supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[16]

4.7K 251 136
By universaja

c h a p t e r - s i x t e e n

"I seriously can't believe I'm letting you inside my room." Donghyuck growled, pulling a comforter and laying it at the cold floor.

You entered at his room while still drying your hair with a towel. You finally had a nice bath and it get changed into the clothes your size. You watched him throw a few pillows at the ground.

"You're sleeping at the floor." He sulkily said.

You shrugged and hang the towel in your shoulder. "I don't care. I wouldn't like to sleep beside you too."

"Me neither." He plopped himself in the bed. Donghyuck peeked at you before pointing your towel. "You can just hang it in my bathroom- Ah wait, let me do it. I'm gonna wash my face anyway."

You made a face and threw it straight into his face. His face looked utterly shocked when the towel worn off his gace.

"What was that for?" He heavily picked up the towel and shook his head.

"Nothing. Just felt like doing it." You mumbled before leaning your back at his bed while sitting at the comforter in the ground. Donghyuck made a face while your looking away before entering the bathroom, slamming the door as loud as he can. It was your turn to make a face while he's away. "He can be gentleman in some moments but he's a brat."

You decided to come outside for a minute, not forgetting to close his door since he will be nagging at you if you don't.

Few lights are open and the others are already at their room. You walked towards the room where you used to sleep back then and entered the passcode Taeyong had told you.

As soon as you twisted the knob, both you and a male voice yelled in surprise. You were the first to calm down while you held your chest.

"You scared me! Why are you here?" Jungwoo awkwardly scratched his hair. "I was too engaged on playing I didn't felt your presence."

"I.. I just want to get some book. I read myself to sleep." You closed the door, walking straight at the library. You know for sure you'll be needing more than one since you're most likely to stay awake until dawn especially you're in an unfamiliar place.

"Why don't you just go at the library? These are short stories." Jungwoo peeked behind, the height difference allowing him to get the higher levels for you.

"That's exactly what I need. Bedtime stories." You grinned, turning around but immediately regretted because of the close distance between you and Jungwoo.

"And that's a lot? Does that mean you won't be able to sleep for a long time?" Jungwoo checked your other books. You uncomfortably stepped behind while letting him check the books you chose.

"Probably. I'm not used to sleep with other peopl-" You quickly pressed your lips into thin line when he looked up and his soft eyes instantly landed on yours.

"But Yuta hyung told me that you slept beside him the other night. Because you were scared." He pouted.

"That's because he insisted to stay with me until I fall asleep and he ended up sleeping first so I wasn't worrying about his presence that time and that made me sleepy." You put your hands in your hips. "How about you? Why are you here at this time?"

"I just want to play. It's kinda stressful for the past few days." He chuckled, glancing at you. You nodded and smiled, a gush of guilt running into you since thowe past few days was because of you but regretted feeling that way when you heard Jungwoo clicked his tounge. You forgot that he can easily see through you. He softly grabbed your hand and put the books on your grasp. "Don't feel that way."

"What do you mean?" You dodged, grinning.

"Don't act innocent." He then ruffled your hair. "You should go back at Donghyuck's room."

"I will." You mumbled, doing a small nod at him before making your way back at the room.

You opened the door to found Donghyuck tossing around the bed. You wore a weirded out expression while closing his door and proceeding on your bed - at the floor.

"Don't give me a judgey look. I just missed my bed." He grinned, hugging the pilow in his legs.

You shrugged, crossing your legs at the ground and checking the books. "I miss my bed too."

Donghyuck suddenly peeked at you, brow raising to see some books in your palm. "Are you gonna read yourself to sleep?"

"Of course. What more do you expect to see books in my hands? Eat myself to sleep?" You sarcastically replied.

"Ooohhhhhh! You're getting back your title now, huh?" Donghyuck chuckled, his perfect features showing. "I'll go to sleep. You can borrow my lamp so you don't go reading in the dark like a stupid girl you are."

You reached out to grab it. "Thanks for insulting me first."

"Welcome." He sleepily answered.

You leaned at the wall behind and started flipping through the pages with the help of Donghyuck's lamp beside you. You enjoyed the first part of the story and started to read it quietly.

Hours already passed but you still can't seem to be sleepy. You tried shutting the book and closing your eyes for a minute but you really can't sleep.

You anxiously read the pages but you're no longer enjoying it. You knew its because of the new surrounding around you. You anxiously stood up, putting back the lamp but accidentally dropping it at his bed.

Your eyes widened in horror before grabbing it as fast as you can and to your luck, Donghyuck only shifted his sleeping position and you didn't got to wake him up.

Well that's atleast what you think.

You then stood up and walked at his bathroom, washing your hands in a cool water and drying it. And you actually don't know what was thay for.

You get back on the floor and decided to lie down but it didn't even last for long when you get uncomfortable and started tossing around. You've had enough of not-being-able to sleep and threw the pillow infront of you.

To your surprise, another pillow was thrown at the ground followed by an annoyed growl.

You worriedly looked up to suddenly see a Donghyuck having a messy hair with an arched back, completely annoyed.

You awkwardly crawled at the floor and put the pillow just below his feet. "D-Did I woke you up-"

"Yes, you did!" He yelled loudly. You pout unconsciously and get back in the floor, hoping you'll get to sleep this time. Donghyuck watched you tuck yourself in the blanket before hugging the pillow and tossing around. He sighed in annoyance before standing up. "If you're that uncomfortable at the ground, then we exchange."

You sat straight and shook your hear. "I didn't say I wanted."

"Why not? You literally woke me up." He grimaced.

You scratched your forehead, guilty. "I didn't mean to. I am just not used.. like.." You took a sharp breath and suddenly turned irritated. "It's my issue. I just can't sleep when I'm unfamiliar with the surroundings."

"Tsh. And I can't sleep with you creating thuds and all." He furrowed his brows.

"I wouldn't be like that if I have the choice to!" You stood, ready to throw a fit at him.

But Donghyuck will never gonna lose. He also stood and balled both of his fist before resting it in his hips. "That's why I'm offering you my precious bed. But of course we will share! This is my room!"

"If I can't sleep alone, I won't be able to sleep more with someone beside me. I'm alright with sleeping in the floor."

"No you're not. You've been moving for the past few hours that I can't sleep too!"

"Then I will be quiet. But just don't let me sleep beside you." You quickly raised your index finger. "Don't get me wrong! I am just uncomfortable with strangers-"

"Strangers huh?! You're calling me stranger?!" His jaw dropped.

You looked at him in disbelief, not getting where's the lie on what you said. "What?! It's true-- fine, fine. Even if you're a stranger or not, I am not comfortable with anyone-"

"Why not?!"

"Because that's me!"

"But can't you see I'm also suffering because you can't sleep!"

"That's why I told you to calm down and I will be quiet from now on!"

"But what if you don't do what you're telling me now?!"

"And what if I do?!"

"Then why are you yelling!" Donghyuck's face looked defeated.

"You were the one who started!" You also plastered a defeated expression.

Three knocks suddenly can be heard. Both you and Donghyuck slowly look at each other. He gulped his own saliva. "What time is it?"

You nervously looked at his clock behind where the number glow. "It's 3:43 AM." You anxiously looked up at him. "Is that.."

"A ghost?" You both said in sync.

With those words, both you and Donghyuck quickly jumped in the bed, hiding and the blanket and nudging each other until the both of you can fit enough.

"You told me there's no ghosts here!" You whisper yelled.

His breath ragged while giving you a scared look. "As far as I know, there isn't on-"

"Donghyuck-ah, Y/N-ah," A faint voice from the other side of the door spoke. It was no doubt from Johnny. The both of you slowly turned to each other. You quickly removed the blanket off you with an embarassed look. "If you both don't shut up I'm locking the hell out of you until dinner tomorrow."

"Sorry!" You muttered as a reply. Only silence responded indicating that he left. You grinned to yourself but stopped to spot Donghyuck still covered in the blanket. You playfully poked his figure. "What the heck are you doing? It's not a ghost, it's John-"

"That's what it makes more terrifying! I am more terrified by Johnny hyung than the ghosts!" He hissed quietly, sitting upright and wiping the sweat in his forehead.

You looked at him in disbelief before laughing, quickly covering your mouth because of how loud it could be in the middle of the quiet night.

He threw a pillow at you and scowled. "Ghosts can make us scream, but Johnny hyung can break our bones or dislocate it and hide Sicheng hyung from us so we don't get to be healed until we learn our lesson. Now, what do you think is scary?"

You quickly stopped laughing and nervously grinned. "Haha.. Johnny.."

Donghyuck scoffed. He stretched his body and looked at you. "Can we both sleep now?"

"Probably." You quickly stood in his bed and get rid of the books that was blocking your spot in the ground.

Donghyuck watched you grab another book with an exhausted expression since you know it won't help at all. He awkwardly scratched his eyes before looking away, clearing his throat.

"Do you want me to read a book?" He raised his brow.

You shrugged. "Why would you suddenly ask that?"

"Because I have the energy now cause I no longer know how to sleep and it's all thanks to you." He grinned cheekily and sat on the side where you lay. "Just tell me if it's a yes or no."

"Fine..? If you want to." You answered quietly, not denying that you missed someone reading story until you fall asleep.

Your father.

Donghyuck patted his bed which made you open your mouth to complain but he quickly silenced you by talking. "I'm not the one who will adjust here."

"Ugh, whatever." You hissed, slightly anxious while sitting beside him. He grinned the moment you're beside him. You looked up at him with a tired glare. "Why? Is there something funny?"

"Just roll at the ground when you feel like you're about to sleep. I have a nice soothing voice that can make you-"

"Irritated just by hearing it?" You raised your brow. He looked at you with an annoyed look, shutting the book as loud as he can. "Just kidding."

"You're jokes aren't fun."

