They Don't Own Me

Oleh x-mengirl000

Maze Runner fanfic For too long they had control over her. For too long, they took everything from her. They... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Cast List

Chapter 21

1.5K 30 0
Oleh x-mengirl000

Ivy sat on her bed, her back to the door. Her hair was slightly disheveled and her face was stained with tear streaks. She had woken up only a short time ago, only to remember the events of the previous night and realize the truth: Minho, Alby, and Thomas weren't coming back. They had been locked in a Griever infested maze, forced to run for their lives before they were caught. The very thought was enough to bring more tears to her eyes, but she forced herself not to cry.

Suddenly, the sound of the Maze doors opening floated to her ears. She inhaled sharply and looked up, trying to stop her tears from escaping her eyes. She tried to think of other things, but she couldn't get her mind off of the Maze and its prisoners.

It wasn't long after that there was a knock on the door of her hut. Ivy shook her head even though no one could see.

"Please go away," she said, trying to keep her voice straight. "I want to be alone right now." Apparently, the person outside chose to ignore her and opened the door. "I said go away," Ivy snapped, not daring to turn around.

She didn't move when she felt the Glader sit on the opposite side of her bed. A hand touched her shoulder but she shoved it away, still refusing to look at the boy.

"Ivy," a familiar voice said, almost pleading with her.

The girl froze, her eyes widening behind her curtain of hair. She slowly turned her head toward the source of the voice. When her eyes landed on the figure beside her, her composure broke; her tears began to fall more and her body started to shake ever so slightly.

"Minho?" she said, her voice quivering a little.

"Hey there," the boy replied, giving her a gentle smile.

"Are you really here? I'm not imagining things?"

"I sure hope you're not imagining things, or else this would be a little weird."

Ivy lifted her hand and lightly touched Minho's face. She gave a soft laugh when he leaned his face into her touch. Moving suddenly, she wrapped her arms around Minho. The boy responded just as fast, pulling her close to him as he ran his fingers through her messy hair.

"It's alright," he whispered, just loud enough for her to hear.

"Don't you ever do that to me again," Ivy sobbed.

"I won't, I promise. I'm sorry for leaving you, for scaring you, but I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

~

"Things are changing," Gally stated to the Gladers around him. "There's no denying that. First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight. And then Alby. And now our Greenie, here, has taken it upon himself... to go into the maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah," Frypan agreed, "but he saved Alby's life."

"Did he?" Newt leaned his head to the side, exchanging a quick glance with Ivy and Minho, who stood side by side. All three of them knew he was about to go on a rant. "For three years, we have coexisted with these things. And now, you've killed one of them." He pointed at Thomas; the Greenie was seated behind the Keepers in a special seat that was saved for a shank who was in trouble. Thomas looked to Ivy, who gave him a reassuring glance before turning her head back to glare at Gally. "Who knows what that could mean for us."

"What do you suggest we do?" Newt asked.

"He has to be punished."

Objections immediately sounded throughout the room.

"Come on."

"He killed a Griever!"

"Minho," Newt said, causing everyone to settle down and look at the Keeper of the Runners. "You were there with him. What do you think?"

"I think," he said after a small pause, "in all the time we've been here... no one has ever killed a Griever before. Not even Ivy." The girl could feel Thomas's questioning gaze on her, but she chose to ignore it. "When I turned tail and ran... this dumb shank stayed behind to help Alby. Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it. I say we make him a Runner."

The Gladers began to talk again, stunned by his sudden idea. Minho glanced at Ivy out of the corner of his eye; she nodded, agreeing with him.

"A Runner? What?"

"Minho, let's not jump the gun, here," Frypan said. Meanwhile, Chuck had begun to chant Thomas's name, making Ivy smile slightly.

"If you want to throw the newbie a parade, that's fine," Gally said, raising his voice. The Gladers looked at him. "Go ahead. But if there is one thing I know about the Maze, it is that you do not-"

Before Ivy could snap at him and say he knew nothing about the Maze, an alarm sounded. Every Glader froze and turned to look at the door. Ivy looked at the other Keepers in confusion. Newt and Gally darted outside, the rest of the boys following behind them.

