Sticks and Stones and Occasio...

Від amirah3136

It was never clearly abuse but it was never clearly not either. --------------------------- Water cascade... Більше

Characters and PSA
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 2

11 1 0
Від amirah3136

Hey guys! Let me know what you think so far and if there are any errors I am making that are bugging you. I'll try my best to fix things and I always love your suggestions. Thanks, and enjoy!

<><><><><><>

I stood stunned as the information sank in before sneaking into the kitchen and shooting Charlotte a quick message to warn her. Charlotte was a sweet, passive girl who was honestly more like a mother to me, and I knew she was easily caught off guard by the men in her life so I figured a warning was definitely due.

I finished cleaning the kitchen and making the kids' lunches for Monday before peeking my head around the corner to see Archer still lounging around.

Are his feet actually on the coffee table right now? The nerve of this guy! That groove was designed by my feet for my feet only!

I checked the time and was surprised to see that it was already 10 pm. As I watched Archer on the couch, the garage door opened, and In walked Paul from the other end of the hall. (hehe that rhymed) Confused as to why Paul was home when he was supposed to be out all night, I ducked back into the kitchen, praying he wouldn't see Archer in the living room. Thankfully, moments later he came into the kitchen where I had begun getting fixings for a sandwich for him.

"Hi Saylor, I figured you'd be here. Charlotte's still out, yes?" He asked, setting his things on the island and making his way over to where I stood by the stove. I smiled politely making sure to put some space between us. Paul wasn't a bad guy, but sometimes he made me uncomfortable and I liked to keep a good amount of distance between us.

"Yes. She had said you'd be out all night though?" I questioned and he grabbed a slice of cheese off the counter, throwing it back into his mouth.

Gross.

"The meeting got boring so I left, Plus I couldn't miss you again... I've been craving your sandwiches." I smiled my best fake smile at him and he took a step closer, placing himself behind me, his head hovering over my shoulder but not touching me.

You have approximately 10 seconds to kindly back away before this knife finds its way up your nose.

"Can I help?" he whispered seductively. His breath ticking the hairs on my neck. My throat tightened and the knife clattered from my hand onto the counter.

"What is going on in here?" came a rather brooding voice. Paul turned slowly to see Archer standing in the kitchen and I turned my face back to my sandwich, knowing that it was searing red.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Paul boomed, but Archer didn't flinch.

"It's of no concern to you, but what is of concern to me is why your all up in the helps business." I inwardly cringed at the use of the word "help" but I focused on the sandwich and pretended I was somewhere else.

Although, call me "the help" one more time and I'll bash that pretty face of yours. :)
...
Jeez. Who pissed in my cheerios this morning?

"You don't know what your talking about, your just a stupid kid." Paul laughed, brushing off the situation then he grabbed the sandwich I had finished and made his way out of the room. I listened to his heavy footsteps thump up the stairs before I turned around to meet a pair of blazing green eyes.

"I think I should go." I swallowed, wondering if I had even enough pride left to do that.

"Yeah probably. And next time, If you're going to mess around with Charlotte's husband, don't do it in the house." Tears stung my eyes as the weight of pure embarrassment smothered me and I began walking to the front door. As I passed Archer I heard him, mumble "slut" under his breath and a few tears escaped, wet and hot on my face.

<><><><><><>

As I arrived at my quaint apartment, I took note of how there were no lights on which was strange as Braydon was usually home before me. I walked to my door and unlocked it shocked to find a half-empty apartment. It seemed all of my "darling boyfriend's" things had been stolen. that was the only explanation.

"Braydon!" I called but no answer. I placed my stuff by the door and walked over to what looked like a note on one of the kitchen counters.

Say,

I'm really sorry I had to do this. I got offered a job overseas and I just couldn't pass it up. I knew you'd never be cool with going that far away, especially while you were in college and babysitting, so I considered turning it down. However, my parents pointed out how great of an opportunity this would be for me and I just couldn't say no to it. I know you'll do great things and grow into an amazing woman. I'm sorry I won't be with you to see that. I'm writing this because I'm a coward. If  I had to say this to your face, I'd never be able to leave. I paid a full year of rent for you so everything except food should be taken care of. Take care Say. I love you more than anything.

I'm sorry,

Braydon

I felt numb as I read the letter and then reread the letter, glancing around the apartment and pinching myself every now and then to make sure this wasn't some sort of sick joke and that I wasn't just having a horrible dream. Braydon had known everything about me and we had been together since my senior year of high school. Most of all, He had promised he would never leave me. Tears burned my face as they dripped onto the floor where I had decided to sit. It seemed within one day, my whole life had imploded in on itself. I was fully expecting to get fired from babysitting and If that happened, not only would I not have a job but I wouldn't have a life. those kids were my life.

