Forbidden Fruit

Bởi hannaZhrb

*COMPLETED* Short Story: Jaxson likes his life as it is. He graduated high school and got a fully paid footba... Xem Thêm

Cast
Chapter 1 - Take me to your best friends house
Chapter 2 - Widow in a party dress
Chapter 3 - Pretending
Chapter 4 - Change is quiet
Chapter 5 - Candlelight and Ignorance
Chapter 6 - Overthinking and Overstepping
Chapter 7 - Ghosts of a person
Chapter 8 - Turning Tables
Chapter 9 - Wasting time
Chapter 10 - Open up
Chapter 11 - Confrontation sucks
Chapter 12 - Holding my friend
Chapter 13 - Barbie and Ken
Chapter 14 Picking sides
Chapter 15 - You are the one for me
Chapter 16 - Flying home
Chapter 17 - Friends from college
Chapter 18 - Love isn't enough
Chapter 19 - From Friends to Lovers
Chapter 20 - Finish him
Epilogue
Authors Note
Patreon

The ultra super Quiz Show

10.5K 262 431
Bởi hannaZhrb

*enter Game show music here*

The big pink and blue doors slowly open, revealing none other than the Author herself, Hanna and the crowd applauds. She is wearing a pink suit, because lets be honest here, suits just look awesome on ladies! She had the cards with the questions on them already in her hand, ready to get this show started. "Thank you! Thank you everybody!" she smiles, trying to calm the raging crowd down. Finally, the music is slowly fading out and so the people in the audience take their seats, ready to see what is happing on this very colorful stage, but hey, who doesn't like to be extra?

"Welcome everybody to our favorite Game show: 'Let the Characters speak!'. Right, let's get right into it and meet todays contestants! First up we have americas sweetheart, the queen of England, who is too often compared to Jack Frost but make it gayer: Luke Patrickson everybody!!" the host, Hanna, announces, pointing towards the big doors, which open once more, revealing Luke, dressed in a stylish purple suit, that he most probably stole from Harry styles. With a happy smile he walked on stage, waving at the cheering crowd. Luke walks towards the host, shaking her hand, before walking to his little podium, ready to answer some questions. 

"Right, let's continue. She can fight like a guy and steal your girl. Also, she is concerningly similar to me, so let's welcome Amelie Ness!" Hanna exclaimed, but as the doors opened, she froze. Looking back at her was Amelie, wearing the same pink suit as her, looking mad as hell, since she too noticed the obvious detail. "Ok one of us has to change!" both of them said, at the same time, glaring at each other. The whole audience went deadly silent, waiting for the cat fight of the year, but suddenly, the two of them started laughing uncontrollably. "Ahhh I love you" Hanna said, while Amelie went to stand next to Luke behind her own podium. 

"Next up we have the guy with the worst luck when it comes to overhearing his brothers sexlife,  also known as the Codester, let's welcome Cody Jenkins!" the host, also known as the author, announced and Cody stepped onto the stage, looking a little awkward to be in the spotlight right now. He was wearing a simple tux and immediately walked over to Amelie, visible uncomfortable to be on stage. His girlfriend chuckled, rubbing his back to relax him again. 

"Next up, we have the one guy cursed with his name, but also, he kind of fulfills that role quite well, so here for you is Romeo Brooks!" Hanna announced and Romeo walked through the big doors, wearing actually not his leather jacket, but for once an actual blazer with, of course, some black jeans on and a shirt under it. He seemed annoyed by the crowd and pressed out a smile, but as soon as he spotted his best friend, Cody, he seemed relieved, walking over to him and taking the podium next to him. 

"Right, also not a very 'spot light friendly' person. Anyway, some of you have really waited for this, so I will not keep you waiting! Here he is, our baby, the boy we have to protect at all costs, Blake Jenkins everybody!!" Hanna announced, looking especially excited to meet one of her main characters, finally, in person. Blake entered the stage, wearing a nice black suit, smiling at the crowd and waving, but suddenly, all the air was knocked out of his lungs, as Hanna had ran over to him, hugging him as if her life depended on it. "Oh Jesus, another hugger!" he croaked and Hanna pulled back, grinning at her baby boy. She cupped his cheeks, looking into the eyes of her first child, if you will. "Oh Blake" was all she could sign, as tears started welling in her eyes. 

"Yeeeeah...uh..I'm gonna go then" Blake said, mildly uncomfortable and confused as to why the host was so emotional to see him and Hanna nodded, indeed being a little too emotional right now. "Alright, puhhh, the waterfalls, I tell you guys. Now, lets welcome to the stage the guy that everybody says is kind of stupid, but what he lacks in brains, he makes up with his kind and loving heart. Welcome Nick Adams!" the host smiled, trying to cover up her tears. 

The big doors opened once again, revealing Nick in a grey suit with his shirt out of the pants, before he hopped on stage, grinning from ear to ear and waving at the crowd, that literally went 'Aw' at his cute and happy face. He was like a golden retriever and who doesn't love golden retrievers? Nick took his time, enjoying the sounds of the crowd, before walking to his friends and taking his position behind his podium. 

"And now, the main man of at least this book, the sassy bitch that I love as much as life itself, let's welcome Jaxson Scott!!" Hanna yelled and the doors opened one last time, revealing Jaxon, who was wearing a dark red suit, nodding at the cheering crowd. Of course, due to being a big time football player, was used to seeing so many people at once, who were cheering his name, so it was no surprise how elegantly he walked towards the host, giving her a kiss on the cheek, before gracefully taking his place behind the podium, getting attacked with a hug from Nick, even though they had literally been outside the stage together all night. 

"Right, perfect! Now that everybody is here, let's go over the rules! You, my friends, are omniscient about yourself, meaning, you know everything from your own childhood to how you are going to die, even though you appear as teenagers right now. Looking awesome by the way, my bisexuality is buzzing right now. Anyho, I will ask questions the readers have for you and the two people who buzzed the quickest will get a chance to answer, before the person concerning the question will reveal the real answer. Everybody only knows everything about themselves, but not about others. So for example, if I would ask Romeo how he would die, he would know, but everybody else would have to guess, since they haven't lived through it yet. Got it? Any questions?" Hanna finished, turning towards the group. 

Everybody, Nick slowly and shyly following them, raised their hands, all not really understanding what was even happening right now and what they were even doing here. "Perfect! Ok then let's get going!" the host smiled, turning around and walking up to her big podium, getting out her cards, where the questions had been written on. Just as she was about to ask the first question, Blake raised his hand again and Hanna sighed. "Yes?" she asked. 

"Wait, how do we know all of this? I'm so confused right now" he said and Hanna chuckled. 

"Oh my Blake baby, you know, I made you the smart one here, but alright. You guys know all of this, because I know all of this. Because I created you, duh!" Hanna said. 

"Wait- What do you mean created?!" Luke asked, everybody else seeming just as confused. Hanna, who noticed their panic and confusion, cleared her throat, pulling out the first card. "Moving on!" she announced and a fun boing sound appeared, announcing the first question. 

"First question! Remember, whoever buzzes first, gets a chance to answer. Speed is important here, but I don't have to tell you that Romeo" Hanna said, smiling into the camera. "Wait what?" Romeo asked, puzzled as to what she could mean. 

"Ok! First question concerns Luke! So, our readers want to know what happened to you! And I'm guessing they are asking about what happened to you after high school, how your life has turned out! AAAAAnd go!" the host announced and not seconds later, there was a buzz and the pink light above Amelie went off, signaling that it was her who had pressed the quickest. "Yes, Amelie!" Hanna said, pointing towards her. 

"Uhm, I'm guessing he went to college, dropped out, became a stripper, found himself a sugar daddy, married him and inherited all his money!" Amelie said, smiling proudly at the end, but when she glanced over at Luke, he had his mouth gaping open, looking quiet offered. "You think I would drop out of college?? I mean, I would be down for the stripper and sugar daddy thing, but come on girl, I can still have an education!" Luke said with a fake-offended tone in his voice, shaking his head and making Amelie roll her eyes. 