"I know, that's why I don't have friends." You mumbled, closing your eyes.

"Tsh. I'm gonna start reading now." Donghyuck flinched when he opened the lamp beside him. He adjusted his sight at the new view before clearing his throat. "Once upon a time- heck. They could've just right a better start than this childish intro."

You opened your eyes. Donghyuck quickly looked straight at the book as if he didn't say anything.

"There was a woman hidden behind the castle. She was a beautiful and young lady that everyone wants, except for Haechan." Your face crumpled when Donghyuck said the next words. "Her hair was appealing to everyone, except for Haechan. Her eyes are bright, except for--"

"Is that really part of the story?" You sat straight, not being able to stop yourself to peek at the book.

He nodded. "I'm in every book because a book will never be good if my name isn't written there."

"I don't see your name here." Your eyes scanned the sentence, looking for his name.

Donghyuck chuckled, slightly finding it cute when you actually believed him. "Just kidding. I just felt like adding it up."

You scowled and snatched the book from his grasp. "Forget it. I'm reading it on my own."

Donghyuck stifled his laughter before grabbing it again away from you. He quickly shut it close and laid at the bedside. "Don't read books."

You angrily looked at him. "And who are you to tell m--"

"I'll sing you a song instead."

Your brows raised in his suggestion. You looked at him for a few minutes and examined if he's gonna laugh and tell it's a joke for the next second, but he didn't.

You guessed his a good singer though. But it will be really awkward to let him sing. You'll also get slightly uncomfortable since you never tried listening to a song to sleep.

Donghyuck noticed you weren't answering. He quickly pushed you back, making you lay comfortably in his bed. You're eyes widened but he didn't let you speak.

"You like it or not, I will do it." He smirked, clearing his throat and smirking.

You anxiously nodded, still awkward that he's being all comfortable beside you.

Because you're completely opposite.

Your thoughts get interrupted when he started singing. Your eyes widened to hear a familiar song. It was Rewrite the Stars. And it was one of your favourites.

"How did you-" You were cut off when he lightly pressed his index finger in your lips. Your soft lips pressing on his fingers made you flush in red cheeks.

"Nothing could keep us apart~ And you'll be the one I was meant to find~" You slightly calmed down to hear his surprisingly sweet voice.

What Donghyuck said earlier was real. His voice is soothing.

And for the first time, you drifted off to sleep by listening to a song.

Ironically, to the voice of a stranger.

~~~

Taeyong was calmly sipping at his morning tea while letting the breeze blew his hair. He was still in his sleeping paired pajamas and was currently enjoying the morning view at the balcony.

A footstep followed behind. Taeyong took a deep breath. He turned around and almost spilled his cup when he saw Johnny.

Johnny scowled at him. "What's so shocking to see me in the morning?"

"Nothing. Just didn't expect for you to wake up early today since all of you are tired for the shopping spree we did." He put down his cup and grabbed a seat. Johnny took the other one infront of him. "Why so early though?"

"Donghyuck and Y/N are fighting at 3 AM I didn't even got to sleep properly." He messed his hair in irritation.

Taeyong laughed. "I know. I also woke up by their yells and thought they are about to throw stuffs. Thanks for silencing them."

Johnny gasped in disbelief and plastered the most betrayed look. "So you also woke up and I'm the only one who made a move to shut them up?"

"Sorry for not being sorry." Taeyong grinned mischievously. "Seems like Y/N isn't as quiet as what Jaehyun told us about her?"

"All because of Donghyuck. He's literally pestering her life." Johnny smiled unconsciously. He can't help but to adore just the thought of the both of you even if it really made him fume in irritation at dawn. "I suddenly wondered what more she could do if she's confident and friendly enough."

"I see every quality on her of being someone a lot of kids look up to." Taeyong sighed. "Except for being open."

"You look like you really see the qualities you're referring," Johnny teased only to be silence by Taeyong raising his brow and a fire developing at the end of it. "I was just saying."

There was a comfortable silence from the two. Both of them enjoyed the view of the trees and the smell of morning.

"I hope she trust us." Taeyong blurted out, playing with the last drop of his drink in his cup.

"I agree," Johnny shifted in his seat. "There's more things she doesn't know about us than what is written in the book she already read."

"She may know a lot about our personality, but she doesn't have an idea about our identity yet." Taeyong sharply looked infront.

|     |     |     |     |

a/n;

oohh taeyong what was that.

thanks for reading up until this part. hope you trust this getting better.. if it ever *cries*

anyway, i just want to say that you'll be okay if ever you're not feeling well now.

and I want to tell you that..

your kind words can help anyone.

but your hurtful words can harm anyone.

see ya in next chap♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 10K 22
"Hello?" "Is this Luke?" "Who are you?" "I am your father." In which a girl prank calls an idol by accident.
11.4M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
12.3K 128 12
This is a story about forbidden love. This is the first book in the trilogy. Follow Katherine Conway and her twin brother on the adventure of going f...