Oblivion (Happy Place Sequel)...

By EcstaticAce

SEQUEL TO HAPPY PLACE!! Due to not wanting to spoil Happy Place, the summary will be posted under the first c... More

Intro
Attempt #1
Attempt #2
Attempt #3
Attempt #5

Attempt #4

387 18 183
By EcstaticAce

A/N

HELLO EVERYONE!

This is going to be another long chapter! (Not as long as the last one but pretty long regardless) We're getting close to the end of this sequel, so I wanted to show my appreciation. From Happy Place to this sequel, Oblivion, you all have showed me so much love and support, and I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you all again, and I hope you like the story!

---------------------------------------

"Hey! Are you going to help me or what?"

Yoongi came walking down the stairs, his mint hair bouncing slightly as he walked. Once at the bottom of the stairs with one of their suitcases, he leaned on the suitcase and gave Taehyung an icy look.

Yoongi was setting the suitcase next to him when he was startled by Taehyung grabbing onto his waist, kissing him deeply. After a couple seconds, Taehyung released the kiss, putting his forehead to his boyfriend's.

"What was that for? You seem more affectionate than usual." Yoongi didn't mind the affection, but he was taken by surprise. Taehyung had always been the more affectionate one in the relationship, but it was almost as if Taehyung hadn't seen Yoongi in a long time.

"I just love you. A lot. And I'd do anything for you. I ... I just want you to know that."

Taehyung clung onto Yoongi, hugging him and laying his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Yoongi patted Taehyung's head, not exactly sure what was going on, but not bothered by the extra affection.

"Come on, Taehyung. We have to get going. We're going to be late." Yoongi had grabbed the suitcase, not noticing Taehyung get slightly tense. They still had part of a suitcase to pack upstairs, not wanting to waste too much time.

"Oh. And I love you too."

Yoongi gave Taehyung a large gummy smile, grabbing Taehyung's hand as he took him upstairs to pack and grab last suitcase. They reached the top of the stairs and entered their bedroom, the suitcase mostly packed and laid open on their bed.

"Do we really have to go?"

"Yes. We do."

Yoongi was packing the suitcase with both his and Taehyung's things. Taehyung was never one for labor. He would rather stare at his boyfriend all day. In a split second, Yoongi took a double take, blinking quickly and rubbing his eyes profusely.

What ... what is happening? I ... I don't remember anything before this, yet ... I feel like I've been in this position before. Maybe even more than once. What the hell is going on? Okay, calm down. You probably just had a bad dream or started off on the wrong side of the bed. Just think. Why am I packing suitcases? Where are we going?

Hoseok's. We're going to Hoseok's to meet with him. And ... old friends from high school will also be there. Right. Right? Ugh, why is everything so fuzzy?

Taehyung looked up to see his boyfriend rubbing his eyes consistently. Yoongi took a second to blink his eyes quickly, noticing his boyfriend looking at him worriedly. Before he could try to say that everything was okay, Yoongi had the sudden urge to rub his eyes again. It was as if he was trying to make his thoughts less hazy and trying to focus on what was in front of him.

"You okay, Yoongi? Is something wrong with your eyes?"

"Yeah, Tae, I'm fine. I'm probably just tired. No need to worry."

Yoongi could see Taehyung nod slightly, not sure what the younger was thinking. After a couple more seconds, the need to rub his eyes began to subside. It was almost as if he could now fully focus on what was in front of him. Yoongi continued to pack the last of their things.

"Where are we going anyway?" Taehyung had pouted his lips. Yoongi knew the younger was always up for an adventure, he also knew that Tae didn't know Hoseok.

"To my friend's house, remember. He gave me directions to his place. Although after looking at the GPS, it seems to be in the middle of nowhere."

"Yeah. Not spooky at all." Taehyung made sure his voice was close to a whisper.

"Are you ... scared?" Yoongi held a smirk, making Taehyung infuriated, but Yoongi could still see the love in his eyes.

"Of – Of course not."

Taehyung crossed his arms and pouted even harder than before, if that was even possible. He turned his back towards Yoongi, completely forgetting to help him pack. Yoongi had stopped packing, setting the shirt he was holding back in the suitcase before moving slightly closer to his boyfriend.

"Come here baby." Yoongi grabbed at one of Taehyung's arms, having Taehyung face him. Taehyung's face was still pointed to the ground, so Yoongi used one of his fingers to gently guide Taehyung's face to his.

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise. We're not the only ones going either. You'll have plenty of company." Throughout this small speech, Taehyung remained quiet.

"And plenty of kisses."

Yoongi was slightly shorter than the younger boy, putting his arms around Taehyung's neck to pull him down for a gentle kiss. It ended much faster than Taehyung would have wanted. Even so, he knew his boyfriend would be with him throughout the whole trip. Once Yoongi let go, Taehyung started grabbing his stuff and packing his own suitcase, a smile now playing on his lips.

"Love you, hyung."

"Love you too, Tae."

Yoongi let out one of his gummy smiles, one of the main reasons Taehyung fell for him in the first place. Yoongi still had an unsteady feeling about the situation, but he knew that, with Taehyung, he'd be safe. After looking up, Yoongi could sense that Taehyung was also a little tense. Just as he was about to approach the younger, he decided against it, focusing back on the almost-packed suitcase.

Just as he touched the suitcase to close it, his vision started to become hazy. He leaned his weight onto the top of the suitcase, the weight causing it to close. It was almost as if he felt like he was going to pass out. He placed a hand on his forehead, noticing his forehead already becoming damp from sweat. His breaths became heavier and heavier as he continuously leaned more on top of the suitcase. Yoongi could hear Taehyung talking, but he couldn't discern what the younger was saying, trying to focus on his breathing. It was in that moment that everything went black.

--------------- VISION ----------------

Yoongi was in an unfamiliar place, most likely a house based on what he could see. The walls and paintings made it look old, as if he had gone back in time. He had an unsettling feeling, as if someone or something was watching his every move.

Yoongi ran outside the room he was in, not seeing anyone on the other side. When he saw movement directly to his left, he quickly turned, only to be left with ...

Pain.

He looked down to see a knife in his stomach, a hand still attached to it. When he looked up, his eyes began to blur his vision. Static began to replace the clouded vision, almost as if it was preventing him from seeing who was on the other side. He wanted to know. He needed to know who it was. He needed to know who was trying to kill him.

Yoongi dropped to the floor, The mysterious person was already running away into the shadows of the house. All Yoongi could focus on was the shoes as they left his vision. The man melted into the shadows, no one able to see him. By the time someone had reached him, Yoongi was already on the floor and covered in his own blood. His vision was becoming filled with more static, the knife still stuck in his stomach.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi could feel himself losing touch with reality, could feel himself losing energy. He felt like he was dying. He looked up to see Taehyung's face crying in front of him. He tried to speak but no words came out.

"Yoongi!"

His vision became full of static. He could no longer feel the pain he was experiencing only moments before. Yoongi wasn't sure what was going on, trying to focus on making the static disappear. After what felt like eternity, the static began to subside. He found himself in the same house in a hallway,

"Where am I?"

Yoongi immediately winced in pain, holding his head as it pounded. He began to walk weakly down the hallway when he began to hear voices.

"Is there anything else we need to do?"

"No, I think everything is set up. But I just don't get it. What are you trying to achieve here?"

"I need to save him."

"You need to give up, kid. You don't have many tries left. Why do you keep trying so hard?

"Because he's worth it."

Yoongi was now hiding behind the wall, hearing the voices in the next room over. After taking a deep breath and trying to be stealthy, he peaked over into the room. All he could see was ...

"Tae?"

Yoongi was extremely confused, not sure why his boyfriend was in this house by himself talking to someone. Even though Yoongi tried to move around to see who Taehyung was talking to, the mysterious man was hiding behind a wall that most likely was the entrance to another room.

Just as Yoongi was about to approach his boyfriend, his vision began to black out again. He slowly fell to the ground, being sure not to make any noise. The pain continued to build up until it became unbearable. He closed his eyes, trying to calm down and focus on his breathing.

--------------- END VISION ---------------

" –gi. Yoongi? Yoongi!"

Yoongi opened their eyes, their breathing ragged and sweat now pooling off of their forehead and body. Yoongi was in the same position they remember being in, hunched over the suitcase. He turned his head to see Taehyung, their hand rubbing into his back and the other holding one of his hands.

"Are you okay? You just suddenly hunched over and weren't responding to anything I was saying."

Yoongi could see that Taehyung was extremely worried, not even attempting to leave Yoongi's side. Yoongi's head was still pounding, as if his brain was holding a lot of visions that were ready to burst. Even so, he smiled and moved to stand up.

"I'm fine. Just a little light headed, I guess. Probably just from not eating breakfast yet. We can stop somewhere on our way to Hoseok's. Sound good?"

Taehyung gave a small nod, inspecting Yoongi to be sure the older wasn't hurt. Yoongi smiled again, moving back to the suitcase to zip it up. Once they were done packing, they were on their way to Yoongi's old friend's place. Taehyung was interested but worried for some unknown reason to Yoongi. The older assumed Taehyung was worried about him from the previous episode this morning. Yoongi held Taehyung's hand, seeing Taehyung doze off as they drove. It was going to be an hour ride, so Taehyung fell asleep with Yoongi running soothing circles into the back of his hand.

---------------------------------------

"Suga! It's been too long." Hoseok had a large smile on his face. Yoongi was feeling better after having food along the way, quickly smiling back.

"Yeah it has, hasn't it?" Yoongi always had a calm, deep voice, another one of his trademarks. It had a sort of soothing effect on Hoseok. "You remember Taehyung, right?"

"You mean the cutie that took you way too long to ask out. Yeah, I remember him!"

Yoongi blushed slightly, remembering the moment he met Taehyung for the first time. Before he could dwell in his memories, his head began to hurt again, causing his knees to become slightly weak. Even though he tried to play it off, the pain was painted all over his face.

"Yoongi, you okay?"

It was Taehyung, meeting up with both Yoongi and Hoseok while pulling along the two suitcases. He dropped the suitcases, next to him, turning Yoongi to face him. Yoongi had his fingers back on his eyes, the hazy feeling coming back in full force.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I don't know what's going on with me today."

"Why don't you two come inside? I'll tell Sana to take you both to the room you'll be staying in. She's the maid and should be just inside the door."

Yoongi could hear Taehyung thank Hoseok while helping Yoongi to walk inside. Taehyung protectively put his hands on Yoongi's arms, trying to keep the older stable. Yoongi went to turn around and thank Hoseok when he was met with something unexpected.

What the hell was that? If I blinked, I would have missed it. He looked ... cold. The Hoseok I knew would never let his smile falter. And that look, why does it give me goosebumps? Am I ... scared? Come on Yoongi, you have no reason to be scared. You must just be tired and exhausted. A quick nap couldn't hurt you. But ... why can't I get that look out of my head?

Yoongi was so deep in thought that he hadn't realized the new person in front of him. The hazy fog that encompassed his head now transformed into his ears ringing, making it almost impossible to hear anyone unless he focused intensely.

"May I take your coats?"

By looking at the maid's expression, this probably wasn't the first time she asked him this question. Yoongi shook his head slightly, hoping that it would bring him back to reality a little. Taehyung was already moving behind Yoongi to help him take his coat off.

"Thank you."

Yoongi bowed slightly, trying to find a way to show his appreciation for her help. He noticed that the maid looked slightly stunned at his behavior but smiled nonetheless. She gestured towards the staircase with one arm, still facing the couple.

"I can show you to your room if you wish."

"We'd really appreciate it. Thank you!"

Taehyung's voice pierced through Yoongi's mind, the older leaning into his boyfriend's frame. He knew he just needed to get up the stairs and take a rest, but each step was an obstacle on his wobbly feet. Taehyung did his best to support Yoongi as they finally reached the top of the stairs and were shown their room.

The two thanked Sana, bowing before they entered. The room was larger than they had imagined, also having a bathroom and closet to themselves. The roomed seemed to look like a sunset, yellow at the top slowly merging to red at the bottom.

"If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!"

"I have one," Yoongi broke the silence with one hand still holding his head, "What's your name? I must have missed it."

"Sana" She smiled, giving Yoongi some comfort.

"Thank you, Sana."

Sana nodded as she left. Taehyung slowly closed the door before moving towards Yoongi who had laid down on the bed. Taehyung set the suitcases aside before moving to Yoongi's side.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling? Still dizzy? How can I help?"

"That's a lot of questions, Tae."

Yoongi smiled, causing Taehyung to smile as well. Even with all of this going, Yoongi didn't want to drag his boyfriend down with him. Yoongi took a deep breath, the pounding in his head starting to subside. He looked at Taehyung, noticing that his boyfriend was tense. The invisible tension was building, and Yoongi didn't want to wait until it burst. He knew Taehyung was on edge due to him acting strange. Yoongi sat up and moved next to Taehyung, placing his right hand on top of Taehyung's left. Taehyung looked at Yoongi for a couple seconds before laying his head on Yoongi's shoulder.

"I'm fine. It's probably just a cold with bad timing."

"You don't seem fine. Your head has been pounding since the morning, and you can barely stand when it happens. I'm just worried that something serious is going on, that's all."

Yoongi slid his hand into Taehyung's, sighing deeply as he used his other hand to brush through his boyfriend's hair. Yoongi would be lying if he said he wasn't worried. The vision he had this morning was currently running through his mind, still causing him to wonder why Taehyung was there and who he was talking to. Even with all of this running through his mind, he knew taking care of Taehyung was always his first priority.

"I promise that nothing's wrong. I'm probably just tired and need some rest."

"Are you sure?"

Yoongi could see the worry in Taehyung's eyes. He could feel a dull ache still rummaging through his head and believed some sleep may help. Instead of replying, he smiled and stretched dramatically before laying down fully in the bed, his back slowly sinking into the mattress. Taehyung smiled at him, rolling his eyes before falling down onto the bed next to Yoongi. Their fingers stayed interlocked as Yoongi laid on his side to face Taehyung.

"I promise. Now, come here."

Yoongi opened up his arms slightly, signaling Taehyung to move closer. Taehyung smiled before laying his head on Yoongi's chest and snuggling in closer. Once settled, Yoongi let out a sigh while laying his head on top of Taehyung's.

"I love you."

"Love you, too."

The dull ache in Yoongi's head had finally subsided, allowing him to get the rest he believed he so desperately needed. They both fell asleep like this, cuddled close together while taking synchronous deep breaths.

------------------------------------------------

By the time Yoongi and Taehyung woke up, they realized it was already getting late. Not wanting to make the others wait, they decided to get ready to go downstairs, making sure they both looked decent. Yoongi noticed Taehyung sending worried glances his way but not speaking up. He sighed before speaking up.

"I'm fine, Tae. The headache seems to be gone, so don't worry about me."

The last thing Yoongi wanted to be was a burden. He quickly made himself look presentable, fixing his hair in the mirror one last time before meeting Taehyung at the bedroom door to head downstairs.

"Are you sure? You looked really sick earlier."

"I promise."

Yoongi gave his boyfriend a gummy smile and kiss on the cheek before opening the room door and leading the way downstairs. Taehyung quickly caught up, holding Yoongi's hand as they went downstairs.

