π—΄π—΅π—Όπ˜€π˜π—Ήπ˜†, greys anatomy...

By fireandbloods

it's a beautiful day to save lives. (DISCONTINUED) atticus lincoln 𝒙 female oc Β©fireandbloods cover by @rom... More

π—¦π—¬π—‘π—’π—£π—¦π—œπ—¦.
──────── 𝗔𝗖𝗧 π—’π—‘π—˜.
𝐒. WINE & SECRETS
𝐒𝐒. EYEBROW CRINKLES
𝐒𝐒𝐒. MISSED CALLS
𝐒𝐯. IN THE KNOW
𝐯. RELATIONSHIP ADVICE
𝐯𝐒𝐒. FREAK ACCIDENT
𝐯𝐒𝐒𝐒. CATHERINE'S TUMOR

𝐯𝐒. WHAT IS THE TRUTH

2.5K 136 4
By fireandbloods

chapter six, what is the truth

FELICITY BROUGHT HER HAND UP TO THE DOOR, her knuckles creating a soft knocking sound. She patiently waited till someone opened the door, clutching her purse close to her body. Her dark locks were half up, the remaining ones laying just below her shoulders in curls.

The door slid open, revealing a grinning Jo, with a beer in her hand,"Felicity! What are you doing here?"

"Iris is over at her friends, and I was hoping we could hang out." Felicity shrugged her shoulders, her ankle heel boots shifting on the ground.

Jo nodded, her smile never fading at the sight of her close friend,"Your not the only one with that idea." Her smile formed into a small smirk as she stepped aside, allowing Felicity to walk in. Her eyes slightly widened at the sight of Meredith standing in the middle of the room, cutting Link's hair that was poorly shaped and looked like a kid cut it. She took off her white and grey cardigan, throwing in on the coat rack.

Jo went into the fridge and popped out a cold beer, handing it to Felicity. She took it as she fixed her light pink sweater with her white collar shirt underneath.

"I see Meredith had turned into a Hair stylist." Felicity teased, her ankle boots clicking against the wooden floor boards as she sat on the arm of the couch that Alex was sitting on, Jo joining him.

Meredith laughed, her eyes lighting up as she did,"Surgery comes with the skill of styling hair." She stated, cutting another snip of Link's hair. He looked at her the best he could without loving his head, immediately peeking up when he noticed the cardio surgeon, not going unnoticed by everyone in the room.

"I didn't see you at work today, where were you?" Link asked her, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

Felicity took a sip of her beer, before moving some hair out of her face,"Uh, I took a vacation day. Me and Iris went to the mall." Felicity smiled when she mentioned her sister's name, remembering the fun they had today.

Link laughed,"I bet she loved it, spending time with you." Felicity's and Link's laughter died down, and Felicity found herself staring at him.

"They look so good together." Jo whispered to Alex, smiling at the pair that continued to chat. Alex nodded his head in agreement, glad the raven haired girl was finally happy after everything she's gone through.

◦ ◦ ◦

A huge storm had struck Seattle the next morning when Felicity arrived at work, which meant more traumas that Felicity was going to have to attend to.

Her eyes glanced next to her when Meredith approached the patient that Felicity, Link and his intern were working on, putting on rubber gloves.

"Why did I get a glass door?" The woman questioned, looking between all of them.

"Hold tight, Georgia. We got you."Link assured her while he worked on her wrist, him and Felicity sneaking glances at each other time to time again. "Qadri, hand me a 4x4. Dr. Grey, how was sunny L.A?"

"Not so sunny." She answered in disinterest. "Do you think it violated the fascia?" She asked Felicity who worked on the hole on her chest.

"Uh, not sure." Felicity replied."I am worried about a thoracoabdominal injury. I thought you were coming back until tomorrow night."

       "Plans changed." Meredith responded flatly, grabbing got IPad of the woman's chart.

       "Well, if you're home, then maybe me and Iris won't eat a tub of ice cream by ourselves." Felicity joked playfully, furrowing her eyebrow in confusion when Meredith didn't pay attention and read of the chart.

       "There's fluid in the upper-right quadrant. Missed the liver."

        "Can you make a fist for me?" Link asked the woman, the woman obeying, he smiled."That's great. There's no major damage. Qadri, clean and stitch." He ordered the intern, standing up and removing his gloves before he looked back to Felicity, grinning."Good to see you again, Avery." Felicity smiled to herself when he walked off.

       A few silent seconds later, Felicity turned back to Grey,"So, you said your plans changed. Did your VIP patient die?"

       "No. the — just the plans, they just changed." Meredith mumbled, before pointing to the intern, ignoring Felicity's weird stare."Qadri, let's get her up to CT, please." She nodded, as Felicity watched Meredith rush off.

◦ ◦ ◦

       "She said I don't talk about my feelings enough, that I don't express enough." Felicity explained softly as Meredith did the autopsy in the OR they were currently in.

       She was talking about what her therapist told her in their meeting a day before. Felicity's had the therapist for years now.

