Can We Love

נכתב על ידי TheMiddleChild6368

(Y/N) was to be married to Kakashi Hatake. A ninja from the Leaf Village her family was allied to. But she di... עוד

Gorgeous Was Reserved For Her
How Could He Do This To Me?
How Can I Make Nice?
Who The Fuck Did My Mother Hire?
Only If We Steal The Food
I'm Glad You Stayed
Fuck. I Forgot To Give You Pants
Lord Chiza Missed His Chance
Infamous Sharingan
Smells Nice
They All Want Fucking Snacks
What The Hell
Like Mother Always Said
Woof
God He's Beautiful
I Don't Need You, But I Want You

That's...Cool?

9.1K 376 221
נכתב על ידי TheMiddleChild6368

Yawning I shifted in bed, turning over and rubbing my face into the pillow.

For three tranquil seconds I languished in the feeling of the soft bed, but then I snapped my eyes open and shot up looking around with blurry eyes.

Kakashi was nowhere to be found.

Rubbing my eyes and huffing I climbed out of his bed, flushing as I realized my state of undress. I was wearing another silk nightgown.

Tiptoeing out of the room I sneaked to the end of the hallway, peeking past it and to the kitchen.

Kakashi was standing in front of the sink.

Surprised, I had expected him to be gone already as it was past the time he usually left, I pulled my gown's neckline up and shuffled over. 

“Isn’t your team waiting for you?” I asked, going for casual but ending up awkward.

Kakashi tensed before turning around with an eye-smile.

I stared at him for a minute debating what to say.

Biting my lip I walked over to the counter to grab a cup. 

“So last night-” 

“I’m sorry, that was out of line. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” Kakashi’s tone was sharp at first, but smoothed out forcefully, making his posture tense but placating. 

“I wasn’t- That’s not, Kakashi last night you…had a nightmare? Want to talk about it?” I stumbled over my words, blushing as I remembered his body molding to mine.

It wasn’t unpleasant, but admitting that wasn’t easy. 

“Ahh, thank you for your concern but I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” He said casually as if he didn’t just snap at me a minute before.

I bit my lip and studied him a moment longer before sighing and dropping it. 

“Alright, but I’m here if you-” 

“Thanks but I’m fine.”

A heavy silence hung in the air like a noose hung from a fan and the chair I’m on is shrinking.

I reluctantly nodded and kept my mouth shut.

Kakashi sighed and ran a hand down his masked face, looking more tired than I’ve ever seen him. 

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled and I just nodded again.

Seemingly unsatisfied with my response he took my hands in his, encasing them with warmth.

He didn’t smile, not even the stupid eye-smile he used when he didn’t want to convey his emotions, or when he wanted to piss someone off, he just stared into my eyes, pleading and guilty. 

“Really, I’m sorry. I’m just…the nightmare just made me a little agitated alright? I’m sorry I took it out on you.” His voice was soft and gentle, cradling me into forgiving him.

But I wasn’t mad, I just didn’t know what to say. Didn’t want him snapping at me again. 

“Yeah, I get it.” I said, at last, realizing he wasn’t going to drop it until I spoke.

Kakashi still seemed unsatisfied and his jaw clenched.

Sighing, he stepped back and ran his anxious fingers through his hair, eyeing me with his onyx eye. 

“So…The Sharingan?” I asked, changing the subject and turning to get some water.

Kakashi leaned heavily against the table. 

“Yeah, I, uh, it was given to me?” He said as a way of explanation.

I raised a brow at him but he seemed too uncomfortable to continue. 

“Thats…cool?” I responded, biting my cheek.

We fell into an awkward silence for a moment. 

“Right, so I should go. The team’s probably waiting for me.” He says hastily, practically jumping from his spot at the ledge of the table and running out the door.

I watched him go silently, confused, and worried about our conversation.

He was a ninja, I knew he must have some trauma, but stumbling upon it was still troubling.

Shaking my head I headed to my room to get ready, I have a big day ahead of me. 

Once done I locked up the apartment and made my way through Konoha.

I wasn’t sure exactly where but I knew Asuma trained with his team on ground eight, hopefully, I could ask around a little and find him. 

It wasn’t easy, but eventually, after asking almost everyone I saw, I made it to training ground eight.

Asuma and his team were, thankfully, there and seemed to be sparring. I watched patiently, awed that such young children could be so skilled.

The ninja life was really something else, compared to mine at least.

Eventually, the spars ended as Asuma directed the children to take a rest.

Then he jogged over to me with a pleased little smile. 

“Lady (Y/N), it’s been a while.” He said, sliding an arm over my shoulder to give me a side hug. 

“Asuma, it’s wonderful to see you. And please, it’s just (Y/N) now, (Y/N) (L/N).” I smiled but then pursued my lips.

“Or wait, no it’s (Y/N) Hatake now.”

Asuma rubbed the back of his neck before lighting a cigarette.

Shaking my head I got back to the task at hand. 

“Asuma, if…someone like me was to look for somewhere to work…where, uh, where would I go?” I squeaked out, blushing at my incompetence.

Asuma seemed to think for a moment before his eyes lit up. 

“The Hokage tower! The Old Man’s been dying over paperwork, he just fired his last secretary too. If you want you can come with us, my team’s got a mission to sign up for and we’re heading there.”

