Moonlight | Kim Seokjin [Ones...

By ItsNicoleeeeee10

"I'll be your moonlight." Impressive Ranks: #84 moonlight #195 kpoponeshot Finished: 06/09/2020 More

๋‹ฌ๐ŸŒ™

19 2 2
By ItsNicoleeeeee10

*knock* *knock*

"Seokjin?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Why do you look so pale and you also look like you haven't slept for days."

"Well, I'll explain it to you later. Come with me."

"W-what? What do you mean? It's been years since we last talked. We were so close when we were young but you just suddenly distant yourself from me.."

"I-i just.. I'm sorry. I know we kept a promise that we would be there for each other but I guess I broke it. I'm really sorry.. J-just come with me."

"I know you very well, are we gonna do something dumb that can make us get arrested or killed? If that's your intention, then I won't come with you."

"It's not. I wanna spend time with you.."

"What the do you mean? You literally dumped me last year. You said you don't want to see my face ever again. So I'm drifting away from you and now you're pulling me back? What the heck do you want?!"

"I'm so sorry about that, I didn't mean to dump you. I j-just.. I was s-seeing someone. But turns out she was with someone else. And I'm sorry I said that, I was just so mad that day. I'm sorry. And I told you already, I want to spend time with you."

"Well, I don't want to be with you."

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and starts running, so he's basically dragging me. I tried to get out but his grip was too strong, so I couldn't.

"Seokjin! Let go of me!"

No answer.

"I said LET GO OF ME!"

No answer.

"Are you deaf? Can't you fucking hear me? I SAID LET GO IDIOT!" I just kept on yelling at him but he seems to not care.

It suddenly started to rain. Raindrops were falling and I was getting wet except for him because he's wearing a hoodie. But I realized, because of the rain our hands was starting to get wet, so I tried to let go of his grip and I did it successfully. I quickly ran back to my house but he suddenly held my arm.

"Don't go."

"Are you crazy?"

"Yes, I am crazy. I've always been crazy. Now wear my hoodie."

"But you'll get wet. I don't want you to have a cold."

"And why do you care?"

"Because I j-just do."

He suddenly let go of my arm and put the hood on his hoodie on me.

"Now come on."

He started to run again while holding my hands, again.

"Can you just tell me where are we going?"

"To the happy place.."

The happy place is where we used to play and spend our time together. It's a tree house on a green grass. The scenery of that place in the morning is really amazing, because you get to see the yellow, bright sun and the clouds. But the scenery of the night hits very differently. Seokjin and I used to just lay down the grass and watch the shining stars shine bright. We called it the happy place because when we feel sad, troubled or when we just want to smile and be happy, we go here, to be happy. When we're in the happy place, our problems, sadness, emptiness and everything just disappear and all you do is to smile or laugh.

After a while, we finally arrive. At the happy place and the rain also stopped. He let go of my hand and sat down on the green grass. And out of nowhere, he suddenly starts crying. So I quickly sat beside him.

"Hey, are you ok?"

No answer, just tears. He was hugging his knees so I couldn't see his face.

"Jinnie, we've been friends for 10 years now. And I've never seen you this sad before. You were always the type who hides his tears and fear. You always keep it to yourself, because you told me you don't want anyone to see your weak side. So what's the matter?"

"I have cancer..."

"Wait what?! Stop joking. It's not funny."

"I'm not joking y/n. I had cancer 2 years ago, the doctor told me I'm not gonna live longer than a year except if I'll pay $800k for the treatment, so that I can be cancer free. So my parents payed for the treatment and I was cancer free. 1 year later, my cancer came back. But it was already on stage 3. My doctor told me that I'll only have a year left to live. And now I have cancer stage 4.."

"B-but no. H-how?" tears suddenly shed down continuously.

"Hey don't worry. That's why I'm here, with you, in the happy place. Despite all the things that's been happening, I know one person and one place can make me smile. It's you and the happy place." He said as he wiped my tears.

"Aww.. But how come you don't look weak?"