"Okay, wait, I know that sound," Thomas said.

"The Box," Chuck explained. "It's coming back up."

"It shouldn't be," Minho told them, sprinting after Ivy, who had already started running.

"Newt, what do you see?" Frypan asked, trying to get a peek of what was in the Box.

The blond looked up at the Gladers, shock written on his face. His eyes locked with Ivy's as he spoke.

"It's a girl."

Ivy's eyes widened slightly and she peered into the Box. Lying on the ground, unconscious, was a dark haired girl. Minho took Ivy's hand in his, both of them exchanging a glance before turning their attention back to the girl.

"I think she's dead," someone muttered.

"What's in her hand?" Gally asked.

Newt bent down and took the slip of paper that was settled in the girl's hand. He unfolded it, looking at the words written on it.

"'She's the last one,'" he read. "'Ever.' What the h*ll does that mean?"

All of a sudden, the girl jolted awake, gasping of breath. The Gladers took a step back in shock, obviously not expecting her to wake up.

"Thomas," she gasped between heavy breaths before her eyes rolled back into her head and she passed out again.

The Gladers raised their heads to look at Thomas.

"Do you still think I'm overreacting?" Gally questioned. Ivy shot a glare in his direction, silently telling him to slim it.

Ivy jumped into the Box, motioning for Newt to help her lift the girl. As the two raised her up, Minho and Gally shooed the Gladers away. Gally shot Thomas one last glare before going off to resume his job. Chuck even left, sneaking a glance back at the Box to catch a glimpse of the unconscious girl. Clint and Jeff knelt down so they could help get the girl out of the Box. Once she was out, Minho pulled up Newt while Thomas helped Ivy out.

"Thanks," she said, the first words she had spoken since she and Minho emerged from her hut. Thomas nodded.

"How's she doing?" Newt asked Jeff, who was examining the girl on the ground.

"She's breathing, so that's a good sign," he reported. "Clint and I will get her to the Med Hut. Once we've got her situated and make sure she's alright, we'll call for you guys."

The small group nodded. The Med-Jacks picked up the girl and carried her away, taking her to the Med Hut. Once they disappeared from view, Newt walked off as well. Minho turned to look at Ivy.

"I should go check on the Runners," he said. "Will you be all right?"

Ivy nodded, giving him a small smile. She gave him a short hug.

"I'm glad you're back," she whispered to him.

"Me too. I'll see you in a little bit, okay?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Minho pecked her cheek before jogging away, trying to find the other Runners.

Ivy smiled slightly as she watched him run away. She turned her head, noticing that Thomas was still standing there, confusion on his face.

"What's on your mind, Thomas?" Ivy asked.

"It's just... I have so many questions about what's going on, or what's happened."

"How about you help me shut the Box, then I'll answer whatever questions I can."

Thomas agreed. Ivy showed him how to shut the Box and after they got it shut, they made their way away from the Glade. Ivy led them to the watchtower. She climbed up first, stopping once she got to the first landing instead of going all the way up. Thomas sat down next to her, their legs hanging off the side.

"Alright, Thomas," she said, glancing at him. "Ask away."

Thomas looked down into his lap, trying to gather his thoughts. Ivy didn't bother him, knowing he must have a lot of questions still and she wanted to give him time to think.

"Back at the Gathering, when Minho was defending me," Thomas said, "he said that no one has ever killed a Griever, not even you." Ivy nodded, remembering the conversation. "Why did he say that?"

"Because I've been out in the Maze before. Not just as a Runner though; as a prisoner."

"You've been out there when the doors are closed?"

"Twice," she replied with a nod.

Thomas's eyes widened.

"When?" he asked, curious as to how she could have survived two whole nights in the Maze.

Ivy sighed, glancing toward the Maze.