Once they were at the bottom of the stairs, Yoongi noticed a familiar face. He took his hand out of Taehyung's grip as he walked towards the familiar man, memories slowly flooding into his mind.

"Namjoon?"

"Yoongi? You're here too?

The two of them quickly made small talk, each introducing their respective boyfriends. As Yoongi and Namjoon caught up with each other, Taehyung started talking to Jin. Yoongi was glad to see his boyfriend getting along with his friend's boyfriend. Jimin had entered the conversation with Yoongi and Namjoon, and Jungkook entered the conversation with Taehyung and Jin. The room was full of chatter, Hoseok moving between the groups to participate in the chatter.

After a couple minutes of talking to each other, a man entered the room, bowing towards Hoseok and then bowing towards everyone else, including Yoongi. This caused the chatter to subside as they waited for the man to speak up. Based on the attire the man was wearing, Yoongi assumed this man to be the chef.

"Hello! I'm Minghao, the chef but please call me The8 if that's easier. Dinner is ready. Please follow me to the dining area."

Everyone followed The8's lead towards the dining room, including Yoongi. However, after a few steps, Yoongi stopped dead in his tracks. His head began to pound again, the pain becoming more and more intense as the seconds ticked by. Taehyung took a couple more steps with the group before noticing that Yoongi had stopped.

"Taehyung, are you guys coming?"

"We'll be just a second. You can get started without us!"

Taehyung smiled to Hoseok as the older led the rest of the group into the dining room. Once he could no longer see the group, he slowly walked towards Yoongi, his smile slowly fading.

"Is your headache back?"

Taehyung quickly moved to Yoongi's side, the older now holding onto his head and adding pressure to try and stop some of the pain. When this was unsuccessful, he quickly shook his head and looked at Taehyung, a smile planted on his face.

"Just a little bit. But don't worry about me. I just need to walk it off, and maybe having dinner will help."

Taehyung smiled tentatively as he moved next to Yoongi, guiding his one arm behind Yoongi's back as a form of support. Even through the pain, Yoongi could tell how supportive and protective Taehyung was being in that moment. They were about halfway to the dining room when he felt it.

Searing pain.

Yoongi could even process what was happening. One second he was walking with Taehyung, and the next, he was on the ground, his palms and knees digging into the carpet. His vision started to blur, the static taking over his vision again. He tried to breathe calmly, but the pain was too intense. He slowly opened one eye to see Taehyung trying to talk to him, but he couldn't hear anything. He moved his head to look back at the carpet before closing his eyes, trying to focus on his breathing.

Why is this happening? Why here? Why now? Okay, Yoongi, just stay calm. Tae is right here. You're going to be fi—

His thoughts were interrupted by a sharp, excruciating pain in his head, causing his arms to collapse from under him. His eyes were scrunched from trying to release any pain that he could. The static continued to take over his senses until a picture came into view.

----------------------------------------

Yoongi was in a new room. After looking around for a couple seconds, it looked like the dining room. He realized he was still on the ground, quickly picking himself up and brushing off his pants slightly.

"H-How did I get here. Where's Tae?"

Yoongi turned his head in slight panic, the younger boy nowhere in sight. He did a quick turn, noticing that the dining room was empty other than the table being full of food and drinks. Yoongi also noticed that the pain in his head was miraculously gone.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Yoongi noticed an exit out of the dining room and towards the living room. He decided to move to the archway, hoping to see a familiar face. When he took a few steps away from the dining room, he still didn't see anyone around. It was as if the house was completely empty. Yoongi felt a tingle up his spine, the eerie feeling not sitting well with him.

After a couple more seconds of looking around, he decided to turn back towards the dining room. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw movement. This caused him to stop dead in his tracks, his breathing picking up pace but trying to stay as quiet as possible. Just as Yoongi turned his whole body back to the archway, he heard a loud crash coming from the dining room.

"Breathe. Just ... breathe. Get ready to protect yourself. Get ready to fight."

Yoongi took tentative steps towards the archway, every step feeling like it could be his last. Once he reached the entrance back into the dining room, he could feel his breathing stop. He closed his eyes, realizing that he could die here and now. After another deep breath, he entered the dining room.

"H-Hoseok?!"

Yoongi noticed Hoseok's lifeless body on the ground, quickly running to see if the man was still alive. Hoseok's eyes were open but lifeless, the lack of movement enough evidence for Yoongi to assume he was dead. After staring at Hoseok and hoping for a sign of life that never came, he slowly got up.

"Someone ... killed Hoseok? Is this another vision or reality?"

Yoongi wasn't sure what to make of the situation, trying to stay calm, but the anxiety and fear continued to build. He turned around to look at the rest of the room, now noticing that the dining table that was just full of food was now empty except for a note sitting on the edge of it. Yoongi contemplated to himself for a couple seconds before deciding to pick up and read the note. Just before reading it, he took another deep breath, trying to clear his head.

You've succeeded once and failed twice. What will it be this time?

Yoongi looked at the rest of the note, not seeing anything else written on it. Just as he was about to look for more clues on what this note meant, he could feel the headache coming back. Before he even took one step, his knees hit the ground hard, the searing pain now taking over his head. His hands gripped his head, just wanting to get rid of the feeling. Static started to fill his vision, now trying to focus on anything he could. He looked back to the note in his hand when he saw it.

"4-9-3-5? What does that ... mean?"

Before Yoongi could think about it too much longer, the pain in his head quickly caused him to blackout, his body becoming limp in the middle of the dining room.

------------------------------------------

"—gi. –oongi! Can you hear me? Yoongi!"

Yoongi's eyes opened, the lights causing him to squint slightly. His back was pressed into the floor, his right hand being squeezed by Taehyung. After his vision adjusted to the lighting, he sat up slowly with Taehyung's help. Yoongi could feel the protective arm being placed on his back.

The headache ... it's gone. But why do I keep experiencing these headaches? These visions? What do they even mean? 4-9-3-5. It must be code for something, but what?

"Are you both okay? We heard Taehyung screaming from the dining room."

Both Taehyung and Yoongi looked towards the voice coming from the entrance to the dining hall. Namjoon looked worried, not sure why Taehyung had been screaming in the first place. Yoongi figured that seeing him on the ground didn't help his worry at all. Just as Taehyung was about to speak up, Yoongi beat him to it.

"I just slipped and fell. Taehyung is overreacting as usual."

Yoongi smiled, trying to convince Namjoon that he was telling the truth. Meanwhile, Taehyung was giving Yoongi a questioning gaze, not sure why his boyfriend was lying all of a sudden.

"Okay. Well, hurry up! There's plenty of food, and Hoseok wants to get started as soon as possible. He said there's a lot to talk about."

"Sounds good. We'll be right there."

Namjoon and Yoongi exchanged smiles, Namjoon finally leaving the room. Yoongi sighed deeply, looking down at the floor while trying to get up. With the support of Taehyung, he got back on his feet, still noticing that the headache was nowhere to be found.

"Why did you lie?"

"I don't want them all to worry about me. That's all. Now, let's go. We're already late."

Yoongi gave Taehyung a light smile, hoping to reassure the younger that he was fit to walk. Taehyung stayed close behind him as they walked to the dining room in case another episode occurred. However, they reached the dining within a minute, sitting at their designated spots. Just as they sat down, Hoseok spoke up.

Hoseok started off by explaining that he didn't have many friends besides Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jimin. Hoseok continued, feeling that anything involving a will should go to his three friends. Hoseok only started getting into what each person, or couple, would receive. It was then that he was interrupted by a buzzing noise mixed with occasional ding noises. Everyone seemed to ignore it until it happened again.

"My apologies, hyung. My phone is on vibrate. Someone must be trying to reach me from home." Jimin hadn't reached for his phone, knowing Hoseok was more important at the moment.

"Yeah, my phone is going off too. I apologize." It was Jungkook this time. He felt embarrassed and bowed slightly.

"Mine is going off too." Yoongi said this more mysteriously than factually. "Did we all just get a text?" Yoongi looked around the table before looking back down at his phone.

Everyone nodded except for Hoseok. At this point, everyone pulled out their phones to find out who was trying to grab their attention. Yoongi was the first to put his phone back in his pocket, while everyone kept their phones out.

"Who was it, Yoongi-hyung?" Hoseok was more curious than anything.

"Just a random number. I've never seen it before, so I'm just ignoring it." Yoongi said this calmly, having seen many of these random numbers before. Taehyung was the next to speak up.

"Yeah, me too." Taehyung then put his phone away slowly, looking around at those who still had their phones out.

"Yeah. Me ... too." This time it was Jin. He couldn't see the entire message from his home screen, so he decided to open it. The second he did, he wished he hadn't. "Guys, you might want to open it. That is, if we all got the same one." Jin's brows were still furrowed as he reread it, unsure if what he was reading was true.

Hoseok had gotten out of his chair, the food and briefcase long forgotten, looking over Namjoon's shoulder at the message received on his phone.

FROM: 119-121-2518

Hello everyone. I wouldn't close this message just yet. This party is about to get more interesting. If you look to the host, you'll notice he's drinking soda. At least, that's what he believes.

At this point, everyone seems horrified, especially Hoseok. He had almost finished his glass of what he believed was soda. He almost looked ready to puke it all up. Before he could leave though, Namjoon grabbed his shoulder, reading the rest of the message aloud to the group. In the meantime, Hoseok called Minghao, the chef, out into the dining room. Yoongi began to see the panic rise in the room, no one sure what was going on. He suddenly had the feeling that he'd been in this situation before, a feeling that something terrible was about to happen.

At this point, he'll start to feel sick quickly. You have a chance to save him, though. But you'll have to play a little game. In order to save him, all six of you MUST play. Do you accept? And I'd hurry. His time is running out.

PLAY THE GAME: TYPE

YES OR NO

Everyone looked horrified when Namjoon finished. As if on cue, Hoseok put all of his weight on Namjoon. Taehyung and Jimin ran towards him before everyone else, grabbing Hoseok quickly.

"Hoseok? Hoseok!" Hoseok was breathing shallowly and was placed gently on the floor by Namjoon.

Everyone looked around horrified. Jimin had shoved his face deep into Jungkook's shoulder, afraid to look at the horror. Meanwhile, Jin bent down to Hoseok, putting his ear by Hoseok's mouth and nose.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung was obviously scared, holding onto Yoongi for dear life. Yoongi looked absolutely terrified.

The vision. Hoseok was dead on the floor. Was I ... seeing the future? No, that's impossible! There's no way that's even possible. But ... if it is, then what were those numbers again? 4-9-3-5? Do those come into play here?

"I'm checking his breathing. I work as a doctor." Jin stayed there for a couple more seconds before looking up at everyone in the room. "It's not looking good. Can anyone call 119?"

"Yeah, of course." Yoongi quickly got out of his thoughts before grabbing his phone but was met by something unexpected. "I ... I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?!" Namjoon was getting slightly hysterical at this point.

"It won't let me out of the text message screen. It just keeps asking me if I'd like to play the game."

At this point, everyone except Jin gets their phone out, only confirming what Yoongi had already stated. Jimin was still crying at this point, holding onto Jungkook for dear life. Taehyung had tears brimming in his eyes, but he looked more scared than anything else.

"We have to play the game." Everyone looked at Jungkook as if he were insane, including Jimin.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jin, still trying to find ways for Hoseok to breathe, was getting worked up at the increasing pressure.

"We don't have a choice it seems. If we want to help Hoseok, we need to play this game, whatever it is. I know I've only met the guy, but wouldn't you want him to do the same for you?"

Everyone looked around slowly, no one really sure if they wanted to put themselves in danger. Yoongi looked around for a bit longer, trying to make a decision.

"I'll do it."

Everyone looked at Namjoon and Yoongi, both of them having spoken up at the same time. Namjoon had his hand slightly raised above his shoulder. Seeing Namjoon as a leader figure, everyone seemed calmer at his response but were still wary to put themselves in danger. Yoongi looked at Namjoon, silently telling him to continue.

"I know Hoseok would do it for me. So, I'm in." Namjoon seemed like he didn't like the situation but would rather save his friend than watch him die.

"The problem is, we need everyone to play to save him."

Jungkook seemed defeated as if his hands were tied. Jungkook heard footsteps coming from the hallway and immediately pushed Jimin behind his back. Yoongi followed suit with Taehyung, while Namjoon trying to force Jin off the floor. What caught their attention next was surprising. They were met with Minghao, the chef. He seemed just as surprised as everyone else.

"What happened?!" He pushed Jin out of the way, tapping on Hoseok's face desperately.

"We think someone poisoned him." Jimin was the first to speak up, but everyone's attention was stolen by Namjoon pulling Jin away.

"What's wrong?" Jin tensed at how tight Namjoon had grabbed his sleeve.

"Think about it guys. Who was the person who prepared the drinks and food?"

Yoongi could see the panic in everyone's eyes, watching as everyone pulled closer and closer together. Yoongi was never one for large groups, but he felt somewhat protected with everyone around him. He kept Taehyung behind him as he prepared for the worst.

At this comment, everyone's attention went to the chef, backing away and huddling together. Minghao was already kneeling down at Hoseok, looking up at the group. Minghao looked hurt, facing Hoseok once again. While the chef's focus was occupied, everyone's pockets buzzed or dinged.

"Oh, what now?" Jimin almost sounded defeated as everyone, including himself, got out their phones.

FROM: 119-121-2518

You're running out of time.

PLAY THE GAME: TYPE

YES OR NO

"What are we going to do?" Taehyung had tears starting to form in his eyes, looking to Yoongi for guidance.

"Do you know who's sending these messages?" Yoongi directed his direction towards Minghao who had gone eerily silent while everyone checked their messages.

After the question was asked, Minghao started laughing. It was the type of laugh that someone going mentally insane would produce. It shook everyone down to their core, causing everyone to huddle even closer together. At this point, Hoseok started shaking on the ground, convulsing as if having a small seizure.

"Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. You'll need to play the game." The chef looked at them all slowly, his eyes no longer showing any sadness.

"Aren't you Hoseok's staff? You should be helping him!" Taehyung was becoming desperate, sobs beginning to come out of his mouth. Yoongi did everything to try and make his boyfriend feel safe while keeping the boy behind him. He had only ever seen Taehyung this frightened and upset once, not sure how to make the younger feel protected.

"And what if we decide not to play the game?" Jin was trying to test the power that the chef was exerting from his body language.

"Hmmmm ..." It seemed as if the chef was thinking deeply before he snapped his fingers. He stood up and grabbed the meat knife off of the table. He noticed how sharp it was thanks to Hoseok spacing out earlier.

"I guess I'll just have to kill you then. I'm guessing you have about five more minutes to save Hoseok. The choice is yours."

As if on cue, Hoseok groans out in pain. Minghao guards over the hallway with the knife in hand. He seems cold and menacing.

"Guys, I don't think we have much of a choice. We either all die, or we attempt this game. For all we know, Hoseok set this up." Namjoon was speaking his mind at this point, not sure what to do with himself.

"I'm going to type "YES" on my phone." Yoongi was using his best logic, not just trying to give himself a chance to live but his boyfriend as well.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Taehyung seemed absolutely hysterical, tears still falling from his face.

