Kaminari centric oneshots (wh...

By BlowingYourMind

Kaminari whump, fluff, and angst. Kaminari is my absolute favorite character, so I'm making a book featuring... More

Falling asleep during movie night
Kaminari's Flu
Kaminari shuts down Mineta
Sleepwalking
Chargers please
Airplane mode
Nightmares
Abused
Abused pt. 2
4 Times Kaminari's friends gave him their hoodies
Bullied
Turned to a kid
Turned Into A Kid pt.3
Turned Into a kid pt.2
Turned Into A Kid, Conclusion
Testing Anxiety
Swimming Is Not Kaminari's Thing
Aizawa Is Just A Sleepy Man Child Confirmed
Sleepwalking... Again
Freckles
Winter Break
Mineta Has Been Kicked from the server.
Vaccination Day
Parents Day
Good With Kids
Allergies
Road Trip!
Girl For A Day
Girl... For more then 1 Day (Pt.2)
Girl... For more than 1 day (Pt.3)
Girl...For more than 1 day (pt.4)
Girl... For more than 1 day (pt.5, I think.)
Girl... For more than 1 day (conclusion.)
Dick on my face
Traitor and savior
Picking up the pieces
Cat Issues
Birthday
Thank You!

Cat issues, Ending

3.5K 149 86
By BlowingYourMind

A\N: I probably should have just made this little series one big chapter instead of splitting it- 

Kaminari was squeezed awake.

Wrapped between (Eri's?) Arms in a death grip, she squeezed harder, which Kaminari didn't think was possible. He felt his soul leave his little cat body. A conversation - a loud one- took place before him and Eri. Shinsou and Aizawa both stared at each other in a standoffish way. 

From what Kaminari's sleep hazed mind could supply, they were in a disagreement of sorts. The little girl that held him obviously didn't like it, holding onto Denki like a lifeline. 

 "What do you mean he's missing?" Shinsou gave in, allowing his hunched shoulders to drop from their defensive position. 

 " Like I said, he never came back from an errand to the corner store. All Might filed a missing persons report to his police chief buddy. We recently found his clothes on the street, I'm heading to the scene and I won't be back until we find him. "

Kaminari realized with a start, that they were talking about him. Eri buried her head into his neck, sniffling. "Not Kami..." 

 Kaminari's heart broke. He felt guilty for causing such distress from anyone. He was sure The class was worried sick, or at least he hoped so. Kaminari wasn't expecting people to worry too much, so he felt a slight pang of hope at the expression on Aizawa's face. Determination. 

Kaminari got the feeling he wasn't going to sleep until he found him. All the more reason to drop more clues that he could only hope they would pick up on.

 "I can help."

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose, looking utterly exausted. "You stay here. The class is already turning the city upside down in search of him, hell, I'm surprised Bakugo hasn't blown up an innocent civilian yet."

 Kaminari's guilt doubled. He didn't want an innocent person being slaughtered by Bakugo's explosions on his conscious.

 Shinsou's eyebrows furrowed "but I can help, i-"

 "No," Aizawa snapped, leaving no room for further objection. Eri, once again, squeezed the hell out of him. His soul ascended to the next plain as a strangled yowl escaped his throat.

 Hitoshi's eyes softened as he looked to the two. "Gentle Eri." 

 Shota adjusted his capture scarf as he headed to the front door, or at least what Kaminari assumed was the front door. "There's a vet appointment set for a couple of hours, make sure the cat stays in line." The studying gaze their homeroom teacher sent him was unsettling. 

Then he was gone. In a desperate search to find a missing person who wasn't exactly missing. He really needed to resolve the situation, sooner rather than later. Kaminari bit into his tongue, sharp teeth piercing it. Okay, outch.

He was still not used to this stupid cat body. His tongue lolled out in attempts to ease the pain. Another pair of hands, Shinsou's, hooked his hands under his (armpits?), Lifting him up so he could meet his eyes. The teen snorted, rolling his eyes. "Your the weirdest fucking cat I've ever met.",

'Yes, we've already established this. Now put me down, my tongue hurts.'

