AT THE VERGE OF IT ALL 2023...

By Moroti_Writes

[𝙾𝙽 𝙢𝙾𝙸𝙽𝙢] From grass to grace and back again ... That has always been her story, well Tomiwa Adeshi... More

INTRODUCTION
PrologueοΏΌ
Meeting The Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21. ♠️
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 10

41 15 0
By Moroti_Writes

Pls play the song in the media as you read. Thank you

Tomiwa POV

It was the start of another week. I was supposed  to study  for the classes i was to have this week at school  because i didn't go to church at all yesterday. But as you would have it, I didn't get much study done. School today was pretty uneventful today and that    Was becasuse i avoided Tiana and her sopposed boyfriend, Smith all day.

Due to the situation of things which was the teachers meeting  at school today, the teacher decided to personally make i and Erica their house help. it was like we were the only one that are the good students in the school. as they were sending me to go and buy amala at iya sikirats place the were telling erica to go and buy ewagoin at iya tutu's place. the way our school turn into something else some times really baffles me.

I got to golden frays by 2:30 pm Miss Okiki was just stepping out by then and there were no customer. i greeted her none the less but as usual i got insults as response. the day Miss Okiki will be nice to me is the day i will rededicate my life to God and possibly become a Worker in the redeem Christan church of God parish on our street. I began to do my duties immediately, making sure every where was neat and arranged once Miss Okiki left. Ron my afternoon shift patner said

" tomiwa how far, i won rush go do something for house. no vex i dey come, i no take long"

" no wahala de go"

I responded to him in pidgin English i began singing the song  tomorrow from  my favourite movie Annie. it was produced in 2014 and trended for two years. I guess the the reason why i liked the song was because i am also and orphan like the girl in the movie. as i stared singing the song  our first  customer came in and took a sit. I went to greet him and ask him for his order but he said he wasn't ready so i went back to singing  my song while i made more small choops  and fries for afternoon batch.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

i sang my heart out to the song acting like annie in the movie while i made new batch. this song was one of my favourite songs from the movie.  If you asked me i have no regrets that i watched it over twenty times on my brothers phone before he finally deleted it. if he didnt delete it i probably would have wathed it for more than  100 times by now.

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

i was so lost in the song that i had some how forgotten that there was a customer here with me and he just might be watching me. I wasn't one to display my singing talents in front of people but there are some rare occasions. and this moment was one of those very rare occasions, not minding that i could feel his eyes on me i continued singing.

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin

And grin,
And say,
Oh!

at this point he was recording me. omg now i began to panic, do i stop? do i continue? i didn't know which one to do, but i did know that the show must go on. i couldn't stop now, if i did he would think i am a coward and that might even change his mind from ordering what he wanted. beside even if i wanted to i couldn't stop now when the highlight and the best part of the song was what i  was about to sin. So with a new found confidence i sang with all my heart as i face the camera because i wasn't facing it before

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day away!

that wasnt the end-of the song but i had to end it there at lest for now . i dont want Miss Okiki or someone that knows her who will end up walking in and ruining the moment. he turned of the video record of his phone putting the phone away so he could talk to me. before he even said more than two words to me he gave me a resounding round of appluse causing me to blush because this was the first time i am singing for an audience that is not my brother.

"do you give live performance to every first coustomers every afternoon, becuse if you dont then you should. that was some serious opera wilfride right there."

" thank you. its nothing fancy really, it something i do for fun. so can i take your order,"

he was quiet for a while but after a while he stood up walked up to me at the counter. he looked at me for a while first before looking away. he looked to be lost in thought congtemplatting if he should tell me or not. after a couple of seconds he looked at me and asked.

" have you heard of Dowen academy. they offer performance music, which teaches you how not to be shy and all that "

" yea I have heard of the school. But Ermmm my Guardian isn't financially stable for all that . But enough about me, what can I get you, small chops or—"

"Nah I'm good. Actually I didn't come to buy anything I came too see Miss Okikiola but look, I found something even more better. I Would like to  give you and all expenses paid Access into Dowen Academy, if you are interested of cause."

Okay hold on pause. First he Waltz in here, sits down like a king and doesn't order anything . As if that isn't enough he recorded me while I was working and singing, who knows what he is going to do with that video in his hands now . Probably sell it and make a million box of it, urgh!! the thought of that sickens me and now here is was standing in front of me telling he wants to give me all expenses paid to Dowen Academy. Yeh right like I would ever believe that, what If he is just saying this to bamboozo me inko and it's money ritual he wants to use me for. God forbid! With that in mind a fake smile on my face I said to him

" with all due respect sir, I am not interested. Besides how do I know this isnt a big scam and your not trying to lure out so you can use me for your malicious way."

" whao. That was intense. Look kid I am not that type of person. And even if I was, you are way to beautiful for me to do that to you. You know what, here is my ID and my business card to show you that I am legit and---"

"Hmmmhmmm booohooo how do I know it's not fake."

I Said interrupting his speech and he looked at me. Eyes wide like I had said the most unimaginable thing ever. What you don't blame me for being security Conscious.  This man could be a ritualist for all I care and I am not about to be is Victim.

"Whoa you really have trust issues. You know what here is my business card. I am giving you the opportunity of life time to school in Dowen Academy, one of the best school in Lagos state. Don't just pass it off because your paranoid."

"Oh really, I am paranoid? Ha and who am I to thank for that, your beloved country Nigeria."

He chuckled in response to that and said nothing. He was walking back to the main entrance now. Once he was almost at the door he stoped dead in his track and turned to give me one last glance. After a while of the staring contest he spoke saying.

" oh by the way, the name is Folarin... AkinFolarin Adeyemi. I am the son of the principal of Dowen Academy."

He left. He left after making such confession. And i Laughed,did this boy think him telling me his name and the child of who he was would make me swallow his words hook, Line and sinker. What a joke i carried on with my regular routine as I sand the remaining part of the song Tomorrow.

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,nd lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

I kept the stupid card he gave me in my bag Bering in mind to tell Miss Okiki once I get home. I just hope i won't be too tired to talk to her about it once I get home. Few minutes late Ron came in apologizing for taking to long and I  just shrugged at him as I continued the song I was sing.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day away!

" oga no dey disturb person jara, we know say you Sabi sing. Is okay ahh"

Ron said when he got tired of me singing i just laughed at him in response. A customer walked in, in that moment and ron went to attend to them. I continue sing the song while I worked my way in the kitchen.

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day away.

...

____________________________________

The end of another awesome chapter guys, probably the longest chapter ever. I hope you found it just as interesting as I found it when I was writing it. Any who with no further ado

Pls don't forget to spoil this chapter with
Votes
💬Comment💬
And of cause i'd really appreciate it if you
💖Share 💖

💫Thank you. 💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 217 23
**THE ORIGINAL EMMALINE - BUT WATTPAD TOOK IT DOWN AND REMOVED MY ACCOUNT ** Emmaline Black is no stranger to abuse, or to torture of any kind from h...
267 0 41
6 different teenagers walk into their Junior year like they have every other year. 6 different teenagers, almost all in different social groups, all...
639 1 13
Oh, the life of a teenage girl. It seems like high school never gets easier especially when it comes to love. Happiness was like a diamond, rare unti...
5 0 10
Try is about a girl named Brixlee who never cared about what people thought of her style, or what her interests were. Being popular in high school wa...