๐๐‘๐„๐“๐“๐˜ ๐…๐€๐‚๐„ โ‡’ sugaw...

By -tsukkisenpai

In which first year Kawamoto Shiori takes on the role of dietitian for the boys volleyball club at Karasuno H... More

โ‡’ intro
โ‡’ prologue
โ‡’ chapter one
โ‡’ chapter two
โ‡’ chapter three
โ‡’ chapter four
โ‡’ chapter five
โ‡’ chapter six
โ‡’ chapter seven
โ‡’ chapter eight
โ‡’ chapter nine
โ‡’ author's note
โ‡’ chapter ten
โ‡’ chapter eleven
โ‡’ chapter twelve
โ‡’ chapter thirteen
โ‡’ chapter fourteen
โ‡’ chapter fifteen
โ‡’ chapter seventeen
โ‡’ chapter eighteen
โ‡’ chapter nineteen
โ‡’ chapter twenty
โ‡’ chapter twenty-one
โ‡’ chapter twenty-two
AUTHORSNOte

โ‡’ chapter sixteen

2.4K 155 21
By -tsukkisenpai

IN THE BLINK
of an eye, training camp was now taking place. Thanks to the team's efforts, Asahi and Nishinoya rejoined the Karasuno boys volleyball club with open hearts and big smiles. Unfortunately for Shiori, she was unable to be present due to period pains and sickness, but a certain somebody made sure that she did not miss a single event by texting her at every opportunity he could.

Now, the whole team was eating dinner that was prepared specially by Shimizu and Kawamoto, who both of which got to know each other much better and bond since after all, Shiori would be staying at the third year's house until the camp was over. Truthfully, the younger ravenette had no interest in staying in a place with only boys and Kiyoko had come to her rescue. Now, the dietician could only agree with Tanaka and Nishinoya that the older girl really was an angel.

The volleyball team clapped their hands together excitedly, happy to finally have something to eat. And not just anything, but food cooked from the hands of the lovely girls in the club.

"Thank you for the food!"

The girl was seated in between Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, who were both particularly slow eaters so conversation soon started. The three talked and laughed, making fun of their love-struck senpais who overate thanks to their adoration for the two girls.

"So, Shiori-chan," Tsukishima started, saying her name in a somewhat mocking tone. "What's up with you and our dearest Sugawara-san?"

The fifteen year old girl choked on her food at his questioning, flushing red and quickly looking around to see if anybody had heard only to find everyone minding their own buisness or talking to others.

"Tsukishima-kun," she replied as sweetly as she could, trying to mask any hint of anger. "I would really really, and I mean really appreciate it if you didn't say stuff like that when other people are around. But if I must answer your question, nothing is up. I'm just his cute little kouhai."

Tsukishima looked back at the table behind him where most of the club members were seated and let out a long hum.

"That's debatable taking into consideration the fact that he is currently staring at you like Daichi isn't even talking to him."

On instinct, the girl looked back at the table and her starry blue eyes met his golden brown ones for a split second before he immediately looked away, cheeks pink.

The girl rotated her head back to it's normal position and rolled her eyes, a bit flustered by the sudden eye contact.

"Your point?" She grumbled, stuffing her face with curry and rice right after.

Kei cringed at her messy eating and flicked her forehead.

"My point is that chances are he likes you," he told her, giving her a look that demostrated that it was obvious.

"That's the thing, just chances. It's not confirmed," Shiori reasoned, looking away as she swallowed the small amount of food that had been left on her plate.

"Kawamoto-san," the blond called out, "don't be an idiot."

She gritted her teeth, resisting the urge to lash out.

Why did everyone always think that things are as easy as ABC? Sure, she could confess to him and sure, maybe he would reciprocrate her feelings, but what then? In less than a year, he would be off to college and it was without question that he would forget about a mere to-be second year like her. Even if he didn't, long distance wasn't easy and many times didn't even end up working out. And what of her older sister? Surely, Hanae would not take the matter lightly and possibly resent her. Deep within the younger girl, she selfishly did not care much of her sibling's feelings for the gray-haired boy. It was the part she hated the most about herself.

"Hey idiot, most people left Sugawara's table and there's an empty seat next to him. If you don't want to be more stupid than you already are, sit next to him."

The first year let out a sigh, looking a the taller boy beside her.

"Do tell me, Tsukishima Kei, why do you help me?"

The bespectacled boy shrugged, placing his empty plate and fork on top of hers.

"It's painful to watch."

Was the last thing he said before getting up and exiting the room, a sly smirk taking place on his lips.

The girl sighed, knocking her forehead against the table.