Shinsou seemed to get the message, setting him down on the floor for him to explore his new settings.

Kaminari discovered the hard way that he wasn't the only cat in the large house when he was brutally attacked.

Well, not brutally, but still. The devil of a she-cat watched him like a hawk from her perch on the scratching post. She held an intimidating aura, as if she was superior to every other being on the planet. Then she pounced on him. 

Kaminari didn't know he could run so fast.

Of course, until he toppled over, tripping on his tail, which hurt probably more than it should have. Was this how Ojiro felt when he accedently stepped on his tail? It totally threw off Kaminari's equilibrium as he tumbled down the stairs. Yeah, he would be sure to apologize when he was all fixed. 

But for now, he had a killer cat to worry about.

He thought he would be able to understand the secret animal language when he was turned into one, but was proved wrong when he didn't understand the curses he was sure there other cat was spitting at him. Huh. He didn't speak cat. His brain remained the same, but his body was morphed. 

Okay, he could work with this. 

Just as he thought he was in the clear, he crouched low in attempts to escape. He seemed to have ran at least three laps around the house in a desperate flee, because now he was back to the front of the house, standing below the front door. 

If he could just open the door...

The skittering of the larger cats nails against the hard wood floor alerted Kaminari of the she-cats approach. As quickly as he could, he dove into a shoe- Shinsou's shoe- to hide.

It seemed to be a worthy hiding place. 

The track shoe hid his body as he curled up inside of it. The devil herself let out a row of hisses, cat curses too be exact. He didn't know why she hated him so bad. Maybe it was him encroaching on her territory, or maybe she was just a grumpy old feline. What he did know, though, is that if she caught him, then he was cat nip. 

Thank god, his Lord and savior Shinsou, chased the demon away from him. Kaminari faintly heard a low chuckle and the click of a camera. Denki didn't blame him, if he saw cat in his shoe then he would probably laugh too. Despite that, he shuffled around to poke his head out of the peep hole, getting tangled up in the shoe laces.

Great, now he was really stuck. 

Another onslaught of laughter, this time from both Eri and Yamada. Traitors. The only one to help him from his shoe jail was Shinsou, bless his heart. 

Later though, Kaminari would house nothing but feelings of hatred twords the purple haired teen as he was shoved in a kennel to be taken to... The vet. Kaminari would almost rather face that nasty she-cat again then be taken to look over by an animal doctor.

He wasn't an animal!

And besides, he was never a fan of the regular doctors office anyways. Always poking and prodding, and the shots. The shots were the worst part. 

 "What a cute kitty you got there!" The vet smiled, voice a little too cheerful for Kaminari's liking. As Denki wiggled under Shinsou's grip, he only held him tighter between his hands. Hitoshi, if anything, seemed amused by Kaminari's struggle. 

 The vet pulled a clipboard from the waist band of her blindingly colorful scrubs. "So we're just here for a normal check up today? We can see the vaccinations he needs for his next visit."

Hitoshi nodded along, scratching that place between Kaminari's ears that he loved so much. Denki couldn't help but lean into the touch, purring at the warmth. Fuck Shinsou.

"So, what's his name?" 

Kaminari and Shinsou both froze at the question. To this moment, all Kaminari was referred to as 'cat' or 'brat' when he attempted to scratch his name into the wall. It didn't work out so well. 

Hitoshi glanced down, lips pulled together in musing. Denki looked up with pleading eyes. 

'Please, anything. Just not fluffy. Anything but fluffy.'

 "Sparky."

 Wow okay. That was worse. When Kaminari got out of this, which he was starting to think would be never, he would need to culture Shinsou on proper cat names. 

The rest of the appointment went as expected. 

Horribly.

He managed to escape the veterans gentle hold, bolting off of the metal table and frantically running around the room like a bat from hell. Much to his satisfaction, the vet fell to the floor many times. Serves her right for trying to shove that thermometer up his ass. 

