The Hufflepuff Princess

By Scarlet_Riddle

She was the epitone of Hufflepuff, beautiful, kind and caring. The daughter of two muggles, both loving paren... More

Prolouge: A Sweet Rose
Chapter One: The Zoo
Chapter Two: A Witch
Chapter three: Hogwarts
Chapter Four: Rats and Potions
Chapter 5: Brooms and Friends
Chapter 7: Recovery and Friends
Chapter 8: Quidditch and Detention
Chapter 9: Winter and Dr. Snow
Chapter 10: A Festive Train Ride
Chapter 11: Crabs and Christmas
Chapter 12: The end of a Year
Chapter 13: Letters and Dinner Parties
Chapter 14: Diagon Alley and Weasleys
Chapter 15: The Diggory Home
Chapter 16: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 17: Howlers and Professors
Chapter 18: Mudbloods & Ghosts
Chapter 19: Start of Punishments
Chapter 20: Tryouts and Friends
Chapter 21: Houselves, Hagrid, and Letters
Chapter 22: Halloween
Chapter 23: Tutor and Dumbledore
Schedule for Hufflepuff Princess & Author's Note
Chapter 24: Myrtle and Broomsticks
Chapter 25: Another Attack
Chapter 26: Aftermath and Mandrakes
Chapter 27: Snakes Vs Dr. Snow
Chapter 28: Justin and Traditions
Chapter 29: Merry Friends
Chapter 30: Christmas in the Muggle World
Chapter 31: Valentines Day and Scales
Chapter 32: Images and Courses
Chapter 33: Ginny Weasley and Discoveries
Chapter 34: The Worst Birthday Ever
Chapter 35: Discovery
Chapter 36: Visitors and Flowers
Chapter 37: Bittersweet Silence
Chapter 38: Finally Free
END OF YEAR 2
Chapter 39: Untold Secrets
Chapter 40: Family Heritage
Chapter 41: Summer at Privet Drive
Chapter 42: Marge and Letters
Chapter 43: The Best of Friends
Chapter 44: Confessions and Relief
Chapter 45: Conversations and Unicorns
Pre-update greeting:
Chapter 46: Water Wrestling and Simple Lies
Chapter 47: Diagon Alley with Friends
Announcement:
Chapter 48: Friends and books
Chapter 49: Sisters and Disagrements
Mistakes were made
Chapter 50: Dementors on The Train
Guess Who's back
Chapter 51: A beautiful mystery

Chapter 6: Dead Rabbit and a Horrible Halloween

6.9K 210 14
By Scarlet_Riddle

Rose could hardly believe that a month and some change had passed already. Her classes and Cedric talking about Quidditch had distracted her, he was complaining about practice. As a matter of fact that's exactly what was happening as she ate her breakfast, Merlin hadn't shown up that morning with his usual rat. Today she had Charms with Harry, they were performing the same spell she had performed on the train.

"Mail's here." Rose looked up only to see Merlin sitting before her but this time he was not alone. There was an owl just as big as him and from what it looked like, it was carrying a package, "Hello there." Rose gazed at the owl as she tilted her head, Merlin looked at her before dropping something before her, it was a rabbit. Rose's eyes seemed to water as a girl let out a gasp, the owl flew towards the Slytherins while Merlin looked at Rose. Cedric stopped talking the moment he heard a sniff, "Rose- oh no..." Rose was quietly crying, the snowy white rabbit was stained red right in front of her, Merlin looked proud with himself and flew off, he didn't understand her reaction was bad. Instantly it seemed as if a teacher had sprung into action, Professor Sprout had walked to her, asking what was wrong until she witnessed the rabbit, "Oh dear." Rose managed a tiny whimper as now most of the table had looked towards her, Alice shook her head, "That Owl doesn't understand gifts." Merlin was back, this time dropping something on Alice's head, it appeared as if he heard what she said because a large wet plant had landed on her hair. Professor Sprout had banished the rabbit away and was gently leading Rose out of the hall, using her round body to block people from looking at her. Once she was out of the Great Hall Rose let out a quiet sob, "Oh, my poor dear." Rose felt awful, Merlin kept giving her terrible presents, "I-I know he wants to thank me..." Rose sniffed as Professor Sprout listened, "But... I don't like dead animals. I-it's so sad. And I don't want to hurt his feelings." Professor Sprout gently cooed over her, trying to calm down her little Hufflepuff, "It's alright, Sweetheart. He will learn." Rose cried as Professor Sprout transfigured a bobby pin into a handkerchief, handing it to her, "Don't worry Dear. You have the Halloween feast to look forward to. And if you're still upset just ask Squibbles for help." Rose sniffed as she nodded, as she looked towards her beloved head of house, her eyes were still watery as she was led towards Charms. Most of the class had already come in and they all saw her teary eyes, she quickly sat down as Flitwick discussed with Professor Sprout why she was late. Alice had gently patted her arm as Flitwick started the lesson, many students were trying to make their feather float, but Rose was helping the people next to her.