"We don't have a choice. You'll die if you don't play, and we need to try and save Hoseok." Yoongi had grabbed onto Taheyung's sleeve only to try and calm him down.

Taehyung is acting ... different. He's been scared before, but why do I feel like he's being ... fake? Even if he's overplaying it, I need to protect him.

Taehyung sighed before he nodded. At this point, Namjoon, Jungkook, Yoongi, and Taehyung all had typed "YES" on their phones. They received a new message on their phones.

FROM: 119-121-2518

Awaiting other players. Please hold for instructions.

Jimin and Jin were still unsure but were quickly coaxed by the other people in the room. Minghao continued to stare them down, making sure that they didn't leave the room. Once everyone had entered "YES" into the phone, a new message buzzed.

FROM: 119-121-2518

Welcome players. I'm assuming you all are wondering how you can save your friend. To do so, you're going to need great eyesight. Around the dining room, I set up four numbers. These numbers will unlock the box in the briefcase. Inside the box is the antidote to the poison.

Find the antidote: Save him

Fail the game: He dies but you live

Can you live with the guilt? Good luck.

After reading the message, everyone gave one last glance at the chef and Hoseok.

"I'd get going if I were you. I'd give him about three minutes to live." Minghao seemed very cold but held a smirk, still guarding the way to the kitchen.

Everyone looked at each other and quickly split up across the room. Yoongi felt as if time was going at twice the normal speed. Everyone was scrambling around the room to find these numbers. The only problem was that no one knew what these numbers looked like.

"Anyone find anything?" Jimin swept back his hair in frustration. He'd looked on the table, on the walls, on the floor, and even in the food, but he still had not even noticed one number.

"Not from me." Yoongi sighed as felt the room getting warmer, both from nerves and from everyone in the room sweating.

These numbers are impossible to find. It's almost as if they want Hoseok to die. But ... my vision. He was dead. Was it really predicting the future? No, snap out of it! You can stop this. You can help Hoseok. But these four numbers really are hidden. Wait. Four numbers ...

"Guys!"

Yoongi's shout had stopped everyone in their tracks, not used to the man speaking louder than he had to. Yoongi wasn't sure if this was the right decision. For all he knew, they'd think he was the killer himself. But he needed to do this. He needed to save Hoseok.

"4-9-3-5. Those are the numbers!"

Everyone looked at Yoongi as if he was deranged, especially Taehyung. No one was questioning him yet, but everyone was stuck in place, as if considering whether they should trust Yoongi or not.

"How do you know?"

Jimin looked timid but spoke up anyway. Everyone had no idea where Yoongi had gotten those numbers from. The confusion filled the air before Jimin broke the silence, walking quickly to the suitcase to pull out the box with the lock.

"Jimin, what are you doing?"

Jungkook started walking towards his boyfriend, grabbing the wrist of the arm that wasn't holding the box. Jimin turned to face him, seeing the look of disbelief written all over his face.

"You don't actually believe those are the right numbers, do you?"

Jungkook looked towards Yoongi with a judging expression. Yoongi was also worried, not sure if those numbers were even right, but as they stood here, they were losing time. Yoongi looked to Jimin as if he was pleading for the younger to believe him.

"There's no harm in trying."

Jimin smiled at Jungkook while he began plugging in the numbers. The other boys gathered around quickly, including Yoongi. Yoongi had been focused on the box, hoping it would open. He could see Taehyung looking at him from the corner of his eye, turning his head to smile at his boyfriend. Taehyung looked worried but placed his hand in Yoongi's, almost as if praying that the numbers were right.

"4. 9. 3. 5. Okay and ..."

The lock quickly unhinged, allowing Jimin to open the box. Even though they should have been rushing to give Hoseok the antidote, everyone's eyes were now on Yoongi, including Minghao's. Before they began questioning Yoongi, Jin walked quickly towards Jimin, taking the antidote out of the box and kneeling down to Hoseok. While Jin was giving Hoseok the antidote, Jungkook decided to speak up.

"Yoongi, how did you know the combo?"

Jungkook approached Yoongi with Taehyung and Namjoon close behind. Yoongi moved closer to Taehyung before responding, already feeling on edge from everyone's eyes on his. However, even Yoongi didn't know that the combination was right, but he felt it was best to not talk about his visions, at least not in front of the whole group.

"It's difficult to explain. I..."

Before Yoongi could continue, a loud cough pierced through all other noise. Everyone immediately looked towards the source: Hoseok. He chest was bouncing with each cough, trying to lift his upper body off the floor.

"Guys! He's alive!"

Even Minghao looked slightly shocked. Everyone moved towards Hoseok but tried not to crowd him too much, knowing he must be rattled by the whole event. When Hoseok finally opened his eyes, he mumbled something before seeing the six other boys hovering over him.

I'm glad he's safe. So, that vision, it really was right. So, it was telling me the future? But why? Why me? And ... that's odd. Why does he look so shocked to see us? He must have thought he had no chance to survive. But ... in my vision ... he was already on the ground lifeless. Who poisoned him?

Jin helped Hoseok to his feet. Yoongi couldn't get rid of this feeling that Hoseok still looked frazzled, almost as if he hadn't expected to be alive. But honestly, if he was in Hoseok's shoes, he's not sure he would have kept his will to live after that event either. He could only imagine that Hoseok was having a hard time trusting any of the men standing before him.

"T-Thanks everyone. You saved me."

Hoseok pulled everyone into a group hug. Even though Yoongi wasn't particularly comfortable with close affection, he made an exception for this instance, also proud of himself for saving a life, even if it was his vision that gave him the answers. Their hug was interrupted by the buzzing of their phones. Looking at each other and nodding, they all looked at the message.

FROM: 119-121-2518

So you saved him just in time. I'm surprised. It seems like someone in your group may know more than what they're letting on. So now that that's over, let me explain this game in more detail.

I imagine you have now realized that the house staff is in on the game. No worries though. They won't hurt you as long as you play along. The point of this game is to survive.

But just some advice:

I'd kill the others before they kill you.

You will receive another text for the details of the next game in about five minutes. Good luck players.

You'll need it.

Everyone immediately became more cautious around each other, almost as if they were sizing each other up. Before things could get any worse, Yoongi spoke up so that he could be heard.

"They want all of us to gang up on each other. That only lets the killer win. They're playing with us. We have to stick together. Don't let any of this get to you. As long as we have each, we all have a chance to survive. I know ... I know I look really suspicious right now, but trust me, I had nothing to do with poisoning Hoseok."

Taehyung placed his hand in Yoongi's, causing the older to look at him. Taehyung couldn't be prouder of his boyfriend for taking somewhat of a leader role in this dire situation. Knowing what Yoongi had been through, he was proud of the growth the older was showing. Even so, the other men gave Yoongi a fierce gaze.

"I believe him."

Everyone turned towards the youngest, Jungkook, the younger still staring Yoongi down as if trying to get a look inside his soul. Jimin pulled on his boyfriend's arm slightly, not sure why he was siding with Yoongi at all.

"If he really wanted Hoseok dead, why would he save him?"

"But how did he know those numbers in the first place?"

Jin stepped forward, his arms crossed against his chest to form some sort of barrier between himself and Yoongi. He was eyeing the man up and down as if trying to search for answers.

"I ... I can't tell you that. But I'm hoping ..." Yoongi looked at the other men in the room. "I'm hoping that I can save all of us."

Taehyung looked at his boyfriend in awe, wondering if Yoongi could actually achieve something that seemed so far out of reach. The other men in the room smiled slightly, the suspicions on Yoongi lessening as the seconds passed. Just as Yoongi was about to continue, all of their phones buzzed.

The maid entered the room, Yoongi remembering her name to be Sana. The clicking of heels pierced through the newfound silence in the room. She leaned against the entryway, a sinister smile planted on her face. She looked up at the six men before her.

"Are you ready for stage two?"

-------------------------------

All of them were currently trying to put pieces together. Sana and Minghao were currently in the dining room being questioned by Namjoon and occasionally Jungkook. After Sana had recited something from the texts that she had no way of seeing, pandemonium slowly broke loose in the small, dimly lit room.

Yoongi and Taehyung stayed back a bit, not necessarily wanting to get involved in the conversation right now. Yoongi looked to Taehyung, the younger looking calm with a little tension shown in the way he would fidget every couple seconds. Yoongi thought back to the first vision he had.

So, if this last vision I had was right, then the first one I had must also have some truth to it. But, all I saw was Taehyung in a room talking to someone I couldn't even see. Wait a minute. He wasn't just in any room. He was in this house. Who was he talking to, and who did he need to save. Yoongi, this is absolutely insane! Your boyfriend is not a killer. He had no part in it. But ... if it is true, who was he planning with? Who?

Yoongi hadn't realized he was staring at Taehyung for at least half a minute before the younger smiled at him, pulling him straight out of his gaze, as if sobering him up. Yoongi's thoughts were running rampant, not sure if he should trust his visions, if he should trust Taehyung.

"Yoongi? Everything okay? Is it another headache?"

Taehyung moved to hold onto Yoongi's arms when the older backed away slightly, still trying to sort out his thoughts. Yoongi quickly thought about his headaches. Every time one appeared, he had a vision. He decided that keeping an eye on that might help him in saving everyone. Before Taehyung had time to question Yoongi, they both felt their phones buzz in their pockets. Yoongi looked to the rest of the group, not having heard what conversation Sana was having with Namjoon until that moment.

"You might want to check your phones. Who knows ... it might be something important, and you're wasting any time you have." A maintenance woman showed up, looking at her nails as if she wasn't even interested in the six men in the center of the room. She gave them all one more glance before looking back at her nails.

Yoongi quickly looked at the other men in the room. Jungkook grabbed his phone from his pocket first with Yoongi not far behind. Everyone else followed him, but they seemed more timid to do so. However, after looking around the room, they were truly trapped inside the dining room by five staff members. Yoongi knew Minghao and Sana, but there were three new faces.

A maintenance worker, a butler, and a gardener? Where did they even come from? It doesn't matter. The best you can do is follow these stages and help everyone get out alive, especially Tae.

They all read the next message individually. Yoongi glanced at Taehyung, noticing his boyfriend's continuous calm nature. He knew he needed to read the text, but Taehyung's behavior still seemed somewhat suspicious to him, especially after remembering his first vision. Before he could question his boyfriend, he knew this text was more important in the moment. He lifted his phone again to read the text.

FROM: 119-121-2518

I see you saved your friend in stage one. But in stage two, you may end up with a different fate. This game will be a little more interesting. As you can see, there are five staff members surrounding you, but there are seven of you. Here's how stage two will work.

Each one of you will try to pick a staff member, but as you could have guessed, two of you will be left without one. This will be a huge disadvantage for you. Once all the staff members are taken, each player will receive a note. The players without a staff member will receive their note from the table in the living room. These notes will have instructions for what to do next.

All I can say is do not come in last place. The last player to complete their task and return to the final location ...

Will die.

Good luck players.

At this point, everyone that finished reading the text was running towards a staff member, not wanting to be one of the people with a disadvantage. The room went from being extremely calm to mass hysteria. Yoongi seemed to have finished reading it second, quickly running to the staff member that he remembered meeting first, Sana.

Sana seemed curious as to why Yoongi chose her so decisively, looking him up and down before going back to looking at her nails. She seemed to be mimicking the maintenance worker, both not amused at the situation. Yoongi was happy her gaze feel away from him, feeling less tense immediately. He quickly realized he hadn't been looking at everyone else as the noise in the room became louder.

Jungkook was the first person that ran to a staff member first, picking the butler. Yoongi looked around the room to see that Taehyung had chosen the maintenance woman. He was happy that his boyfriend chose a staff member, but he wasn't sure how he felt about her. She didn't seem to care about what was going on, making Yoongi afraid that she wouldn't help him during this upcoming stage.

Namjoon and Jin both finished reading the text at the same time, quickly moving past each other to the last two staff members. Namjoon had chosen Minghao, and Jin had chosen the gardener. By the time Hoseok and Jimin had both read the text, they had noticed that no staff members were left. Yoongi could see tears building in Jimin's eyes and threatening to fall. Jungkook looked just as upset, quickly moving to hug his boyfriend in the middle of the room.

"Sucks to be them. But I especially feel bad for that guy."

It was said under the Sana's breath, but Yoongi could see her looking in Jin's direction. Yoongi really wanted to talk to Taehyung before this stage started, but he needed to know what Sana was talking about. She had already started looking at her nails again, not interested in the man in front of her.

"Why do you feel bad for Jin? Wouldn't you feel worse for the two without a staff member?" Yoongi was confused, looking for answers.

Sana gave Yoongi a smirk, scoffing at the fact that Yoongi had heard her talking under her breath, sighing loudly before turning to the man and giving him her full attention. With Yoongi's cold gaze on her, she gave another smirk before continuing.

"I mean, yeah I feel bad for them too, but Sewoon's second stage is no joke."

"Sewoon?"

"Yeah, the gardener. I mean, mine's no walk in the park either, but his is scary."

Yoongi had spotted his boyfriend across the room. Before he could run to him, Sana grabbed his arm, holding Yoongi back. Yoongi looked at her coldly, not sure why he was being stopped so abruptly. Before Sana could speak up, Yoongi heard another voice.

"It seems that we've all been chosen." The maintenance woman looks around one final time before continuing. "We will now distribute the notes. Once you receive yours, please follow the instructions. We are here to help you, not tell you what to do. Good luck."

--------------------------

"Here's your note." Sana pulled an envelope out of her apron, giving it to Yoongi.

He noticed that the envelope was closed with a seal, not thinking much of it before roughly opening the envelope. The last thing he wanted to do was be the last to finish. What he was greeted with was a note that had old-styled writing on it. He read the note carefully.

It seems you've chosen Sana, an interesting choice. Your first destination is upstairs in the bedroom painted purple. There, you will find the next note. Don't wait. Hurry.

Yoongi had never even heard of this room, understanding now why it may be a good thing to have Sana with him. Everyone else still seemed to be in the dining room reading their notes, putting Yoongi at ease that he wasn't falling behind. He looked towards Sana.

"Let's go!"

He waited for Sana's lead but was met with a confused stare. He looked around the room, not sure if Sana was distracted by something. He smiled when seeing Taehyung working with his staff member before looking back at Sana, being met with a confused expression.

"Go where? What did the note say?" Sana looked genuinely confused, not sure what Yoongi was trying to say.

"You mean you're working for this person who's trying to kill us, and you have no idea what they have planned?" Yoongi felt utter disbelief at what he was hearing, not sure why the staff members were involved in the first place.

"Just because I agreed to work for them doesn't mean they told me all the details. That could be bad for their plan, couldn't it?"

Yoongi seemed to think about it and agreed. Before he knew it, some people had already left towards their next destination. When he looked around quickly, he noticed Taehyung still talking to the maintenance worker, hoping that he'd move along quickly and not waster too much time.

"The purple room upstairs. It said to go there. Any ideas where that is?" Yoongi looked towards Sana, curious if she was actually going to help him or not.

"Yeah. It's a bedroom. Let's go!"

