The Marriage/ James Sirius Po...

By im0a0slytherin

James S. Potter has loved Arabella Malfoy since 1st Year. As events throughout their years at Hogwarts bring... More

Cast
First Year: Meeting James
Second Year: Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy
Third Year: Just a little help
Fourth Year: The Ball
Fifth Year: Quidditch Accident
Sixth Year: Truth or Dare
A/N
Head Boy and Head Girl
Amortentia
Starlight Ball
Muggle Studies
Get to know the Author!!!
IN LOVE
At the Potter's
Pictures and Misters
So this is Christmas
This is the New Year!
Astronomy
Day Out
The Confession
They really do
Bathe me in Holy Water for this Announcement
Jealousy's a good look on you (Part 1)
Jealousy's a good look on you (Part 2)
'Till .... School do us part?
Time of our Lives

Soulmates?

2.1K 29 6
By im0a0slytherin

Thank you for all of your kind comments and votes. Now I would like to introduce our newest character the fabulous Lucas Jade Zumann playing Elijah Greengrass-Smith.

Bella's POV

Mine and Scorp's cousin is transferring to Hogwarts for the last few months as he and his family moved back to England from France where they attended Beauxbatons. Not many people know that we have a cousin but they know about my Aunt, Daphne Greengrass. She had a son with her husband Terrance Smith, Elijah Greengrass Smith. But in public, he doesn't go by Greengrass also just Smith as he enjoys the infamous and known life just because of his last name.

He was our only cousin or relative my age, so we are rather close. He was about to get sorted when Professor Longbottom called his name, 'Smith, Elijah' he walked up and sat on the chair as Longbottom put the Sorting hat on his head. After a few moments the hat roared 'Ravenclaw', I cheered happily as I felt James next to me tense up and go into deep thought. I haven't told him about my cousin coming just because it doesn't seem important and I want to keep my promise to 'Lijah by keeping as little people with the knowledge of who he is.

He smiled over at me as he walked down the steps to the cheering table in blue robes. I saw Scorp clapping as well with a smile, Elijah was like the older brother he never had so he looked up to him. Everyone stopped clapping and went back to what they were doing. I ate my food in silence with James on my right and Dom on my left. We sat the Slytherin table, with the others eating Breakfast. James still seemed deep in thought after I smiled to Elijah, I just shrugged it off and went back to eating my toast.

James POV

Why was she clapping so loudly for this Elijah guy, was he an old friend of hers or old boyfriend whom she's still on good terms with? It doesn't matter, she would tell me about him later, but I can't help but get this uneasy feeling that he might be a threat towards me. We have Herbology first so I'll have plenty of time to think, unless today is the day that we are going in the fields.

We stood up and walked out of the castle to see Professor Sprout standing in front of the Greenhouses, I stood with Fred and Arabella next to me. Bella spoke with Dom excitedly about what I assume is Teddy and Vicky's wedding. Professor spoke up loudly when we were all gathered around her.

"Today we will be learning about one of the oldest trees on Hogwarts ground. The Whomping Willow. Many of you know that the Willow moves rapidly at its approaches, but it only still moves for one reason and one reason. Love. As long as there is true love in Hogwarts the tree will keep moving and protect what it stands for." she started walking towards the path leading to the Willow. I saw many faces surprised at what she said, I never knew that the Willow was a symbol of love.

"The tree was planted by Hogwarts first soulmates, they engraved their initials into the small tree and put a spell on it, whenever a new pair of soulmates came together the willow would engrave their initials into its wood. Only people who have found their one true love can see the initials of every couple written in the person's handwriting." she pulled out her wand and made the tree stay still. "Everyone gather around the tree and look if you can see the initials of the ones before you and perhaps you can find yours if you can see"

We all walked around the tree and some smiled as they could some initials other frowned when the couldn't. Dominique smiled brightly as she pulled Bella over to where she was standing. I walked over to them and saw a dozen hearts with letters and little symbols. I saw Bella must have also seen them because she traced her hand over one heart that said D.M+A.G, "Those are my parents, Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass" she smiled at the engraved symbol. Dom dragged her to look at other ones as well, while I tried to find mine, hoping that its Bella.

"James, Bella!" we heard Roxy call from around the tree (it's a big tree), I walked towards her and looked at where she was staring, Bella came with Dom and averted her gaze from the Tree to me and back.

Dom had a growing smirk that turned into a huge smile, on the tree in a heart were the initials J.P+A.M, mine and Arabella's initials in both of our handwriting. My eyes grew wide and I looked at her as she stared at the heart and back to me.

"My ship has sailed!! You're soulmates! I'm going to be a bridesmaid at your actual wedding!" Dom jumped up and down with Rox. I blushed a deep red at the thought of Bella and I in the future. I saw her blushing beet red but not saying anything but staring at another spot at the bottom of the tree.

