Warrior Mine (jenlisa)

By jenlisas_girl

Assuming to walk alone for eternity, Lisa encounters deja vu in the most unusual way. But will another suitor... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - Part I
Chapter Ten - Part II
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Last Chapter)

Chapter Five

3.6K 167 17
By jenlisas_girl

The next morning; "Hey there pumpkin, how'd ya fare up?"

"Okay Daddy, we had coffee and sat, talked a bit. How about you?"

"Great, we walked along the lake, sat and had coffee, then walked some more"

"Uh huh...that's all?"

"She let me hold her hand...I was perfect gentleman."

"So when are you seeing her again?"

"Tuesday, she's prepping for a big case tonight for Monday morning. How about you?"

"Well, she asked me to dinner after we take in a museum" she said blandly.

"Hey, that's great sweetie"

"Eh, I guess"

"What?" he asked with a bit of concern, "You alright? Do you not want that?"

"She just...I don't know," Jennie said with an edge of confusion "she just doesn't make me feel...comfortable. Almost a weird feeling around her"

"Well baby, if you don't feel comfortable, don't go. I'll not have you feeling obligated to keep her company cause you think it will make things easier for her mom and me."

"No Daddy, its okay. Maybe it's cause I don't know her; that's all. I'll be fine"

"Only if you're sure honey"

"Yeah Daddy, I'll be fine. Well I'm going to run a few errands and be back later. She'll be stopping by to pick me up for the museum around 1 p.m. See ya later Daddy" Jennie kissed her father's head and left.

Jennie was just putting on her jacket when she heard a car pull up along the circular driveway.

Stepping out of the house, she locked the door behind her as Irene opened her car door and stood, leaning an arm on the roof of the car "Hey there, you ready to go?"

"Yep, let's go" Jennie said as she got in the car, buckling herself in she noticed a sticker on the dashboard of the sleek BMW convertible that it was a rental.

"You look nice" Irene complimented while she drove into the city.

"Thank you"

"So, any preference to which museum?"

"Well, do you have a particular genre you'd like to see? There's the Arts Museum, then my favorite the Antiquities Museum and then..."

"Well, let's do your favorite; at least one of us will know what the things are then, eh?"

"Okay, let's"

The short drive was done in sporadic silence as Jennie really couldn't find a subject she wanted to discuss.

...

"So this statute here is depicting Zeus defeating Chronos in the Titanomachy" Jennie spoke with a passion of the arts as they walked amongst them in the museum.

"Do you think any of this is true? That any of these GODS existed and wasn't some escape of reality some poor peasant made up to blame his life's misery upon?" Irene asked skeptically.

"No, I believe they existed and they guided the people in the manner befitting their time"

"Hmm, interesting" Irene commented as she walked along some relics.

"Do you not believe they existed?" Jennie asked from where she still stood in front of the statute.

"Yes and no," Irene turned to answer looking about the hall, "I believe a few were real enough, possibly, but that some were out of someone's creative imagination."

"How can you only believe in a few being real?"

"Just my hard fast belief that one or two could have been vs. the rest. Say, it's close to closing time, how about that dinner?" Irene staved off any remark Jennie could have replied with.

"Yeah, sure"

"Great, there's a little bistro that used to be about ten minutes from here when I last visited, sound okay to you?"

Jennie nodded.

Irene led them back to the car and they drove in silence yet again.

"So, thanks for joining me today. It's nice to have the company of a beautiful intelligent woman for a change" Irene complimented as they looked over the menu.

"Um, you're welcome" a mildly embarrassed Jennie replied."It's true, you are very attractive Jennie and very knowledgeable. I was very pleased that you accepted my invitation."

"Well, I must be honest; I take any opportunity offered to go to the museum."

"And here I thought some part of the acceptance was to be in my company" Irene said as she feigned a hurt expression.

"Oh no, I didn't mean it like that" Jennie put a hand up in halting supplication.

Irene laughed, "Only kidding Jennie, I understand what you meant"

A slightly embarrassed Jennie gave a small self deprecating smile and chuckle, "So, do you not meet attractive intelligent women in your travels?"

"Yes and no; attractive but airheads or average and Einstein, the ones with both are for the most part married or straight. Those that I've met that aren't, usually aren't around for a second date..."

"...due to your travels" Jennie finished for her unaware that it was not the reason but Irene did not correct her.

They placed their orders and talked a bit more of the museum and other things.

"Do you get to see your mother often?"

"When my travels bring me close to home and I have time in between, how about you? Your father seems nice; your mom must be upset that he's seeing my mother."

"Um, no. She's dead."

"Oh Jennie, I'm sorry, I didn't ..."

"Its okay. She died when I was a baby so it's history" Jennie finished for her.

"Your father never remarried?"

"No, business and taking care of me was enough. He's got a lot more time now though."

"Lucky for me, otherwise I'd never be with you tonight."

'Whoa, what did she just say?!' Jennie thought to herself.

Their food was finished in light conversation that Jennie actually enjoyed.

"Care for a walk?" Irene asked.

"I..."

"Just a small stroll, not long I promise" Irene insisted seeing Jennie's hesitancy.

"Okay, small stroll, then back as I have to prep for work tomorrow."

"Promise" Irene said while mimicking an X mark over her heart for sincerity.

They walked along the boutique shops and cafés, stopping once or twice to admire an item in a store front display.

At one stop, Irene stood to Jennie's side, "You have a lovely scent about you, what perfume do you wear?"

Jennie nearly jumped out of her skin and blinked at the closeness, "Uh...I ...sorry um, I'm not wearing any" she said as she moved a few step away.

"Hmm, perhaps your shampoo or clothes" Irene said turning away, "Well, lets get you back eh?"

Jennie nodded and they headed back.

Driving up Jennie's circular driveway Irene parked and exited the car escorting her up to the door, "Thank you once again for today. Maybe we could do another lunch or dinner?"

"Sure"

"Great," Irene stepped closer taking Jennie's hand, "It has been a great evening Jennie," she looked deeply into Jennie's eyes with her dark ones, sending Jennie into another slight trance.

Leaning into Jennie, Irene inhaled deeply "...you smell sweetly divine Jennie, something I mean to sample..."

The rustling of a bush caused Irene to stop her lean in and to look over her shoulder; turning back to Jennie she placed a kiss to Jennie's cheek instead.

Irene spoke again while still holding onto Jennie's hand and then took a step back, "Well, thank you for the evening's company" releasing her hand, Jennie's trance was broken.

"Um, yeah...sorry...phased out there for a second, must be tired. I'll um, catch you later. Good night" Jennie said entering into her home and closing the door behind her.

Irene turned and walked to her car and stopped. She looked out into the night and lifted her head a bit to sniff the air for a moment, and then shrugging her shoulder as if dismissing the thought she got into her car and then drove away.

As the car turned out into the street, a shadowed figure stepped out from behind the bush, looked from the retreating car to the house and then, faster than human eyes could track, took off in a blur into the city.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.2K 38
One summer changed their life but what will happen if their paths crossed again? #1 -#lisamanoban (02-2020) ❤️
58.5K 4K 64
What happens when two souls who plan to kill themselves meet each other on the very night they are expected to lose their lives? Will they change one...
17.6K 707 25
And then there was you, Just standing there staring at us. What was your next move? Nobody knows not even you.
387K 13.4K 45
A story about two souls bound to their past. One without a heart, and one without a soul. What if fate decides to bind them twice? What if their pas...