When Hitoshi looked to Yamada for assistance, the pro hero simply shook his head. "Your cat, your responsibility." 

Denki had never appreciated his English teacher any more than in that moment. 

Eventually Shinsou managed to snatch him and pull him close to his chest, an iron grip on his scruff. Back to the drawing board of daring escapes. He could always go through the vents...

He didn't go through the vents.

He spent the rest of that time in silent misery. 

Overdramatic? Yes. Did Kaminari care? No. 

Once they were back in the car, Shinsou quirked an eyebrow at Kaminari's grumpy cat face. "I'm not saying sorry, it was just a vet visit. "

Kaminari cowered in his little kennle. 'You. Microchipped. Me.'

Before Shinsou could reply, Yamada's phone rang some kind of cheery ring tone that did not match Kaminari's current mood.  Shinsou was quick to reach over the center console to press the answer button. Aizawa's monotone voice boomed over the cars speakers, apparently Hizashi's phone was connected to bluetooth. 

Eri, who sat in the front next to Hizashi squealed in child-like glee. "Daddy! Hi!"

The low rumble of a chuckle sounded from the other end of the line. "Hi sweetie. I got a report on the Kaminari case. "

Oh, so he was a case now? Fancy. No, wait. He needed to find a way to turn back before he caused too much trouble. 

"Apparently the cashier of the store saw Kaminari walk out and run into a male, an adult male. We couldn't get a good look at him from the security camera, or what exactly happened to Kaminari, but it seems he was effectwe with a quirk. I'll notify you when we get new information. "

