πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ π‚πŽπŒπ„ 𝐓𝐑𝐔�...

By -loonylupins

πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ π‚πŽπŒπ„ 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 | "𝑨 π’…π’“π’†π’‚π’Ž π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π’˜π’Šπ’”π’‰ π’šπ’π’–π’“ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’†π’”" - π‘ͺπ’Šπ’π’…π’†... More

π’Šπ’π’•π’“π’π’…π’–π’„π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
π’…π’“π’†π’‚π’Žπ’” π’„π’π’Žπ’† 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆
𝒐𝒏𝒆
π’•π’˜π’
𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆
π’‡π’Šπ’—π’†
π’”π’Šπ’™
𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏
π’†π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•
π’π’Šπ’π’†
π’†π’‘π’Šπ’π’π’ˆπ’–π’†

𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

4.5K 279 197
By -loonylupins

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓
━━━━

Arabella held the bottom of her work dress up as the walked outside, careful to avoid any mud puddles that had shaped from the rains the night prior. As she looked up, she saw Gus in the distance, tending to the various horses in the stables. She offered her friend a wave, earning one in return. Gus led the horse he was supervising back into the stables, putting the animal back inside the stable.

Arabella jumped as she felt a presence beside her. Turning to her side, she realized Niklaus had maintained a stride beside her. "Good afternoon Mr. Mikaelson."

"Good afternoon to you as well,"

"Are you enjoying your stay?"

"I am. Your estate is quite lovely."

Arabella stopped walking, moving her basket from the crook of her arm to be held in her hands. "My stepmother told me that your old home burnt down, I offer you my condolences."

Niklaus sighed, his eyes averting to the ground before darting back to Arabella's kind face, "Thank you for your kind words," The man paused before running his hand over his face, fighting a battle in his head. He seemed to decide something, looking back to Arabella, "May I ask you something?"

"Of course,"

"Who is the cause of the bruises that tatter your skin?"

Arabella's blood ran cold, her reaction was indeed clear, sweat immediately began to form under the intense stare Niklaus gave her. Arabella chuckled, hoping to get Niklaus to believe the lie she had rehearsed to perfection, "I have proven to be quite clumsy."

Niklaus scoffed, as a victim of abuse himself, he was all too familiar with the rehearsal of answers, almost like it was a script. He kicked the rocks that lay under his feet, "I know that lie too well."

"I am offended that you believe I am lying,"

Niklaus grabbed onto Arabella's arm as the girl attempted to flee, "I do not mean to insult you. My father was a man who often chose to use his fists rather than his words, I have the purest intentions Ms."

"I fear that I am unable to have this conversation with you Mr. Mikaelson, please excuse me."

Arabella's breath increased rapidly as she walked away from Niklaus, practically sprinting back into her home. The second she was inside the doors, Cora had grabbed onto her arm, a harsh glare set in place.

"Good afternoon Cora,"

Cora made no attempt to talk to the girl, instead, she slammed her hand against Arabella's face. Only after a few hits was she satisfied and willing to speak. "Niklaus is a valid suitor for one of your sisters. I will not have you interfering with their futures under any circumstances. A man of his authority would never crave a girl as feeble as you."

"He took notice of the bruises,"

Cora once again smacked Arabella across the face, "Then I expect that you were able to do something correctly for once."

"I informed him that the bruises were the outcomes of my own wrongdoings."

Cora grabbed onto Arabella's chin, forcing the girl to look at her, "If there are any rumors of me that questions my character, you will be the first person I come to that will bare the blame."

━━━━

Arabella clutched her mother's ring in her hands as it dangled from her neck. Tears raced down her cheeks, falling onto the diary that she was writing in, bearing her soul on the pages within the book. A knock at her door startled her, causing her hand to move across the page, dragging ink in an odd pattern. A sigh left her lips as she quickly shut the diary, placing it beneath her pillow. She attempted to wipe the traces of her tears from her face, unable to do anything about the bruises and red eyes.

She opened the door to her bedroom, revealing the woman she met the other night, Rebekah Mikaelson. "Good evening Ms. Rebekah, is there anything that I can do for you?"