"So wrong?" Hanna asked and Luke nodded. Another buzzer went off and the pink light above Nick went on. "Yes, Nick!" Hanna said. 

"Well, I think Luke would go to college, study something like music or something and then he would be walking around town and a guy would see him and cast him in his movie, so now he would be a movie star! Oh and he surly is married to, like, Zendaya or something like that!" Nick said and Luke shook his head. "Alright, wrong again. Luke, you wanna reveal your path in life?" the host asked and Luke nodded. 

"I studied graphic design and traveled around the world for a year. After college I moved to France, where I started working at Vogue as a graphic designer, until I became head of department. Unfortunately no Zendaya, but still kind of cool" Luke shrugged and the blue light above his head started blinking. "And that is correct, so since nobody else got this round, the point goes to you Luke!" Hanna announced and everybody applauded him. 

"Perfect! Let's move on. Next question concerns Romeo AND Blake actually! Get ready! Did Blake and Romeo ever quit smoking?" Hanna asked and all buzzers basically went off at the same time. "Oh wow, uh ok, I guess I will give this one to Jaxson" the author said and Jaxson nodded, leaning a bit closer to the microphone. 

"I think they did for a couple of years, but I think on and off still counts as no, so thats what I'm going to go with" Jaxson said and Hanna nodded, looking over at Blake and Romeo, who seemed mildly uncomfortable and awkward. Blake was scratching the back of his neck, as he glanced over at Romeo for some help, but he also looked quite embarrassed. 

"Well- I mean, we did after college...and then we started when we moved to Long Island...but then we stopped when we had to move to LA!... But then we started when we moved to Italy for a few years...but then we stopped when-" Blake said and Hanna nodded. "So thats a no then" she said and Romeo chuckled awkwardly. "Well, I guess. But I mean, we always quit for a few years and if one of us picked up a cigarette, so did the other. Luckily, I can tell you, we did not die of cancer" he said and everybody chuckled, probably also having guessed that those two wouldn't quit anyway. 

"Nice, so one point for Jaxson!" Hanna announced. She put the card behind the deck of others, reading the new question. "Oh wow! This one is for me, but you guys can also guess! Any more sequels to this book?" the host asked and everybody frowned, probably wondering what the hell kind of sequel she meant. No buzzers went off, but Hanna smiled at them, patiently waiting until finally, a buzzer went off and the pink light above Nick lit up. "Yes, Nick!" she said and Nick looked very hesitant. 

"Uhm....no?" he asked. 

"Yes, that is, unfortunately, correct! One point for Nick! I will not be writing another sequel or side story to Save me Romeo. I want to write new things and create new Characters, so don't miss my new book Tainted Love, which will premiere this Friday, 6pm German time. Its something different from what I have written, before because its about werewolves. Maybe you will like it, maybe not, but I will write a lot of stuff, so there will be new and loving Characters and I may plan on creating a Patreon, where you can read special chapters, such as Romeo proposing, Chapter 43 from Romeos Pov or Jaxson topping Nick for once" Hanna said and jaws dropped. 

"Wait-" Luke said. "No way, with this one? Naha!" Jaxson exclaimed, shaking his head, laughing. "Oh my god!" Blake laughed. "Oh you are so never going to hear the end of this!" Romeo exclaimed, looking at Nick with a revengeful smile on his face. "Oh Jesus, another detail I didn't need to know" Cody groaned. "Wow Jaxson you top? Good for you!" Amelie smiled, wiggling her eyebrows at the cameras, knowing what she had done with that sentence. "I can see that" Nick nodded and Jaxson's jaw dropped for the second time this evening. Well third, if you count the quickie in the bathroom with Nick before the show. 

"So if you would like to read that for just 1$, maybe 2$ (I have to see how it works with euros and dollars being transferred) a month, let me know! Anyway, moving on! Next question is concerning Nick! What is Nick going to college for or better, what is he majoring in?" Hanna asked and there was the sound of the buzzer and Romeos blue lightbulb light up. "Yes, Romeo!" the host said, point towards Romeo, who was looking at Nick, as if to decide what he would be majoring in. 