The line clicked off. Well, that was straight to the point. Kaminari cursed those grainy security camera for not picking up the man's face. Well, looks like he would need to find a way out of this by himself. 

~~~

The Kaminari case had no major breakthroughs throughout the weekend. Denki felt stab of guilt each time he watched Aizawa leave at the crack of dawn, hero gear and everything, only to return late into the night.

He tried. He really did. He pulled at the man's pant legs until the fabric ripped, but that didn't phase his homeroom teacher. He was on a man hunt for both Kaminari, and the dude who 'hurt' him. 

From what he could tell, it wasn't ruled as a kidnapping, because there was no ransom or live broadcast. It was labeled a quirk accedent. He knew there were specialist who could reverse the effects of quirks. Kaminari just needed to get his paws on one. 

During one of Aizawa and Yamada's late night conversations, Aizawa mentioned that Bakugo, Kirishima, Sero, and Mina basically had to go on lockdown for searching past curfew. Iida had to catch them sneaking out occasionally. 

Kaminari was overjoyed by their bloodthirsty attatudes. Good. He wasn't too happy either, but at least he knew what happened. They didnt. 

Once Aizawa even invited the group over to his house. Of course, he tried to get their attention and hint that he wasn't a cat, but it didn't work out. Instead he was manhandled by Mina and Sero until finally, Kirishima gave him mercy and let him rest on his lap. 

Somehow, the scent of nitroglycerin lead him to Bakugo, who looked disgusted to even be in the presents of cat Kaminari. It was okay, because Kaminari didn't care, he was warm to sleep against. And brownie points to him for saving him from the demon she-cat when she attempted to attack him. 

He really missed his friends. 

Which was why he was overjoyed when the weekend was over and it was time to return to the dormitories. The Aizawa-Yamada household was strict with the motto 'your cat, your responsibility,' so Shinsou was forced to take Kaminari to the dorms with him. 

As Shinsou swung his backpack over his shoulders, he smirked and picked Kaminari up. He became used to being carried, not that he liked it or anything. "You look awfully happy today."

Kaminari smacked him with paw, which only made Shinsou snort at his attempt of violence. 'Shut up. We're stuck together now because 'your cat, your responsibility.' 

"I feel that you just said something cocky, but I'm not about to waste my time arguing with a cat." Shinsou hefted Denki closer to himself as he entered the dorms.

 It was late afternoon, so there were few people in the commons. His crew all grumbled as they cleaned the room, all clad in ankle bracelets, much to Kaminari's amusement. They must have gone overboard to be assigned house arrest bracelets. Few other classmates sat at the large table or the surrounding couches, studying for the upcoming test that Denki totally forgot about. 

He had a lot to catch up on. 

A massive light bulb lit up in Kaminari's head when he noticed the quiet student sitting in the corner. Koda. The one who could talk to animals! 

The light at the end of the tunnel appeared as he lept from Shinsou's hold. Finally, a way to communicate. He had been itching to have human contact with someone during his time in solitary as a cat. 

'Koda! Koda! Koda!' He called as he ran up to the student. Kid dropped his pencil, looking around in confusion for who was calling his name. He looked down when Kaminari clawed at his pantleg. "What's wrong tiny creature?" He asked as he lifted Kaminari to the table. 

This caught the other occupants of the rooms attention as they shuffled closer to see what was happening. "Koda" Jiro asked, standing up from her chair next to him. "what's the matter? "

"This cat has something to say. "

"Sparky," Shinsou corrected. "His names sparky." 

"What the fuck kind of name is that? " Bakugo growled, even if he already knew his cat name. Kaminari couldn't agree more. Sparky was just about the lamest name he's ever heard. 

Before an argument could break out, Kaminari caught their attention my hissing. 'Koda, it's me, Kaminari. I was hit by a quirk and you gotta help me.' 

Koda reared back, almost falling out of his chair. Iida steadied him, more students were coming out of their dorms to see what the ruckus was. Koda blinked in surprise before his eyes flashed in understanding. 

"What is it Koda?" Kirishima asked as he picked Kaminari up. Denki didn't struggle for the soul fact that the red head started scratching him between the ears. 

"That cat claims to be Kaminari."

Kirishima almost dropped him. 

 "I-im sorry, but you are going to need to elaborate." Iida stuttered as the others stared at Kaminari in shock. 

" Sparky - Kaminari- says that he was hit by a quirk, which seemed to change him to a cat. "  Koda explained, flustered at the attention.

"Oh my god! I can totally see it now!" Mina squealed, pushing past Sero to poke and pros Kaminari. "He's even got a little lightning bolt!" 

After the recent vet visit, Denki shyed away at the hands reaching for him. Kirishima, thank god, moved away. "Guys chill, I don't think he likes that very much. "

Shinsou returned from the outside area with Aizawa in tow. He must have contacted him as soon as he heard the news. Shinsou, if anything, seemed amused by his situation. Aizawa, who got absolutely no sleep for the past two days, took Kaminari by the scruff to scold him, only to end up hugging him.

Luckily, it didn't take too long to get a quirk specialist to the dorms, only a couple of hours. Hours spent napping on the commons couch.  The search was called off as all of the teachers gathered in the dormitory in wait for the specialist, most likely to ask Kaminari questions once he was reverted back to his normal state.

Denki was more than happy to give up his cat form. In fact, he would be overjoyed to never see a cat again in his life.

The first thing he did when the specialist was finnished with his work, was stomp over to Shinsou (stark naked body and all) and jut a finger to his chest, pushing him back with each punctuated word. 

"You little shit. You. Microchipped. Me."

 "...Sorry."

" Sorry's not gonna be enough buddy. You let them shove a thermometer up my ass!"

 "My bad." 

" You better feel bad! " Kaminari huffed, crossing his arms. "That wasn't very cash money of you." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...
813 4 8
Hi everyone so I've been burnt out lately but I've also had many ideas that I'm not sure I want to make a whole separate book for since in the past I...
79.9K 982 17
I haven't wrote a story in so long so I'm sorry if this sucks. Also this is set where Bakugo is 28 in this story, reader is 27. Yes there is smut/ le...
6.2K 152 19
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING Bakugo lives in an abusive environment. He never knew what love actually felt like as he had never even loved his parents. Bu...