God Eater: Lighting's Requiem

ZERONHAS tarafından

In a world overrun by 'Violent gods', puny humans always faced death at their doorsteps. For years since the... Daha Fazla

Prologue: Fading Hope
Chapter 1: Withering Fate
Chapter 2: Trying to stand
Chapter 3: Path to Atonement
Chapter 4: Nightmares and Memories
Chapter 5: Similarities in Agony
Chapter 6: Mission with Kota
Chapter 8: Evaluation
Chapter 9: Coming New Arrival
Chapter 10: Hot Tail

Chapter 7: Closer to Madness

35 1 0
ZERONHAS tarafından

Upon spotting the ‘Violent gods’ that is scourging a pair of God Eaters, Zero halted; skidding a little from his built up momentum, and fired his God Arc. Multiple gun muzzles blazed as he let loose a barrage of Oracle Bullets towards an offending Aragami in a form of an ape with a series of pipe like organs on its back, that is trying to pummel a female God Eater protecting her unconscious comrade on the ground. The monster roared in pain as the bullets hit their mark, and after a moment; exploded, breaking the armored bonds of the Aragami’s right arm. The Koungo reeled back and turned tails running.

Then another Koungo made an attempt to flatten the female soldier; it tried to leap into the air but then a hail of colorful projectiles pushed it back giving the woman time to grab her partner and haul him away from the open. Grabbing the small opening; Zero charged at the Aragami and slashed it with his swiftly transformed weapon, Another roar sounded before the Simian forced its assaulter away by slamming its body down into the ground creating a small shock wave that pushed the white haired God Eater back.

The monster did not stood up immediately which again presented another opening. Kota joined it the assault and fired his barrage while Zero started to charge his weapon with raging energy. It didn’t took a lot of time for the ‘Violent god’ to finally get irritated enough for it to rise again to its feet and try to deal with the pest that is raining Oracle bullets to it.

But as soon as it stood up, the serrated blade of a Buster Blade God Arc came and slammed itself to the Koungo’s masked face; shattering the mask and obliterating the head of the Aragami. It then went limp and fell on it’s back. The slayer heaving for breath indicating that he gave everything in attack.

Wondering why they still haven’t seen the Aragami named Borg Calamn, the orange haired boy called out to his partner. “I don’t see the Borg!” But his worried cries was answered by the woman they rescued. “We were able to lose it around Sector 7-19 when we back tracked… It may have forgotten about us, if we’re lucky.” The girl said through her coms, being too far away from the two to actually say it in person.

Zero then took the honors of extracting the core of the fallen ‘god’. Now with low environmental tension and threat, Kota was able to have a good look at his friend, he then understood that his fellow is in one of his moments, where he’s close to the edge. He saw Zero’s eyes; how they burn with great anger and pain. Deciding that he should voice out his worry, the orange head tried to start a conversation. “Z, you… Ok?” Kota asked, concern evident from his tone. “Yes. I’m fine.” Zero answered after regaining a steady breathing, his eyes mellowing but the burning emotions still present. Deciding to not push any further, the yellow clad soldier decided to help out the woman instead.

While treating the fallen colleague, the female soldier decided that her partner needs to be brought back home, she called in for an emergency airlift. “This is Assault Second Class Sally Emmers, Requesting airlift for Gunner Private Ichiro Suzuki. Please hurry!” Came the transmission from the woman now know as Sally Emmers. The wait for a reply didn’t last long and a transmission coming from Head Quarters was received. “Affirmative, please hold your position and clear it from any Aragami Activity. ETA 10 minutes.” Hearing that, the small group then raised their alertness to maximum, readying themselves for anything that comes up. After a minute of waiting, another radio transmission was received but this time from one of the teams in the city.

“Team E be advised, we spotted your pursuing Borg! It’s heading to your direction! Be careful, we’ll try to join in after we finish up here! We’re having a tough time cracking this Ghoboro-Ghoboro!” With that, Zero and the other two active God Eater moved away from the injured man preparing to intercept the Aragami that’s coming. The wait didn’t last long, the shaking of the ground was then felt by the trio, indicating that the monster is not that far now.

