Timeless Memories || Hajime H...

By Mahirus_Koizumi

"I never erase a photo once I take it. That's my policy. No matter what kind of photo it is, the moment captu... More

1 - Photograph
3 - Momento
[A/N] Thank You!!

2 - Thanks

1.2K 21 13
By Mahirus_Koizumi

Another day has come, a brand new day.

'It really isn't a dream...' I thought.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened the other day. I shouldn't be thinking like this. He's just a boy who wants to befriend his classmates, right?

He probably asked to hang out because he was bored. Not a big deal... or is it?

"Keep it together, Mahiru!" I said while cupping my cheeks.

'Why am I overthinking things?' I thought to myself.

Yeah, I shouldn't overthink things too hard. I should probably go on a walk or something....

I got up from my bed and headed out of my cottage. The park seemed like a good place to snap some photos. I wanted to kill some time since the others weren't talking to me...

My eyes scanned the area and they landed on a bunch of flowers on the side.

I focus my lens and press the shutter.

*click!*

I look at the photo hoping I got a good shot. Unfortunately, it was a bit blurry.

"It's blurry..." I said aloud. I sighed and continued to snap photos of the area.

After snapping a few more pictures, I decided to head to my cottage to rest. But just when I was about to head out, *He* appeared before me...

"Oh! Mahiru?" Hajime said with a surprised expression.

"O-Oh. Hajime..." I said seemingly surprised too.

"What are you doing here? Where you taking photos, perhaps?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I was. I'm going back to my cottage right now." I said as I started to walk away.

But then, I felt something grab my wrist. I turn to see Hajime holding my wrist and staring into my eyes.

"Wait!" He exclaimed. "Don't you want to hang out?" He asked.

"H-Hang out?" I repeated.

'Another hang out? Why?' I asked myself.

"I was supposed to hang out with Chiaki, but she's too tired apparently..." He said.

"Oh. So you wanted to hang out with me because you couldn't hang out with Chiaki?" I said in a sarcastic tone. "You boys are soooo selfish!"

"N-No... I didn't mean it like-"

"If you want to hang out with me, that's fine..." I said, interrupting him.

"What?" He said taken aback.

I just pouted and gripped my camera. I still don't know why I act flustered around him. Is he special? I just brushed those thoughts aside and took a deep breath.

"I'm free... Y-You could hang out with me." I quietly said.

Hajime looked at me and nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"Okay. So where do you want to go?" I asked him.

"Where do *you* want to go?" He asked.

"Geez. You pick! You were the one to ask me out, right?" I scolded him.

'That last part sounded a bit... weird.' I thought.

"I... U-Uh..." He stuttered.

"Ah wait! I know a place!" I said pounding my fist on my palm.

After a few minutes of walking, I arrived at the 'place' along with Hajime, who seemed a bit tired after walking.

That's when I thought of a great idea. Hajime and I are at the beach after all.

"Hey, Mahiru. What are we doing at the beach?" He asked while his eyes darted around.

"I... I want you to take a picture." I said.

He had a look of surprise in his face. He was probably caught off guard with a request like that.

"Really? *I'm* going to take a picture?" He asked me.

"Yeah..." I said as I handed him my camera.

"Oh okay, but what will I take a picture of?" He asked me.

"..."

I stood silent momentarily while he just stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"Me." I said.

"What? A picture of... you?" He repeated.

I nodded back and sighed. "I want you to take a picture of me, okay?" I said. "B-Boys better be useful for once."

"Alright then." He agreed.

After saying that, I got ready and posed for the camera. But he took his time looking through the lens and preparing a good shot.

A few more minutes had gone by and finally...

*click!*

He took the photo.

Just as he was about to look at the shot, I took the camera away from him.

'This is...'

"Hey, Mahiru. Can I see it too?" He asked me.

"This is... a good shot." I admitted.

"Wait what. Really?" He said in doubt.

I nodded him a yes and he grew a smile on his face.

"I-It's a great shot. You're pretty good for a person who doesn't take pictures all the time." I acknowledged him.

"Oh really?" He asked.

"Yeah. You could have a talent in photography..." I said.

"A... talent?" He repeated.

"Yup! O-Oh I forgot!" I said and paused. I then muttered a quiet...

"Thank you."

"Huh?" He quietly said.

"Thank you for... spending time with me. I-I guess..." I blushed.

"No problem..." He said.

And then, it came back again. That photo opportunity...

Out of pure instinct, I grabbed my camera and focused its lens on Hajime whose back was turned away from me.

As soon as he turned to me, I pressed the shutter.

*click!*

Caught off guard, he turned to me and tried to get my camera.

"H-Hey! Didn't I tell you to warn me first?" He scoffed.

I laughed and flashed him a smile. I didn't notice his face when I smiled to him... He had a look on his face that I have never seen before.

Most of my photos contained smiles. People with smiles and joy. But this is the first time I saw someone with that expression.

'What?' My inner self questioned.

Is he really special? Or am I just seeing things?

"Mahiru? You okay?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah... Sorry." I shook it off.

We stood silent for a while. It became a bit awkward for us...

"Do you want to hang out again? Like tomorrow?" He asked me.

'Hang out?' I thought to myself.

"Mahiru... You're not as bad as I thought you would be..." He admitted.

"Huh?" I questioned. "Not as bad as you thought?".

"Yeah. You seemed like a person to hate guys, but you're actually pretty nice." He complemented me.

It was at that moment, I blushed a bright red. He saw the look on my face and his eyes widened.

"H-Hey... Don't do that. You boys are just a big pain to b-be with..." I criticized as I covered my face.

"S-Sorry..." He apologized.

"G-Goodbye..." I said, walking away from him.

"W-Wait!" I heard him say.

But I was too flustered to turn back. I just went straight to my cottage and laid on the bed.

"Why? Why am I so flustered?" I said aloud. My mind was all over the place after that. Hajime's comment never left my thoughts. It stuck with me...

And then, I remember the picture I took.

I got my camera and found the picture he took. It was a good shot for an ordinary person. Not too great but good enough.

And the next one was the one I took after that.

After looking at that picture, I let out a giggle.

'Did I just... giggle?' I thought to myself.

...

"Oh well..." I admitted. "Guess it couldn't be helped..."

Thank you.

'Thank you, Hajime'

=================

Note!: All of the pictures seen above are not done by me.

Next Chapter Title: 3 - Momento
Next Chapter Release: RELEASED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965 58 62
the other One-shot Book Unfortunately, I Can't Write on that anyone- So I Made a New one-
684K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
86.3K 1.7K 76
Just a book for those of you who want to know more about the Touhou-verse. Also if ur new to the fandom and would like to know more about the charact...
16.7K 494 62
Pal force Nick to be his best pal and stay in Percy's Playhouse FOREVER Playtime with Percy belongs to Fazie Funbear