"Make the movement a little smaller." Alice looked as if she was confused, "How?" Rose took out her wand and made a small swish and flick, "Wingardium Leviosa." Her feather began to float up but Flitwick looked right towards someone else, "Well done! See here everyone, Ms. Granger has done it!" Rose looked over to see Hermione's feather was only an inch higher than her, she sighed as her feather went down smoothly. Alice looked worried for her friend before there was a loud bang next to her, Semus Finigan had blown up a feather. Alice immediately began to complain, "You can't even float a feather! Why do you always sit next to me?!" While most of the class was laughing with the two bickering Rose just looked at her feather she just waved her wand again whispering, "Inflamare." Her feather suddenly became engulfed flames in a quiet burn, she didn't notice Hermione watching her. Rose was quiet the entire time she walked with Alice who was still fussing at Semus. Rose listened as Ron complained, "She's a nightmare! Honestly!" Rose picked her head up instantly and watched as Hermione ran off crying. Ron only stated, "So? She must have noticed she's got no friends." Rose felt her blood boil as she whipped out her wand, Alice looked shocked as she pointed at Ron. Harry froze as he looked at Rose, he never had seen her so angry, "How dare you?" Ron looked surprised as he turned pale, "W-What are you doing?" Her eyes were narrow and her jaw was set, "If there is one thing I can't stand... It's pathetic bullies like you. You think you're so cool because you put down someone who can cast a simple spell." Ron looked angry as he retorted, "I didn't see you do it." Rose swished and flicked her wand quickly stating, "Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron went flying into the air, his books and bag hit the ground as students all looked at the sight, Alice was laughing loudly. Ron was terrified while Rose smirked, "Do you feel cool now? Or is it not cool because I'm teasing someone who can't even do a simple spell?"

"Ms. Park." Rose paused as she became nervous, Harry suddenly had a glaring match. Professor Snape had walked over as he pulled out his own wand and ended Rose's spell making Ron fall on the ground with a thump. Rose quickly put up her wand as a small amount of shame creeped into her, "My office Ms. Park." Rose waved towards Alice who still was giggling, while she followed Snape. It felt like an eternity as she walked down to the dungeons, all the way down to his office. Snape sat at his desk before he began to question her, "Why?" Rose instantly began to explain how Ron had treated Hermione before Snape questioned her, "Why should it bother you?" Rose looked surprised before she asked him to repeat. Snape's cold voice echoed, "Why did you stand up for someone who was not popular? You could have easily become hated for attacking Potter's friend." Rose looked back at him before she frowned, "Why should it matter if she's not popular? It was not right, Ron got what he deserved. It's not right to bully someone just because they don't have as many friends or smarter than you." Snape looked at her as he summoned a quill and a stack of papers, "You need to watch your temper for things like that. You will have detention with me tomorrow night. Five o'clock Potions class room. Do not be late." Rose looked down as she nodded her head, "Yes Professor." She stood up about to leave when Snape paused her, "You can have your potions result back." A paper and two vials floated towards her as she looked at the paper, "What is an O?" Snape looked up towards her before he looked back down towards his stack of papers, "See you tomorrow Ms. Park." Rose looked towards him before nodding her head, "Happy Halloween sir."

A few minutes later:

Rose had just finally gotten out of the dungeons before she took a small frown, "Squibbles? Could you please come here?" There was a pop and Squibbles was smiling towards her, "Yes Miss? Squibbles heard you were having a tough day. How can Squibbles help?" Rose smiled before she gently asked, "Is there anyway you can find Hermione Granger? You don't need to bring her, I just need to know where she is." Squibbles nodded as he apparated while Rose ran down to the kitchen, she looked around to see if anyone was near the entrance before she reached over and tickled the pear on the painting, the door opening as she entered the delicious smelling kitchen.

"Ms. Park! You're back!" Rose smiled towards the other house elves before she looked towards them kneeling, "May I please ask for some mint tea? And maybe, if you can spare some, a few chocolates?" The houselves all nodded happily walking off as she stood there with a little smile, Squabbles appeared as he gently tugged on her robes, "Ms. Granger is located in the first-floor lavatory." Rose smiled as she asked him to hold a cup of tea, "That's close, will you please walk with me to the restroom?" Rose had a small pack of chocolates as well as a plate of little cookies. Upon walking to the first floor laboratory she thanked squibbles and casted a levitation charm, "Hermione? Are you in here?" Rose heard sniffling in the last stall, "Go away!" Rose sighed as she entered the empty bathroom, "I won't. Can you please open the door? Your tea is getting cold." Hermione paused in her sniffing as she questioned, "Tea?" Rose nodded to herself before she smiled, "Yeah, my Omma always made me tea after I had a rough day. I have some cookies too." Hermione slowly opened the stall door, her eyes were red and her face blotchy. Rose moved the tea into her hands as Hermione thanked her, they sat in the larger stall as Rose looked towards her. Hermione looked down as she took a sip of her tea, "He's wrong you know." Hermione looked up before shaking her head, "He's not. Everyone hates me, they think I'm... a know it all." Rose looked towards her before setting down her tea cup, "You may be a little into the face of students. My Halmonee, or, Great Grandmother once told me. "Go-saeng Ggeut-eh naki eun-da.*" Which translates to at the end of hardship comes happiness." Hermione looked confused before Rose simplified it down, "Things will become better. I used to go to her and cry after my cousins beat me in Tai kuondo. She would always tell me that phrase, and it cheered me up." Rose looked to Hermione and smiled, "Besides, you didn't see it, but I got him back." The bushy haired girl looked worried, "You could have gotten in trouble!"

