Twisties

By Wikitiki16

Twins Tara and Tatiana Wynne are living in the infamous Southern Gardens. Despite being rampant with poverty... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 8

2 1 0
By Wikitiki16

Chapter 8

Tara

I hadn't seen or talked to Deon since the yacht party thanks to Mr. Ully. I missed him so much, but I was feeling some type of way too. Dude never bothered to call me to see if I was okay. I could've sailed to another country or ended up becoming shark food. There was just no excuse for him not to check up on me and that's why I power walked all the way to Cub Haze Saturday morning. I'd been waiting all week to see Deon. I just didn't know if I was going to kiss him or punch him first.

My arrival was announced when I kicked open his office door before going inside.

Deon was sitting in the room by himself, legs on top of his black desk. He was resting like nothing was wrong, hands behind his head and eyes closed. He looked very peaceful.

"What the fuck!" I yelled, breaking the peace. I heard him sigh deeply from across the room. Slowly, he took his legs off the desk and brushed off the imaginary dirt. He was taking his sweet time, like he had all the time in the world.

"Hello!" I yelled again. He wasn't moving fast enough for me.

"Hello babe." Uncaring as always.

I went right up to his desk and got in his face, breath and all. "Are you serious?"

Deon held up his hand, telling me to shush. "I knew you weren't dead or eaten by something because I had someone check up on you. You were still on the bathroom floor refusing to move and being a bitch. And then I heard you were going to school for the rest of the week. I didn't call you because there's been some new...things taking place. I also have your wallet so your drunk ass wouldn't lose it. Yes, I care about you." Deon signaled behind me. Someone came up to us with a white container and a sprite. "Here, have some oxtail. I'm sorry."

Damn, he didn't let me get a word in. Now I had to shut up and eat my food. I sat down with as much attitude as I could. I glared at Deon as I threw open the lid of the container and stabbed my fork into a piece of meat. As soon as it hit my mouth, it was all over. I was all smiles now.

"Freaking delicious." That's all I said as I shoved my face with food. I hadn't realized I was hungry.

Deon stared at me as I ate. "Better?"

I nodded, paying attention to my food. It took me about 10 minutes to finish everything. I slumped back in the chair and burped. "Ah, satisfied," I said rubbing my tummy and using the sleeve of my shirt to wipe my face.

Deon shook his head. "Glad to hear."

"So, what's been up while I've been gone?" I wondered if I missed anything good.

Deon folded his hands under his chin, his beard brushing against the sleeves of his button up.

"Stingy been working on a new product, something he wants to introduce soon. This is supposed to make up for our losses."

"Oh okay." Boring drug business stuff.

"But it's just one thing after another," Deon sighed. "I got people leaving me. No one wants to sell anymore. So now I'm short on staff."

"I'm sorry to hear that baby," I said trying to be nice.

"Yeah. I think it's got something to do with that kid and whoever he's working for. Everything been going south ever since he came around. I gotta find him." I had goosebumps all over my arms. I didn't like the sound of that. "Other than that, not much else." He was smiling now. "What about you baby girl?" He reached over to play with a curl.

I sat up straight, forgetting his words seconds ago. "I have so much to tell you. First, my teacher found me walking down the street when I left the yacht. Now I have to stay after school with him everyday." Just the thought of it, made me roll my eyes.

"Sounds like the beginning of a Brazzer's video."

I nearly puked. "Not everyone is a pedophile like you Deon." I rolled my eyes. "I'm making up all the work I missed though. It's so hard."

"I'm sure."

"Oh, there's the Tresemme girls!" I said loudly.

Deon smirked. "Do they all smell like Tresemme shampoo?"

"Yeah!" He knew me so well. "They're triplets at my school. They tried to fight my sister. Well, only the main bitchy one tried to, but my sister has a friend now and she defended her."

"Triplets huh? Interesting. That reminds me, you should bring your sister here one night. Show her a good time."

I stared at Deon before laughing my ass off. "You know she's not like me, right? Her idea of fun is going to museums. She would have a panic attack if she ever set foot in a place like this," I said imagining Tatiana crying while being surrounded by guys. "Anyway, this new girl totally had her back. I'm so proud she's making friends, but I'm even more proud she got invited to a party. I want her to go so bad. Shit, I wanna go too."

"What kind of party is it?" He asked, interested.

"Oh, a high school party. The Tresemme Triplets are hosting it so, I bet it's gonna be lit." I was petty, but I could tell they knew how to have a good time.

Deon sat up further in his chair. "You should go bae."

"I know right! I have to convince Tati." I was getting excited at the thought of it.

Deon was agreeing with me. "Yeah you girls are young, have some fun. I'll even get you a new outfit for the party. Want your nails done boo?"

My jaw dropped. "For real?"

Deon leaned across the desk and gave me a quick kiss. "Of course, anything for my baby."

Oh, my heart! Deon was so nice, he definitely knew how to treat a girl.

"Actually, I gotta idea."