"The first time was my second night here. I had gone out with Alby and another boy who arrived a week before I did. We ran into a Griever that night and learned how dangerous they were. The second night was about a month after Minho showed up. I was the only person running that day because Adam had too much to drink the night before. I lost track of time and spent the night out there with four or five Grievers. Luckily, the worst I got out of it was a couple of cuts. Mainly this one though."

She lifted her shirt a little to show him the scar on her stomach. Thomas's eyes widened in shock.

"That's insane. How did the other react?"

"It was bad. They had no clue what to do. They all thought I was gone. Minho and Newt stayed out by the wall all night, which ended up being a good thing since I got out by climbing the ivy. And before you ask, we can't reach it from the ground from inside the Glade so we can't climb out. Anyway, I had to throw my shoes to wake them up and they helped me get down."

Thomas chuckled slightly.

"So what's it like being the only girl around here?" he inquired. "Well, not the only girl anymore since that other girl showed up, but-"

"It's been crazy," Ivy said with a laugh. "A few guys have tried hitting on me, which has resulted in trips to the Med-Jacks and a few threats, but for the most part, they treat me just like everybody else. Even though I'm a girl, and used to be the only girl, I'm still tougher than a good portion of these shanks."

"I'll believe it. Chuck's told me a few stories."

"I'm sure he has."

"Hey shanks!" The two looked down to see Newt looking up at them. "Jeff's ready for us!"

"Be right down, Newt!" Ivy called. She nodded to Thomas and the two climbed down the ladder, walking over to Newt. "I'll grab Minho and meet you two at the med shack."

Newt nodded and led the Greenie away. Ivy sprinted off toward the Map Room, knowing she would find Minho there. She lightly jogged through the trees, quickly finding the Map Room. Slowing to a walk, Ivy went to the door and peeked inside. Sure enough, the girl found Minho standing at the table. What confused her though was that he seemed frustrated and tense.

Ivy stepped into the Map Room, walking toward him. She placed a hand on his back, causing him to jump slightly in surprise. His brown eyes found hers, softening a little when he saw that it was her.

"Hey," he muttered.

"Everything all right?" she asked in a gentle voice, knowing that it would help him calm down.

"No. They quit."

"Who quit?"

"The Runners. Every one of them. After what happened last night with us and the Maze, they aren't willing to go back out there." He sighed, placing his hands on the table before him. "I'm sorry, Ivy."

"For what? It's not your fault."

"If we had been more careful, none of this would have happened. We would have still have people running the Maze, looking for a way out."

Ivy placed a hand on Minho's shoulder.

"Hey, look at me," she said. Minho did as he was told, looking into the eyes he could get lost in for hours. "None of this is your fault. It's no one's fault. Things happen. That's life. What matters is what you do after the bad things happen." She smiled at him. "Besides, even if all of the Runners did quit, you've still got me. You'll always have me, no matter what."

Minho smiled at her words. He straightened up and wrapped his arms around Ivy, burying his face into her shoulder. Ivy said nothing in response. Instead, she hugged him back, rubbing his back lightly.

"Thanks, Ivy," she heard Minho mutter.

"Of course." She patted Minho's back lightly, signalling him to release her. "Now come on. Jeff said that he was ready to see us. Newt wanted me to come and get you."

"He'll live for a few more minutes."

Ivy laughed.

"I'm sure he will, but that doesn't mean he won't be annoyed with us. You can get hugs later, I promise."

"Fine," Minho groaned, letting Ivy go.

~

"Took you two long enough," Newt commented, rolling his eyes.

"Sorry, Newt," Ivy said. "You're lucky I got him here though. This slinthead wanted to keep hugging."

Newt and Thomas chuckled. Ivy smirked, glancing at Minho. The Runner rolled his eyes before squeezing her hand and sending her a wink. The four then walked into the med-hut, heading toward Jeff. Along the way, Ivy caught a glimpse of Alby. The boy was tied to a cot. He was shirtless and sweating as he tried to fight off the effects of the Griever sting.

