Warrior Mine (jenlisa)

By jenlisas_girl

Assuming to walk alone for eternity, Lisa encounters deja vu in the most unusual way. But will another suitor... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - Part I
Chapter Ten - Part II
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Last Chapter)

Chapter Eleven

3.4K 160 26
By jenlisas_girl

As they walked to the limo, Jennie waited until Thomas opened the door and then handed him a bag and whispered something which caused the driver to start. He blinked, took hold of the bag and nodded with what Lisa saw as a blush coloring his cheeks.

When they returned to Lisa's home, Jennie handed Philippe the other bag and did the same thing.

"You have a kind, innocent heart" Lisa said to Jennie.

"Just thought they'd enjoy a treat too" she replied shyly.

"For that, I thank you."

Jennie gave a half shrug, blushing "it just seemed like the thing to do. They've done so much for me."

"Would you care to sit in the study?"

"Oh yes, I'd love to talk with you in front of the fireplace about all the things you've collected and done" she replied excitedly.

"Then so it shall be" Lisa extended her hand and Jennie immediately took it, this time not letting go until they entered the study.

Lisa waved Philippe off, "Go and enjoy your meal with Veronique that Jennie has gifted you. I can manage."

Lisa knelt in front of the fireplace, building a fire as Jennie asked "So Lisa, can you answer a question for me?"

"If I can, yes" she replied while getting the fire just right and setting the fire screen in place.

"I originally asked you why you picked us up but you were very vague; basic need of human nature and curiosity. I understand the basic need of human nature as the physical manifestations but curiosity, you've got me on. As I thought it was Sakura but you said she put you off."

"Yes" Lisa replied, sitting in the other chair next to Jennie.

"So, was it...and please don't think me egotistical in asking, but why were you curious and was it of Sakura or me?"

Lisa looked from the fire to Jennie, "I do not think of you as egotistical by any means. It was not Sakura" she turned to look off at nothing in particular.

"Oh" Jennie said quietly, "Um, why?" Jennie tucked one leg up under the other and sat to face Lisa.

"You reminded me of two individuals, uniquely different yet who supremely impacted my life. At first in appearance and now in mannerism, personality and character" she looked again to Jennie then back to the fireplace.

"Two people?  Well, that's different. Usually it's the 'you remind me of someone' line" she posed her fingers as air brackets when she spoke the words.

"Each was markedly different in their own right."

"Well, I hope they were good impressions upon you" Jennie said as she admired what she believed was a regal profile as she looked at Lisa staring into the fire.

"Life altering" Lisa replied barely above a whisper.

A light knock, "Mistress?"

"Yes Philippe?"

"The Mademoiselle's phone is ringing. I thought it important she not miss a call."

"Thank you Philippe" Lisa said as Philippe handed Jennie her bag and she scrambled to answer it.

"Hello? Yes, I did Irene, Why? Because they asked and you drove her home and yes they questioned me too. She was my best friend and this has happened to her. No, I don't want to have coffee and discuss this with you. No, I don't want you to swing by to check up on me. I'm fine and being taken care of, safe and secure and I prefer it this way. No, I don't need any help. Irene stop, look could you just STOP! I haven't felt right since our first coffee and if it's all the same to you, I don't want to have you pursue me anymore. Because you wouldn't take no when I tried to tell you, as a matter of fact it was the night Sakura..." Jennie got up out her seat and began pacing the room, running a hand through her hair, "Did you hurt her Irene? Because as far as I know you were the last one to see her, that's why!" her voice rising causing Lisa to rise and walk towards her.

"Oh, alright. I apologize. I didn't mean to accuse you; she ...was my...look; okay, yeah, you take care too, goodbye" Jennie took the phone away from her ear, pressed the disconnect button and sighed exhaustedly.

Lisa stood just in front of her and hesitantly touched her shoulder.

It was all Jennie needed as she reached out for Lisa and began sobbing. Lisa pulled her into her arms and embraced her gently and comfortingly, "Shhhh, no more pain, no more shock" Lisa soothed.

After a few moments, she could hear Jennie's crying lighten and feel her breathing return to normal, "Come, sit and rest" as she led her back to the chair, "Care for something to drink?"

"Water, please."