"I thought you knew, I always hide my pain and weak side, just like what you said." he smiled.

He then started to lay down, so I also did. The scenery was the same, it's still beautiful. The stars are still shining so brightly but it hits more different right now. Because of what I just found out. It's been 5 years since I last came here. When Seokjin and I went to another school, he just started drifting away from me. He became one of those popular jerk kids who hates unpopular people. When someone picks at me, he'll always help me but he never says welcome to my thank yous. He acts cold to me but I know deep in his heart, I was still the same old best friend.

"The scenery is so beautiful."

"I know right."

"Hey Jin. Umm.. Why are you spending time with me? Like you don't have a lot of time left, you should hang out with your friends, spend time with your family. You can do all the things you love but you chose to spend time with... Me?"

"You said that I should do all the things I love, so I am. I love to be with you. To spend time with you. To be happy... With you."

"Aww I guess you aren't a complete dumb jerk after all."

"I'm sorry.."

"What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong."

"I did something wrong, actually a lot of things. I dumped you, I was suddenly stopped wanting to spend time with you, I became a jerk to you sometimes, sometimes I'm cold towards you, I'm sorry I called you a stranger before. I really am so sorry for everything I've done. But I know you know that I still love you as my best friend, right?"

"Yeah, of course. I forgive you. I knew all those times you still consider me as your best friend. Yeah, there were times where you hurted me.. So much. But those were the past and it already happened, so I don't really care about it anymore."

"Thanks for always understanding me in my worst and in my best. I don't think I'll ever find anyone like you, ever, in this entire galaxy."

"You're my best friend, I'm always here for you, you know. And I'm your best friend and I know you're always there for me."

"That's not true. I wasn't there for you, I never did. And I regret it so much. The thing is, is that if I didn't have cancer I wouldn't realize my mistakes. So maybe it's really time for me to leave."

"I don't care if you never been there for me. I just don't want you to leave.." tears started falling down my cheeks again.

"Don't cry. Please."

"You're making me cry more." I was just bawling my eyes out. I sat down and hugged my knees. Jin sat down right beside me and rubbed my back as a sign of comfort.

"It's gonna be okay. When I die, I promise to stay by your side forever. And I mean LITERALLY forever. I'll be your guardian angel. I'll be looking out for you."

"P-promise?"

"Promise."

"It's getting really dark. Let's go sleep now." he added. So I stood up and started walking back to my house but he stopped me.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"I meant that let's sleep in the tree house."

"But the tree house doesn't have a bed."

"You're wrong, I came here yesterday and organized it."

I was shocked. I look around the tree house and everything was so pretty. Pictures were hanging on the wall. Pictures when we were little. My favorite picture will always be this one, the one where me and Jin played on the rain, our moms took pictures of us because they said we looked cute. By the way, we were wearing yellow raincoats.

Their were also lights that shined so brightly, almost like a star. Jin and I laid down the bed facing each other's back.

"Goodnight Jin!"

"Goodnight y/n."

*The Next Day*

I woke up and opened my eyes, I turned my face to the other side and saw no one. Seokjin wasn't beside me anymore. I looked out the window and he was still not there. I put my slippers on and got out of the tree house. I started searching around but he was still not there. The sun is so bright with the clouds. I just wanna sit here and be with him.

I decided to go home but before I walk home I decided to go back to the tree house and take my favorite picture with me but Seokjin's hoodie caught my attention.

"Why did he left his hoodie?" I asked myself.

As I grabbed the hoodie, I saw a piece of paper fell on the ground. So I picked it up.

|Hey y/n! Are u reading this? I hope u are. If ur reading this, please go to my house. I have something to give you. And I'm sorry that I left without telling you. -Jin :)|

I then ran as fast as I could towards his house. I finally arrived after a couple minutes of running. I'm already tired and I'm trying to catch my breath. I managed to ring the doorbell. Mr. Kim was the one who opened the door.

