❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

بواسطة thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... المزيد

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| T W E N T Y - S I X |

5.2K 594 146
بواسطة thegirlinstarydreams

To love someone is nothing , to be loved by someone is something , but to be loved by the one you love is everything .

***

Amigos Cafe

Nandini walked towards the cafe with happiness radiating on her face , she don't know why but today she is feeling much happy and it was reflecting on her face . She reached near the cafe and was about to open the cafe door but her gaze fell on the beautiful bouquet of white lilies and purple tulips dumped in the dustbin which was at the side of the cafe . She moved near the dustbin and smiled looking at flowers , they were looking fresh , she picked them in her hands and sniffed the scent of the beautiful flowers , she smiled and thought who might put these pretty flowers in waste so she just moved inside the cafe with the bouquet in her hands smiling .

Sanjana who was wiping the counter looked at Nandini walking inside , so she smiled at her and greeted " Morning Nandini " Nandini smiled at her , Sanjana smiled back but her smile soon turned into a frown when she saw the bouquet she had thrown a few minutes ago in her hands .

But before she could say something , Nandini turned towards Mukti who was thinking some new menu recipes and asked " Mukti , did you throw these flowers away ? "

Mukti jumped in shock when she saw the bouquet in Nandini's hand and she immediately left her pen on the table and went near her and said " Ahh Nandini , these flowers , naa these are faded , haa so that's why , they were thrown away . "

Mukti said and took the bouquet from Nandini before she could react and gave it to Sameer waving her hand lightly to him saying to get it away . But in this they didn't noticed that the little note in the bouquet fell down on the floor .

" But Mukti it didn't look like it's fading . " Nandini said but it went in the air as Mukti didn't listen what she said . Nandini sighed at Mukti but then looked down and saw the note that fell from the bouquet . She picked the note and Mukti gasped lightly forgetting it .

" Love the one you love , Do what you love - Arayaman " Nandini read the note and looked at Mukti as if asking her what's all this .

Mukti looked at her and said " I am sorry , Nandini , i wanted to tell you but you found it like this . "

Nandini looked at her and sighed in disbelief and said " Mukti , though we have broken up and everything between us is our business , I told you everything as you are my friend ,but you should not have done something like this . "

" I am sorry , i was angry about how he acted with you and hurt you . He also sent that person who messed up on our opening day and beat up my brother ." Mukti said pouting at Nandini , like an innocent child telling about the mistake he / she did .

" I know mukti , but that's their fault , but we can't do something like that na , if we do something like them we will become like them and that will be not good na . And you did everything without telling me before , he was my friend na ." Nandini said explaining Mukti .

" Friend , You still think he is your friend ? Then what about my brother ? You both are together na , You met your parents , you are pretending to be couples , and you both kissed also ." Mukti said smirking making her remember the forehead kiss which Manik gave her .

Nandini blushed at the thoughts and dismissed Mukti saying " We .. We were just acting , I thought you know about this ."

" I don't believe you , if you don't like him , you would never offer him to be your fake boyfriend . If I am right you must have a tiny winy crush on my brother ." Mukti said smirking at her , Nandini looked at her and opened her mouth to speak something but no words came out of her mouth , she just looked like a fish gaping for air . So she just turned around to leave , Mukti looked at her leaving and said " Ahh Nandini , don't leave ."

Nandini left the cafe and Mukti just cursed herself saying " Damn , it's all my fault . "

----

Manik was working on his project at the home , when Mukti came in his study room mumbling something or the other to herself , Manik looked at her and with expression asked him what happened , and therefore Mukti explained everything to him , for which he just glared at her and continued doing his work .

" Ahh bro , Nandini would be so angry on me . " Mukti said being frustrated .

" Then why did you provoked her . " Manik said doing his work .

" It's all y fault , I did everything for you , I didn't want her to have anything to do with Arayaman ." she said slowly , playing with her shirt .

" Did I ask for your help ? " he asked her without any interest .

" What should I do ? I can't face her again ." she said slowly.

She moved near her brother and said " Bro , how about you do it for me ? Please "

Manik looked at her and without saying anything just got up from his chair and moved out of the room without glancing at her .

" Ahh don't leave me alone " Mukti shouted at him , but he continued moving to his room , so Mukti just nagged at him going behind him .