"Philippe" Lisa put her hand out and was handed a tall glass of water.

Jennie drank and sat back, "I am so not wanting anymore grief!"

"If it is in my power, you shall not" Lisa said from her knelt position just in front of Jennie.

"Do you remember the woman you were introduced to the night we were at your restaurant?" Jennie asked Lisa after finishing her water.

"Yes, I recall her."

"Well, that was her, as you could no doubt hear. I apologize for raising my voice. She has just..."

"Firstly, are you alright?" Lisa interrupted.

"Yes, thank you" Jennie smiled at her concern, "She was the blind date Daddy set me up with."

This caused a small twitch to Lisa's right eye.

"It was an unintentional thing, but I went along with it for his sake..."

Lisa shifted her eyes to Philippe and he exited, returning soon after with a tray set for tea.

"Irene seemed like a nice person with an interesting work field..."

"I sense hesitancy on your part" Lisa stated.

"Yes, there's a but..." Jennie smiled, "she just felt 'off' to me...here, in my gut" Jennie motioned with her hand on her stomach, "I just thought it was because I wasn't giving her the benefit of the doubt and she was only just introduced to me. But the second meeting was just as weird and the third just creepy."

"Did she harm you?" Lisa's eyes grew dark and her voice had a slight edge to it.

"No," Jennie was looking to the fireplace and missed the look, "she just acted possessive and something must've happened in the parking lot because she came back almost flustered."

"What night was this?"

"The night I bailed Sakura....the night..." she couldn't finish the statement.

Lisa rubbed the hand that she still held in hers, "It is okay."

"She said she wanted me to consider her getting to know me better, I tried to say no but she said to give it time due to Sakura's call."

"Do you feel she had anything to do with Sakura's demise?"

"I really don't know. I just know she said she wanted to talk to her regarding a tiff we had at the police station. She said she had nothing to do with it as she dropped her off and went to a gas station further up and then headed back to her hotel. Last she saw of her she said was her climbing the stairs to her place."

"Well, it is for the police to find the details and sort them. You should rest now" Lisa said as she rose from kneeling on floor still holding her hand.

"Can't we just sit and have this tea? Please...I don't want to....be alone...right now" Jennie said in a small voice.

"I could never allow such a thing intentionally Jennie. We will sit as long as you wish" Lisa let go of her hand and turned to pour her a cup of tea.

Surprising Lisa, Jennie stood up and on her tiptoes gave her a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you" she whispered.

Lisa froze.

Jennie sat and began drinking her tea, unaware of the reaction she had caused.

Shaking herself from her stupor Lisa finally sat, staring off into the fire's flames. After a while, she turned to look at Jennie, finding her asleep in the chair, "Dear Goddess, what are you doing?" Lisa said looking at the sleeping beauty, "She is all that I could ever want and more yet, so forbidden to me."

Lisa stood, walked over to Jennie and took her cup from her hand, placing it on the table.

She bent and scooped Jennie up in her arms, gently cradling her, and going to the guest room.

Gently laying her down, she removed her shoes and pulled a blanket up over her, "Sleep well little one...." Lisa choked realizing what had just escaped her lips that had not been uttered by her in over a millennia.

She brushed Jennie's hair from off her face with a gentle caress and left the room.

Lisa wandered the city street for a while, coming back to Sakura's apartment then proceeding to the gas station; mentally calculating time and specifics. A few hours later, back at her home, she made a mental conclusion that this Irene was the cause of Sakura's death.

By Tuesday the coroner had released Sakura to the funeral home as directed by Jennie and the funeral was scheduled for Friday morning.

The police had finished with Sakura's apartment and Jennie had decided to give most of her possessions to a charity to give to families that were either destitute or struggling with no where to go; with the stipulation they never made anyone pay for anything.

Some items Jennie kept for sentimental value of the time that they had shared together.

During the time she was sorting things, Jennie was unaware she was being stalked. Lisa could sense another's presence whilst with her but could not afford to leave Jennie's side to further investigate.

It was also at this time that she started to realize she truly enjoyed Jennie's companionship, their talks and meals together and alarmingly, enjoying the nightly kisses to her cheek from Jennie.