"Well Dom it seems that you also have your soulmate," she said pointing at the heart with Dom's clear initials.

Dom blushed deeper red than Fred's hair.
When Professor Sprout called us back to the Greenhouse, to get our bags and head to our next class, Potions. I still couldn't get over the shock and happiness that Bella was my soulmate, but even after knowing that we are, I'm still going to have to get her to admit her feelings which I know she has. Although first I should figure out this Elijah Smith character and how he's connected to Bella. They do look a little alike but I can't figure out why they do. 

I saw Bella rush up steps back to Hogwarts as if she was in a hurry to get to class early, as I was in front of most people I decided to walk after her to see keep her company and hopefully discuss the Whomping Willow story. 

One I walked into the Dungeons I saw Bella run up to someone and hug them tight as they pinned her around. Once they let her down, I saw that it was Elijah. I got an overwhelming feeling of anger and jealousy, but decided to walk up further and listen to what they were talking about. 

"It's so great to see you again 'Lijah!" Bella said with a bright smile, "It's great to see you too Bella, its great to see you and Scorp again" Elijah answered. "I know from mother that you got caught in some Marriage project and are 'married' to someone?" he asked her with what seemed like a teasing smile. Bella blushed lightly and answered, while I still stood behind the pillar pretending to look at the Painting just in case I got caught. 

"Yes, it was mandatory for everyone, but I'm quite happy with my partner!" 

Students started coming into the hall and I decided to blend in with them, Elijah kept talking to her but I couldn't hear because of the loud chatter from the other students. We walked into class and Elijah and Bella sat next to each other as I sat behind them in an empty spot. 

"James! Elijah this is James the one that's my 'husband' for the Marriage project" she said when she turned around and saw me, she used her finger to accent the word 'husbands' 

Elijah stuck his hand and I shook it with a sceptical looks. "Pleasure to meet you, James, I hope you're treating Bella correctly," he said 

"Always" I answered pulling back my hand. The class started as Professor Slughorn walked in and started his lecture about some potion. 

Bella's POV

I sat next to Elijah during Potions trying my best to concentrate on what he was saying but my mind kept on wandering back to what was written on the Whomping Willow. I know that I like James but I just can't seem to find the courage to tell him much less discuss the topic of being soulmates. Speaking of James, he seems sceptical around Elijah as if he had his guard up. I wonder if he caught on that we looked a little alike because our mothers are sisters and almost identical but yet different. 

It's going to be a stress full week as James and I still have to finish planning the second last Ball of the year before the Graduation Dance for the 7th years, we already decided on a theme for the Ball which is going to be Medival times. It is planned for Sunday so we still have sometime

Elijah nudged me as Professor Slughorn assigned us to brew the Potion of everlasting bones (I made that up), "You know that you should tell him that I'm your cousin, otherwise I might end up with a black eye if I keep talking to you so naturally and it seems that if looks could kill I would have been dead the second you clapped for me when I was sorted" he whispered. 

"Are you sure? It is your secret and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable also James would never hurt anyone just for looking at me" I said, he gave me a look like 'seriously'

"Sweet cousin, no need to worry he is family already so its no worries." he smiled

"Alright, I'll tell him on Sunday when we have the Ball. Its only Monday so you can think about it if you change your mind" I said adding the final ingredients as he stirred the kettle changing the deep green colour into an ash white colour like bones. 

We were dismissed and 'Lijah and I both had Free period so I caught him up on the entire Soulmate situation. After the day ended I sat next to James at the Slytherin table, with an awkward silence between us. 

I walked back to our room and changed into my Nightwear. Once hit the mattress I was out like along, but once I felt the other side of the bed sink, I knew it was James who came to sleep as well. I pretended to sleep but move so that I would be facing him. As we laid there and his small snores broke the silence, I laid my head on his chest and cuddled into him, enjoying his warmth and the feeling of his chest rising with every breath he took. I wrapped his arm around me unconsciously as I fell asleep listening to his little snores and the comfort of his arm around me. 

Hope you liked this chapter and the new added Character, I didn't want to add a random person to play a threat against James, it would be more fun if, in the end, he will find out that Elijah is just her cousin. Also the Whomping Willow story is completely made up by me so its not real. Thank you for wanting to know what happens next! 

See you soon ladides and thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.2K 65
BOOK: 2 Harry Potter is starting his third year at Hogwarts. Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban. Remus Lupin is teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts...
42.5K 1.1K 8
Lilliana (Lillie) Lupin is just starting her seventh year with her twin brother and best friends. The only catch: she's in love with one of them. Whe...
152K 3K 26
James Potter has always been infatuated with Lily Evans. It was common knowledge at this point. But when a certain Arabella Silvers enters his life...
2.8K 310 21
𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞...