend the stairs and make our way to my car. Sebastian takes the keys from me and starts the engine as we pull out of the driveway and head towards the restaurant where we're meeting Rob and his wife Gemma. "So this is your first time meeting his wife?"

"Yeah, I'm really excited. You're going to love Rob. He's so funny and he's really sweet", I say as I hold Sebastian's hand. "I love seeing you this happy", he smiles as he looks over at me and then back towards the road. "Well you're the main reason for that"

"We're so cheesy it's disgusting", Sebastian says. I laugh as I look out the window, "I could just imagine what Chris and Anthony would say if they heard us talk like this"

"Anthony would pretend to throw up and Chris would just sit there and smirk", Sebastian says as he pulls into the parking lot. "Wow this is a beautiful restaurant", I mumble as I get out of the car. Sebastian holds my hand as we walk inside and give our names to the waitress. "Right this way please", she smiles as she leads us to the back where Rob and his wife are sitting. "Rob! It's so good to see you", I smile as I hug him. "I literally saw you two hours ago", he laughs as he hugs me back. "You know you missed me stop lying"

"Okay, I did! Sebastian, it's nice to meet you. I've heard such amazing things about you", Rob smiles as he shakes Sebastian's hand. "Likewise. Thank you for taking her under your wing", he smiles at him. "Gemma, it's so nice to finally meet you!", I beam as she pulls me into a hug. "You're even more beautiful than I imagined", she says as we sit down. "Thank you!"

"I hope Rob isn't too much of a bother at work", she laughs as Robert nudges her. "I mean he can get a little chatty at times...", I say a I look at Gemma. "I do not!", he gasps. I laugh and so does Gemma and Sebastian, "I'm kidding! He's honestly been a lifesaver. Our coworkers are pretty intimidating, especially this one girl"

"Jen?", Gemma asks with a hint of sass in her voice. "How did you know?", I say as a waitress sets down glasses of water for us. "Lucky guess. I had the unsatisfying opportunity of meeting her when I surprised Rob at work one time. She was so rude"

"Dani told her off", Robert blurts out as he takes a sip of his water. "That's my girl!", Sebastian says as he fist bumps Robert. "You did? And what did she say?"

"Nothing, which scares me. I feel like she's going to get me fired or slash my tires", I mutter as I drink my water. We place in our orders and continue talking, "Don't worry, Dani. I really think Miss Bourgeois sent her an email"

"Well, we'll only find out on Monday", I say as I play with my napkin. "So, Sebastian, I'm aware that you're an actor, do you have any new roles coming up?", Gemma asks him. Sebastian clears his throat, and smiles. "I did a few auditions a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting for an answer but as of right now I'm on a small hiatus"

"Oh well that's good. It's essential to rest, especially with such a demanding job as acting", she nods. "So, I heard you want to open your own business one day, Dani", Gemma smiles at me. I nod my head, "I do. I'm not sure what type of business but it's a long term goal. That's why I'm working at Bourgeois By Designs"

"Well I'm sure you'll be very successful", she says. I nod my head and Robert looks around nervously, "Rob? Are you okay?", I ask him. He shakes his head, "Yeah. Actually...I have something to tell you"

Gemma nods her head towards him and sighs, "He wanted to tell you at work but I told him it was better to do it privately"

"What is it?", I ask them, growing more and more nervous. "Well, we found out a few weeks ago, but Gemma and I are expecting our first child this coming January"

"What?", I scream as I jump up. The people seated around us look at me and I apologize as I sit back down. "Really? That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys", I smile as I grab their hands. "Congratulations guys, that's amazing news", Sebastian says as he pats Robert on the shoulder.

"I think we need cake after this, to celebrate", I say as Gemma smiles at me. Everyone agrees and we look up as the waitress places our food down. We begin to eat and exchange light conversation before I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

I take a deep breath as I wash my hands and look at myself in the mirror. "Things are going to be good now". I nod to myself and leave the bathroom, heading back towards our table. When I sit down the conversation stops immediately and the three of them go silent. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Vacations"

"Printers"

"Dogs?"

I look at them weirdly and fix my bracelet, "Are you guys okay?"

"Just peachy", Robert says in a high pitched voice. Gemma smacks him and Sebastian clears his throat. "You know what, I don't even want to know", I laugh as we resume the conversation again. Sebastian sighs in relief beside me and I shrug off the feeling that they're hiding something from me. I need to stop overthinking everything. I have to, or else I'm going to go down the same path I went down a year ago.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

248K 10.2K 58
What happens when we put together two workaholics with their hearts closed to love? Eleanor, a clumsy twenty-two-year-old, had everything in her lif...
12.2K 1.5K 36
There were only two things Summer knew about Christians: that they were hypocrites, and that she wanted nothing to do with them or the God they worsh...
11.7K 258 18
chris evans x reader - sebastian stan x reader *contains smut* you visit sebastian on the set of captain america 2. you really missed him and it seem...
714 20 51
PLEASE READ: I wrote this book when I was 15 and I am working on making a better version with different character names. Thank you I couldn't look a...