Warrior Mine (jenlisa)

By jenlisas_girl

Assuming to walk alone for eternity, Lisa encounters deja vu in the most unusual way. But will another suitor... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - Part II
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Last Chapter)

Chapter Ten - Part I

3.6K 157 14
By jenlisas_girl

"RING RING"

"Hello?"

"Hi Jen, Irene here; was wondering if you'd like to do coffee tomorrow morning?"

"Uh hi Irene, sorry I'll have to pass on that."

"Oh, okay. Got something going on?" Irene asked.

"Excuse me Irene, but I'm just walking out the door and a bit pressed for time."

Irene bristled at the non response and being dismissed but kept her tone even, "Sure, some other time then maybe, bye."

"Good bye" Jennie replied and disconnected the call, rushing out the door and into her car.

After Jennie had been hard at work for over two hours straight, Tina a co-worker of hers, called out to her from the office door, "Jennie?"

"Yes, just finishing up a report; what's up?" Jennie replied not looking up from her computer.

"There are three different people here to see you."

"Three different? What do you mean?" as she looked up confused and curious.

"Well, a really gorgeous woman came in asking to speak with you and not a moment later, two rough looking suits came in asking to see you too."

"Who is the woman?" Jennie eagerly asked.

"A Ms. Manoban, she says you know her?" Tina looked at her with a little tilt of her head in question.

"Yes, I do! Who were the suits?"

"They said Detectives Robinson and Harmon"

"Detectives? Wonder why and what for."

Shrugging her shoulders Tina said, "They didn't say."

"Okay, um can you bring Ms. Manoban over and sit the detectives in a meeting room, tell them I'll be with them in a few minutes" Jennie asked while rising from her chair and unconsciously straitening out her clothes.

"Sure thing" Tina replied chuckling at Jennie's reaction and headed back towards the entry foyer.

"She's in here" Tina motioned into Jennie's office and closed it after Lisa entered.

"Hello Lisa, what a surprise, how are you?"

"Well thank you. I stopped by in hopes of asking you out for a coffee, but it seems you have business to attend to that has just asked for you as well."

"Oh," Jennie said disappointedly, "Yes, I don't know what they would want of me though."

"I shall not take up any of your time so that you may find out" Lisa turned as if to leave.

"Would you mind if I asked you to stay? I know that it's an imposition but that way once I'm done with them, you and I can go get that coffee?" Jennie asked as she did not want to miss an opportunity with Lisa.

"If you so wish, then I shall stay and wait for you"

"Thank you! I'll be back as soon as possible, um, did you want to sit here or on the sofa outside the meeting room which is more comfortable than these office torture devices they call chairs.""The sofa will do nicely, thank you" Lisa turned and followed Jennie out towards the meeting room.

"Okay, I'll be out in a tic" Jennie said while Lisa nodded as she sat down and picked up a magazine.

Jennie entered the meeting room to find two women standing, waiting somewhat impatiently for her.

"Hello, I'm Jennie Kim D'Olympia. How can I help you?"

"Hello Ms. Kim, I'm Detective Robinson and this is my partner Det. Harmon."

Jennie nodded at the other woman.

"Ms. Kim, do you know a Ms. Sakura Moore?"

"Yes, she's my friend, why?"

"When was the last time you saw Ms. Moore?"

"Um, Thursday night, she called me because she had gotten arrested and asked me to bail her out."

"Did you?" Detective Harmon asked.

"Yes, she's my best friend since grade school. I always help her out."

"Did you drive her home that night?" Detective Robinson asked.

"Yes...no. I was on a date that night. My date offered to go with me and bail her out. We did and Sakura and I got into a tiny verbal tiff."

"Oh?" Detective Harmon queried.

"Yeah, she is always making remarks about my...um, me being...um."

"Yes?" Detective Harmon pressed.

"Well, she made a remark about me never being possibly arrested for something like solicitation like she did and I snapped and made some remarks back. My date intervened."

"Did your date have a name?"

"Yes, her name is Irene Tresledge."

Both detectives arched one eyebrow and looked at each other but said nothing."So you both drove her home?" Detective Robinson continued.

"No, Irene offered as we had just finished our date when Sakura called so she said she'd drop her off and call it a night."

"Did this Irene seem mad or upset about ending the night?"

"No, she said something else to me that we had talked about earlier that evening and then something about talking with Sakura over the comment she made after I bailed her out."

"Have you spoken with Sakura since that night?" Detective Harmon asked while still writing in her note pad.

"No, she talks to me when she wants. I'm waiting for her to apologize for what she said, she usually does after about a week or so" Jennie looked between the two detectives, "What is this all about anyways? Why are you asking so much about Sakura?"

"Well Ms. Kim, I'd give up any notion of getting that apology. You see, Ms. Moore is dead" Detective Robinson stated as she walked over to Jennie, seeing her blanch at the words.