"I think he majored in something like History and then does something completely different with his life" Romeo said and Nick glanced at Hanna, to give him his signal that he could reveal if that was correct or not. When she did nod her head, eagerly, he said "Uh no, that was not my major." Another buzzer went off and Amelie's pink light lit up. "Yes Amelie!" Hanna said. 

"I think he was majoring in education. I can see Nick as a teacher, who is always a bit too nice and also doesn't really know much about his subject, but I think he would be great for middle school or maybe even primary" Amelie said, leaning over her podium to picture Nick as a teacher, surrounded by little kids, who thought of him as the coolest teacher ever, while the parents thought some of his methods were questionable, like rather going outside to learn than to stay inside and read what you could experience. Hanna nodded at Nick, before he shook his head. "Ok, time for the reveal!" Hanna announced. 

"Well, I did change my major quite a lot. I started with Family and consumer science /Human science, because I thought, hey, I have a family and I am a human, so that shouldn't be hard. It was. So I changed in my first week of college to Business and Marketing, but that was boring and then I changed to Agriculture, oh and I majored in Science technology for, like, a day, before changing to Philosophy and finally I went to Journalism, which was actually a lot of fun, so I stayed and got my degree in that...so yeah" Nick said and Jaxson chuckled, shaking his head. 

"Well...a lot...like a lot of options to choose from, but the point goes to Nick! Next question is about Cody and Amelie! So, are Cody and Amelie still together?" Hanna asked and this time, it was Blake's light that light up, as the sound of the buzzer startled the author for a second. Yes, she is very squeamish. "Blake!" she smiled and Blake looked at his brother and one of his best friends, Amelie. 

"Yeah..they are going to last" he smiled, looking genuinely happy to see the two of them together and so happy. "Nope, wrong!" Hanna announced and everybody, including Amelie and Cody, looked shocked and kind of offended over to her. "I'm kidding, Jesus" she chuckled a little awkwardly. 

"Yes, we lasted. We got married after college and moved to Pine Hill, where we stayed until the end" Cody smiled, taking Amelie's hand and looking at her with so much love, it warmed everybody's heart in the room. "God, I'm such a loser. I married my high school sweetheart" Amelie chuckled, rolling her eyes. 

"Welcome to the club" Romeo smiled, taking Blake in his arm and hugging him against his chest for a moment. 

"Wow, I have never felt more single in my life...Great, thanks guys. Moving on! Oh! Another beautiful question for moi! Ok, get your buzzers ready guys, even though you will never get this one, but..ok, lets give this a shot. Author, what was the best part about writing this book?" Hanna asked and for a moment, there was silence again, before the sound of the buzzer shocked her once more. The light above Romeo light up and so Hanna pointed at him, before saying "Yes!" 

"Well...I have no fucking idea, so I will base it off of my experience with writing. The best part for me is the thought that somewhere in the world there is a person reading what I have written and it actually helps them in some way. Maybe just so it brings a smile to their faces, when life just wouldn't let that happen on their own. Or maybe just to spark an idea in their head. But yeah, that would be my answer" Romeo said and Blake glanced at him, pride and joy dripping from his eyes as he looked at the love of his life, feeling blessed to spend his with him. 

"That is always a big part while I write, always. So I will give you that point. With this book specifically though, I think it was experiencing Jaxsons view on love and how that changed throughout the book. Because when I was writing Charles, I actually thought I had introduced him as the bad guy from minute one, but the readers liked him and so I thought, wait, was I doing something wrong? No, it was right, because it was subtle how the relationship became manipulative and abusive. And writing Jaxson's and Nick's way to find and accept their love, even though they were in an environment, where the whole gay thing didn't really matter, was really interesting and exiting to me. But I loved every chapter actually and I'm sad it has come to an end, but believe me when I tell you, it has to" Hanna finished, smiling sadly at the memories. 

