HUFFLEPUFF'S SEEKER. ๐‘๐„๐†๐”...

By wcndering-

โ๐๐ข๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐›๐š๐๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ค๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ?โž โ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ก... More

HUFFLEPUFF'S SEEKER.
ACT ONE !
CHAPTER ONE.
CHAPTER TWO.
CHAPTER THREE.
CHAPTER FOUR.
CHAPTER FIVE.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT.
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN.
ACT TWO !
CHAPTER ELEVEN.
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY.
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.
EPILOGUE.
AUTHOR'S NOTE.

CHAPTER SIX.

20.1K 704 971
By wcndering-

CHAPTER SIX !

THE 'FRIENDLY' DATE.

THE SECOND WEEK HAS PASSED BY quickly just like the wind. And nothing but focusing on the project was all the Slytherin and the Hufflepuff did for the pass few days. Ever since that night where Caroline practically bawled her eyes out into the older Black's arms, the blonde has been awfully quiet lately. Most of the student body noticed this, even Regulus himself couldn't help but notice. She wasn't her usual, very expressive, sarcastic driven self that's for sure. And he was determined to figure out why, but at the same time, he gave her the personal space she needed. After all, it's not like he hasn't been in the same situation as she's in at the moment.

They were in the midst of continuously brewing the potion, when Regulus had the guts to speak up. He cleared his throat slightly and said. "How'd you like to spend this Saturday with me at Hogsmeade?"

"What?"

"I promise I won't get us into trouble...or anything."

"But we still have a potion to brew!" She exclaimed, a hint of worry in her eyes. It's not like she didn't want to go, it's just that she was trying to fight the feelings that continued to grow in her chest. And Merlin forbid if it developed into something more. As anxious thoughts started coming into her head, all of a sudden she remembered Lily's calming advice. It's totally normal to feel this way. You're growing up, Caroline. We all are.

"C'mon, we won't be long, I promise. We'll be back before sun down. Besides, you looked pretty tensed. Why not take a little trip to calm your nerves down...and I don't know...maybe get some butterbeer if you'd like."

The mention of the beverage made her smile softly, as memories of her father having a white moustache occupied her mind. Maybe Regulus was right, maybe she needed a little break for a while. She nodded, and replied, "Alright. A friendly date it is, then."

Regulus' ears suddenly perked up, as his eyes widened. Did she just say...date? "Pardon? Date?" Caroline smirked mischievously and moved her face a little closer to his face.

"I said it was a friendly date, Regulus. Unless, you want it to be a date?" She asked with a smug smile. Black instantly felt his cheeks heat up. Not only because of what she said, but the fact that her face was only a few inches away from his. He gulped slowly and cleared his throat, and with a smile, he said, "I-um, alright then. If you say so."

"Then a date it is!" Caroline slightly giggled and tapped his nose playfully.

This girl was definitely going to be the death of him.

"Woah! I cannot believe it! My best friend is going on a date...with Regulus Black!" Amara exclaimed with mixed emotions, as she sat on the bed, with gleaming eyes. Meanwhile Caroline was in front of the mirror, picking out what clothes to wear, letting her brunette friend babble. "Wait, you are going on a date with Regulus Black?! And you're not kidding right?!" The blonde simply scoffed, and finally chose an outfit.

"You know, I cannot tell if you're either happy for me, excited for me, or maybe even frightened for me at this point." Caroline used magic to put on her clothes for her to save some time. She wore a mustard yellow sweater, which was yes, very Hufflepuff, but it was her favorite so you can't blame her. A pair of dark skinny jeans, some comfortable white boots and a white scarf. Autumn was coming, which made the weather a little chilly that was why she dressed this way. She simply let her hair down but brushed it to tidy it up more. She applied some light makeup and she was all set. She also brought her wand and some money, you know, the necessities.

"How do I look? Is this appropriate enough for a friendly date?"

Amara stared at her in awe. "You look beautiful! Actually I would still find you beautiful no matter what you wear. I hope Regulus thinks the same though."

"Well we'll see about that. But at the same time, I don't dress up for no man, so if he doesn't like what I'm wearing, he better deal with it or I'll make him." There she goes again, with her sarcastic driven tongue. The brunette giggled and cheered.

"That's my best friend. This is why I am not worried for you at all!" She stood up and put her two hands lovingly and supportively on Caroline's shoulders. The blonde raised an eyebrow and looked into Amara's brown eyes.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Um, actually I kinda am worried. Just a tad bit, but it'll go away for sure."

"Well, as long as you don't tell your twin brother that I went out with his 'sworn enemy' I'm sure we'll all be just fine." She replied with a hint of sarcasm once more. Amara shrugged.

"Don't worry, he's busy with his Slytherin partner doing the potion. Which by the way, speaking of the potion partner assignment, it's kinda working out for me and my partner. Although my Slytherin partner is very quiet! So obviously I do the talking, and the entertaining, and—"

"—Amaraaa!" Caroline giggled and cut her off before she drowned her into her endless stories and talkative attitude.

"Oh right! You, him, Hogsmeade, date! Got it! Let's goooo!" And so they went off. Amara quickly brought her best friend to her date, who was waiting for her at the quidditch pitch, all alone. They instantly spotted him, standing in the middle of the field, as he observed the clouds above. He sported a little bit of his house colors too. He wore a dark green shirt, a green scarf, black jeans, black shoes, and a black coat. His hair was usually in it's regular state, which suited him the most anyway.