With that, Sana led Yoongi out of the dining room and up the stairs. Yoongi took one last look at Taehyung, see him and his staff member now moving on to the new location. He smiled before quickly moving with Sana. Yoongi went quickly up the stairs, trying to reach this bedroom quickly while not falling behind Sana.

Once they both reached the top of the stairs, Sana began leading Yoongi to the end of the hallway. It was the second bedroom door on the right and was colored a pale purple. He noticed that someone's stuff was still lying mostly in a suitcase, making it seem that one of the other couples was staying here. Yoongi took a quick scan of the room before turning to Sana.

"Okay. What now?"

"How am I supposed to know? You're the one with that note. What did it say to do up here?" Sana seemed slightly annoyed at the man, debating if she actually wanted to help him or not.

"The note said that a second note should be here. I'm assuming it should have the next step. But honestly, this room looks so neat. Where should we even start?"

Both Yoongi and Sana looked around the room, but neither person noticed anything out of the ordinary. Yoongi was looking for an envelope similar to the first but wasn't having much luck. Yoongi was trying to stay calm as the time started slipping away. At this point, he wasn't sure how he would place, not sure what everyone else's stages looked like. He kept looking diligently before regrouping with Sana in the middle of the room.

"Any luck, Sana?"

"Not really. I've looked everywhere."

"I don't know where this envelope could even be. And we're running out of time." Yoongi put his hands behind his neck, taking deep breaths to try and keep himself calm. This action helped him think when he was stressed.

Now would be a great time to have a vision. Wait ... is that possible? Can I induce a vision to help me out? It's worth a try.

Yoongi tried calming his breathing, the deep breaths catching Sana's attention. Yoongi hadn't noticed, his eyes now closed as he tried to induce a vision. After about 30 seconds, Yoongi sighed loudly, not even feeling the beginning of a headache. After taking one more look around the room, he felt as if a light bulb went off.

"I might have an idea."

Yoongi looked at Sana quickly. His eyes were slightly larger than usual, giving Sana his full attention. She was slightly surprised, not having seen the man look this engages since he got here.

"What are you thinking?"

"Let's try thinking about it from a killer's perspective." Sana kept the top of her hand under her chin, as if she was still thinking about what Yoongi was trying to suggest.

"From the killer's perspective?" Sana wasn't sure where Yoongi was trying to go with this.

"If you were the killer, you'd want to make it as difficult as you could for everyone else, right?"

"I ... I guess."

"So, you wouldn't just put the envelope in plain sight, right? You'd want to put it in a difficult spot, where the envelope would be hard to find."

"I still don't understand where you're going with this."

"The killer wouldn't have known who would choose which staff member. Right? They'd have no idea that I would have run to you. So ..."

"So?"

"Maybe the disadvantage to find the envelope wouldn't be towards the player but to the person they chose. So, no matter who chose each staff member, there would always be some sort of disadvantage."

"I have no idea what you're trying to say."

Yoongi sighed slightly, wishing for Sana to catch onto his thoughts. Sana started to get slightly frustrated with the man, not liking his attitude towards her so far. Yoongi looked at her before continuing.

"The disadvantage to finding the envelope wouldn't affect me, but you. It would be geared towards something you're not good at."

Sana's eyes lit up as she started to understand what Yoongi was saying. But as soon as she began to understand, she began to grow confused again. Yoongi noticed this confused expression, waiting for her to speak up.

"So, what would the killer think my disadvantages are?"

"I don't know. I mean, just based on your physique, you're pretty short, but ..."

Before Yoongi could finish, Sana slapped his arm quite hard. Yoongi rubbed his arm as if that would stop the slight sting that she left. Yoongi could see that Sana wasn't necessarily angry at his remark, but hating being called short himself, he could imagine it probably hurt her ego.

"Do you really think that's it?" Sana remained still, trying to think of any other disadvantage she may have.

Yoongi nodded before looking around the room at places they had looked at previously. He noticed that, since both of them are short, they had only been looking at places eye level or lower. Once he realized this correlation, he looked back at Sana, still worrying about how much time they were taking at finding the next note.

"We weren't looking at surfaces high up." Sana looked astounded that Yoongi had pieced the puzzle together. "I guess it's worse that we're both short, huh?"

"It's making this almost impossible. Which may have been what the killer was hoping for."

Yoongi looked around the room, finding a chair in front of a desk and grabbing it quickly. Sana seemed to understand that they could use this to try and look and surfaces up high. They both looked at each other as if they were finally on the same wavelength. They smiled at each other as Yoongi used the chair to keep looking above dressers and at any high surface he could reach. Sana wasn't much help without a chair herself, staying out of Yoongi's way as she continued to search things lower to the ground.

After about a minute, Yoongi had finally found what he was looking for. "Found it!"

"Nice!" Sana smiled as Yoongi hopped off the chair and walked back towards her before opening it. Just as he was about to rip it open, he paused, looking at Sana questioningly.

"Aren't you supposed to be against me in all this?" Yoongi continued to look at her, confused.

"I'm just helping someone out. Doesn't mean I can't help you out too." Sana gave Yoongi a wink.

Yoongi still felt slightly suspicious but let it slide. He was more worried about finding out what he had to do next. Yoongi nodded to Sana once before his next move.

He opened the envelope.

-----------------------------------

When Yoongi entered the room, it was utter chaos. The staff members were talking to each other towards one side of the room while the others were talking to each other, not looking as if they were trying to be quiet. Yoongi could hear them when approaching the room, not able to decipher whose voices they were. From what Yoongi could tell, it was as if no one had noticed him enter the room.

"Guys! What's is going on?"

"Yoongi!"

Before he knew what happened, he was being enveloped by Taehyung, the younger almost squeezing the life out of him. Yoongi wasn't sure what was going on, slowly moving his arms to embrace his boyfriend. As soon as Taehyung began hugging him, the room went silent.

"I ... I thought you wouldn't make it."

"I'm here. I'm right here. You can't get rid of me that easily."

Yoongi laughed slightly while Taehyung took Yoongi into another embrace, Yoongi not bothering to fight it. He knew, seeing only Jin and Hoseok not in the room yet, that Taehyung must have been getting worried. But even so, Yoongi wasn't sure why this was hitting him so hard. Taehyung hasn't been this emotional in a long time, but Yoongi assumed it was just nerves from the dire situation.

Yoongi became lost in thought again as everyone else waited to see if Jin or Hoseok would be the last one to show up. He was waiting for a headache to appear out of nowhere, but as of right now, he felt fine. It was almost as if the headaches were just a part of his imagination to start off with.

Why did I have headaches all day until when I was trying to push for one. And those visions. I only get them during the headaches. But, I don't see how those two things could be connected. But that vision about the combination ... it was right. Does that mean I've been here before? Have I played this game before?

Yoongi was shaken out of his thoughts by everyone yelling around him. After looking around, he could see that Hoseok had shown up, everyone checking on how he was doing. After noticing Hoseok, Yoongi noticed movement from one of the entryways, Jin running in and out of breath. Yoongi could see his spirit break when he noticed he was in last.

Namjoon and Jin were now holding each other tightly, as if this may be the last time they get to see each other. Yoongi couldn't blame them, the fear of death creeping up on all of them. Yoongi noticed Jin crying. He couldn't imagine what was running through their minds. Yoongi had moved away from Taehyung, debating on whether to approach the couple when a voice rang out.

"Now that everyone's here, we can get started. Jin." It was Minghao speaking up, looking straight at the man in question. "You came in last. However, you may not be the one to die."

You could hear a pin drop in the room, everyone not sure what was going on. This wasn't part of the plan. Everyone now looked at each other, not sure what was going to happen next and not sure they wanted to find out. However, Yoongi looked over to see this news giving Jin and Namjoon some hope.

"You will see a spot at the table with your name. Please sit at your spot and await further instruction."

Minghao had left for the kitchen while the boys all found their respective seats. It was set up so that each couple was facing across from each other with Hoseok at the head of the table. Yoongi sat down anxiously, looking towards his boyfriend. Taehyung looked oddly calm, playing with his fingers slightly but not as anxious as he was expecting after having cried in Yoongi's arms minutes before. Yoongi could tell something was off, but before he could ask Taehyung, he was interrupted.

"I'm passing out drinks, but please ..." Minghao paused and looked around at everyone, including the other staff members, "... do not drink them."

Immediately, everyone felt shivers up their spines. Minghao kept passing out drinks, giving the last one to Taehyung. Once they were passed out, he went behind Jungkook. Everyone then heard a loud buzzing noise. They all looked at each other and knew ...

... they received another text.

Yoongi was the first to reach for his phone.

"What are you doing?" Jimin stopped Yoongi in his tracks.

Yoongi wasn't sure what else they could do. His first priority was to protect Taehyung, and if that meant opening the text message, then so be it.

"If we don't look at the message, something bad is going to happen anyways. We might as well prepare ourselves. I don't want to go into this situation blind." Yoongi looked at Jimin, trying to get the younger to understand.

At this point, everyone pulled out their phones to read the message.

FROM: 119-121-2518

Hello. Right now, there are glasses in front of you. One of your glasses contains poison.

When each person read this part of the message, they all grew tense. Everyone became paralyzed with fear but continued reading. The staff members felt the tension emerging and stood straighter than normal.

Once you're all done reading this message, one of the staff will count to three. At this time, you are all required to drink what's in the glass. If you choose not to, the staff members will kill you.

Almost everyone's mouth dropped. Yoongi looked at Taehyung, trying to figure out a way to protect him. His mind was moving a mile a minute, surprised that he wasn't receiving a headache just from pure adrenaline. Taehyung looked up, eyes somewhat glossed over. It was as if Taehyung wasn't worried, causing Yoongi to question what the younger knew. Yoongi didn't know how to question his boyfriend, seeing that Yoongi was slowly becoming more and more anxious as the seconds passed. He was wishing for a vision or anything to help him understand what was going on. He had no way of protecting either of them, leaving the odds up to fate. Each staff member then brought out a knife into each person's view. Yoongi looked over to Taehyung, the younger man still looking too calm for the situation.

Just for your own knowledge, one of your friends chose who would die tonight. But who, you ask? I'll save that for all of you to figure out. Good luck, players.

Yoongi wanted answers, not sure what was going on with his boyfriend. Yoongi and Taehyung had been together for a couple years now, and Yoongi could tell when Taehyung was anxious, trying to be strong for Yoongi's sake, or even just hiding something from him. When Yoongi looked at Taehyung, it was if he could tell Taehyung was holding something from him, something huge. Yoongi wasn't sure how important it was, but he wanted answers.

"I will give the count off. Good luck to you all." The powerful voice came from the maintenance worker, almost like a cold-blooded killer. All the boys grew stiff but put the glass in their hands. "One..."

Everyone grew tense, bringing the glass closer to their mouths.

"Two ..."

They all kept their glasses up, afraid of being killed. Yoongi looked at Taehyung one more time, ready to try and calm down his boyfriend if needed. However, Yoongi was surprised by Taehyung's action.

He's ... calm. This isn't like him. Normally, he'd be an anxious mess and probably crying by now. What is he hiding? What does he know? And why ... why haven't I had a vision yet. I could really use one right about now.

"Three." Hyuna said the last number with venom.

Everyone hesitantly took a sip from the glass. The staff members lowered their knives, now having no use for them. Everyone waited in anticipation to see which glass was poisoned. All the glasses were now back on the table. Everyone looked around, nervous at who would drop. Yoongi looked around nervously, not feeling any different himself but not wanting to take chances. He looked back at Taehyung, still seeing a calm man in front of him. Confused as ever, he looked towards the staff.

The staff members were also looking around as if unsure themselves who would drop from poison. The only two that kept their eyes straight were Minghao and Hyuna, the maintenance worker, as if they seemed to know who would die tonight.

All of a sudden, everyone heard a loud crash, a chair and body hitting the floor. Yoongi noticed that it was the man further away from him: Jin.

-----------------------------------------

Yoongi watched as the life in Jin's eyes left, a sight that made him turn away from the now dead boy. Everything happened so fast, but he knew no one could be feeling worse in this moment than Namjoon. He was about to walk up to Namjoon before he felt a tap on his shoulder. He was startled, turning around quickly to find Taehyung standing there.

"Are you okay?"

"What do you think?"

It was in that moment that Yoongi could feel the reality of the situation hitting him at full force. He couldn't hold back the fear and anxiety that this game was placing on him. Taehyung tried to reach for Yoongi's hand, but Yoongi turned his whole body away from him, focusing on the others.

"Who did it?"

The voice came from Namjoon whose voice was loud, anger pouring out of him. He had stepped away from Jin's body but didn't walk too far from it. Everyone looked at Jimin, not sure what he was trying to accuse someone of.

"I said. Who. Did. It." Namjoon looked up to try and see if anyone looked even the slightest bit guilty. Yoongi couldn't imagine what Namjoon was going through. He couldn't imagine losing Taehyung.

"What do you mean? Who did what?" Jungkook was confused, not sure where Namjoon was going with this.

"The text message said that one of us chose who would die tonight. So, who chose Namjoon?"

"I did."

Everyone turned to see Hoseok with his hand raised. Namjoon quickly walked towards Hoseok. Right when Hoseok looked up, Namjoon looked ready to slap him across the face. Yoongi quickly walked in front of Namjoon, grabbing his had and stopping it mid-motion. Even so, Namjoon continued to yell at Hoseok.

"You killed him."

"I didn't have a choice. I had to choose."

"And you chose Jin?"

"I'm ... I'm sorry."

Yoongi could hear yells and words being thrown throughout the room, but it was if he suddenly fell underwater, unable to decipher what was being said. He had been so caught up in the conversation that he hadn't noticed a headache forming. He kept blinking, slowly bringing one of his hands to the side of his head. Everyone else was questioning Hoseok, including Taehyung, that no one had noticed Yoongi slowly deteriorating.

Yoongi had tried to scream, to talk, even just to breathe, but it was almost as if the air was too thin. He felt like he was suffocating. Yoongi could feel his knees hit the ground, followed by his body. The last thing he remembers seeing is Taehyung rushing towards him.

--------------- VISION ---------------

Yoongi woke up startled, his breathing quickened and erratic. After realizing he was on the floor, he tried to get up, the headache slowly fading away. After rubbing his eyes and rubbing the side of his head slowly, he managed to stand up. It wasn't until after a couple seconds that he realized he was in the room alone.

"Tae? Namjoon? Jimin?"

He started shouting everyone's name but didn't receive a response. Upon closer inspection, he was in a new room he had never been in before. After looking around, he noticed a door crack open to his left. He slowly approached it, occasionally looking behind him to be sure no one was following him.

He slowly opened the door all the way, the loud creaking sound causing him to flinch. He could see stairs heading down a floor, deciding to follow them down. He was slow, careful with each step in case someone was at the bottom. He noticed that a light was on, signaling to him that someone may be down here. He was about halfway down the stairs when he heard it.

A gunshot.

After closing his eyes abruptly and trying to calm his breathing, the room became silent again. He sat there for what felt like hours but was only about a minute. There was no mistaking that the gunshot came from the basement. After not hearing anything, he decided to continue down the steps. He was almost at the bottom when he looked to his left.

There was a body, bloody and on the ground lifeless. Yoongi quickly ran to the person, trying to see if there was anything he could do to save him. The body wasn't responding, but the pool of blood was getting larger and larger as the seconds passed.

