Can We Love

By TheMiddleChild6368

(Y/N) was to be married to Kakashi Hatake. A ninja from the Leaf Village her family was allied to. But she di... More

How Could He Do This To Me?
How Can I Make Nice?
Who The Fuck Did My Mother Hire?
Only If We Steal The Food
I'm Glad You Stayed
Fuck. I Forgot To Give You Pants
Lord Chiza Missed His Chance
Infamous Sharingan
That's...Cool?
Smells Nice
They All Want Fucking Snacks
What The Hell
Like Mother Always Said
Woof
God He's Beautiful
I Don't Need You, But I Want You

Gorgeous Was Reserved For Her

21.9K 471 862
By TheMiddleChild6368

Light filtered through the creaks of the heavy red drapes that were hung against the large glass windows.

It lit up the large room, basking it with a comfortable warmth.

I sighed, it was days like this that always found a way to ruin me.

I always felt content to just drift off to sleep, the gentle warmth lulling me away. 

Knock knock…

“My Lady? The Headmistress wishes to speak with you. Are you awake yet?”

Blinking the blurriness from my eyes I tried to clear the fog from my head.

“My Lady?” 

“Yes, please come in.” I rasped out, voice cracking from unuse.

Clearing my throat I untangled myself from the heavy blankets and crawled out of bed.

The woman walked in tentatively and immediately set to work. She pulled the blinds open despite my answering growl and began to make my bed.

Batting her hands away I made her forget the endeavor in favor of pulling me towards the bathroom. 

“Lisa! Please, what’s the hurry?” I asked as she roughly undressed me.

Attempting to stop her hands I pushed them away and undressed by myself.

Slipping into the bath I sank into the heated water with a pleasant sigh.

Lisa picked up the discarded clothes and threw them into a hamper. 

“The Headmistress wishes to speak with you shortly. She didn’t sound very pleased.”

Lisa bowed respectfully.

“I will be back with some breakfast. Please be dressed by the time I return My Lady.”

Then she slipped out of the bathroom silently.

Washing my face with the soothing water I tried to shake my nerves.

Lisa seemed worried, and I don’t blame her. My mother wasn’t the friendly type, if I kept her waiting who knows what will happen to the poor servants in her sight. 

Lisa was a pretty woman, with short black hair and pretty brown eyes. Her cheeks were round and rosy, an average figure and lightly tanned skin. She was kind, but not friendly. Quiet and submissive, but not a pushover.

Lisa was handpicked as a background filler.

She wasn’t too pretty to outshine, but she wasn’t too unappealing to cause a commotion.

No, Mother would never allow anyone of either classification to work in the Manor. 

They were supposed to be a background for her, a blank canvas that never drew attention away from her.

The only exception was me.

She made sure I stood out, but never outshined her.

She wanted me to find a wealthy husband, and to do that I have to look beautiful, but never gorgeous.

Gorgeous was reserved for her. 

Getting out of the tub I went to fetch some clothing. Pulling on a simple white dress I went to sit at my vanity and began to brush my hair.

Mother was certainly beautiful, a voluptuous physique, shining jewels for eyes, and pretty lush hair always pulled up into some sort of fancy updo.

But despite her beauty, she still craves more.

Every dance, every dinner, I see her attempt to suck out every beautiful thing in the room. 

“Wonderful! Now, eat up, I sense the Headmistress growing impatient.” Lisa exclaimed as she set a silver platter beside me.

Diving in, I stuffed my face with the simple breakfast.

Once done Lisa ushered me out of the room, hasty hands pushing me down the hall and towards my mother's chamber.

Once I stood in front of the door, Lisa bowed politely and scampered away.

I looked to the gold handle of the mahogany door, simple and unassuming to the anxiety that hits me every time I attempt to use it.

Shaking myself I steeled my expression and stood up straight, opening the door carefully. 

“Hello Mother. Lisa informed me you requested my presence.” I said awkwardly, trying not to wring my hands.

Mother stood by the window, her back to me. 

“Well, it’s about time. You took quite a while child.” She snapped at me, finally turning around.

Her stern expression twisted sharply into a grin.