        Meredith kept her gaze on the monitor,"She should come see you in surgery."

       "What?" Felicity questioned. She knew what Meredith was implying, she just couldn't believe those words left her lips.

       Meredith ignored her,"Okay, it doesn't look like it damaged the fascia. Qadri, do you want to do the honors?"

       "Pull it out? Yes." The intern answered quickly, wrapping her hand gentle around the piece of glass imbedded in this woman's abdomen.

       "Straight up. Straight." Felicity directed her, watching her every move."Good." She nodded when Qadri pulled it out safely. Felicity picked up some silverware, moving in front of Qadri to do her work.

       "What, am I just supposed to change overnight and quit my job that I love so much?"

       "Okay, let's wash it out and start the repair. Irrigation." Meredith ordered, Ignoring Felicity and her gaze.

       "Do you think I'm overreacting?" Felicity asked in a muffled tone through her surgical mask.

        Meredith looked back down to the patient, "This woman had over 50 pieces of glass in her. Could've killed her. You and your feelings— it sucks. But, the world isn't gonna end." Felicity looked up at Meredith with shock.

◦ ◦ ◦

       Felicity dumped her scrub apron into the cleaner basket, before following Meredith out of the OR and into the preparation room that looked into the OR.

       She sighed, letting her arms fall to her sides,"What is so wrong in your life that you can't listen to my problems?"

       Meredith started the water to the sink, running her hands through the water,"Felicity." She sighed, a sudden apologetic look hitting her features like a tsunami.

       "No." Felicity huffed, taking a step closer. "Did something happen with your VIP patient? I-it shouldn't matter anyways, I'm your friend. I listen to you, you listen to me, that's how it goes."

       "Felicity. It was my VIP patient and I'm sorry for not listening." Meredith stared into her confused eyes, contemplating her next words. She knew her friend would be heartbroken when she found out the truth. "Talk to your mom. That's all I'm gonna say."

       Before Felicity could respond, two interns, Helm and DeLuca barged into the room.

       "I, Uh — I found them. He didn't." Helm said, through heavy breaths. The two interns were in there scrub in outfits.

       "Found what?" Meredith turned to them. Felicity glanced between the two, as she let out a shaky breath, turning the faucet on and running her hand under.

       "We May have organs for Cece." DeLuca stated, a ghost of a smile appearing on his face. Felicity's eyes widened at the name of the woman she had taken care of a lot, grabbing a fowl to dry her hands before throwing it away.

       That was probably the best news she's heard all day.

◦ ◦ ◦

       Felicity took her hair out of her hair tie, letting it flow down on her shoulders, pasting them just a bit. Shoving her scrub cap into her white lab coat pocket, she smiled as she gave the nurse behind the nurses station her iPad. She turned around and made her way towards the attending locker room.

       When she got changed into her everyday clothes, she exited the locker room. She stopped walking when she her eyes landed on the nurses station where Link was leaning against it, dressed and waiting for her.

        She admired is new haircut, that suited in very well from afar until she mustered up the courage and slowly walked over to him.

       When he caught her walking towards him, a smile graced his features, standing up straighter,"Hey, I was thinking I could make my special spaghetti sauce tonight. Iris likes Spaghetti right?"

       She grinned from ear to ear, nodding as he joined her side and they started to walk towards the exit to the hospital,"She loves it. And I'm sure she's going to love your cooking."

       He laughed lightly in response and before he could say anything the lights went out in the whole hospital, engulfing everyone in darkness. Felicity made eye contact with Link even though she couldn't see him, right before nurses started to shout in panic and both the surgeons pagers went off.

       Guess were gonna have to rain check?" Felicity questioned, an apologetic look crossing her features. Worst timing ever.

       She was excited to have him meet Iris and stay for dinner, now, they both were probably gonna be stuck at the hospital the rest of the night.

       "Yeah,"Link agreed, letting out a deep sigh. She could feel him looking at her through the darkness."But, I'll drive you home after... this."

       "I will see you then, I guess." Felicity stated, nodding at him before darting away and back towards the attending locker room, not ready for what the nights will bring.

       Once she was dressed back in her scrubs, she pulled her phone out of her scrub pocket, pulling it up to her ear once she dialed her mother's number.

       "You've reached Catherine Avery. I can't come to the phone right now, leave a message after the beep."

       Felicity sighed when she got her mother's voicemail. "Hey, Mom. Uh, Meredith said to talk to you. I, uh, don't know why, but, it's making me worried. So... call me back when you get a chance. Love you, Bye."

       Unbeknownst to her, Jackson was being told the truth about their mother while the girl was being left in the dark. While Jackson knew of the tumor, he made Maggie and Meredith promise not to tell his sister about their mothers state. He wanted to be the one to tell her.

       And it was not going to be a good sight when he did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

944K 31.1K 89
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘳𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘡...
14K 688 9
We could be something special if you wanted. grey's anatomy s1━s10 cristina yang & female oc
129K 1.8K 37
in which she's back for good. THANKSS FOR 100k!!!!