"Hey! Are you okay? Can you hear me? Hey!"

Yoongi pulled the person towards him, flipping them from their stomach to on their back. The second the boy stared lifelessly up towards the ceiling, Yoongi began to panic, quickly pushing himself away from the body.

"What ... What the hell?! Is that ... me?"

Yoongi's own lifeless body laid there, the flow of blood slowing down as time passed. Yoongi couldn't believe his eyes, trying to figure out what this vision was trying to tell him. Just as he was about to get up and go back upstairs, he could hear footsteps approaching from behind him. He quickly turned around before another headache hit him, his eyes quickly closed tightly from all of the pain. He opened his eyes slightly to see a pair of shoes in front of his eyes.

"Who are you?"

Yoongi was now writhing on the ground in pain, trying to focus on anything he could. The pain continued to grow and grow, but even through the pain he could hear the sound of a gun being cocked. Yoongi tried to look at the figure but couldn't see any details in the low lighting.

"Good night."

Yoongi then heard another gunshot.

--------------- END VISION ---------------

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi's eyes shot open in fear, his body quickly sitting up and holding onto his head as if to protect it from the impending gunshot he just heard. After a couple seconds of shaking in fear, he slowly opened his eyes to see everyone surrounding him with Taehyung being the closest. Taehyung had gently set his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, but Yonogi flinched it away.

"Wh-What happened?"

"You just fell on the ground, almost like you fainted. We thought you were poisoned too."

Yoongi could see the worry in Jungkook's eyes. He could only imagine what everyone was thinking, especially with Jin having just died from poison as well. He took a deep breath before standing up, still keeping his distance from Taehyung. Before they all could fill Yoongi in on what had happened while he was having his vision, all of their phones buzzed. Yoongi's head still ached slightly, but he knew the game must go on.

"Really? Another one?" Namjoon seemed to be in disbelief. He wanted this "game" to stop, but he knew that whoever planned this had much more for them to do.

"We better look. It'll only get worse if we don't." Yoongi's voice was emotionless, but everyone agreed with what he was saying. One of them could die right here if they refused to look at their phones. Yoongi went to grab for his when he was stopped by motion entering the dining room.

The staff came walking back into the room, almost as if coming from a meeting. They all crowded around the archway that went from the dining room into the kitchen. Yoongi's eyes first met Sana, the girl looking at him as if she had never talked to him before. Before anyone could speak up, Hyuna decided to speak first.

"We're here to be sure you read the next message. So, don't make us wait" Hyuna's voice was still sharp and cold, a dominating aura coming through her voice and into each of the boys.

"Fine."

All the boys looked at Yoongi as his voice pushed through the silence in the room. They were confused as to why Yoongi was so quick to agree to the staff. Even though the events of his vision still weighed heavily on his mind, Yoongi sighed before continuing.

"It's either we read it and have a chance of escaping, or we die here. Let's just read it." With that Yoongi grabbed his phone but didn't open the message, waiting to see if the other boys would follow him in his footsteps. He didn't want to waste any more time than they already had. Gradually, everyone else pulled out their phones.

Should I talk to Taehyung about that vision? I was dead. I was actually dead. And by a gun? Does this mean I died before? Yoongi, you don't even know that these visions are from the past. There's no proof. But ... if my visions are from the past ... was I shot? And that person I saw. Who were they?

"Yoongi."

Taehyung was looking at him, hand placed lightly on Yoongi's wrist to grab his attention. Yoongi quickly flinched after being dragged out of his thoughts. Taehyung quickly let go, not sure if his boyfriend was still on edge from before. While Yoongi was recuperating, Taehyung pointed his head towards Yoongi's phone, as if telling the older to read the text. Yoongi nodded before reading it.

FROM: 119-121-2518

It seems you've lost someone. How many will you lose before you get out of here? The next stage may be the determining factor. For this stage, you will all work together. Go to the basement. There, you will find a note that will explain Stage 3. Good luck players.

And one more thing. I suggest you figure out who the killer is and fast, or you all might end up dead.

Yoongi was done reading the text, becoming unsettled at the mention of the basement. Taehyung held Yoongi's hand gently, as if to let the older know that he was him every step of the way. Yoongi smiled, finding comfort in his boyfriend's touch. Before he could talk to Taehyung, Jimin's voice rang throughout the room.

"Can you all show us where this place is?"

"What place?" Woozi sounded so innocent and confused. His eyes were still focused on Jimin who had asked the question. Yoongi could tell that Woozi was being genuine, not sure what place Jimin was referencing.

"What do you mean where? You all are working with the killer, aren't you? You must know every step." Jungkook started to become frustrated, keeping Jimin behind him to keep the boy safe.

"We may be helping them, but it's more complicated than that." Sewoon leaned onto his one leg and crossed his arms.

"What do you mean more complicated?" Jimin was getting more confused by the second.

"Guys. Fighting them right now isn't going to help us. We need to get out of here fast, and I don't want to lose anyone else. Instead of fighting, let's move on."

Yoongi was trying to be the voice of reason, not wanting to waste time that could very well be precious to them for the next stage. Yoongi kept a hold of Taehyung's hand, afraid to let go. He smiled at him before looking back at the staff. Even though he wasn't sure if he was going to die in the next stage, he would do anything to be sure Taehyung was all right.

"The basement. Where's the basement?"

"I can show you."

They all looked towards the source of the voice, Hoseok finally looking at the others rather than at the floor. Everyone realized that Hoseok was in the basement for the last stage and also knew everything to be known about the house. If they were going to trust anyone to take them to the basement, it would be Hoseok.

"This way. Follow me."

Hoseok began walking out of the dining room and towards the basement door. Everyone began following him with caution, all keeping one eye on the staff. Yoongi discretely touched Taehyung's arm to get his attention, Taehyung turning his head slowly as if to not cause alarm among the staff.

"Everything's going to be okay." Yoongi whispered, trying to make Taehyung feel better.

Taehyung swallowed before moving out of the dining room and towards the door to the basement. Namjoon was hesitant to leave Jin's body but knew he couldn't stay by him forever. Once Hoseok reached the basement door, he abruptly stopped. He took a couple deep breaths before turning back to everyone else.

"Here it is."

"I'm heading down." It was Jimin, his determined voice breaking the silence that formed.

"Why so eager?" Yoongi raised his eyebrow, unsure of what had gotten into the younger.

"I'm tired of waiting. We should just get this over with." Jimin's voice seemed slightly cold, Jungkook deciding to slowly approach Jimin's side to try and calm him down. Jungkook put his hand on Jimin's shoulder to try and show support as well as calm the younger down. Jimin sighed before continuing. "I'm going."

With that, Jimin opened the door and walked down the stairs slowly. The lights were on, but it was still very dim. He reached the basement, everyone else filing downstairs and reaching the basement as well. Yoongi was the last one still at the top of the stairs, the staff giving him questioning looks.

This is it. I could die right here, right now. It's almost exactly like my vision. The door. The stairs. It's all too real.

The staff seemed to be getting impatient before Yoongi started his way down the stairs slowly, trying to overcome his fears. The staff stayed upstairs, knowing that they aren't supposed to go down. Once everyone was downstairs, Namjoon noticed a table towards the back of the basement. There were two jars on it with what seemed to be papers stuck inside them.

"Was that for the last stage?"

Even though the question was technically meant for the entire group, Namjoon looked directly at Hoseok. He nodded slowly, still unsure if it was safe to look Namjoon in the eyes. Hoseok slowly walked to the table, the others slowly following behind.

This looks exactly the same as my vision. I died in here. But think Yoongi, what was that vision trying to tell you? Was it really trying to warn me of my death? Was it telling me that I died here in the past? Or ... was it trying to tell me who the killer was?

At this point, Namjoon had ventured with Hoseok to inspect the table Hoseok had used for the previous stage. It wasn't long before Namjoon was trying to get everyone's attention, his loud voice echoing throughout the cement walls.

"Guys, over here! On the wall."

Everyone ran to Namjoon who was pointing at a note on the wall. They all looked at each other before Hoseok pulled it off the wall and started reading it aloud.

Hello players. It seems you've made it to Stage 3. Congrats. This next game will truly test your will to live. Trust your instincts, or you'll be the next one to die. In a couple seconds, one of the staff members will come down to help with Stage 3. In this basement, you'll see two chairs facing each other. Two of you will sit in the chairs and await instruction from the staff. Good luck.

All of the focus turns to the chairs in the room. All Yoongi could remember his vision, Taehyung and Jin sitting in them. Everyone looks around before Hoseok speaks up.

"I'll do it."

Everyone was shocked by the sudden response, not expecting anyone to offer to sit in the chairs. They all looked at Hoseok, not sure why he would offer to be part of this stage. Before anyone could question him, another voice rang out in the basement.

"Me too."

Everyone turned towards the voice, Jungkook stepping forward slightly. No one expected Jungkook to step up, especially since Jimin was still alive. Even Hoseok seemed shocked at the response.

"Someone needs to do it. And while I don't want to leave Jimin behind, I don't want us to fight either." Jimin was about to panic when Jungkook looked towards him. "If I die, I'll die knowing I protected you."

Jimin decided it was best to hug his boyfriend than fight him, putting his face in Jungkook's chest. After hearing his reason, the others nodded. Yoongi was still trying to figure out what his vision was trying to tell him, especially since it didn't seem that he was going to participate in this stage. Yoongi began to feel Taehyung rubbing small circles in his back, sensing that Yoongi was on edge. When Yoongi turned around to look in his eyes, Taehyung gave Yoongi a small kiss on the forehead.

By the time Yoongi looked back at everyone else, Hoseok and Jungkook had taken their places in the chairs in the center of the basement. It wasn't long until they all heard footsteps coming from the stairs. They all waited anxiously as the individual stepped very slowly, almost as if doing it on purpose to build tension. They waited for the figure to reach the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm here to direct you in Stage 3. I see you've chosen who would participate in this stage."

Hyuna looked as dominant as ever, not ready to waste any time. She looked over at the chairs, noticing Hoseok and Jungkook sitting in each chair. She smiled slightly before starting to walk over to them, her short heels clicking as she went.

"You four must stay back against the wall." Hyuna points to the wall behind the other four boys.

Yoongi, Namjoon, Jimin, and Taehyung all hesitantly walk to the wall, gently placing their backs against it. Yoongi was still trying to put the pieces of his vision together but walked with Taehyung not far behind. They could see Jungkook and Hoseok facing each other. They could hear Hyuna from where they were, waiting to see how this stage played out. Yoongi was surprised how neither Hoseok nor Jungkook looked even the slightest bit nervous.

"Here's how this is going to go. You guys will play rock, paper, scissors." Hyuna was speaking loud enough for everyone to hear. It was almost as if she was waiting for one of the two men to speak up, but both if them looked at her as if wishing her to continue.

"You both will play rock, paper, scissors. Once this happens, we're going to play a small game of Russian roulette. The winner of the game will have a gun put to their head. They will have the power to either take the bullet or send the bullet to the other player."

At this point, Yoongi noticed Jungkook starting to look nervous. Jungkook was finally starting to sense that he could die right here, but he was trying to keep a calm composure, especially since Jimin was still watching him from the side. When Yoongi looked at Hoseok, he seem to be nervous or bothered at all. It was as if the man was made of stone.

"You'll have one minute after winning rock, paper, scissors to decide whether we shoot you or the other player. Good luck." Hyuna sounded cold but gave Jungkook and Hoseok space to play the game.

Jimin had a calm exterior, but Yoongi could see that he was anxious deep down, not wanting Jungkook to die in this moment. Even though he acted tough, Yoongi knew deep down that Jimin ran with his emotions rather than his mind sometimes. Hoseok and Jungkook still hadn't moved much, making it much harder for Yoongi to read how they were feeling. Jungkook held his hand out in a fist, showing Hoseok he was ready to play.

Hoseok then held out his fist as well, steady and unwavering. No one could take their eyes off of the two. Yoongi slid his hand into Taehyung's, squeezing slightly as he watched the events unfold in front of him. The four of the men along the wall held their breath.

Within five seconds, they had a winner.

Jungkook held out paper, while Hoseok held out rock. Even though he won, Jungkook's stoic look began to falter, now realizing the decision he had to make.

It was in an instant that Hyuna started a stopwatch no one even noticed she had. She put the gun centimeters away from Jungkook's forehead and turned her head to face him. Jungkook's eyes became wide, his hands now starting to shake. His eyes quickly moved from Hyuna to Hoseok.

"You have one minute to decide." Once that was said, she faced Hoseok and stared into his eyes. Yoongi still had his back against the wall, following Hyuna's gaze.

He looks ... calm. I mean, his life is in Jungkook's hands, so the average person would be nervous, anxious. Why does he look so relaxed? And the gun ... is it the same one I heard in my vision? Is this the gun that killed me?

"30 seconds left."

Hyuna kept her gun steady, still pointed towards Jungkook. He was keeping a calm composure, but Yoongi could tell he was slowly unraveling from the pressure. Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Yoongi all stayed against the wall. Yoongi was trying to find a way to save both of them but wasn't coming up with anything that wouldn't put him or someone else at risk.

"15 seconds."

"Me."

Hyuna and Hoseok looked at Jungkook in shock, as if they weren't expecting him to say that word. Yoongi noticed that, since the stage started, it was the first time Hoseok had opened his eyes.

"What? Jungkook ..."

"No, Hoseok. It's me."

Yoongi could tell by the look in his eye that Jungkook wasn't budging from his decision. Yoongi looked at Taehyung who looked just as shocked as he did. Yoongi also looked to see Jimin in disbelief that his boyfriend decided to die. Yoongi could do nothing but watch Hyuna cock the gun.

"Kookie, please! You can't do this."

Jungkook was sitting in the chair that could see the men against the wall. He looked past Hoseok to see his boyfriend crying, tears now falling from Jimin's face. Jungkook started to cry as well, not wanting to leave Jimin in this way.

"I don't want to leave you, but I can't kill Hoseok. I can't kill anybody. I'm sorry."

Before Hoseok had time to try and talk Jungkook out of his decision, Hyuna pulled the trigger. It only took a second for Jungkook's body to hit the ground, Hoseok immediately getting out of his chair to rush towards him. Jimin left the wall quickly to rush towards his boyfriend, the room now filled with his screams.

Without thinking, Yoongi also rushed towards Jungkook, Taehyung not far behind. Jimin held onto Jungkook's head, searching for any sign of life. Hoseok was checking the man's wrist for any sign of a pulse. After Yoongi finally reached them, he paused. He had no idea what to do, never having people die right in front of him before.

"This ... this isn't what happened."

"What? Yoongi, what are you talking about?"

Namjoon was looking towards Yoongi, not sure what the older was getting at. Taehyung also looked at his boyfriend, barely hearing the words leave his lips. Yoongi went back through the last vision in his head, still positive that the dead body on the ground had been him.

It was me. It was definitely me. So, why didn't I die this stage? If these visions have been giving me correct information, why was this one wrong? Does this mean I died in the past? If so, does that mean I've played this game before? None of this makes sense.

"Yoongi, are you alright?"