----

The next day went normal for everyone apart from Nandini , she was feeling guilty that because of her Mukti misbehaved with Arayaman so she was from the time she got up is trying to call him and apologize , but he was not picking her call , so she just kept the phone at the side and started preparing her breakfast when her phone rang , thinking it must be Arayaman she just picked the phone without seeing the caller ID .

" Hello , Arayaman " She said immediately , as soon as she picked the call , but she just heard someone clear their throat.

" Umm. Hello , It's me " the caller said , Nandini's eyes widened listening the voice and she removed her phone from her ear and saw the caller ID and just mentally slapped herself .

" Dr. Manik " she said slowly .

" Hmm , Mukti told me what happened , I apologize to you on her behalf , but i would like to do it face to face , so how about a lunch together ? " Manik asked her .

" Umm , no need , I .. haa , I am tired today , I don't want to go out . " She said to him .

" I am already at your door , Nandini ." he said mentally smirking .

" You are already at my door ? " she said in shock and moved near the kitchen window from where they can see outside her door , and she saw that Manik was already standing their waiting for her .

Manik saw her from the window and kept back his phone in his pocket and waved his hand at her , while she just looked at him in shock that he is really standing there waiting for her.

----

Sunshine Cafe

Manik and Nandini were settled in the cafe drinking their respective latte , they talked a few minute but the other time Manik was admiring Nandini while Nandini was observing the ambiance of the cafe . The place had so lovely and cozy environment making everyone fall in love with the place , there were couples who were enjoying themselves and their drinks .

" Very good place , Dr.Manik . I thought you would choose a place which would be extremely elegant with background music playing of some romantic song . " she said giving him an impressed look .

Manik smirked at her comment and said " Well , I take that credit , but it was suggested by Mukti saying this is much popular cafe. Many people come on dates here ."

Nandini looked at him in astonishment of what he just said , does he mean , that he came with her on a date rather than just a lunch .

" Dr.Manik .." Before she could complete her sentence they heard a commotion happening in the cafe at distance of two three table , they heard that someone fainted , everyone who were in the cafe moved near the person who was fainted on the ground and started to surround her , Manik moved past them passing by telling them he is a doctor so let him check .

He checked the pulse of the girl who fainted , he checked her breathing and said the crowd not to surround her as she needs air and also told Nandini to call the ambulance , she nodded at him while he started checking the girl when he saw that the she was holding a bottle of medicine in her fist , he took the bottle from her hand and examined the bottle and uncorked it and took one of the tablet form the bottle and dropped it in the girl's mouth making her swallow it , and after a minute started pushing her chest so that she breathes again . Everyone present their was looking at Manik as he pumped her chest , and soon she regained conscious . Manik sighed seeing her in sense , but he checked her pulse again , and heart rate and then gave her water to drink so that she gain her every sense after feeling that she is bit stabled he said " You are fine , but you should wait till the ambulance arrive for more medical preference . Here your medicine ." He gave her the medicine bottle , she thanked him by blinking her eyes for which he smiled at her , the crowd started clapping for Manik , he looked at Nandini who gave him a brilliant smile and Manik grinned at her .

----

Manik and Nandini spent their evening with each enjoying their day , and now after having an hectic fun Manik is now driving her back to her home . Nandini was looking outside the window replaying what all happened today but the main thing that was stuck in her head was when Manik helped the fainted girl in the cafe , but she didn't talked about it with him so now she had to talk about it .

" You were awesome , You saved a person within minutes ." Nandini said to him with beaming happiness and a proud glint .

" It's nothing , Any intern in the hospital can do it . " He said in rather simple tone .

" Huh , how can you be so calm with it , you did an amazing job , you just saved a person ,,, Umm Oh you ust have saved many people's life before . You are really amazing ." Nandini said looking at him with a smile .

" Saving someone's life is the job what doctors do , Since I choose this profession , i have done what i should do . " Manik said concentrating to drive the car .

" I suddenly feel that doctors are so great ." She said beaming with happiness .

" Being a doctor is impermanence { Impermanence = time limit } for life . When you have experienced the helplessness of seeing someone pass away in front of you , you will know that it's not just patient's luck but also doctor's to save another life ." manik said .

Nandini nodded at him and said " Yeah , But you have saved someone within minutes . She was lucky you were there today . "

Manik nodded at her and smiled a little and asked " What about you ? Do you feel lucky to meet me? "

" Off course , Thank you for helping me these days ." She said , Manik chuckled and said " Then can you forgive Mukti for the sake of me ? "

" Well to be honest , i forget all that , as Mukti was venting out her anger for me on him , as she saw how was I after the whole thing . So how can I be mad at her ? " Nandini said smiling , as after a little while she got to know why Mukti said all the things which was for her only .

" That's good . By the way , I am lucky to meet you ." He said , Nandini looked at him with a surprised look and saw that he was just having a pure confidence saying this , she drifted back her attention towards the side window as she felt her cheeks started growing hot , she bite her lower lip to stop herself from blushing .

----

Affection : Expression For Love

Arayman was laid down on the sofa in his cabin , remembering everything what all Mukti said to him yesterday morning , he was remembering all that when his phone rang , he picked his phone from the side and saw it was a call from Aliya , he sighed and cut the call not wanting to speak with her , but his phone again ranged , he picked the phone again and cut it and kept it at the side , but how can she keep quiet , so after a few seconds his phone ranged again , and being in range , he got up from the sofa and picked the call and was going to shout at her but she said " Finally you picked ."

" What's the matter ? " he asked her directly coming to the point .

" I want to talk with you ." She said as he hadn't talked with her from the time he had left pune after her mom's discharge as he had a great confrontation with her as he got to knew a great truth of her .

" There is nothing to talk about ." He said without thinking anything .

" I am downstairs " She said not giving any heeds about what he said . He sighed and got up from the couch and moved near the window and saw her standing down looking up at her .

" There is nothing to talk about now , I heard everything and I said everything I wanted to say , there is nothing between us now . Go ." he said and hanged the call giving a last glare at Aliya he moved back towards the sofa . While Aliya walked back .

----

Na na...

Manik parked his infront of Nandini's house and moved out of the car to open the gate for her . He opened the car door for her , she smiled at him and moved out of the car . She walked out of the car and stood facing him infront of her house main gate .

Tu nazm nazm sa mere
Honthon pe thehar ja
Main khwab khwab sa teri
Aankhon mein jaagun re

" Thank you for driving me back . " She said to him , though she insisted that she can go back to her house by a cab but Manik ignored her statement .

" Umm Are you going to the cafe tomorrow ? " She asked him , she didn't know why she asked this , but she felt that she wanted to spent few more minutes with him .

Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re

" If there is something important only then , but i won't go , i am having a busy schedule recently . " he said to her.

" Ohh , then drive safely back at home ." she said to him , he gave her a small smile , and was going turn away but felt Manik gaze fixed on her like he was examining every feature of her . She felt self conscious under his intense gaze and asked " Umm is there something on my face ? "

Na na...

Haath thaam le piya

Karte hain vaada

Ab se tu aarzu

Tu hi hai iraada

" No , but I want to know if you really gave up on Arayman." he said not beating around the bush . Nandini just nodded in yes , telling him that she really gave up on arayaman .

" That means you are single now and don't have anyone in your mind , right? " he asked making her confuse , but what all he was saying was not easy for him to say , as he never said anything what he was going to say to anyone .

" Yeah .. sort off ." She said being confused why he is saying all this .

Mera naam le piya

Main teri rubaaiTeri hi tto piche picheBarsaat aayi, barsaat aayi

" If you .. Um If you don't mind ..." Manik huffed as he didn't know how to complete his sentence or what he is going to say to her , he was playing with his fingers but taking a deep breath he asked " Can umm , can we have a try ."

Nandini looked at him in surprise and shock , though she didn't understand what he meant to say but seeing his posture meant something which is not good for her feelings .

Looking at her confused face , Manik sighed and took a deep breath and asked again but now in clear words . " Be my girlfriend !"

Tu itrr itrr sa mere

Saanson mein bikhar jaaMain faqeer tere qurbat kaTujhse tu maangun re

Nandini looked at him with total shock , she thought was he really asking her out in the middle of the street , infront her house . She saw him how nervous he is and waiting for her answer .

" Umm .. You .. Ahh .. Are you confessing to me ? " She shuttered at first not knowing what to say , but composing herself she asked .

Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re

" Isn't it obvious ? " he asked her , as didn't she felt how he feels for her , how he is when he is with her , how his face it up only by her one look , one smile , she is the only one who could make him blush .

" I love you . I want to be with you forever ..." he said but before he could continue Nandini stopped him and said " Umm , I know what you mean , but .. umm are you serious ? you sure you are not pretending ? " she said as she felt he is still pretending to be in the boyfriend role .

Mere dil ke lifaafe mein
Tera khat hai janiya
Nacheez ne kaise paa li
Kismat yeh janiya ve

" I am not pretending . " he told her truthfully , the feeling he had for her can never be pretended he knows it .

" this.. this is too sudden . I .. I am not prepared for all this ." She said , it's not that she doesn't like manik , but after breaking up from the person with whom she was with for almost two years , she is not prepared to give her heart away to another person .

Oh mere dil ke lifafe mein

Tera khat hai janiya
Nacheez ne kaise paa li
Jannat yeh janiya ve

" You don't have to answer me now . I know you need time to think about this , and i will give you that time ." he said lovingly which made Nandini's inside squirm with his loving voice . She clutched her dress's side controlling herself.

" This is all I wanted to say . You must go inside ." he said somewhat knowing that what all he said is too much for her too handle right now .

Tu nazm nazm sa mere

Honthon pe thehar ja (x2)

Main khwaab khwaab sa teri

Aankhon mein jaagun re

She immediately moved inside thinking about everything he said to her , while Manik was looking at her with a smile that finally he was able to express her feelings .

She moved inside her house , still lost in her thoughts , she closed the door , and kept her bag on the holder and moved inside switching on the lights of her house and then moved inside her washroom , she stood infront of the mirror , she washed her face and looked at her reflection calming her self . Her thoughts got broken when she heard a ping from her phone .

Tu ishq ishq sa mere

Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re

" I know tonight might be a sleepless night for you . You can have a relaxing bath before you go to bed and a cup of hot chocolate which may help you to relax " She read Manik's msg in shock , she opened her mouth to say something but nothing was coming out of her mouth .

After reading the msg for few more time she said to herself " What is he , I am all nervous because of him and he is giving me suggestions . It's like the culprit is addressing me for the crime he committed ? { ulta chor kotwaal ko date } " And she huffed .

Na na...

----

Mukti was settled on the sofa with Lucy in her hands waiting for her brother to show up . As soon as she heard the front door opening , she ran towards her brother , who came inside with a sly smile playing on his lips , which made mukti to beam .

" What's the result , Did Nandini forgive me ? " She asked following him , he nodded at her smiling like a fool .

Mukti jumped in happiness and and said " I know you are the best brother ." she moved behind him but stood by the wall as she saw her brother moving towards the washroom to wash up , but as she stood beside the wall she thought why is her brother smiling like a fool and also why is he home so soon she was going to ask both things but for now she felt that the latter one will give her the answer of the first one too , so she said " But why are you home so early today ? I thought you will go out for some movie after dinner or walk to the beach ."

" You really think I am so free , I have an operation tomorrow morning , so i had to cut it short ." he said indicating about the little date he had with Nandini .

" Huh , A doctor can never be a qualified lover . You have just wasted a perfect chance to spend time with her " she frowned as she followed her brother as he sat down .

" Umm not entirely " Manik said giving her a goofy grin .

" Ohh , so what's the reason for your so mind blowing smile . Is there any progress ? " She asked him , letting lucy out of her arms , and propping her hands on the sofa's arm to look at him with full interest .

" I formally proposed her to be my girlfriend , and also told her my feelings ." he said .

Mukti's expressions suddenly became stunned and surprised , did he really told her his feelings or her ears were hearing something or the other .

" You confessed ? " she asked in shock .

***

Chapter 26

How is it .

Hope you liked it .

He confessed ... finallyyyy

What do you think what will Nandini do now .

Precape : Nandini's decision and After so long Cabir and Nandini .

In this lockdown I trying to do muster some editing skills , so here are the trails I did , what do you guys think about it . Do tell me .

Stay Safe

Love

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

A Break بواسطة Avantika

القصة القصيرة

58.5K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...
132K 7.7K 50
Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, yet Beautiful! Dive into this romantic sa...
45.9K 3.5K 11
Hi guys this is a short story of our favourite couple manan . This story is about how manan fall in love and support each other in their hard times...
43.1K 3K 55
When we say "Manan", we see stars,fireflies,friendship,anger, possessiveness,betrayal,misunderstandings BUT most of all LOVE. In this story we will d...