Why was liking somebody so frustrated? Did she really like Sugawara or did she just want to be loved? If she risked it and didn't actually have real feelings for him, surely everyone would hate her and she'd deeply hurt not only him, but her sister too. Shiori didn't want that ever, but she would hurt him if she distanced herself from him.

Breaking her out of her deep thought, somebody pulled out the chair beside her and sat next to her.

Sugawara tilted his head, frowning gently as he looked at the girl who appeared to be tired.

"What's wrong?"

Kawamoto froze, her heart thumping against her chest as his warm voice rang through her ears. Her natural instinct was to spill to him everything that was frustrating her, but she swallowed down those tempting urges. It's just how Sugawara was. He was easy to talk to.

The girl raised her head and gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's nothing, just dishes," she lied, also internally groaning at the thought of dish duty.

"I'll help you, Shiori-chan. I don't have anything to do anyways... So shall we get started?"

Koushi stood up and reached his hand out to her.

The girl blinked, surprised by his answer, but quickly nodded and took his soft hand, standing up and taking one of the stacks of plates from the table.

"The plates from the other table have already been taken to the kitchen so don't worry about those," he assured her, taking the other stack in his arms.

The pair walked into the kitchen and quickly began to pick up any dirty pots or pans around them, before beginning to wash the dishes in the sink.

It was an easy system. They played a quick game of rock, paper, scissors, and Sugawara washed while she dried and put away.

Midway through washing dishes, the gray-haired boy cleared his throat— catching her attention.

"Shiori-san, can I ask you something?"

The ravenette tilted her head, curious of the sudden question coming from his lips.

"Of course."

"Are you and Tsukishima together?"

Silence crept into the kitchen as Shiori processed Sugawara's words, her eyes widening when she finally got it. The first year blinked, surprised, as she looked up at Sugawara, who's cheeks were turning pink at her quietness.

"N-no! Tsukishima and I are not dating nor do we like each other romantically... I promise!"

Suga sighed in relief and smiled at her, obviously pleased with her response.

"Why do you ask?"

He shook his head, handing her a plate to dry as he thought deeply before answering.

"I was just curious since you guys seem to spend an awful amount of time together... I was gonna say that it's not wise to date so early into the school year..."

Her heart deflated at his words and she looked away, clearing her throat and nodding.

"Yeah... You're right... I don't think I'll have to worry about something like that anyways," the girl replied, her dark blue eyes remaining on the plate she was drying in her hands.

Sugawara had no clue why he said that. It was the truth, a relationship so early into the school year is quite complicated but he regretted it. The third year couldn't help but feel like he didn't want her to believe such a thing if it was with him... But with Tsukishima? Koushi couldn't imagine it. Not even with Oikawa. Only with him, even if it was selfish. But despite all of this, he wasn't sure if he liked her or not.

"I see..."

An awkward tension spread through the atmosphere as the only sounds being heard were those of the dishes clanking together and the water rushing out of the faucet of the sink.

"Actually—"

"Ow!"

The boy quickly turned to Shiori who had cried out in sudden pain. A semideep cut took place on the girl's pointer finger, thick blood slowly seeping out of it.

Suga was quick to take action as grabbed her wrist and put her finger underneath the running water.

"I'll be right back, don't worry," he told her before running off to find the first aid kit they brought with them in case of an emergency.

True to his word, he quickly returned, turned off the sink, and sat her down in front of him. He was fast to work, treating it with antibiotic ointment and cream.

"I'm sorry," she apologized quietly, observing his every action. "For being bothersome. I came here to cook, to do dishes, to take care of any injuries yet... You're taking care of me."

"Don't even apologize or say something like that, Shiori-chan," Koushi told her in a stern voice, giving her a strict look. "It's nonsense."

It was in that moment, she realized. How his hands were on hers and how he was on his knees looking up at her with eyes full of tender love.

"Thank you, Koushi-kun."

She liked him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.1K 16
เผบ.๏ฝก.:*โœง๐™—๐™–๐™ ๐™ž ๐™—๐™–๐™ ๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™ž ๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ž ๐™ฌ๐™ค? โ—๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜บ๐˜ถ๐˜ถ!!๐˜น๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด & ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ด! โ—๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ...
356K 12.4K 49
ใƒใ‚คใ‚ญใƒฅใƒผ !! โ catching feelings after daily conversations and several packets of yogurt drinks next to a vending machine-yeah, that...
1.5M 47.3K 50
๐ค๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฒ๐š๐ฆ๐š ๐ข๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐š๐ง๐ญ. ๐š ๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž. - ๐™Ž๐™€๏ฟฝ...