Everybody was quiet for a moment, thinking about her touching words and Jaxson nodded, understanding why everything happened the way it did. They all had sad, but sentimental smiles on their faces, as they too started to remember. "Wait...you created Charles?!" Nick asked, narrowing his eyes at the author, who turned bright red in the blink of an eye, looking nervous and embarrassed at the same time. 

"Moving on! Next question is for Luke!! Did Luke ever find somebody or did he stay single?" Hanna asked, trying to cover up how awkward she was. And it worked, because the buzzers went off like crazy, but Jaxson was the quickest one and so got the chance to answer first. "Yes, Jaxson!" Hanna said and Jaxson nodded. 

"I think he did. I don't think it's somebody we know, but Luke definitely didn't stay single forever! Have you met the guy? He's awesome" Jaxson replied, looking at Luke who smiled appreciating his words. Nick beside him stirred uncomfortably and Jaxson rolled his eyes, kissing him on the cheek. "Stop. You know you're my number one, Jesus you can be infuriatingly insecure" Jaxson said, seeming annoyed, but Nick knew him better than that. 

"But you still looove me" he grinned and Jaxson rolled his eyes. "Don't make me regret saying that to you" he huffed and Nick smiled, kissing him on his temple. When they turned towards the rest, everybody was looking at them like they were a bunch of little cute puppies. "As unbearably adorable as that was, Luke, is Jaxson correct?" Hanna asked and Luke smiled. 

"Well, it took me a while and a Mamma Mia like summer in Greece, but when I moved to France, I met the love of my life, Arthur. He is a trans model, who was trying to make it in Paris and we started off as friends, moving in together, but we both knew that we were already pretty damn in love with each other. One of us just had to make the first move and it was actually Arthur who finally did it. But we made it and got married not a year later, because well, we were basically a couple from the second we met, it just took us some time to get to the intimate part. But yeah, you could say I'm pretty fucking lucky with my man" Luke grinned and everybody smiled at him, so happy that our Luke had found his happiness along the way. Oh and let me tell you, Arthur is perfect for him, he knows how to calm him down. 

"Wonderful! Next question is for...well, me again. Hanna, what was it like writing Nick's and Blake's pov? Hm....I'm guessing they meant Jaxson's, so we will go with that...oh and we already got a buzz! Yes Nick!" she said and Nick smiled widely as he answered enthusiastically"It was awesome!"  

"Well, uh, I guess I will have to give you a point for that my little happy dog. To answer the question properly, I like to explore one character at a time, thats why I don't change the pov. I like to experience the book with the character and both Blake and Jaxson have some similarities with how I think, so part of it was easy to write and others were just so interesting, to see where the characters lead me. Because yes, in fact, I follow the Characters. They don't follow my will, like, at all. I just write what I know, not what I necessarily create and I don't care how crazy that makes me sound, its just the truth" Hanna said, chuckling at her own absurdity. 

"So I get a point??" Nick asked, smiling from ear to ear. "Yes my dear, you get another point" Hanna chuckled and Nick cheered "Alright! Hey guys, I'm winning so far, this stuff is easy!!" he laughed and everybody else rolled their eyes, chuckling at their friend who was, as always, a sweet idiot. 

"Next question! This one goes out to...well Blake and Romeo, but more towards Blake. So, did Blake ever take Romeo out on that date, like he promised he would?" the host asked and after a second of silence, Amelie buzzed, her light going off. "Yes Amelie!" Hanna said, pointing at her. 

"I know Blake and his mashed brain, so I'm gonna say no, because he has the memory of a goldfish and I don't mean the animal, but the cracker" Amelie said, earning herself a laugh from the audience. All eyes went to Blake, for his answer. "Ok so first of all, rude!...But also true, I really have the worst memory. Secondly...I- I mean, I did pay for some meals or asked Romeo if he wanted to go there or see that...but...Baby, did I ever take you out on that date like I promised I would?" Blake asked, looking at Romeo who seemed very amused by the whole situation. 

"Well, I mean, you did take me on a few dates, without calling them that and I mean...that one big date, no, but thats fine ,we went on vacations and you payed for some of them and-" Romeo rambled, knowing what that would do to his husband. "WHAT?? I never- I never took you out on a big date??" Blake asked and Romeo scratched the back of his neck, nervous as to what he would do now. "I mean, no but you-" 

"Naha, nope, I will not have that. We are going on a big ass date RIGHT NOW and I am paying for it!" Blake said, taking Romeos hand and guiding him towards the big doors of the stage. "Wait- Guys, the show isn't-" Hanna tried to say. "Blake come on, its fine, I-" Romeo tried to argue, but Blake was having none of it. "Nope, my decision is final. Hasta la vista baby...'s. I have to take my boyfriend on the biggest, most extravagant date of his life!" Blake said, forcing the door open and dragging the chuckling Romeo out of the studio and towards a memorable night, leaving the author, his friends and the audience behind. 

"Well, that was...unexpected. Ok uhh, I guess we will continue without them...I have one more question anyways and that is concerning Jaxson and Nick! So...how many kids are you two planning on having, slash how many children did you get" Hanna grinned at he two darlings, that turned bright red, nervousness and awkwardness written across their faces. But the sound of the buzzer, actually more than one at once, cut the thick tension in the room. "Yes, Luke!" Hanna said, pointing at the platinum blond boy. 

"Thank you! So I'm guessing no, because I honestly don't know how Jaxson would handle children! I think they would annoy him to a point where he would put them up for adoption himself" Luke chuckled and Amelie and Cody joined his laughter, because yeah, thats what somebody would think of high school Jaxson. But the Jaxson that has lived through so much? Who had grown up alongside Nick and got married, which he also never thought he would? "Jaxson, Nick?" Hanna asked, knowingly smiling at them. 

"Well, we do have a kid" Jaxson said and Nick smiled widely, pulling Jaxson closer by his shoulder. "At first we didn't plan it for a while, mostly because both of our careers wouldn't have allowed us to spend a lot of time with our kids, if we would have some. But after a few years of talking about it and me actually liking the idea of raising children with this idiot who stole my heart, we did adopt Lilly, our daughter. Nick wanted a whole bunch of kids, but no, I could have not handled that. But Lilly she's...she's perfect" Jaxson smiled and Nick grinned at his husband, nodding. 

"Our little girl is pretty damn awesome, isn't she?" he asked and Jaxson chuckled, nodding as he leaned against his soulmate, happiness filling the air. "Yeah, just like her Dad" Jaxson smiled and a few Aw's and sighs went through the crowd, bringing the two back to reality, as they uncomfortably smiled, blushing. Hanna was wiping away a tear and Cody hugged Amelie, while Luke looked just utterly happy for his friends. 

"Wow, ok, I did not think I was going to cry on Tv, but hey, there is a first time for everything. Like Amelie sticking a finger up Cody's ass for example!" Hanna smiled, looking straight into the camera. "Hey whoah hold up-" Cody exclaimed. "Ha! I told you I would do it one day pussy!" Amelie said, poking out her tongue, while Jaxson and Nick fell into loud laughter. 

"Anyways, that is all we have for you guys today! I hope you enjoyed this little special and I hope I will see you either in my next book or maybe when I'm creating a Patreon! That's it from me, my name is Hanna and good night Pine Hill!" Hanna announced and the camera fade away.

-----------------------

Authors note coming up!

Thoughts btw??

Follow me on instagram (hanna.wattpad), listen to my Spotify playlists for each one of my books (link in bio) and check out my Patreon page for exclusive Chapters (link in bio)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

48.8K 1.6K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
106K 3.2K 33
(BxB) Getting saved by the school bad boy was nothing that I could imagine. "What's your name?" We have been classmates since forever. "Dude! We lit...
112K 4.7K 75
(This is the edited version of my book Bad Boy Knows My Secret) Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he'...
151K 4.8K 16
•COMPLETED• After a long, boring night at a party, Lucas has to drag his wasted best friend home and try to sober him up before bed. What happens wh...