The Spartans on Remnant (Halo...

By SpartanJ114

Two UNSC Spartans have crash landed on an unknown planet outside UNSC space onboard the wreck of the UNSC Win... More

Authors notes
Main Character General Background
Spartan 114's Armor and Weapons
Spartan144's Armor and Weapons
UNSC Winters Edge
Chapter 1 - The fall of Reach
Chapter 2 - Awakening
Chapter 3 - Beacon academy
Chapter 5 - Initiation
Chapter 6 - making friends
Chapter 7 - Settled in
Chapter 8 - Dinner with Weiss
Chapter 9 - Newcomers to Vale
Chapter 10 - Searching for Blake
Chapter 11 - The day before classes
Chapter 12 - Investigations
Chapter 13 - Extracurricular
Chapter 14 - Dancing Spartans
Chapter 15 - Choosing a Mission
Chapter 16 - Boots on the Ground
Chapter 17 - The Vale Skirmish
Change logs
More change logs

Chapter 4 - Touring the Campus

3K 39 43
By SpartanJ114

Jack:
"you want us to attend your school?"

Ozpin:
"well of course, I think you will make a fine addition to beacon academy and it doesn't seem like you will be able to leave remnant anytime soon"

Jack:
"you make a valid point, there's no way the Winters Edge will fly again so we are definitely not leaving, what do you think Emmitt?"

Emmitt:
"I say why the hell not, it's not like we have anything better to do while we're stranded here"

Jack:
"that settles it then, we would be honored to attend your prestigious academy"

Ozpin:
"Exelent, I will notify all teachers on campus today, tomorrow you will go through the Initiation, here are you're scrolls and the key to your dorm room it will be the empty room one across from Team RWBY and one door down, I'll also have uniforms sent to your dorm room shortly"

I examined the device called a scroll that ozpin had given us, after scanning it I uploaded the data into my tactical UGPS and incorporated the scroll into it giving me all of the features of the device directly on my armored forearm.

Ozpin:
"we will speak again tomorrow at the cliff to which Team RWBY will show you the way. Until then I leave you in the capable hands of team RWBY they can show you around campus and to your dorms"

Right after leaving Ozpin's office Ruby sprung to life with excitement

Ruby:
"this is gonna be so much fun! Weiss and I will take Jack and Yang and Blake can take Emmitt, let's meet back at the dorms in an hour.

Yang:
"sounds like fun, come on "Metal Man" let's go

Emmitt:
"don't call me that, I hate nicknames"

Yang:
"ease up already or I'll start calling ya grouchy tin-pants"

Emmitt:
#sigh# "please no"

After I watch Emmitt, Yang and Blake walk off into the distance I turn to Ruby and Weiss, and ruby immediately reruns to a ball of excitement and begins bombarding me with questions about my weapons and gear

Ruby:
"what do you're weapons do? can I see them?  How strong are you? How far do you think you could throw me? What's that thing on your arm?  What's in the pouches? How do you use the bathroom in the suit? Can you breathe in space?"

Jack:
"Woah Woah Woah, one question at a time Geez, you lost me there"

Weiss:
"Ruby you dunce"

Ruby:
"I'm sorry, it's just I'm kinda obsessed with weapons"

Jack:
"then you'd get along great with Emmitt, he lives and breathes weaponry"

Weiss:
"I know, let's go down to the practice range then you can show Ruby all of your gear in a safe environment"

Ruby:
"Yessssss, great idea Weiss, let's GOOOOOOO!!!

Without any warning Ruby burst into a ball of rose petals and zooms off into the distance catching me completely off guard.

Jack:
"Woah, what the hell was that!?!?"

Weiss:
"that was Ruby's semblance you dolt"

Jack:
(obviously confused) what is a semb-lance?

Weiss:
"oh, right, I forgot you know nothing about this world, a Semblance is a Unique and more tangible projection of one's Aura, it differs from person to person.

Jack:
"I see and what exactly is an Aura?"

Weiss:
"an Aura the manifestation of one's soul in and can be used for a wide range of abilities, it's allot like your Energy shield, it protects us from incoming attacks, but it can also heal wounds" both aura and semblance  require immense training and willpower"

Jack:
"I see, it sounds similar to the personal energy shielding technology that my Mjolnir armor possesses"

Weiss:
"Energy shielding?"