It unnerved me.

“Now that you’re here, I can finally share the wonderful news!” She clapped her hands happily and went to her large vanity.

It was bigger than mine, painted silver to contrast her darker walls.

She beckoned me over and pushed me into the plush seat of the vanity.

The perfectly manicured hands on my shoulders felt like stone.

She brought her face close to mine and looked into the mirror, smiling. 

“You are finally useful my dear.” She whispered before standing back up and walking around to face me.

“I finally found you a husband!”

Shocked, I stared at her in disbelief. 

“What? But Mother-”

I was flabbergasted, my heart felt like a rock in my chest.

My mother cut me off harshly. 

“Are you not happy? You ungrateful little brat! I go through the effort of hunting down a husband and you discard all my efforts!”

Her face flushed red in rage and I bent my head low. 

“No Mother. That is not what I meant. I was merrily confused, this was quite sudden.”

I tried to fix her mood, relenting to her will. 

“Good. Now, the wedding will be next week. There is much to do!”

Snapping my head up I tried to reel in my rage.

Taking a deep breath I gripped the fabric of my dress desperately. 

“That is rather soon Mother, I don’t even know his name.”

She tutted and began to pace. 

“His name is Kakashi Hatake. I had attempted to gain the Sandaime’s son but that request was refused. It seems the Sandaime believes in free will or something.”

She waved her hand dismissively.

 “For how long he’s been doing this I’m surprised he still believes in that. Everything is arranged for a greater goal dear, when I married your father it was to bring peace between our families. Marrying Hatake will show our loyalty to the Leaf Village. As a Daimyo's daughter it is your job to further the influence of our family. What better way than marrying a man with a high possibility of reaching Hokage status?"

I gaped at my mother, rage simmering low in my gut. But years of experience taught me the proper way to deal with her. 

“What exactly is his status?” I asked, attempting to keep her happy. 

“He is currently a Jonin, but he had reached ANBU Captain before. Many have attempted a marriage with him, as he is quite the eligible bachelor. How lucky you are that he said yes!” 

“He agreed to this?” I asked, confusion momentarily overtaking my anger. 

“Yes! It certainly took me by surprise, I mean, dear you aren’t exactly wife material. But! I sent in a request and he just accepted!”

Hurt hit me at her little jab. She claimed I would never satisfy my husband, I was too pig-headed and useless around the house.

“So he gets to choose but I don’t?” I asked meekly, gulping around a rock in my throat. 

“Exactly dear. I’m glad you understand. Now, we are setting out in an hour, be sure to pack everything you need. We will stay in a guest building the Sandaime has offered us. Once the wedding is done you will move in with Hatake. With the money the Sandaime is paying I’ll finally be able to buy that dress I’ve wanted…” My mother trailed off, mumbling to herself as she busied herself around the room. 

“The money? What do you mean? Is…is the Sandaime buying me?” I asked, standing up harshly, knocking over her nail polish bottles that were scattered about the vanity. 

“Watch your tone! And no he’s not buying you! Who would ever buy you?” She yelled, incredulously, hinting that being bought would have been an honor. 

“He bought a well mannered girl that wouldn’t cause any trouble! Obviously I overqualified your wife capabilities. No wife would cause this much trouble over such an opportunity! You ungrateful child!” She roared at me, yanking on my hair. 

“When I married your halfwit of a father I knew my place! It’s well past time you learned yours!”

Then she let go and I ran out, tears streaming down my cheeks but never making a peep.

I would have plenty of time to cry when Hatake is out on missions and I am left all alone and miserable. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 51.3K 73
Asoka Rose is an isolated girl who lives her life in her fantasy. Her sanity had been lost long ago. And as she is transported into the Naruto World...
5.1K 150 16
You and Kakashi met briefly while you were kids. Since you always admired him you always watched him closely when you had the chance since you weren...
3.1K 60 10
Naruto has been ridiculed and shamed. His heart was torn into shreds as he never felt more useless in his life. Moreover, this caused him to drop th...
255K 10.6K 76
I know the Naruto series is like old news, but my fiance just got me started on it and I am practically obsessed. Also, I've decided that there's jus...