"RING RING"

"Miss Kim?" a voice asked when Jennie answered her phone.

"Yes?"

"It's Detective Harmon here."

"Oh hello detective; what can I do for you today?"

"Well, this is an informal call actually. I just wanted to talk to you about the preliminary results of the investigation and ask a few more questions. Would I be able to meet with you to discuss?"

"Um, could you hold a second?"

"Sure"

"Lisa?"

"Yes Jennie."

A smile graced Jennie's face at her name rolling off Lisa's lips, "I've got Detective Harmon on the phone; she wants to meet regarding Sakura. Can I..."

"Yes"

"But you..."

"Anything you need, wish or desire is at your beckon call Jennie."

A deep blush and an extreme shiver of her body at the thoughts her statement caused, "Thank you Lisa; sincerely" Jennie finally was able to say in a quavering voice.

Lisa gave a small nod while lowering her eyes in acknowledgement.

"Detective, do you know the black marble building downtown? Yes, that one. I'll wait for you in the lobby" Jennie hung up, "Lisa, would you mind..."

"No, I shall do as you wish."

"You know, I really could get used to you...I mean, um..." Jennie blushed again and began to stammer.

"Philippe?"

"Yes Mistress?" Philippe replied from the doorway of the study they sat in.

"Serving of tea and coffee for three in the meeting room."

"At once Mistress" he exited silently.

"Shall we?" Lisa rose, extending her hand to Jennie who took it willingly and did not let go while they rode down to the lobby.

Lisa stood behind and to the side of Jennie as they watched the detective come into the lobby, "Miss Kim, Miss Manoban."

"Please detective, it's Jennie. Would you follow us; we're going to a meeting room where there is privacy."

The detective nodded and once they were seated with drinks settled in front of them she began, "Thank you for meeting with me. I wanted to give you a preliminary report of our findings so far. Since we have cleared you of any involvement as your alibi checked out; sorry but we had to be thorough and be assured everything was verified so as not to be looked upon as being neglectful in our duties of checking every detail and lead."

"Understood"

"Did you mind discussing this before her funeral?"

"Its okay, I want to know what happened to her before I say my last goodbye. Can Lisa stay? She's my support."

"Yeah, sure, well the coroner has determined her death a homicide. Apparently aside from the stabbing and sexual assault, there were some unique markings in the wound; as if someone had covered it up with the serrated knife to hide it."

"What kind of markings?"

"Well the doc found two puncture type holes on either side of the blade. Almost like a small carving fork was used first then they used the serrated knife afterwards."

"Oh my God Sakura" Jennie put a hand to her mouth.

"Detective, did they find or recover such an item or anything similar?" Lisa asked while she took hold of Jennie's other hand.

"No, nothing at the scene; as she didn't own a vehicle we didn't have that option to search. Sakura wasn't into any ritualistic sorta stuff was she? Or into any specific form of intimate acts?"

"No, she liked to fool around but was strictly person to person or persons. No outside influences like whips or chains or into kinky things."

"Oh okay"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well aside from the wound, the doc said that there was a big amount of blood loss but the crime scene was clean and we can't account for it."

Lisa's jaw hardened and her eyes turned steely dark.

"Are you saying that something or someone punctured Sakura's neck and drained her blood? Like some sort of Vampire or Satanic ritual?"

"We don't know yet. It's all preliminary and conjecture; that's why we're still investigating."

"What did Irene say?" Jennie asked bitterly.

"Without being specific as to her statement as it is part of the ongoing investigation, she said she spoke with her in the car as she drove to her home. Told her she was out of line in what she said to you and dropped her off. She apparently saw her climbing the stairs to her place when she drove off to the gas station up the road before heading to her hotel. The tape from the gas station shows her purchasing some things before driving off in the opposite direction of the home, with the right approximate time."

Jennie nodded almost dejectedly.

"Was there anything you can add to the investigation?" the detective asked.

"No, I'm sorry. That's everything as I only picked her up and then got dropped off. I wish I would've asked her to stay with me. Maybe she'd be alive rig..."

"Jennie, you did nothing wrong. You were not to know this would happen" Lisa interrupted Jennie.

"I know, it's just ...hard" Jennie lowered her head, attempting to hold back the tears and failing as they began to streak down her face.

The detective looked from Jennie to Lisa, their hands still joined and then back up to them again, "Well, if you do recall anything at all, please call us" the detective rose, "Once again, we are sorry for your loss."

"Thank you detective, I will."

The detective nodded "I'll find my way out" rose and left them alone.

Jennie sat quietly and Lisa did not disturb her.

After a while, Jennie began "I just get this feeling..."

"What is it?" Lisa looked her in the eyes.

"That somehow Irene's involved in this...I know she said she didn't and the police say they verified her story but ...it just feels wrong."

"If she is, she will get what is due" Lisa replied with a cold edge to her voice.

...

Friday morning arrived with a light misty rain falling.

"Are you ready?" Lisa asked from just inside the portacashier of the crematorium.

Taking a deep breath she answered "I guess as I'll ever be" and gave a slight shrug, proceeding into the building where a short ceremony would be performed for Sakura and then she would be sent off to her final fate.

Afterwards, Lisa had arranged for her restaurant to hold the wake and was inside with the few who had chosen to attend.

"Lisa, thank you for all of this" Mr.D'Olympia said as she stood with her and a few of Sakura's co-workers.

"It is not necessary Mr. D'Olympia, the least I could do for her memory."

"Well, I know that Jen appreciates it very much. Speaking of ....where is she?" he looked about.

"She excused herself to the rest room. She said she would return momentarily" Lisa looked at her watch and felt an odd sense come over her.

"Oh, I just haven't seen her since we got in."

Suddenly Lisa turned and strode quickly heading towards the rest rooms, a sense of panic overcoming her. As she headed towards the back of the restaurant she could see the cooks and wait staff looking to the back dock entrance. "What has happened?" She demanded to know.

"A woman, she went by in blur out door" one of the cooks said in broken English pointing out the door.

Lisa went out the same door; a panic seizing her heart, as she caught the scent that she knew belonged to Jennie.

"Ugh" Jennie moaned from the seat of the car she sat slumped in.

"Soon, Jen soon; you'll be fine" a voice familiar yet growing distant said to her as the motion of the car and the pain to her head caused her to pass out again.

"Mr. D'Olympia" Lisa said with an urgency to her voice.

"Ah, Lisa so where is..."

"Come with me" she interrupted and turned demanding with her voice to be followed.

Once inside her office she closed the door, "She has been taken."

"What? What are you talking ab..."

"Jennie"

"What?! Who? Where?" he angrily shouted as he rose and dropped his drink to the floor.

"Just now, a car was driven away and I believe Jennie was in it. She has been abducted."

"Lisa! We have to find her. Call the police!"

"I already have, they are sending the two detectives Jennie has spoken to."

"Where the hell are they?!" he shouted.

"Mr. D'Olympia, please...sit down. I am going to explain to the guests what has happened. The detectives will want to talk with them when they arrive. Meanwhile, I need you to be calm; I will send in a drink for you."

"Lisa, she's all I ..."

"I know."

"Please Lisa; I'll give you any..."

"No! Do not Mr. D'Olympia. She will be fine; I stake my life on it. I will do what I must to help" Lisa turned and exited her office leaving him alone for the moment.

After the detectives left, Lisa drove Mr. D'Olympia home, "Please stay here."

"How can I when my baby..."

"Mr. D'Olympia! I only say it as a courtesy. But mark my words, I am telling you to stay here in no uncertain terms. Do not allow anyone in, only the detectives. Do you understand?" the cold harsh tone she spoke made him nod in submission. "NO ONE!" she turned away stroding to her car and returning to her now vacant restaurant. Inhaling the air she growled, "Not again!"

...

A/N: oh fuck...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 4K 64
What happens when two souls who plan to kill themselves meet each other on the very night they are expected to lose their lives? Will they change one...
345 20 19
Chaeyoung had a fight with her parents and ran away from home. Now she walks around Seoul alone. Until she meets a girl who turns her life completely...
191K 5.2K 38
One summer changed their life but what will happen if their paths crossed again? #1 -#lisamanoban (02-2020) ❤️
389K 13.5K 45
A story about two souls bound to their past. One without a heart, and one without a soul. What if fate decides to bind them twice? What if their pas...