Jack:
"Of course, all Mark Five and above Generations of Mjolnir armor have built in energy shield technology, it was reverse engineered from covenant technology. I'll show you how it works, here touch my armor"

Weiss:
"O-okay.."

Jack pov
Weiss put her hand against my chest plate, the shielding didn't react to her touch.

Weiss:
"I don't understand, nothing is happening"

Jack:
"the armor can detect that the incoming impact is not capable of damaging the armor and so the armor allowed your hand bypass the shielding and make contact with the armor plating directly, try using something with more force, like maybe by using that rapier you have there"

Weiss:
"you want me to.. Strike at you?"

Jack:
"you wanted to see the energy shielding technology right?"

Weiss:
"Well yes, o-of course, I'm just not sure about attacking you, what if I hurt you"

Jack:
"trust me"

Weiss:
"okay, but if you get hurt it's not my fault, okay?"

Jack:
"I'll be fine"

Weiss draws her sword and the first thing I notice is that just like myself she is left handed. Weiss raises her rapier and strikes at me, my energy shields glow a bright gold in reaction to the attack for a few seconds before becoming invisible once more.

Weiss:
"Woah, that was like nothing I've seen before"

Jack:
"that energy shielding has saved my armor from damage thousands of times, but I haven't always had such a luxury, my first armor, the Mark IV didn't possess shielding technology so the only thing protecting me was the armor plating itself, needless to say that particular armor has more dents, scars and scratches than you might think"

Weiss:
"your armor is very impressive, we should probably catch up with Ruby at the practice range"

Jack:
"sounds good, lead the way"

As I follow Weiss to the practice range I can't help but look back to her weapon holstered on her waist, it is clearly a sword in the style of a rapier, but it had a cylinder inside it like one found on old western revolvers, maybe I'll ask her to show me in full detail at the practice range.

Ruby:
"ughhhhhh, seriously what took you two sooo long?"

Jack:
After seeing you turn into rose petals I had questions, and Weiss explained Aura and Semblances to me and I showed her my energy shielding technology in return"

Ruby:
"wait, you got to check out cool combat tech already... Without me!?"

Weiss:
"Oh you'll live, besides I'm sure Jack would be more than happy to show you his gear"

Ruby:
"enough talk, it's weapons time!"

I removed my helmet for the second time, this seemed to catch Weiss's attention for some reason. I then began explaining my loadout starting with my DMR

Jack:
"this is the UNSC Standard issue M392 Designated Marksman Rifle, or DMR for short is a bullpup rifle with a 3x optic and takes magazines with 15 M118 Full Metal Jacket Armor-Piercing rounds"

I then fired the DMR at the farthest targets perfectly nailing all of them with deadly accuracy until the ammo counter read 00

Jack:
"next up is the UNSC M90 shotgun is a pump action tactical shotgun with 12 shell magazine capacity, it takes Soellkraft 8 gauge magnum shells"

I loaded the M90 with the 6 shells located on my left forearm and fired 6 shells off towards the targets peppering them all with buckshot

Jack:
"on my lower back we have my Dual UNSC M7 Caseless Submachine guns, these little beauties take 5x23mm M443 Caseless Full Metal Jacket rounds each magazine has 60 rounds, they also feature a foldable foregrip and collapsable stock which helps when I holster them on my lower back, they also have optional upgrades like a suppressor and 2x reflex sight but personally I don't bother as the suppressor adds way to much length and the reflex optic is useless because I dual wield"

I loaded a magazine into one of my SMG's and fired half a magazine at full auto and the other half in controlled bursts

Jack:
"And as for my sidearm I use the M6G Magnum, this pistol uses 12.7×40mm M225 Semi-Armor Piercing, High Explosive rounds, these little beauties pack a major punch.

I cocked back the Magnum's slide and fired at the targets tearing them to pieces with each shot.

Jack:
"and lastly my most unique weapon, the Type 1 covenant energy sword"

I activated the energy sword with a loud "hiss" as the gas is released to form the twin plasma blades

Jack:
"the energy sword is a covenant weapon, the blades are made up of plasma which is contained in a magnetic field, the sound you heard was the gas being released, heated and captured by the magnetic field"

Ruby:
"woahhhhhhh!  So coollllll"

Weiss:
"That is quite impressive"

Ruby:
"can I hold it?"

Jack:
"I don't see why not, but be careful, the blades are extremely dangerous and can cut through most objects with little to no effort"

After teaching Ruby how to turn on and wield the sword she begins slashing through practice dummies, during this time I decided to talk to Weiss.