"I don't care. No one deserves to be treated terribly. Don't you want to know how I did it?" Hermione looked at her before nodding softly, "Well, I casted Leviosa on him and made him fly up into the air. You should have seen his face." Rose was laughing softly as Hermiome had a small giggle. For the time until a few minutes till the Halloween feast, Hermiome had been telling her to go without her, "But Hermione, It would be wrong to leave you here." Hermione gently told her to go as Rose sighed, "Okay... I'll be back early with some treats okay?" Hermiome nodded as Rose happily exited the bathroom, bumping into a familiar blonde male. The male looked up before stating, "Rose, What are you doing?" Rose smiled as she stated, "Just going to the feast. May I ask for your notes in class today, Draco?" Draco looked surprised that she didn't say Malfoy, before he stated, "Fine, why weren't you in class today? Did Snape give you a hard time?" Rose looked surprised as she stated, "How did you know about that?" Draco rolled his eyes as he stated, "Who doesn't? Everyone knows what you did to Weasley." Rose frowned as she started to walk away, "Well, he deserved it." Draco followed her as he stated, "Well, You're definitely more Slytherin than Hufflepuff. How could you have been put in there?" Rose was about to tell him what the hat said when Draco left. Alice had taken his spot, "Where were you?!? I had to stay next to Malfoy-" Rose quietly stated, "Draco." Alice was nervous before she stated, "What did Snape say? How bad is your punishment? Can you make it to the feast?" Rose smiled as she waved her off, "He's not going to stop someone from going to a feast Alice. I have detention tomorrow at Five. Do you know where Cedric is? I need to ask him a question." Alice led her towards the Hufflepuff table before Cedric also started hounding her on her actions. She finally just looked at him, "Cedric. What is an O?" Cedric smiled as he said, "Perfect score huh? We have a Ravenclaw in Hufflepuff, what did you get an outstanding in?" Rose handed back the vial to Alice, "Potions." Cedric smacked his face and groaned, "How did you get that? He never gives Hufflepuffs O's. Are you sure you're not really a slytherin undercover?" Alice laughed as Rose made a loud huff, "Why is everyone saying that?" Everyone laughed with her before Rose smiled, she gathered a few things to put away before she enjoyed the feast. It was nice for her to let off steam with her friends, many of her housemates were complimenting her on her wand work earlier today. Rose had guessed that Alice had gossiped about it, but it was okay.

"I'm going to turn in early. Run to the bathroom and then head back to the dorm." Alice smiled as she happily told her in a whisper, "I'll let Squibbles know. He won't let you not have any sweets after the day you've had." Rose smiled as she hugged Alice before running off with her little haul. She was walking towards the bathroom when she saw Professor Quirrle, "Professor? Why aren't you-" The professor passed by her quickly, ignoring her as he ran towards the hall. She smiled before walking inside the bathroom, "Must have been grading papers." She entered the bathroom before smiling, "Hermione, I'm back!" Hermione opened the stall before gratefully thanking her for bringing food. Rose happily explained all about the decorations before she paused, "What's wrong Rose?" Rose frowned softly as she shrugged, "It must have been nothing. I thought I heard something." Hermione smiled before Rose walked into the first stall to use the restroom. Hermione went towards the sink, unlocking the large stall door to wash her face. A horrible smell began to permeate the room, "Did you eat something off Rose?" Hermione snickered as Rose could be heard in a higher pitched voice, "Did not!" Suddenly Hermione looked at the loud clack of the door before seeing a massive horrible creature, she released a scream. Rose opened the stall after being done but then saw the massive troll. Her heart throbbed in fear as she grabbed her wand, "Win-Ah!" Rose was hit by the massive club she flew into the wall next to Hermione, All she remembered was Hermione staring at the Massive troll coming to finish them off.

*I do not Know korean. I'm sorry if I ever mess these up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
46.8K 792 39
Y/n has gotten caught up in a love triangle with of all the people , Draco Malfoy , and Cedric Diggory who will she end up with? Read to find out Thi...
2.5K 29 15
You're beginning your 5th year at Hogwarts, your grades were high and you had a great group of friends - it couldn't be better. That was until pretty...
640K 11.3K 52
Draco Malfoy is known to be the bad boy of Slytherin. He has a close group of friends consisting only of Slytherins. He finds it hard to meet his par...