"No, no, NOOOO!" Jennie's voice rose quivering before breaking down into sobs.

The door to the meeting room suddenly flung open with Lisa storming in going to Jennie. Jennie immediately ran into Lisa's arms, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Who are you?"

"What has happened?"

Both the Detectives and Lisa asked at the same time.

"Are you Irene Tresledge?"

"Is Jennie's family alright?"

Again, they spoke at the same time.

Lisa stiffened at hearing Irene's name, "No, I am not her. I am Lisa Manoban, a...a friend of Jennie's" Lisa replied while lending comfort and soothing Jennie.

"Ms. Kim's family is fine. We are investigating a Ms. Moore's murder.""Murder?!" Jennie croaked out, "You never said she was murdered, dear God!" Jennie muttered before fainting in Lisa's arms.

...

When she came to, Jennie found herself lying on the meeting room sofa, a cold wash cloth to her forehead. Blinking blearily, she tried to focus and the first thing she saw was that of a furrowed brow on Lisa's concerned face above her. "Uhh, why do I feel like a freight train hit my head?" she grumbled while putting a hand to her forehead.

"Jennie, how are you feeling?" Lisa's soothing voice asked as she placed a gently hand to Jennie's face as she sat on the edge of the sofa.

"A little knocked about, but, asides from that okay, I guess"

"Care to try and sit up?"

A small nod.

Lisa rose and assisted Jennie into a sitting position.

Tina had brought over some bottles of cold water and handed one to her.

"Thanks" Jennie said after taking a few sips.

"Ms. Kim, we are sorry for your loss" Detective Harmon stated, "Do you have any idea who could have done this?"

"No, not that I can think of right now."

"Have you spoken with Ms. Tresledge since that night?" Detective Harmon continued to ask.

"Um, yes and no; she actually called this morning, asked to meet her for coffee..." Jennie looked down to her hands, feeling somewhat ashamed, then back to Lisa and back down again, "I told her I wanted to pass and I was running late so I told her I had to go and we hung up."

"Is there any way of contacting her?"

"Yes, I've got her number in my phone."

"We'll need that."

"Yes, of course. Now, tell me what happened to Sakura?"

The detectives looked to one another.

"Look, I have a right to know after you two dropped me like that! She's my..." a deep breath, "she was my best friend. I can take it and I promise, no more passing out."

Detective Robinson nodded to the other detective, "Well, Ms. Moore was found yesterday in her apartment. Apparently the next door neighbor, a Mrs. Grathers, knocked and called as Ms. Moore had not picked her up to take her to do her shopping on Sunday. There was not answer so she tried later that night and when standing at the door, something smelled off to her. She called the building landlord who called maintenance. When they opened the door, they found Ms. Moore. Preliminary investigation point to Ms. Moore having been sexually assaulted and then stabbed, no other signs of struggle or burglary"

"Oh dear God Sakura!" Jennie gasped, putting her face in her hands.

Lisa sat down and put an arm around Jennie, who put her head on Lisa's shoulder.

"Did she have a possible date that night?" the detective asked while writing some notes down in note pad.

"No, not that I know of as she didn't mention anything about scoring with someone. And Irene drove her home so I don't know what they talked about."

"Okay Ms. Kim. Could we bother you for that number now? We're finished for now but need to get your whereabouts for that night. We'll be in touch" Detective Robinson concluded.

"Sure, um, it's in my bag."

"Are you alright to stand up?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah, I want to get out of here anyways. Tina, I..."

"Go home Jennie, I'll take care of everything" Tina cut her off.

"Thanks T."

Lisa rose and extended a hand to help Jennie up, keeping an eye on her as she walked to her office, gave the detectives the information and gathered her things.

"Jennie, I do not think it is a wise idea to drive home in your state of mind. Allow me to take you home please."

"Actually, would you mind if we just walked to the park up the road a bit? I could use the fresh air and walk."

"Certainly."

Somberly, they exited the building and walked to the park a few blocks away.

As Lisa had noticed Jennie bundle up she motioned them over to a coffee stand and bought two hot chocolates, "Here, seems as if you could use a little comforting warmth."

"Thank you Lisa, for everything. I don't mean to burden you with..."

"Jennie," Lisa interrupted her gently, "you are no burden to me in any regard. I am only glad to be able to be here for you in any way you see fit."

"Oh Lisa!" Jennie broke down crying.

Lisa walked over to a park bench, guiding Jennie to sit down, allowing her to use her shoulder to cry on.

"She's gone Lisa, she's gone!" she sobbed.

"Yes Jennie, I am sorry for your loss, truly."

"Who could have done this to her? Why?" She continued crying.

"Allow the detectives to do their work and in time they will provide all the answers."