<><><><><><>

When my alarm went off Monday morning, I wasn't sure what to do. I had effectively spent the whole weekend eating ice cream and drinking far too much wine. The hangover was real, let me tell you. But the phone call saying I was fired, was not apparently. I had no idea what to do but with little time and no word of being fired, I decided it was best if I went to work.

I parked in my normal spot and scanned for unusual cars but found none. I sighed in relief and then made my way to the house. I opened the door cautiously expected Paul or Charlotte to be there telling me to go home and not to come back, but instead, I was greeted with the usual chaos and hustle and bustle that was the Schuyler family. Alex and Caleb were running around, paying no mind to little Reese who was struggling to keep up with his brothers, Emily sat at the dining room table this time, reading her book, and Charlotte was bouncing around from kid to kid saying goodbye.

"Ah, Saylor! perfect timing. Missed you last night doll but your check is on the table. Text me if you need anything. I should be home at a normal time tonight." She called before leaving and I turned to find the kids waiting expectantly.

"Can I have shotgun today?" Alex asked, his eyes bright with expectation.

"Sorry bud, Emily is permanent shotgun rider. You're still too small for upfront." I informed as I made my way to the kitchen. I pulled out the kids' lunches and filed them into their backpacks as Alex continued to pout about the shotgun situation.

"Okay. Everyone in the car!" I rallied the kids and followed them out the front door as they all ran for the car. Reese grabbed my hand and walked next to me, apparently tired with his brother's shenanigans.

I would be too buddy.

I dropped the kids off at school as usual and then it was just Reese and me. I made him pancakes and some eggs. Then we read a few books before nap time. While Reese was napping I thought it was the perfect time to get some cleaning done. I vacuumed and mopped and did dishes. The house was sparkling. Then I settled down to enjoy the last few minutes of quiet time when my phone buzzed. I picked it up to see a message from Charlotte.

Hey hun, remember that estranged son Archer I told you about? He asked if he could stop by later to check on you and the kids. He'll probably be there in about 15 minutes.

My stomach clenched as I read the message and I sprung up off the couch just in time for the front door to open.

Holy mother of hecking heck.

I gasped as Archer walked in. Now that it was lighter and not night, I could see the whole bad boy image more fully. He was flawless. His Black hair falling effortlessly messily, his green eyes a stark contrast. And let me just say, I'm not one for jawlines but his jawline could cut glass. He was dressed in black from head to toe, topped off with a black leather jacket. As much as I willed myself not to, my mouth watered at the sight of him.

"Well don't you look like a little deer caught in headlights?" He smirked and my stomach flipped.

Curse you flippy stomach.

"I didn't know you were stopping by. Why are you stopping by?" I questioned, completely off guard.

"Well after our little run in the other night, I decided it was probably best to make sure you could actually do your job well and the kids weren't in danger. You know since your apparently banging Paul." And just like that the butterflies were gone, replaced by embarrassment followed by annoyance that he'd make such assumptions without even knowing me first.

Prick.

"I am most certainly not banging Paul." I fumed, crossing my arms against my chest

"That's not exactly what it looked like champ." He mused, popping the "p" and cocking an eyebrow.

Champ? I'm sorry, CHAMP!?

"Yeah, well you don't exactly look like you belong, Killer, so looks must be deceiving." I bit back, gesturing at his rather rugged appearance in this extremely wealthy neighborhood. His face faltered for a minute and I immediately regretted my words. However, my pride kept me from saying so and I held my ground.

"Uncle Archer!" came an excited voice and I turned to see Reese flying down the stairs almost faster than his little feet could take him. I assumed they called him uncle since he was really more of an uncle than a stepbrother at his age.

"Hey bud." he greeted the 3-year-old, ruffling his hair.

Stupid dick prick... stupid gorgeous dick prick.

"What are you doing here?" Reese interrogated, barely holding his excitement at bay.

"Oh just stopping by. I have to run a few errands but I was going to pop in later okay little dude?"

"Okay! You can have dinner with us!" Reese explained and I gasped in surprise. his small pleading eyes were turned on me in response.

"Please Say Say," he begged and I couldn't help it. I mean how do you say no to a 3-year-old.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

The Bad Boy Is Obsessed With Me ✔️ Від U

Підліткова література

1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
358K 7.6K 32
"So you like cuddling with me?" she asks me "if I say yes can I cuddle you more?" I ask her "No" she says to me "Then no I don't like cuddling with...
My next door neighbour | Updated | ✓ Від _Pure_LOVE

Підліткова література

66.4K 1.1K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
292K 7K 27
Megan attends college at Clemson University and she has a boyfriend, Christian, that she has been with since high school. She has the great best frie...