At this point, Taehyung was holding his hand, something Yoongi hadn't even realized until he looked down to see their hands interlocked. Yoongi was still trying to process his thoughts, looking to Jimin who was laying his boyfriend back down on the ground, his eyes red and puffy. Hoseok didn't look in much better shape.

"You all need to move. Up the stairs. Now."

Everyone turned, including Yoongi, to see Hyuna pointing the gun at them as if she was threatening to shoot them. Jimin started shaking, but Yoongi was still stuck in his own head to truly recognize the threat on his life. Before Hyuna could threaten them again, Taehyung moved his hand into Yoongi's elbow, moving him towards the stairs. Taehyung was pulling slightly, Yoongi still dazed from trying to decipher the visions. Namjoon and Jimin were also moving towards the stairs that led out of the basement. Yoongi could see Hyuna place the gun on a table in the basement before following behind them.

The four of them were at the top of the stairs where they could no longer see the chair setup from the previous stage. It wasn't until they reached this section of the stairs that Taehyung had realized something important.

"Guys, where's Hoseok?"

It was in that moment that they all flinched at a gunshot. Namjoon was the first to descend a couple stairs to see where the two chairs were still set up in the middle of the basement. Yoongi pulled away from Taehyung to see what happened for himself.

He's ... he's dead. Hoseok's dead. Why him? Why not me? What was my vision trying to tell me?

Hoseok's body was lying still next to Jungkook's dead body, blood pouring out of his head. Yoongi hadn't seen any movement, knowing that Hoseok must be dead. Yoongi tried moving past Namjoon to get a closer look, not believing what had happened. Before he could get too far, Hyuna placed her body directly in front of him.

"Up the stairs. Now."

"But ..."

"I didn't stutter, did I? Move. Now."

Taehyung moved to grab Yoongi, not wanting to know what would happen if Yoongi didn't follow what Hyuna was asking of him. Yoongi was slightly frustrated but knew Taehyung was doing everything that was best for him. He made a mental note to thank him later. Once they all exited the basement, Hyuna closed the basement door and then leaned onto one leg, putting her right hand on her hip.

"Why are you just waiting there?" Namjoon was confused on the holdup, unsure of where to go from here.

"Just give it a second."

"What?" Namjoon was truly confused on what Hyuna was waiting for.

As if on cue, everyone's phones vibrated, sending dread through all of their spines. Yoongi was still trying to comprehend the fact that Hoseok was dead. He knew that he must have felt extremely guilty, but he never thought that he would go to such lengths so quickly.

I can't believe he would do that. Why would he choose to die like that when Jungkook gave him the chance to live, to be free? Why? Okay, Yoongi, think back to your vision. What did you see from the person holding the gun? Come on, think! Shoes! I saw shoes. But ... they definitely weren't Hyuna's shoes. They looked a lot like ... Hoseok's. But why would Hoseok have held a gun to my head in my vision? It doesn't make any ...

"I'm getting fucking tired of this." Yoongi was pulled out of his trance by Namjoon. Every text sent him falling back to reality rather than being stuck in his random visions. He tried to focus more on his surroundings to keep him in reality, calming himself down slightly. Yoongi looked at Taehyung, not wanting the other to be too worried. Taehyung smiled, happy that Yoongi was starting to act more like himself.

"Do we look at it?" Jimin looked around at the others before thinking of reaching for his phone.

"Do we have a choice?" While saying this, Yoongi was the first to grab his phone but didn't open the message. He looked up. "We do this together. Right?"

Everyone nodded followed by grabbing their own phones. Once everyone had their phone in their hand, they all opened the text message.

FROM: 119-121-2518

It seems you lost two more. Too bad. But there's more fun to be had. And together? Really? Don't fool yourselves. You all know this is a game of survival. One where you fend for yourselves. But you haven't figured out who I am yet? Maybe you should start thinking harder. It's only a matter of time. Go to the front door and await more instructions.

"What the hell?" Jimin seemed to be in utter disbelief, not sure if he was reading the text correctly. After looking up slightly, it seemed that everyone had the same face in place.

"How ... How did they know?" Namjoon seemed more horrified than anything, unsure of how this unknown person was getting information so quickly. He looked at everyone suspiciously before re-reading the text.

They all knew that Yoongi only mentioned them working together seconds ago. It started to make all of them think that the killer wasn't someone with them but rather someone following them throughout the house.

"This is freaking me out. Honestly." Jimin said it, but Taehyung was starting to fidget. Yoongi was sure he was the only one that noticed, since the older had moved closer to Taehyung to try and protect him.

I need to decipher that last vision. If it really was Hoseok holding the gun, was he going to kill me with it? But if he was the killer, he wouldn't have killed himself. Yeah, that wouldn't make any sense.

"Someone here is out to get us."

"Don't you think we know that?"

"Guys, calm down."

"Calm down? They know everything we're doing, everything we're saying."

"It doesn't matter how they know." It was Yoongi this time, trying to bring everyone's heads together. "Don't let them get to you. We need to stick together."

All of the fighting and loud voices from the other men ceased almost immediately. Everyone looked at Yoongi as if he was the leader they needed. Just when Taehyung was about to speak up, another voice rang out into the room.

"At least someone gets it. They're obviously trying to tear you all apart."

Every looked at the voice, its feminine qualities standing out in the sea of more masculine voices. Hyuna kept looking at her nails, not even giving the group of boys the time of day.

"And why would you want to help us?" Namjoon's voice came out more defensive than he would have liked. Hyuna only brought her eyes up to meet his for a moment before focusing again on her nails.

"I don't know. I'm kind of hoping at least one of you can make it out alive." Before anyone can get her to elaborate, she starts walking towards the front door of the house. Once she gets to the doorway of the dining room, she notices no one following her. "Are you all coming?"

Jimin was the first to move, looking back at the other guys. "We won't get anywhere if we just stand here." He then turns to follow Hyuna, Namjoon following behind. Hyuna, Jimin, and Namjoon begin leaving the room, causing Yoongi to look at Taehyung quickly.

"We shouldn't lose them. Come on."

Taehyung lightly grabs onto Yoongi's arm, causing the older to halt in his tracks. Yoongi could tell Taehyung wanted to say something but knew they shouldn't get too far away from the others. He looped his arms around Taehyung's head, his wrists lying on Taehyung's neck. Taehyung was startled slightly, Yoongi moving his boyfriend's head closer to his and closing the distance between their lips.

Taehyung's eyes closed on instinct, placing his hands lightly on Yoongi's hips. Just as he was going to press further in, Yoongi slowly detached their lips, placing their foreheads together.

"We gotta go. Come on."

Yoongi slid his hand into Taehyung's, pulling him slightly as he jogged in the direction where Hyuna left the room. Luckily, he could still see Hyuna, Namjoon, and Jimin before they turned another corner, quickly pulling Taehyung along while smiling. Even though they were in such a terrifying place under circumstances where either of them could die any second, Yoongi couldn't help but feel at peace with his boyfriend next to him every step of the way.

After catching up to the other three, all five of them were now at the front door. Hyuna was happy that none of them got lost but quickly lost interest in the people in front of her.

The buzz of everyone's phones seemed to stop time and put everyone on edge. Yoongi's smiles quickly faded as he pulled out his phone. He looked at the remaining three men, all of their eyes also on him. They all nodded together, choosing to open the text.

FROM: 119-121-2518

I feel like sending you all on an adventure for Stage 4. You all will go to different parts of the house, but this time, you won't have any staff with you. Once you reach your destination, you will need to find four numbers scattered around the room. Once you find them all, go to the living room where there will be three chests with locks. Enter the code into your chest to receive a "special" prize needed to get out of here: your car keys. Now you may be asking: How did you get our car keys? That's something to tell you at another time. Also, I will allow two people to pair up, since there are four of you and only three chests. But choose wisely. It's your only way for survival. The last person to return and unlock their chest will die. Hyuna will give you your destinations. Good luck players. I can't wait to see who wins.

They all looked at the text, no one having any reactions to them anymore. It was as if they were all desensitized to the feeling of dread that each text brought. Jimin, Namjoon, Taehyung, and Yoongi looked at each other to decide who should pair up. Namjoon looked deep in though, one hand pressed against his chin.

"Pairing up seems to be a blessing and a curse."

"How so?" Jimin was confused, not sure where Namjoon was going with this.

"On one hand, you can pair up with your partner and have their support throughout the stage. However, if you both come in last ..."

"Then you both die. Just like that."

Taehyung finished Namjoon's statement, also now realizing why choosing the pair was harder than it originally seemed. They all stood there in deep thought, looking at each other as if they were weighing their options.

"I can pair up with Nam ..."

"I'm pairing up with Taehyung."

While Jimin was surprised at being interrupted, he looked as if he didn't expect Yoongi to act any differently. Namjoon and Jimin smiled while Taehyung looked at Yoongi horrified.

"Yoongi, we can't pair up. Not this time."

Yoongi looked towards Taehyung to see the younger uneasy on his feet, a storm of emotions swarming through his eyes. Yoongi could sense Taehyung's uneasiness, a look of fear and concern on his face.

"Tae ..."

"I'm not pairing up with you. That's final."

Taehyung looked away from Yoongi and towards Namjoon and Jimin, as if pleading them to pair up. At first, Yoongi was sympathetic to Taehyung's feeling, but a feeling of anger started to creep up on him, waiting to be released.

"Why not?"

"Because I said so. Just drop it."

"No, tell me! What are you so afraid of?"

"Losing you, alright!"

At this point, Yoongi and Taehyung had gotten into each other's personal space. Taehyung had closed his eyes after his last statement, trying to calm himself down from the emotional high. Any anger that Yoongi had been harboring immediately diminished. Yoongi stared up at Taehyung who still had his eyes closed.

Taehyung had opened his eyes to Yoongi looking towards the floor, concern now showing on his face. He slowly approached Yoongi, wrapping his arm around the older's shoulder to cause Yoongi to face him. At this, Yoongi looked up and into Taehyung's eyes.

"I just don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you either. But ..."

"But?"

"I trust you. We can do this."

Taehyung smiled before kissing Yoongi's forehead. Yoongi could tell that something was going on with Taehyung, the younger seeming overly concerned. Living with Taehyung for many years allowed him to know the younger's behavior extremely well, and his boyfriend was acting odd. However, he decided that it was best to leave it alone for now. They had a whole other stage to worry about. Taehyung and Yoongi looked at each other, nodding before Taehyung spoke up.

"Yoongi and I will pair up."

Hyuna, Namjoon, and Jimin had taken a step back during Yoongi and Taehyung's argument, now coming back towards the center of the room. Now that everyone was in agreement, Hyuna spoke up, not wanting to waste any more time.

"I'll assign you your locations. Jimin will be looking in the basement. Namjoon will be looking in the kitchen. Taehyung and Yoongi will be looking in the bathroom on the first floor." Hyuna said this with little emotion, almost as if it was a chore.

Everyone seemed determined, ready to run for their lives. No one wanted to be the last one back to the living room. Taehyung and Yoongi looked at each other, nodding as if in agreement to give it their all.

"1." Jimin got into a running position facing the basement where they had all just come from. He didn't want to face Hoseok and Jungkook's dead bodies, but he knew he didn't have a choice.

"2." Namjoon was ready to head to the kitchen. The room was relatively close by, so he wasn't sure exactly what he would be facing there.

"3." Taehyung and Yoongi were already in position, facing the direction they assumed the bathroom to be. While they were both scared of coming in last, they both ran as fast as they could. Jimin and Namjoon were soon to follow in their respective directions.

Everyone had taken off as Hyuna stood in her position, watching them all run. Once they were all out of her sight, Hyuna began moving to the living room to stand by the chests and wait upon their arrival.

---------------------------------

It didn't take long for both Yoongi and Taehyung to reach the bathroom on the first floor, both panting slightly from the quick run. Yoongi held onto his knees to try and slow his breathing as Taehyung entered the bathroom.

"What are you doing here?"

Yoongi's eyes widened, not sure who Taehyung was talking to. According to the text, the staff shouldn't be helping them this stage. He slowly looked into the door to see Taehyung talking to the gardener, Sewoon if he remembered correctly.

"Nothing. Just ... watching." Sewoon kept looking at Taehyung, seeing Yoongi entering his view moments later. Sewoon walked towards the exit of the bathroom, Taehyung following his every move. Yoongi was also sure to not let his eyes off of him for even a second.

"I'll leave you two to it. Good luck."

Sewoon left towards the living room where Hyuna and the chests would be. After the gardener was a decent distance away, Yoongi sighed before joining Taehyung in the bathroom. What both of them found shocked them slightly.

"This bathroom is so clean. I was expecting it to be a mess, especially if they wanted us to take a long time before getting back."

Yoongi wasn't sure why the room was so clean. He kept trying to see if he was going to get a headache, a vision. After not feeling anything for a couple seconds, he decided to give up and join Taehyung who looked like he found something. After closer inspection, he could see a note on the sink counter. The sight of a note made both of them freeze in their tracks.

Taehyung approached the sink slowly, scared of what the note would read. He tried staying calm, but his palms started to get sweaty. Yoongi could imagine that Taehyung was scared, but he wasn't sure why his boyfriend was this nervous. Once Taehyung reached the sink, he closed his eyes. He took another deep breath.

What Taehyung saw on the note gave him a sigh of relief but also scared him. After not seeing much of a reaction from Taehyung, Yoongi walked up behind his boyfriend, reading the note over his shoulder.

Hello Taehyung and Yoongi, saying you've both made it this far. I've decided to make this very easy for you both. I don't know why, but take this help as a gift. I bet you're wondering who I am, but that unfortunately must stay a secret. For now, let me tell you that your numbers are 4-5-1-4 in that order. Now, run back to the chests and finish this stage. I have a feeling it's going to end with a surprising bang. Good luck making it out alive.

~~ Killer

"They just gave us a freebie. That seems ... suspicious to say the least."

Yoongi was waiting for a headache at this point, trying to see if a vision could help him decipher the situation further. However, what surprised him more was what he thought he heard Taehyung mutter.

"What did you say, Tae?"

Yoongi was trying to keep his tone light, but if what he heard was right, he was starting to become concerned. He started stepping away from Taehyung slightly, taking more steps the longer Taehyung didn't answer him.

"Yoongi, are you okay? You looked scared. I didn't say anything of significance. We should head back to the living room before we stay here too long."

"What did you say?"

Yoongi was looking directly into Taehyung's eyes, causing the younger boy to freeze. Yoongi's tone became more serious, each word separated slightly to emphasize Yoongi's concern. Taehyung stayed silent, causing Yoongi to speak up again.

"'What is he up to?' I heard you say it, Tae. Don't even try to lie to me."

Taehyung's mouth dropped slightly, not sure how to react to the accusation. Yoongi could see the wheels in Taehyung's head turning, questions immediately filling Yoongi's head. Before he could so anything, Taehyung was trying to approach Yoongi, but the older kept taking steps back towards the hallway.

"Yoongi ..."

"What did you mean? Have you been working with the killer this whole time? Do you know who the killer is?" Yoongi was getting heated, taking a deep breath before coming to a realization. "Or are you the killer."

"Yoongi, please let me ..."

"I don't trust you."