Jack:
"so Uh.. Weiss, do you think you could show me your weapon"

Weiss:
"oh, of course"

Weiss unsheathed her sword pointing it skyward before pointing it directly forward holding it with one hand

Weiss:
"this is myrtenaster, it is a multi-action dust Rapier, I designed it myself"

Jack:
"the design is incredible, it looks to be a combination between a 6 cylinder Revolver and a classic Rapier, remarkable"

Weiss:
"that is correct, and thank you, it took me a long time to come up with the perfect design"

Jack:
"I've actually experimented with weapon design myself, a few of them are in the prototype stage"

A hologram appears out of the palm of my hand displaying a highly modified version of the M45 Tactical Shotgun:

Jack:
"it's still just a theoretical design but Emmitt always talks about how much he wants a shotgun he can use with one hand so this is what I came up with"

Weiss:
"i-it looks amazing to me"

Weiss's face has gone red again, it's definitely not hot out here, so I don't understand. Ruby finishes slashing through all the training dummies and walks back over.

Ruby:
"woahhhhhhh, what's that??"

Jack:
"it's just a design I've been working on"
Ruby:
"it looks so cool! You should build it"

Jack:
"that was the plan before I crash landed here"

Ruby:
"Why let that stop you? Beacon has its own weapon workshop/forge, there are even classes on it"

Jack:
"really? I'll have to look into it, thanks"

Weiss:
"it's been almost an hour, we should probably start heading back towards the dorms"

Jack:
"sounds good, lead the way"

I follow Ruby and Weiss back to the dorms, allong the way they show me the various classrooms and the location of the cafeteria.

Weiss:
"this is our dorm so that would make yours that one over there"

Jack:
"thanks, now I wonder where Emmi-"

Yang:
"Awh man they made it back here before us"

Jack:
"having fun with your tour guides spartan?"

Emmitt:
"I enjoyed the tour, yes. But I have to say I could use some time with my boots up, I've been on my feet since we crash landed and woke up and that wasn't even restful, painful is the way I'd describe it"

Jack:
"agreed, we should probably rendezvous with Alea, we left her in the pelican Alone almost an 2 hours ago, and you know how she gets when she's left with nothing but her thoughts"

Emmitt:
"sounds like a plan to me, lead the way"

Ruby:
"we'll catch up with you guys later"

Weiss:
"see you later, Jack"

Jack:
"see you later, Weiss"

After leaving team RWBY Emmitt and I walk outside and towards the landing pad.

Emmitt:
"you do realize that Weiss girl has the hots for you, right?

Jack:
"what are you babbling about?"

Emmitt:
"C'mon man it's so obvious, her face turns as red as Ruby's cloak when she talks to you"

Jack:
"you must've hit your head when we crash landed, it's probably just the heat, she has fair skin"

Emmitt:
"Jack 114, you are one of the best Spartan's I've ever met, an ace pilot, a talented weapon designer, combat engineer and a deadeye with a DMR, but my god are you blind when it comes to women"

Jack:
"You're out of line 144. besides, I've been in the military my whole life, that didn't allow for any kind of relationships with any girls my own age, hell before today I don't think I've even met a girl My age throughout my entire life outsidethe Orion II Program"

Emmitt:
"well I had 9 years as a normal kid and in that time I came to understand the signs that a girl likes you"

Emmitt:
"and not to mention that your heart rate went up when she said goodbye to you specifically when she said your name"

Jack:
"And why the hell were you monitoring my heart rate?"

Emmitt:
I was curious, plus I had my suspicions"

Jack:
"There's the pelican, let's get inside and grab the rest of our gear"

Emmitt:
"Are you seriously trying to change the conversation?"

Jack:
"Help me with the armor stations Spartan"

Emmitt:
"My god you are dodging this topic"

Jack:
"Zip it Solider, consider that a standing order"

Emmitt:
"Oh you definitely have a thing for the ice queen"

Jack:
"If you don't cut it out I will remove your helmet in the middle of the cafeteria"

Emmitt:
"You wouldn't dare"

Jack:
"Try me"

After our little banter I re-aquired Alea's chip and inserted it into my helmet

Alea:
"welcome back Spartans, I was starting to get lonely in here, anything interesting happen while you were gone?