Rebekah offered the girl a small smile, "May I come in?"

"Please do," Arabella opened the door further, allowing Rebekah to make way into the room. Arabella gently closed the door after Rebekah had entered, not wanting to wake anyone that had already gone to bed. "Is anything the matter?"

Rebekah took a seat at Arabella's desk, "I am here on behalf of my brother Niklaus. He did not mean to overstep earlier."

"He spoke to you of our conversation?"

"He was deeply troubled by the conversation. Our father used to get his anger out by tossing around my dear brother. Niklaus may seem cold but he has a good heart. He didn't mean to insult you."

"I understand,"

"Although I do not take lightly that you lied to him about the cause of your bruises."

"Rebekah,"

"Please do not try and lie with me. I can tell your heartbeat has sped up."

"How could you tell such a thing?"

Rebekah smirked slightly, chucking under her breath, "It is a small trick I have," Once the blonde noticed the look she had received from Arabella she added onto her statement, "I am not dabbling in the sins of witchcraft."

Arabella made a sound of relief, "It is not that I don't believe with it, but the townspeople burn those who practice magic at the stake. As for the lying of the bruises, I do not know your family well enough to speak about my life."

Rebekah nodded slightly, "That may be true but it is no secret that your stepmother is the cause of those bruises."

Arabella avoided eye contact with Rebekah, diverting her eyes around the room. "I apologize but I don't know why you have come to that accusation."

Rebekah sighed. "When we leave Mystic Falls, please let it be known that you are more than welcome to join us on our travels."

"I appreciate your offer, I do but I cannot accept your offer. This estate was my parents. I cannot leave it in Cora's hands. When I am of age, the property will be handed over to me as instructed in my father's will. My dream is to live on this estate, and find a love like my parents."

Rebekah smiled softly at Arabella, clasping her hand around Arabella's, "It appears we have more in common than what meets the eye."

━━━━

Word count: 1092

I do not own The Vampire Diaries.
All rights go to Julie Plec and Warner
Bro's. I only own any original
plot and characters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 6.1K 27
π‘Άπ’“π’‘π’‰π’Šπ’„ ~ (𝒂𝒅𝒋.) π’Žπ’šπ’”π’•π’†π’“π’Šπ’π’–π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’†π’π’•π’“π’‚π’π’„π’Šπ’π’ˆ; π’ƒπ’†π’šπ’π’π’… π’π’“π’…π’Šπ’π’‚π’“π’š π’–π’π’…π’†π’“π’”π’•π’‚π’π’…π’Šπ’π’ˆ "𝙔𝙀π™ͺ 𝙠𝙣𝙀𝙬...
28.5K 1.2K 9
ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀΙͺ α΄€Κ€Ιͺᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴑ Κœα΄€α΄… ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ Ιͺɴᴛᴏ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴛᴏᴑɴ ᴏꜰ α΄Κκœ±α΄›Ιͺα΄„ κœ°α΄€ΚŸΚŸκœ± ᴏʀ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ α΄‘α΄€κœ± κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ κœ±α΄›Κ€α΄œα΄„α΄‹ ʙʏ Κœα΄‡Κ€ α΄˜α΄‡Κ€κœ±α΄Ι΄α΄€ΚŸΙͺᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ α΄›Κœα΄€Ι΄ Κœα΄‡Κ€ Κ™α΄‡α΄€α΄œα΄›Κ !DIS...
189K 5.1K 48
"ᴬᡗ ᡗʰᡉ α΅‰βΏα΅ˆ α΅’αΆ  ᡗʰᡉ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ ᡗʰᡉ ᡇᡒᡗʰ α΅’αΆ  ᡘ˒ ʷᡉʳᡉ ˒ᡗⁱˑˑ αΆœα΅˜Κ³Λ’α΅‰α΅ˆ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson
3.8M 97K 43
The youngest Mikaelson and the oldest Salvatore meet under unlikely circumstances and fall in love. [SEASON TWO - THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK ONE OF T...