Amara bid her best friend farewell, but before she did, she gave her a warm hug, and said hello to Regulus. And then left. "So, how do I look?" Caroline said, her fingers in her pockets. The Slytherin smirked and eyed her from head to toe.

"Beautiful. As always." He said simply. Caroline looked down, trying to hide her blush and ridiculous smile. She looked up again, and with a sassy remark, she replied.

"Well, you clean up pretty nicely too, Black."

"I'm glad you think so." A short awkward silence was upon them both, but Regulus apparently didn't allow it to overcome, clearing his throat, he caught her attention

Standing beside her he uttered, "Shall we?" He held out his hand out to her. Caroline stared shortly at the hand, slightly panicking inside. Should I take it? Ugh is that even a question? She cleared her throat too and played along

"We shall." And with that, she took his hand, and leading the way for the both of them. Hand in hand, their cheeks turning scarlet, and their hearts thumping ever so loudly inside their chests. Even though, they both tried to play it cool and walked hand in hand, into Hogsmeade, like what normal people do.

They went from shop to shop, not really buying anything. Although whenever a certain item would catch the blonde's interest, she would suddenly pull Regulus into a particular shop. The boy laughed every time she did that and let her roam around free. Because every time she did, it would give him a chance to stare at her longer. Observing her go around, as her fingertips slightly going through every object through the shop. Her blue eyes lighting up as she sees something that catches her interest. Not to sound like a creep or anything, he didn't mind watching her go around the store.

"Hey, Regulus? Let's go?" He was suddenly brought back to reality, where he found her just right in front of him. "Uh, oh, alright." He said flustered, and once again his hand was on her's as she pulled them both out of the shop.

After several moments of window shopping, and purchasing two packs of chocolate frogs, the pair decided to finally get some butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks, where they found a vacant table for two, and sat down. Regulus ordered the sweet drinks they both longed for, while Caroline got the chocolate frogs out and placed them on their table.

"Here are our drinks madam!" He playfully announced as he came back with the two mugs, setting them on the table. He found the blonde looking out the window, once again basking in the soft and faint sunlight. Regulus once again took the opportunity to soak in all of her beauty. She looks so enchanting in the sunlight.

"Oh! I'm sorry, thank you, by the way!" She awkwardly replied, getting her mug and taking a sip. "Nothing like a warm butterbeer on a breezy Saturday afternoon." She sighed happily.

"Here this is for you!" She said, handing over one chocolate frog. Regulus stared at her again, but this time he looked like he was in disbelief. "What? You thought I was just going to greedily devour both of the treats myself? What do you think I am? A Slytherin?"

Regulus fake gasped. "How dare you insult my house that way!" He joked back and they both had a good laugh. He nodded, carefully taking the small package. "I know, there's probably a good reason why you're in Hufflepuff in the first place."

"Now quit joking around and let's open our chocolate frogs! I want to see what cards we got!" She exclaimed joyfully like a child. They both did open their packages, careful not to let the chocolate frog out of their sight and quickly brought out their cards. "Wow. Guess who I got?" She said in humorous and sarcastic manner. "I don't know, tell me."

"It's Salazar Slytherin himself!" She showed him the card, revealing the serpent's very own house founder, looking proud and ambitiously cunning. "What about you? Who did you get?"

"Unfortunately, I got your house founder." He showed her, the card containing Helga Hufflepuff, with her down to earth smile, and bright, loving eyes. Caroline smiled in awe, the card fuelling her love for her house more.

Her smile slowly faded again as a memory of her's was again unfolded in her mind, making Regulus slightly worry. "I see that look on your face again...what's the bothering you?" He asked softly.

She smirked mellowly, shaking her head, she replied. "It's nothing serious, really. It's just that I remember when I was a lot younger, my father and I, we would come here every weekend, buy chocolate frogs and butterbeer and basically do all the things that we just did earlier."

"Hmm, is that why you agreed to this whole friendly date?"

"Well, the truth hurts, but yes. But also, you were right. I needed to take a little break. It could help get my mind off of certain things."

"Like what?" He curiously asked, making Caroline shift a little on her seat. Regulus always wanted them both to open up to one another. It was rather a goal of his to fulfil. To get to know her better.

"That's a story for another time. But for now," She raised her butterbeer in front of him. "Here's a toast. To the both of us, and our lovely little friendship!" They clinked their mugs together, and shared another moment of laughter.

"It is an honour to be your friend, Caroline Wright."

"Indeed it is, Regulus Black."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 446 20
"I truly believe that something weird is going on, and until I know the truth, I don't trust these people or anything they say." She thought escaping...
3.9M 140K 115
โ˜†;+;๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก;+;โ˜†;+;๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก;+;โ˜†;+;๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก;+;โ˜†;+;๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก; When Viola Lupin found out Harry Potter had bought all the sweets from the trolly, she automatically d...
293K 6.4K 36
when 8 year old lexie dior moves into number 5 privet drive, and sees a boy her age through her window, she didn't know that meeting him would lead t...
193K 6.5K 12
;in which two shy teenagers meet at a library at dusk. - tw: sexual abuse [ lowercase intended ]