"Hi Mr. Kim! Is Jin here? He left his hoodie at the tree house and I saw a piece of paper fall off inside the hood, he said he wants me to be here because he's giving me something."

"Yeah, he does want to give something to you."

"Come in." he added.

I got inside their house and sat down on their sofa. I was waiting for Seokjin to show up. His parents suddenly came to me with a box.

"This is what he wants to give you." Mr. Kim said.

"Oh ok. But where's Jin? I thought he was the one giving it to me."

"Uh.. J-jin passed away..." Mrs. Kim started to cry. I was about to cry but I stopped myself.

"W-what?!..." it's really hard keeping these tears inside me so I just shed them.

"He passed away around 4 am. We took him to the hospital around 2 am.." Mrs. Kim said.

Mrs. Kim excused herself and went outside, probably because she needs some space. Mr. Kim sat down beside my and rubbed my back.

"Seokjin actually came back home around 12 am he ran into my arms as soon as he got home. I was confused, so I asked him what's wrong. And he said that everything hurts and that he's trying his best to catch his breath but he just can't. He said he  wants to sleep..forever. He stayed in his room for 30 minutes and he went outside his room and he hugged me really tight and told me that he loves me so much and that's what he also did to his sleeping mom. Around 2 am, he suddenly fell down the floor, so I woke up my wife and told her what happened. We took Jin to the hospital but I guess it's time for him to leave.."

"You should go home now. Here take this." he gave me the box and like what he said, I went back home. I opened the door and I just ran into my mom's arms, sobbing.

"Honey.. What happened?"

"Jin p-passed away..." I cried even harder. My mom hugged me really tight, and I could feel a single tear dropped down my shoulder. I know that she's as sad as me. We pulled out from the hug.

After a while of crying, I grabbed the box and went to my room. I sat down my bed and put down the box. I opened it and saw a bunch of pictures and a letter. The pictures was me and him through the years. I opened the letter.

|You're probably reading this after I left this world permanently. I know that you're sad about it but y/n please don't be sad. Because I hate seeing you sad. I'm glad I spent my first and last days in the tree house with you. I'm really sorry about everything I've done to you. I deserve to have cancer because I'm a piece of shit, a jerk and an idiot boy who only cares about his popularity. I regret, I fucking regret that I was like that but it already happened so there's literally nothing that I can do about it. I bet you're telling me to stop blaming or hating myself right now. Haha ok fine I'll stop. We started became friends when we were 5 years old and I never expected that we would last forever. You're like a diamond, you're very rare, unique, beautiful and you shine so bright. And I'm just a fucking
stupid dumb boy who found you on accident and took you for granted. I'm sorry I did that. I regret that I couldn't make more memories with you. Life is really short, so you should spend a lot of quality time with the people who you truly love because I don't want you to end up like me. I spent time with you because I know it'll be my last day but if I didn't have this condition I think I would've forget you. But don't worry, I won't, I will not, and I can't forget about you. You're my other half, you know. It's sad how you'll only realize that a person is important is when that person already left or is leaving. It was really nice to have my last moment with you on the 'happy place'. Being with you under the moonlight is the only memory that I'll keep and cherish forever
since it's my last moment with you. Alright, stop crying because I'm ending this long ass letter.  Btw I love you, not as a friend or a best friend but as a soulmate. It's true, I know you're thinking that I feel the same way as you do but no (I'm sorry). When I say soulmate I meant that we were destined to meet but not to be together. You're like my sister, you know. And I'll definitely ghost a guy who'll dump you :)

-Your seokjinnie, I'll be your moonlight, I'll make sure to light up and guide you out of the dark (I love you so much bitch hehe ♥)|

I was literally sobbing the whole time I was reading. But I stopped myself when I read that he doesn't want me to cry. I put the letter inside my phone case so that I can keep it close with me always. I stood up and wiped my tears. I was changing into a different clothes when I saw a picture fell off my pocket. It was my favorite picture of us.

"I miss you too bitch.." I just smiled while I was staring at our picture.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
964K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...