Yoongi quickly exited the bathroom before heading to the living room. He could hear footsteps behind him, but he didn't look back. He could hear Taehyung calling his name, but the last thing he wanted to do was talk to Taehyung. He needed to sort out his thoughts first, not wanting his love for the younger to get in the way.

After reaching the living room, he didn't see Hyuna at all, which he found strange. He did notice that he was the only person in the room, wondering how Jimin and Namjoon were doing. After a couple seconds, Taehyung joined Yoongi in the living room, now out of breath.

"Yoongi, please ... let me explain."

Yoongi ignored his boyfriend, going up to the first chest and entering the combination they were given. The chest opened easily, a keychain with car keys on it that weren't theirs. Yoongi was too exhausted to think much about the situation, Taehyung's voice still loud in the room.

"Yoongi!"

"And why should I, huh? You've seemed a little odd this entire time, and I pinned it up to nerves. But ... you were hiding this? Just ... just tell me that you're not even a little bit behind this mess."

The room remained silent, Yoongi moving his gaze from the floor to Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung eyes were filled with tears that threatened to fall at the next accusation Yoongi would throw his way. The last thing Yoongi wanted to do was making his boyfriend cry, but he needed answers, feeling as if his entire world was falling apart.

"Tell me you're not a part of this!"

"I'm not! Okay?"

"Why ... Why don't I believe you?"

Before Taehyung could say anything back, they could both hear footsteps approaching the room. Throughout all this chaos, Yoongi had forgotten that there were only two people left, Jimin and Namjoon. One of them was going to have to come in last. He kept his attention on the footsteps, waiting for the figure to enter the room.

"You're both here already?"

Jimin looked absolutely exhausted, hands gripping his knees as he took deep breaths. He approached the chest marked with a two. After trying a couple combinations of the numbers he found, the chest opened only to find a set of car keys that weren't his.

"These aren't mine."

"I'm assuming these are."

Taehyung held up a set of keys that Yoongi had completely forgotten that they'd obtained. After closer inspection, Yoongi could tell that the keys in Jimin's hands were his. After trading keys, they all heard footsteps coming closer. Yoongi assumed the person would be Namjoon. Before the man could enter the room, Jimin spoke up.

"What happened between you two?"

"What do you mean?" Yoongi was trying to act oblivious.

"You're both so distant now. Did something happen?"

Before Yoongi could answer, Namjoon ran into the room, devastated when seeing everyone else in the room. Yoongi's angry expression from his and Taehyung's fight quickly dissolved at seeing the man enter the room. He could only imagine what was going on in Namjoon's head at that moment.

Poor guy. We don't even know what's going to happen, but coming in last can't be good. Wait. Why haven't I had a vision yet? Honestly, it might be a good thing that I haven't had one in while. Those things are painful. But ... I still haven't figured out what they're trying to tell me.

"I still need to enter my numbers." Namjoon seemed terrified at the thought of opening his chest, but he knew that this was the only way to continue the game.

Taehyung moved back to Yoongi, standing behind him. Yoongi moved closer to Jimin, still not sure if he could trust his boyfriend. Jimin leaned against the wall, looking at Namjoon to see what was going to happen.

Namjoon entered the four-digit code, taking a deep breath before opening the lock. Once the lock was opened, Namjoon stood in front of the box, hands on the side but not wanting to open it. Namjoon looked concerned but knew there was nothing he could do.

Just as Namjoon opened the chest fully, a gunshot was fired straight into his head.

The room became silent, everyone stunned from the sudden events. At first, no one knew where the shot came from, covering their heads. Taehyung had thrown his body over Yoongi, not wanting him to get hurt. Yoongi hadn't realized what Taehyung did until he opened his eyes slowly, worried that the younger got hurt.

A loud thump was heard hitting the ground, causing everyone to look towards the noise. Everyone's mouths opened in shock, no noise coming out. Jimin quickly ran to where Namjoon lay lifeless on the floor.

"Namjoon? Namjoon!"

Yoongi got out from under Taehyung's body, joining Jimin in assessing the situation. Taehyung was slow to join them, causing Yoongi to become slightly more suspicious. But after remembering what Taehyung had been through with him, e couldn't blame the younger for not wanting to be around dead bodies.

"He's dead." The boys stepped away from the body after shutting Namjoon's eyes, trying to give him some sense of peace.

"Well, we have the car keys, right?" Yoongi was trying to think of what they had and what they could do. "But all of the doors that lead outside are locked. So, we can't get out yet."

Everyone seemed to nod at what he was saying. They all knew they had to make a battle plan and fast before the killer could come up with any smart ideas. However, Yoongi was debating whether the killer was right next to him right now. He also was trying to determine if he should tell Jimin about what happened but decided against it.

"So, we have to try and find the house key? At least the one to the front door, right?" Jimin was thinking slowly, trying to figure out the best way to get everyone out alive.

"We might have a chance to escape then." Taehyung looked up, nodding his head at the plan that was forming. He looked up to see determination in everyone else's eyes. However, when he looked in Yoongi's eyes, he saw mixed emotions.

"Are we ready?" It was Jimin, putting his right hand in the middle of the circle that the boys unconsciously formed. He looked up to see the other boys slightly confused.

Yoongi quickly put his left hand in the middle, Taehyung soon to follow. "Ready." He looked at Taehyung, giving him a small smile to try and comfort him. Even though he wasn't sure what was going on, the last thing he wanted to do was push his boyfriend away entirely. He just needed time to figure things out.

Just as all their hands reached the middle, the vibration from their phones struck fear into all of them. They all paused, each looking at their respective phones. Yoongi gulped slightly as he took his hand out of the middle to reach for his phone.

"You're just going to read it so casually?" Jimin seemed shocked at the action.

"We don't have a choice. And I want to get out of here. All we need is the house key." Yoongi seemed quiet yet strong, trying to state his opinion while not butting heads with anyone else.

Jimin then moved to grab his phone as well. "You're right. Let's go."

Taehyung then reached for his phone shortly after, gripping it tightly in his sweaty palms. When they all opened their phones, they read the text silently.

FROM: 119-121-2518

I see one of you finished last. Well, at least I put them out of their misery quickly. But I'm afraid most of you will meet a similar fate soon enough. One more thing before I go. The staff. I'd run from them if I were you. They're out for blood, and they'll kill all of you if you don't hurry. Split into two groups: one person by themself and a pair. One group go to the indoor greenhouse on the first floor, and the other go to the attic. You'll see a note there for your next instructions. Now I'd hurry. Time's running out. Welcome to Stage 5.

Just as they all had finished reading the text, they looked up at each other. Before they could even talk about the text, a gunshot came through the welcoming room, hitting somebody's coat on the rack and causing a small explosion of coat pieces. All of the boys ducked instinctively and looked towards where the gunshot came from.

In the lobby area about thirty feet away, some of the staff stood in a line with various weapons at their disposal. Sana held a black metal baseball bat, Sewoon held the gun that was smoking slightly after just being fired, and Minghao held a large kitchen knife in one hand and a large butcher knife in the other.

The staff members slowly approached them, causing the remaining men to run towards the dining room. The staff didn't chase after them but continued to walk towards the dining room at a slower pace. Once the three men arrived at the dining room, they stopped to take a quick rest.

They all had their hand on their knees, panting loudly at the sudden burst of energy drained. This was the one time Yoongi was hoping a vision wouldn't come, knowing that he'd be killed or get the others killed from not being able to move. They all could hear footsteps slowly approaching, as if the staff were taunting them.

"What the hell was that?" Yoongi didn't know what was going through the staff's head, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Looks like they're after us." Jimin was still trying to catch his breath. "And they're still on their way. "

"We need to split into groups." Taehyung was slightly exhausted but tried to push it aside to survive.

"I'll pair up with Jimin."

Yoongi didn't look at Taehyung when he said it, but after looking into Taehyung's eyes, he could see hurt and betrayal behind him. Even Jimin was confused on why Yoongi wanted to be paired with him rather than his own boyfriend. Yoongi looked back at the ground.

"Yoongi, are you sure you don't want to go with Tae-"

"Yes."

Jimin decided not to press any further, obviously seeing that there was tension between the two. They all knew that they didn't have time to argue, the staff approaching them quickly. Yoongi couldn't look into Taehyung's eyes, afraid that he'd give in if he did.

"Fine." Taehyung let out a sigh, knowing they didn't have much time left.

"Then let's split. Yoongi and I will take the attic. Taehyung, you take the greenhouse. Sound good?"

After everyone nodded in agreement, they all moved to their new destinations. Yoongi and Jimin slipped by the staff through a room that connected the kitchen to the lobby by the stairs. Taehyung went the same direction but moved across the lobby to look in that area, since it was one of the only places on the first floor they haven't been.

"Good luck, Tae."

Yoongi said the words under his breath, hoping that the other would get out alive. Even though he wasn't sure if Taehyung was in on this whole scheme or not, he still cared for him.

Yoongi and Jimin were on the second floor, looking for the stairs to the attic. They both knew they didn't have much time, but Yoongi became distracted while thinking of his boyfriend.

Maybe I should have gone with him. How could you leave him behind like that? Even if his is somehow tangled in this mess, there must be a reason. You should have at least heard him out. What if he dies? Can you live with yourself?

"Where is it?"

Yoongi was brought out of his thoughts by Jimin, both of them still struggling to find the entrance to the attic. Yoongi started to wonder if Taehyung was having just as difficult of a time finding the greenhouse. While thinking about Taehyung, Yoongi leaned against what he thought was a closed door.

The door was slightly ajar, causing Yoongi to fall straight into the room. Jimin quickly ran to the older, making sure he was okay. Yoongi quickly got up, dusting himself off through his embarrassment. After a couple seconds, both Jimin and Yoongi looked around.

It was a bedroom with a large bed in the center. White bed sheets made the bed seem bright in the dark. There was also a small desk with the chair pulled out slightly. The curtains on the window in the room were fully closed, the black outside signifying that it was still nighttime.

Jimin quickly turned back to the door, locking it. Yoongi looked at the younger boy suspiciously, not sure why he was locking the door. After seeing Yoongi's confused expression, Jimin decided to speak up.

"If the staff are still after us, this will at least hold them off for a bit."

Yoongi nodded, now understanding Jimin's reasoning. After looking around for a couple seconds, Yoongi noticed a door that looked to be the entrance to a closet. Jimin was still inspecting the walls and ceiling as Yoongi entered the closet. He quickly spotted a string hanging from the ceiling, pulling on it to reveal a ladder leading to the attic.

Yoongi was about to shout at Jimin when he heard it. Footsteps. And by Jimin's reaction, he heard it too. Jimin quickly grabbed a chair, placing it under the doorknob as a way to try and prevent someone from entering. Jimin and Yoongi then began heading up the ladder, not wanting to waste any more time.

After they both reached the top of the ladder, they sat back for a second, trying to catch their breaths. After a couple seconds, Jimin pulled the ladder up. Before he closed the latch, Yoongi came over and pulled the string up into the room they were in.

"Why are you putting the string up here?" Jimin seemed confused as Yoongi quickly closed the latch.

"Because if that staff member does get in the room somehow, they can't pull the latch open with the string. They're going to have to try a lot harder to get this attic door open."

Jimin smiles, glad to have Yoongi on his side. They both looked around the room, still trying to be quiet as they moved around the room. Just as Yoongi was moving things around, he swore he heard someone knocking on the bedroom door below them. He looked Jimin, getting his attention and putting his pointer fingers to his lips to signal Jimin to be quiet.

Yoongi looked around for anything he could use as a weapon in case the staff member got close to them. The attic was small, wooden floorboards covering the entire room. Some of the white paint on the walls was peeling off, and the room was lit up by a small lamp placed on a desk that Jimin had turned on when they got here. After a couple seconds, the knocking seemed to stop, causing Yoongi to release a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding.

"What do we do? There isn't much in here." Jimin was scoping out the room again, but all he saw was a desk, a lamp, and two chairs along with a bunch of random items.

"I don't know either." Yoongi was looking around until he noticed the lamp. "Wait. Is that a note under the lamp?"

Jimin ran over to the lamp, nodding his head as he took the envelope into his hands. He was about to open it when he paused and looked towards Yoongi. The older man nodded for Jimin to open it. He ripped the envelope open, taking out the note that was inside.

It seems you've made it to the attic. But you may have noticed someone is after you. You need to find a red envelope. That will tell you what to do next. Good luck.

~ 119-121-2518

Yoongi had joined up with Jimin now, reading the note at the same time. Yoongi was confused, not because of what the letter told them to do but of what was at the end of it.

"What's wrong?" Jimin looked at Yoongi, unsure of what was causing the older to pause.

"They signed it. The killer signed it." Yoongi was surprised to see the phone number that had texted all of them on the letter.

"What do you mean?" Jimin wasn't sure what Yoongi was trying to point out.

"They're telling us that they're behind everything." It was muttered by Yoongi, making it hard for Jimin to hear.

Jimin looked back at the note to see the numbers signed at the end of it. After a couple more seconds of thinking, Jimin connected the dots between the signature and the phone number that had been texting them all this entire night. Jimin looked back to Yoongi, horrified.

"They're behind the texts, the letters, everything. And ... they're letting us know it."

Both of the boys looked at each other, obvious that both of them were becoming more anxious by the second. Just as Jimin was about to speak up, a large slam was heard in the bedroom below. Yoongi looked at Jimin, trying to decipher what the noise was. It wasn't long before they heard a voice.

"Thought you could lock me out, huh? Bad choice, boys. Let me in."

Yoongi recognized that voice as the Sana's. By the sound of the incessant knocking and slamming of the bedroom door, it was obvious that she wasn't going to give up on getting inside. Yoongi looked to Jimin, the younger now looking around again to find the red envelope.

Jimin's right. We can't just stay in place like sitting ducks. We need to find the red envelope and find a way out. We can do this. But where could it be? Ugh, where's my vision when I need one. Wait ... I haven't had a vision in awhile. Does that mean that I was never in this room before? Or ... if I've played this game before ... did I never live this long?

Before Yoongi could dwell too long in his thoughts, a louder slam and throwing of a chair could be heard in the bedroom below. Both Yoongi and Jimin both knew that this meant Sana got inside the bedroom. It was now only time before she reached them.

Yoongi was now looking through all the random objects in the room. Jimin tried opening the desk, the old wood making it hard for him to pry it open. There was a slam from the latch on the door to the attic that shook him to his core, but he knew he needed to open the desk soon. Before he knew it, Yoongi was at the desk, helping Jimin open it. After a couple seconds, they both opened it together.

A red envelope sat in the middle of an otherwise empty desk, as if the only purpose of the desk was to hide what was inside. Jimin took the envelope, slamming the desk closed at the same time. Yoongi and Jimin stood next to the desk, both looking at the envelope. Before Jimin could open it, they heard another slam on the latch door and loud yells from Sana.

Jimin quickly ripped open the envelope, finding a letter inside. Yoongi got closer, reading the note at the same time as Jimin.

Run.

They both seemed confused at the note, only seeing one word that didn't look promising. Just as they finished processing the note, the latch door slammed open. Both men could hear someone climbing up the ladder, and they both knew what the note was trying to tell them.