"She didn't deserve this Lisa, she didn't deserve this."

Lisa said no more but held Jennie with one arm wrapped securely about her as Jennie let go of her anguish in tears.

After a while of crying, Jennie finally began to compose herself. "Oh look at what I have done to your coat" she said wiping her nose with a handkerchief Lisa had provided her with, "it's soaked."

"It has not been put to better use than to accept and take away the tears of hurt and grief from your loss" she replied.

"RING RING"

Jennie jumped, startled at her phone ringing all of a sudden.

"RING RING"

She opened her bag and answered her phone, "Hello? Daddy! Yes, I'm okay, Tina told you? Yes, they said they found her murdered... Thanks Daddy ... What? No, I'm sitting with Lisa. She's been my rock today Daddy...No, I'll be okay, I'll talk with you later Daddy. Yes, I love you too Daddy, bye."

Lisa had stood and walked a few paces away to give Jennie some privacy but had heard the entire conversation and was shocked but gladdened when she heard Jennie tell her father she was her rock.

"That was my dad; news travels fast...bad news even faster."

"Let me escort you home."

"No, I mean...if it's okay with you, I'd rather not go home...just yet. Um, that is if you don't mind, I...I feel safe around you."

"Let it always be so Jennie," Lisa replied, "Do you wish to accompany me to my home at least? I would rather get you out of this weather and somewhere warm and if you desire you can either peruse the library or rest there, take your mind off the current situation."

"Are you sure?"

Lisa extended her hand as a reply and they walked back to Jennie's building where Lisa's limo sat waiting for her return.

"Philippe" Lisa called out as she entered her home.

"Mistress, Miss Kim" he bowed slightly to both.

"Philippe, please arrange a warm meal for Jennie, draw a warm bath for her in one of the guests rooms and have Veronique assist her with her clothes."

"Yes Mistress, at once" he gave a nod and went about his duties.

On the ride over, Lisa has suggested Jennie be her guest while the detectives sorted out the details and emotions ran high for Jennie.

She did not allude to the fact that she felt protective over her and that it brought peace of mind to have her safe here in her home.

Jennie had tried to protest, albeit not willingly as she really did want to stay, but every excuse was rebutted with a justified counter reason to stay. The final nudge had been when Lisa had called Mr. D'Olympia and offered her suggestions and he'd wholeheartedly agreed.

Lisa had excused herself to make a few phone calls when she walked in to find Jennie was curled up on the wingback chair in front of the fireplace in the library, with a book splayed on her lap, asleep.

Setting the book aside, Lisa knelt down and brushed Jennie's hair from her face, quietly admiring her beauty. With a smile to her face, Lisa whispered "Oh Jennie," then she scooped her up easily into her arms, rising in one graceful movement and carried her into the guest room.

She felt her heart skip when Jennie unconsciously snuggled into her and let out a small sigh of contentment. Gently laying her down onto the bed, Lisa pulled the blankets up and around Jennie and brushed the hair from off her face again. Jennie reflexively pulled her hand into hers, put it to her heart and rolled onto her side, essentially trapping Lisa in her grasp.

Being one used to long periods of stillness, Lisa waited until Jennie was in a very deep sleep before extracting her hand with a wistful thought.

"Rosé, come sit with me"

"But there is so much to prepare for my Kurios" the little serf replied.

"The only thing I shall need is you, there with me. Besides, what shall you do whilst I am away? Grow bored if you do it all tonight!"

"True my warrior, true" she stopped folding and walked over to where the warrior was sitting and sat down, taking the warrior's larger hand into her one, "I shall miss you" she whispered."And I you little one."

They looked into each other's eyes, wanting so much to express their bodies, heart and soul's desire to be with one another, but knowing it was forbidden to consummate such an act without the blessing of the Goddess and ritual as they were now betroth.

A snap of the log fire broke their trance and they both smiled shyly, entwining their hands.That is how the warrior awoke to find them in the morning, arms wrapped around each other with hands clasped.

Not wanting to disturb Rosé's dreaming, the warrior slowly separated their hands, placing a gentle kiss to the crown of her head then turned and with one final glance back to her sleeping visage exited the room to make final arrangements for the day's journey out.

...

A/N: oh Jennie, my poor baby </3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 4K 64
What happens when two souls who plan to kill themselves meet each other on the very night they are expected to lose their lives? Will they change one...
290K 12.3K 26
When Jennie Kim discovers a woman living in her garage, she has the urge to kick her out and call the police. But Lisa just needs a place to get away...
111K 4.4K 32
2 Girls. 2 separate lives. 1 chance encounter. How will two strangers' relationship develop after unfortunate circumstances forces them both to reinv...
28.9K 1.1K 11
one was an aspiring law student who was never a believer of love after losing her parents at such an early age. one was a hopeless romantic free spir...