I blinked, taken aback by my luck.

But then I bit my lip. 

“I don’t know, the Hokage is the most powerful man in the Village, being bad at a job specific to him…” I groaned anxiously.

Asuma gave a light chuckle and patted my shoulder. 

“Don’t worry, you’ll do fine. Come on, it’s worth a try right?” He asked encouragingly and I nodded miserably.

“Why do you want to work anyways? I thought Kakashi was taking care of everything?” 

“I don’t need him to!” I snapped at him, glaring.

Asuma held his hands up in surrender. 

“I just meant that as a-” 

“I’m well aware I’m financially set.” I growled through grit teeth.

Sniffing, I looked away hotly.

“Mother always said a wife belonged in the home, but I’m going crazy doing nothing all day.”

Then I dropped into a mumble, glaring at the grass.

“Besides, it’s not like I have anyone to keep me company.”

There was a pause before Asuma started laughing.

Glaring at him I crossed my arms like a pouting child.

Asuma chuckled and nodded before rounding up his team.

They groaned and whined as they stood on sweaty legs. 

“Alright team, we’re heading to Hokage Tower for a mission, (Y/N) will join us.” Asuma informed them and we all started walking to the tower. 

“It’s not Lady (Y/N) anymore?” Shikamaru asked as he yawned obnoxiously, Ino yelled at him to cover his mouth and he just scowled at her.

Smiling warmly I nodded at them.

Ino eyed me with apprehension, probably confused about my attitude adjustment. 

“Weird. Asuma-Sensei really drilled the title into us.” Choji said between mouthfuls and I raised an eyebrow.

Ino face-palmed and shook her head. 

“Well, the title doesn’t fit anymore.” I said with a bittersweet smile, losing my status wasn’t something I wanted, but I wouldn’t trade it, not now at least. 

“Because you’re married?” Shikamaru drawled lazily, eyeing my hand.

I looked down at it, the diamond ring glinting in the sunlight.

Kakashi said I didn’t have to wear it, but when I saw the sleek silver on his finger I knew that I would.

The ring was small, the band silver and encrusted with two tiny rubies on each side of the slightly larger diamond in the middle.

I liked to fidget with it, the same way I play with the necklace tucked securely under my collar, absently and lovingly. 

“Yes, while the marriage had many perks to my family, I am no longer a daimyo's daughter.”

Absently I reached for the charm around my neck, nudging at the ruby before finding the tag and softly tracing the engravings.

Shikamaru stayed quiet then and I could tell his gears were turning.

Asuma brought us into the Hokage Tower and I traced the same steps I took my first day here.

Kurenai and three children walked out of the Hokage’s office, she gave Asuma a secret smile and followed the bickering boys down the hall, a girl shuffling behind her.

We filed into the office and I stepped off to the side a bit. 

“Lady (Y/N), it’s wonderful to see you. How has things been? Are you moved in comfortably?” The Sandaime asked, smoking his pipe.

I cringed a little, remembering the money my mother snatched off his desk.

Schooling my face into a polite smile I nodded to him.

He hummed, eyeing me before deciding whatever he was thinking wasn’t important enough to address.   

“Team Eight, are you ready for another D-Mission?” He asked instead, turning to Asuma and the children.

The kids gave respectful nods, well as respectful they can get with their personalities, that is.

The Hokage set to dueling out missions and I looked around the room.

It was a large, mostly empty space aside from the enormous desk and endless paperwork. Large windows lined the back wall, overlooking the Village. 

“(Y/N) was looking for some work. I thought she could help you out around the office.” Asuma’s voice cut through my assessment of the room and I snapped my head back to the Hokage, who was now looking at me.

Clearing my throat I nodded and stood a little straighter, Mothers teachings pushing through me. 

“Yes, Asuma said that you could use an assistant, I was wondering if a position was open?”

Of course, I already knew that it was, Asuma said so.

The Sandaime hummed and stroked his beard before nodding. 

“That would be very helpful, but I do hope Kakashi isn’t forcing you to work, your mother insisted on somebody financially stable.”

I bit the inside of my cheek and forced myself to relax. 

“No sir, I merely wish to work. Kakashi has been wonderful.” I say through gritted teeth, what was with everyone assuming I was forced? 

Kakashi is a good man, he’ll take care of you.’

I thought back to Asuma’s statement. 

I don’t need someone to take care of me, I just need someone to care about me.’ I had responded harshly to him.

Had he not understood?

Kakashi doesn’t have to take care of me, I’m a grown woman.

Why can’t anyone see that?

The Sandaime hummed again and gave Asuma some paper.

Asuma took it and winked at me before ushering the children out of the room.

They each gave me a passing glance before the door swung shut. 

“Alight (Y/N), first things first. I need you to organize the paperwork.”    

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

5K 150 16
You and Kakashi met briefly while you were kids. Since you always admired him you always watched him closely when you had the chance since you weren...
55.3K 1.5K 30
KAKASHI X FEM! READER **THIS IS AN 18+ FIC, NO CHILDREN PLEASE** Y/N: When my brother Shisui was murdered, I was pulled out of the Anbu by the third...
4.1K 82 9
After the death of the Fourth Hokage and his Wife, Y/N started becoming alone. Y/N wasn't used to it, because it was quiet. The only household Y/N u...