Emmitt:
"nothing too interesting, oh but we did become students to a school that trains monster hunters called huntsmen"

Jack:
"yeah that about sums it up"

Alea:
"can't say I expected that, but it sure beats sitting around in a torn in half UNSC frigate"

Emmitt:
"couldn't agree more, let's get back to the dorms and set up these armor stands and go for dinner, im starving"

Jack:
"agreed, I haven't eaten in at least a week, the battle for reach gave us no breaks or rests"

Emmitt and I walked back to the dorms and set up our armor stand devices for later use

Jack:
"alright that's over and done with let's go get something to eat for dinner"

Emmitt:
"finally, I feel like could eat the equivalent of 2 elites"

Emmitt and I walk down to the dining area and grab something to eat, a tray of roast chicken and a side of vegetables with a glass of water to finish it off. As we're walking away we notice that the room has gone quiet and all eyes are locked onto us"

Jack:
"144 I think it might be best if we eat elsewhere"

Emmitt:
"agreed, let's move out"

Emmitt and I walk towards the landing bay where the pelican is landed when we run into Professor Ozpin.

Ozpin:
"ah, Gentlemen there you are, you finding beacon academy?

Jack:
"it lives up to its reputation sir"

Ozpin:
"indeed, but if I may ask where are you two off to? The dining hall is back that way"

Emmitt:
"we were getting allot of unwanted attention sir"

Jack:
"seing as our initiation isn't until tomorrow we figured we would lay low until then, so we're heading to the pelican to eat dinner in peace"

Ozpin:
"I see, well then enjoy dinner, make sure you rest up as your initiation mission is tomorrow at 9:30am sharp"

Jack:
"0930 hours? Copy that we will be there"

Emmitt:
"Yang and Blake showed me the cliff with the launch pads so I know where to go"

Ozpin:
"very good, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow"

After talking with Ozpin we made our way to the pelican, ate dinner and returned to the dorms before anyone else as to avoid attention and began using the armor stands to remove the Mjolnir armour from ourselves.

Emmitt:
"Geez when was the last time we took all this armor off anyways

Alea:
"5 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes and 12 seconds"

Emmitt:
"you could've just said 5 months Alea"

Alea:
"noted"

Emmitt:
"I could really go for a shower right about now"

Jack:
"I believe ozpin said he'd have uniforms sent to our dorms, so maybe check the dresser"

Emmitt:
"yep here they are, oh you've gotta be kidding me look at these things"

Emmitt held up a long sleeved formal shirt in white with a black suit jacket with gold highlights and buttons and a pair of matching suit pants as well as a red tie

Jack:
"I dunno, I kinda like it"

Emmitt:
"I am so not wearing this getup"

Jack:
"it's not like you have much if a choice in the matter, we have no civilian clothes to put on"

Emmitt:
"ugh fine, but I am only wearing the shirt, not the jacket"

Jack:
"it dosent bother me how you choose to dress yourself but if you get into shit with a teacher for being out of uniform you'll only have yourself to blame"

Emmitt:
"can't argue with that now can I? Anyways I'm going to enjoy a nice hot shower, I'll see you in 15 minutes

After Emmitt had a shower and I had mine we went straight to bed to rest for the upcoming initiation mission.

Weiss pov
After dinner my team and I head back to our dorm room to prepare for bed.

Yang:
"I wonder what happened to the Spartans, I haven't seen them since the start of dinner, they didn't eat in the cafeteria"

Blake:
"can you blame them? We all saw what happened as soon as they walked into the room, they were center of attention"

Weiss:
"I can't imagine that's attention they want"

Ruby:
"I hope they are okay"

Yang:
"have you seen them? They are fine"

Weiss:
"Yang, they fell from space in a damaged ship, on an unknown planet and without any way to contact their home"

Blake:
"Weiss has a point, I hope they are okay"

Ruby:
"I guess we will have to find out tomorrow, let's get some rest"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 2.1K 19
A UNSC frigate escapes from the remains of the planet Reach, using its Slip Space Drive to jump to a random location. Mid-jump, its drive fails, ope...
397 2 35
A story where just simple students at Beacon Academy become something more. They become a team that will be tasked with keeping the world safe... eve...
642 6 10
Once a noble Leader, Sovalis lost his team mates in a calamity that would decide the fate of the kingdom, the battle was won, however his team mates...
1.8K 10 11
A story when Arctic was walking back to Beacon Academy from Vale he went back to his girlfriends dorm, when he was told by the students that Team RWB...