I perked up, interested. "What? Are you saying I should go get my hair done too?"

He laughed, shaking his head. "Nah, but we can do that too. Listen up. I was thinking of the best way to get this new stuff out on the streets. I'm low on manpower. This party might help me."

"With high school kids?" I asked confused. I felt like adults were into that stuff.

"Yeah, and Stingy said it's something that would be cool with the kids."

I nodded, understanding him. "Okay I get it. But how are you gonna do that? It'll be weird having some old man show up," I said teasing him.

He smiled before rolling his eyes. "I wasn't gonna do it. I wanted to ask you to do it."

"Me?" I said pointing to myself, eyebrows raised.

"You're already going there and since you're a girl, no one's gonna think anything of it." He got up and walked around his desk to me. "Please baby. I need some help."

So much pressure. I loved Deon and I would do anything to help him, but at the end of the day, if I was caught with drugs, I would be going to jail, not him. "Sorry Deon. I think it's a lot to ask for."

"It's just one time Tara, c'mon." Yeah right. I knew if I did it once, I would do it again. Deon wasn't getting the big picture.

"I'm your girlfriend, not your drug mule." I was feeling disappointed. I shouldn't even be surprised he would put his business before my comfort.

Deon's face softened. "Tara, I didn't mean it like that. I just thought people together are supposed to help each other. I was just asking baby."

When he put it like that, it made me feel guilty. Deon always made sure I was good and treated me like a queen. He never hesitated when I wanted something, no matter how much it was. Maybe it was time for me to do my part.

I hesitated before speaking. "Maybe. I might do it."

"Really?" Deon picked me up and sat me on his desk, his body in between my legs. "Thanks, I knew you had my back." He kissed me deeply before lowering me onto the desk. It was a good thing Neal wasn't here.

🌸

Tatiana

I was so excited for the rest of the evening. Les had texted me earlier saying neither of his parents were going to be home and that I should come over. I said, "say no more" and flew to his house. Without his stuffy-ass family, Les and I could chill as much as we wanted. It also gave us the chance to be a little adventurous.

"Babe, you got your blindfold on tight?" Les asked.

I nodded, impatient to start already. I was already sweating.

"Good." I felt Les grab onto my shoulders and spin me around. "Now, come find me. Marco!"

I heard his footsteps take off. "Polo!" I yelled back. Les' house was the perfect place for Marco Polo or hide n seek. It was huge, with enough room for us to run around. Of course, we could only do this kind of stuff when no one else was home. Imagine if Mr. Jameson found us. My heart would give out.

"Marco!" I took a left from where I thought I had heard him come and smacked into the corner of a wall, the sound echoing throughout the hall.

Somewhere in the house, Les laughed. "Polo, ouch." I rubbed my forehead and continued.

Les didn't say anything back though. Confused, I tried again. "Polo!" No reply. Concerned, I took off my blindfold and decided to go look for him. I was hoping he hadn't hurt himself. I checked the entire 3rd and 2nd floor, but he was nowhere to be found. So, I went downstairs and from the kitchen, I heard his voice. It sounded like he was talking to someone.

I stopped. What if it was his parents? Les never told them I was coming over and if they saw me, it would look wrong. I began to panic and started running to the door, but thought better of it, opting for the window instead.

"In an hour? I shouldn't have any trouble." Les walked in the hallway, phone to his ear and looking at me confused. "Okay, I'll be there." He hung up the phone and walked up to me. "Why were you running through the house like that?"

I was still out of breath. "I thought your parents were home."

"Oh. No, don't be scared." He reached over and kissed my sweaty forehead. "That was them on the phone though. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cut our night short." He was between a mixture of sad and annoyed.

"Why?" I asked, disappointed.

Les sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "My father met an old colleague of his at the event my parents are at. The guy has a son my dad wants me to meet. He wants all of us to go out to dinner in about an hour."

My shoulders slumped. "Oh."

Les gave me a tight squeeze. "I have to go get ready, okay love?" I nodded slowly.

"Don't worry, I'll make it up to you," he said smiling and giving me a quick kiss. Taking me by the hand, he led me out the kitchen and to the foyer. I opened the door, stepping onto the porch.

"Bye," I said, giving him one last hug. He hugged me back quickly, before darting back into the house.

I started walking to the bus stop, sighing. I was kind of put out but oh well. There was nothing I could do about it.

🌸 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 707 13
Helena stood at a crossroads, she could choose to stay with a family that didn't truly love her, or she could go with the man who declared she was hi...
43.1K 3.9K 24
Meet Gwen Turner. Recently, she turned 40. She and her friends are the worst bowlers at their ladies-only wine and bowling league. She's content with...
630K 12.2K 42
He twitched his lips on his perfect. god-like, heart attracting face and I felt his fingers wrap around the top sides of my shorts. With a perfect...
123K 5.4K 36
Previously Titled: Alpha Hunter ----------------- "What are you?" I asked strangely. "What do you mean dear?" He asked playing dumb. "You aren't a...