Minho gently pulled Ivy away, knowing she would start to blame herself if she continued to look at Alby.

"Jeff," Newt said, "what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did," the Med-Jack replied. Ivy rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt suddenly asked. Ivy looked at Thomas, who was gazing down at the unconscious girl.

"No," Thomas replied.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognize you."

"What about the note?"

"We'll worry about the note later."

"I think you should worry about it now." Everyone turned to look at him, slightly surprised by his words.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment," Newt replied.

"He's right, Newt," Jeff cut in. "If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that. Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody has gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay." Ivy's head shot up at Thomas's sudden word and her eyes widened when she saw him heading out of the hut.

"Where are you going?" Newt questioned.

"Back into the maze."

The girl stared at the Greenie as he walked out of the med-hut. She exchanged brief looks with the other boys before running after him, Minho close behind her.

"Hey, hey, Thomas," Ivy called, keeping her voice down so she didn't drag unwanted attention to herself. She and Minho stopped in front of him, keeping him from leaving.

"What is this with you, huh?" Minho asked. "A death wish? You just got out and now you want back in?"

"Newt said that no one has ever seen a Griever and lived to tell about it, except for Ivy, right?" Thomas said. He motioned toward the Maze. "Minho, now we have one. You're telling me you're not even a little bit curious?"

"Not really, no," Minho admitted.

Thomas sighed and started walking again. Ivy took several quick steps to stop him, gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

"So, what's the plan?" she asked in a hushed voice, Minho coming to her side. "You're gonna go out and dissect that thing all by yourself?"

"I will if I have to," the Greenie responded. A brief look of disbelief flashed across both Ivy and Minho's faces. Once over her shock, Ivy smiled a little. "Have the other runners left yet?"

"The other runners quit this morning," Minho told him. He glanced across the Glade to where the other Runners were, talking with Gally. "After Alby got stung, they're not in any hurry to get back out there."

"So why are you?" Ivy inquired, curious as to what his answer would be.

"I think it's time we find out what we're really up against."

"All right," Minho said. "But you're not going back out there alone. Meet me in the woods in half-an-hour."

Without another word, Minho walked away. Ivy smiled at Thomas, nodding to him. She turned and jogged to catch up with Minho.

"I'm coming with you," she told him.

The Keeper froze and looked at her with slightly wide eyes.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm going out there. I want answers as much as you or Thomas do."

"But-"

"Min, that Griever is dead. You said so yourself. Besides, I'm a Runner too, remember? I'll be fine."

Minho studied her for a moment before sighing.

~

Ivy walked alongside Minho as they headed for where they were meeting Thomas. The girl felt slightly worried about what they would find out in the Maze, but at the same time, she was glad to finally have the chance of finding some answers.

A hut came into view and they walked around to the front, only to find Thomas leaning against the outside wall.

"Will this be enough?" Minho asked as Zart, Winston, and Frypan came into view as well.

"Okay," the Greenie breathed as he nodded. "Let's go."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

479 14 14
**COMPLETED** CHARACTERS OWNED BY JAMES DASHNER - though I have some original characters in the story that I made so that the plot could work! (Hope...
8.8K 213 25
*Third and final book of the Malevolent Maze Series* "What the hell is happening?" Minho demanded. I couldn't say anything, shouldn't say anything. I...
280K 5.2K 39
π™Όπš’πš—πš‘πš˜ 𝚑 𝚈/𝙽 π™½πšŠπš”πš˜πšŠ Κ³α΅‰α΅ƒα΅ˆα΅‰Κ³ ______________ π™ΌπšŠπš£πšŽ πšπšžπš—πš—πšŽπš› ¹°²°³ ______ π™Όπš’πš—πš‘πš˜ πš’πšœ πšπš‘πšŽ πš–πš˜πšœπš πš‹πš›πšŠπšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš 𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒...
50.2K 1.8K 33
Almost in despair, Jane in desperate to find Minho after WICKED took him away. Not only Minho goes through a lot, Jane and Newt do too, which not alw...