Jimin and Yoongi looked around the attic, seeing if there was another way out. The window was permanently shut, and there were no other doors. Yoongi and Jimin met back around the desk when Sana finally finished climbing the ladder.

"So ... happy to see me?" Sana crossed her arms across her chest, a smile playing on her lips. Yoongi could tell she was out of breath but not ready to back down.

"Not particularly." Yoongi spoke, causing Sana's smile to fade quickly.

Sana then bent down back into the latch and pulled up a baseball bat.

"I'd run if I were you two." Sana ran towards Yoongi and Jimin, chasing them throughout the small attic.

Jimin was the first to reach the latch door, preparing to go down it until he stopped. Yoongi was trapped between Sana and the window, his hands in the air. Yoongi knew that this was it, just hoping that Taehyung would make it out of this place alive. Jimin knew that Yoongi wasn't going to make it, not unless he did what he knew he was set out to do.

Jimin stood back up and clapped his hands loudly, turning Sana's attention away from Yoongi. Yoongi then swipes Sana's legs, causing her to lose her balance and fall to the ground, the bat falling out of her grip. Meanwhile, Yoongi and Jimin both get back down the ladder and head to the bedroom door. They're about to open the door when they hear the cock of a gun. They both turn around slowly to see Sana, pointing the gun directly towards them.

"I tried doing this the easy way, but you two ... you two are smarter than you look. But the question is, which one isn't going to make it out alive?" Sana stepped closer and closer to the two men, Yoongi and Jimin pressing themselves against the bedroom door.

"Just kill me. Please."

Yoongi knew that Taehyung would upset at his decision, but he couldn't just sit here and watch another person die when he could do something about it. Even Jimin looked at him in disbelief, not sure why Yoongi was putting himself on the chopping block. Yoongi took one last look at Sana before closing his eyes, waiting for the gunshot to kill him.

This must be what my vision was alluding to, the gunshot that would kill me. But Sana ... she looked surprised. Why? I ... I never got to say goodbye to Tae. I never got to tell him how much I love him. I hope he knows how much I do.

Yoongi's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a gunshot. Yoongi waited for the pain and the feeling of blacking out, but it never came. He slowly opened his eyes to see Sana in front of him, the gun still pointed in his direction with a small amount of smoke leaving the gun. Suddenly, he heard a loud sound next to him.

He saw Jimin's body hit the ground quickly, the body now looking as if it were seizing. Yoongi quickly knelt down to Jimin, seeing the blood flowing out of his abdomen. Yoongi quickly took off the jacket they forgot they were wearing, tying it around his abdomen as a makeshift tourniquet. Yoongi could tell it was getting harder for Jimin to breath, panic setting in.

"What the hell! I said me! Me! Why did you shoot him?" Yoongi looked at Sana briefly, the girl looking as if she wasn't remorseful at all. Yoongi turned his attention back to Jimin, apply pressure to the wound in hopes of stopping the bleeding. "It's okay, Jimin. Take deep breaths. You're going to be fine."

Jimin's eyes began to flicker, a sign that he was about to lose consciousness. Yoongi pressed deeper onto the wound, Jimin now wincing in pain. Yoongi apologized, knowing that Jimin must be going through an extreme amount of pain. Jimin's breathing became even more ragged than before, Yoongi no longer sure what to do.

"You both were careless. You didn't read the note fully." Sana rolled her eyes as if the boy dying in front of her didn't bother her in the slightest.

"What do you mean? It just said 'Run.'"

"Did you ever think to flip it over?"

"Flip it over?"

Yoongi quickly grabbed the note from where it fell on the ground, flipping it over to see more writing. He read it quickly, a mix of emotions washing over him. He read the ma second time, not sure if he believed what he was reading.

Who will you choose to die? If you choose yourself, the staff will kill the other. If you choose the other person, the staff will kill you. Choose wisely.

"You killed him Yoongi, not me."

"No ... I ... I didn't ..."

Jimin was now unconscious, breathing slowing down by the second. Yoongi was partially happy that Jimin couldn't here the conversation going on, not wanting the younger to think he did this on purpose. Even so, the guilt quickly washed over the older, the fact that he killed Jimin slowly sinking in. Yoongi couldn't hold himself up anymore, his head lying against the wall. He kept pressure on Jimin's wound in case the boy could somehow survive.

"You're a killer."

Those three words caused Yoongi to look at Sana, tears now flowing down his cheeks. Even though he knew he wasn't the killer, this situation truly did make him feel like one. Yoongi wiped his tears away, relieving the pressure on Jimin's wound as he picked the younger up bridal style.

"Where do I go now?"

"Living room."

Sana was slightly shocked that Yoongi was bringing the dying boy with him, not sure what Yoongi was thinking. He quickly opened the door before walking out towards the stairs. While he was walking down them hurriedly but carefully as to not drop Jimin, he could hear the younger trying to speak up.

"Yoongi ... I'm going to die ... right?"

"No, Jimin. You're going to be fine. I just need to get you to the living room. Just keep breathing for me."

Yoongi reached the bottom of the stairs, quickly walking to the living room. He was stopped by the feeling of Jimin's hand clutching onto his shirt. Yoongi looked to see the younger staring at him, his breathing even more shallow than before.

"Yoongi ... let me ... go."

"No, I'm not doing that."

"Please ..."

Yoongi stopped in his tracks, battling with himself to either try and save Jimin or accept the boy's wishes. Guilt was still washing over him in waves, not sure if Jimin realizes that him not reading the note fully has led to his death. Yoongi could feel tears start to flow as he looked at Jimin deteriorating further. Jimin used the last of his strength to try and wipe Yoongi's tears.

"It's not ... your fault."

Yoongi's eyes became wide, ready to respond before he could no longer hear Jimin's breathing. He quickly stopped, laying Jimin's body on the ground while supporting his head and upper body. Yoongi was becoming frantic, trying to find a way to save the man in front of him.

"Jimin? Jimin! Please, answer me. Please. Jimin!"

Yoongi placed his ear at Jimin's nose and mouth to try and detect any sounds of breathing. After not finding any, he moved his pointer and middle finger to Jimin's wrist to try and find a pulse. After not finding one, Yoongi laid Jimin down on his back, ready to perform CPR.

"He's dead. You can't save him."

Yoongi looked up to see Sana leaning again the railing of the stairwell. Yoongi decided to ignore her, starting chest compression before wasting anymore time. If he was going to do anything else, he was going to try and save Jimin. After giving Jimin some breaths, he listened for any sign of life. After not seeing any, he continued compressions. He didn't even realize Sana walking up to him, kicking him away from Jimin.

"What the hell!"

"He's dead, Yoongi. Let him go."

"I need to try and save him."

"He's gone!"

Yoongi had never heard Sana raise her voice before, quickly looking at her to see a frustrated look. Tears were still flowing down his face, the guilt never leaving. Sana had now stepped between Yoongi's body and Jimin's. Yoongi slowly got to his feet, leaning to one side as if the guilt was weighing him down on one side.

"Go to the living room. Now."

"What will happen to Jimin?"

"I said, go."

After seeing the look in Sana's eyes, he knew there was no arguing with her. He looked at Jimin's body one more time before slowly walking away towards the living room. He occasionally looked back at the body, not wanting to believe that Jimin was really dead and that he was the cause of it. He eventually faced forward, entering the living room to see it empty.

It was then that he finally began to break down, his back against the wall as he slid down it. He continued to cry, no longer minding the blood that still soiled his hands. He brought his knees up to his chest, crying into his knees. After another minute or so, he remembered Taehyung.

Taehyung. Did he make it out? Or ... am I the only one left? Did everyone else die? No. No, I can't be the only one left in this hell. I can't be ...

After another minute or so of crying, Yoongi was brought out of his thoughts by a hand caressing his jaw and bringing his head to meet the person's eyes. Yoongi wouldn't have believed it of he didn't reach out to the man, his fist holding onto the man's clothes.

"T-Tae?"

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm here."

Yoongi jumped into the man's embrace, crying harder than he had up to this point. Yoongi was happy that at least his boyfriend was still alive, but he couldn't get rid of the guilt of killing Jimin, even if it was by accident.

"I'm ... I'm sorry I was mad at you before. I love you. I love you so much."

"I love you too."

They both stayed like that, Yoongi holding onto Taehyung for dear life and Taehyung embracing his boyfriend tightly. Taehyung had no idea what Yoongi had been through, but after not seeing Jimin around, he could only imagine. Yoongi was the first to hear footsteps approaching the room, his head springing up to look around. It was then that he saw Sana and Minghao at the other end of the room, both of them still holding their respective weapons.

"What are you both doing here?" Taehyung put his body in between Yoongi's and the staffs'.

"We're here to start the next stage."

"The next stage?" Yoongi couldn't believe there was more, using Taehyung's support to stand up with him.

"For this stage, you guys will be competing with each other. Whoever wins gets the house key. Whoever loses dies." Sana let the last word hang, knowing that the two boys must be feeling the pressure.

"What?!" Yoongi almost sounded hysterical, not wanting to believe that they couldn't get out together. Especially after the last stage, the last thing he wanted to do was have Taehyung die in front of him.

"Hey, Yoongi. Look at me." Taehyung put both his hands on Yoongi's cheeks, moving Yoongi's head to look at him. "Fight. Fight to live. If I die, then at least I know you're safe." Taehyung started tearing up again. "And whatever happens, I love you. I've always loved you."

Taehyung smiled slightly, tears now flowing down his cheeks. Taehyung hugged Yoongi one last time, squeezing the life out of him. They both knew this was most likely their last goodbye.

Once they finished hugging, Minghao spoke up.

"Follow me."

Sana and Minghao left the living room from where they entered. Taehyung looked at Yoongi, unsure of what was going to happen. Yoongi wiped his tears, nodding to Taehyung before walking in the same direction as the two staff members. Taehyung was quick to catch up, not wanting to leave Yoongi alone.

After walking for a couple minutes, the four of them were brought to a large empty room. Yoongi thought that it was quite large compared to the attic he came from earlier. Yoongi and Taehyung looked around, trying to let everything sink in.

Within this room, they saw what looked like three stages. Yoongi could tell that getting both him and Taehyung out alive was not going to be as easy as he had hoped. Before they could look too long, Sana coughed to get everyone's attention.

"Welcome to the last stage: Stage 6." Sana outstretched her hand to point to the room and everything filled within it. "Here, you guys will play three games. Whoever beats the third game first and rings the bell at the end wins. The other dies."

Sana pointed to a bell that was strung to a small pole. Taehyung looked at Yoongi, unsure of what to think about the whole situation. Yoongi looked terrified not wanting either of them to die. He was doing everything he could to think of some sort of loophole.

"The first game is simple. There are sandboxes filled with about 20 keys, but only three of them open the three locks to open your respective box." Minghao pointed to a long wooden box with three locks on it.

"Once you unlock the box, you will receive an axe. Using the axe, you will have to break through four consecutive wooden walls." Sana pointed out the large wooden walls, one right after the other.

"Finally, at the end you will solve a puzzle. Similar to Tetris, you will have to place the pieces inside the puzzle. Just so you know, there's only one way to solve it. The pieces for the puzzle are in the bag that is attached to the stand where you will solve it."

Sana and Minghao looked at each, smiling as if this was some type of entertainment. Meanwhile, Taehyung and Yoongi were just trying to take everything in, Yoongi subconsciously holding onto Taehyung's hand as if it may be his last chance to do so.

I'm already exhausted. How am I going to finish this stage? Should I even finish it? If I finish it, Tae dies. I ... I can't watch him die in front of me. Then ... there's only one thing I can do. But can I do it?

Yoongi looked at Taehyung, seeing that his boyfriend wasn't any better off. He was still trying to think of a loophole that could get him and Taehyung out alive. Nothing was coming to mind, causing Yoongi to panic slightly as he tried to think.

Before Yoongi could think of anything, Sana and Minghao started walking towards the sandboxes. Yoongi started wondering how long this stage had been set up. It's not like something like this could be set up in a couple hours, especially when the staff have been with them or chasing them the entire night. Yoongi was trying to piece everything together, but he couldn't come up with an answer.

They were both then directed towards their respective sandboxes. Yoongi took a deep breath as he moved towards his own. He decided on what he was going to do, but he wasn't sure if he would be successful or not. Once Taehyung and Yoongi had each reached their respective sand box, Yoongi looked at Taehyung, smiling.

"Hey, Tae." Taehyung looked up and over at Yoongi, a worried expression on his face. "Good luck. I love you."

Yoongi could see tears forming in Taehyung's eyes as he nodded. He quickly wiped them away before whispering an "I love you" back to him. They were both lost in each other knowing this may be the last time they see each other alive. Before they knew it, Sana was speaking up.

"Are you both ready?" Sana seemed nervous herself, unsure of who would come out on top.

"I guess." Taehyung was still scared

"As ready as I'll ever be." Yoongi started to try and focus on his plan.

"Go!" Minghao's voice was loud, even in the large room.

Yoongi could see Taehyung lunge into his sand box, moving around quickly to find the keys. Yoongi watched him for a couple seconds before Taehyung looked up at him, confused as to why he hadn't moved to the sandbox yet.

"Yoongi, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry."

It was then that Yoongi ran towards Sana and Minghao, pulling out a pair of scissors he had found in the attic. He knew this plan was going to fail, since both Sana and Minghao had much better weapons at their disposal. Even so, he wasn't going to go down without a fight, and even if he did die, it meant Taehyung was safe.

Yoongi lunged towards Minghao, the man barely dodging. He didn't have enough time to pull out the knives he was carrying before Yoongi took another swing. It was then that he heard the cock of a gun.

"Stop, or I'll shoot."

Yoongi had Minghao backed into a wall, the man having his arms up with no way to reach his knives. Yoongi could hear Taehyung running towards him, the adrenaline now running through Yoongi's body.

"Yoongi, please don't!"

Yoongi took a deep breath before swing his arm back in a large motion, almost as if proving to Sana that he was ready and willing to stab Minghao with the scissors. A tear fell down his cheek as he knew that this was it.

A shot was fired.

Yoongi was shot in the head.

----------------------------------

A/N

So, attempt #4 to save Yoongi was a fail. There's only one attempt left! Can Taehyung save his boyfriend before it's too late?

Thank you all for sticking with me throughout these long chapters. I know it must be a lot to read, but I hope they're somewhat entertaining for you. As always love you all to pieces, and let me know what you thought of the chapter! Thanks again! =^_^=

PS: I started posting one of my other stories called The Mysterious Boy! Chapter 1 is out now and will focus on Jikook with appearances from Sope, Namjin, and one-sided Taekook. I hope you all like it! =^_^=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.1K 102
KillerBunny has sent you a friend request -/- Short Chaptered Story • Jeon Jungkook 2 part series
423K 35.4K 162
•|BTS × Reader|• [COMPLETED] [UNEDITED] PLEASE READ BOOK 1 FIRST!!!!! Published: 17/03/20 Word count: 100,000+ Chapter count: 135
52 9 16
A collection of random chapters of stories not started or of stories not finished. A place to see what readers think.
3.5K 103 30
[Sequel to The Cannibal] [ COMPLETED] what happens when yoongi finally finds out who killed his family, along with the Jeon's. and it ends up being s...