A few more moments of intense concentration came and passed before the monster came, smashing some parts of a two story build as it crawled by. It has a form of a massive scorpion that has metal shell for skin and halves of a shield for pincers, its long and massive stinger raised and ready. Zero and Kota proceeded to fire at the Arachnid catching it in surprise, while Sally charged with her Short Blade God Arc at ready.

The bullets did little damage, mostly being deflected by the thick armor of the monster. Even Zero’s exploding ammunition only made the Aragami step back a little catching itself from the pushing explosions. Not long after the barrage started, the blade of Sally’s living weapon came and stabbed itself into one of the segments of the armor of the Borg, drawing blood, though the damage did little to the massive Arachnid. Feeling pain, the Borg screamed and recomposed itself; bringing its pincers together to form a complete shield.

The bullets became more useless as the shield’s front blocked most of the hail, prompting for the small group of soldiers to rethink their makeshift strategy. The woman wielding the Short Blade God Arc continued with her attack but with more vigor, having little worry for a friendly fire from the other two God Eaters. Though the pain also made the Aragami to retaliate; it raised its tail a little to the right while also angling its massive metallic body. Zero then realized what was the monster was doing, he warned the girl currently engage in combat, “Watch out! It’s going for a sweep attack!” Though it was too late.

The Arachnid spun in its place once; its tail outstretched, but that’s all it took to punish the human pestering it. Sally somehow manage to hold up her God Arc’s shield at the last second, but the attack still sent her hurling away at alarming velocity, and that velocity made some damage when she hit a concrete wall. The wall broke; giving away from the impact of the God Eater’s body. The Aragami in the other hand look pleased at its work; roaring at the two still undamaged soldiers right after it separated its shield; as if taunting the two to show it something worthy of its presence.

The white haired boy gritted his teeth as he witnessed the punishment being delivered, his anger only got fanned when the monster roared, taunting them. Now burning with emotion, he charged to the Arachnid and swung the transformed weapon’s hulking blade. He didn’t even heed the call and warnings of his friend as he did. Sparks riddled the air when the blade made contact with the armored front legs of the Borg, it bouncing off the think armor though the appendage was chipped a little. Zero was not able to contemplate about the damage that he cause to the Aragami when it once again lashed out its tail, this time not holding its shield together.

The white head took the damage head on and he was sent skidding on the broken asphalt road, coughing up blood from the damage that he received. Dazed and hurt, he laid there on the ground as the sound of shouting and gunfire echoed in the background. That was not his first time being struck by a ‘Violent god’ but he can never get used to the damage that those beings dish out. Groaning, Zero stood up gritting his teeth as the pain of bruises and small cuts intensified, remembering that his friend doesn’t have any melee capabilities and that he would be Aragami food if no one would back him up. Now once again on his feet, the boy felt the gaze of the girl from before, the girl that sends his emotions in disarray.

Now her gaze felt like that of intense disappointment, as if she’s disappointed at the results that Zero is giving, as if the things she had done for him is being wasted because of his foolishness and because the monster of a scorpion is still standing, still trying to devour. Zero didn’t know where the gaze was coming from but it’s affecting him, ‘Messing’ him up. His serious façade started to change, his lips started to twist and his emotions once again started to burn but now more fiercer than before he charged at the Borg moment ago. Ignoring all of the physical pain plaguing him, the white head charged again, this time more faster; his face spit by a broken murderous smile. A smile that became a famous sign for God Eaters to stay away, to not join in a battle with a soldier named Zero Lancer.

Kota did what he can to stay away and at the same time damage the Aragami hunting him. He can feel his heart beating faster and faster with every move he makes and every time he would see the twitch of an appendage of the Borg Calamn. He tried calling out to Zero to see if he’s somehow ok but he didn’t respond from his shouts, thinking that his friend lost consciousness, continued to lead away the Aragami from the knockdown soldiers, though he knows that if he get hit then he would be another one of the victims of the monster’s rows and rows of teeth and its insatiable hunger Along with his colleagues.

After dodging a charge from the massive Arachnid, the yellow clad boy fired at the back side of the Aragami; trying so hard to control the recoil of his God Arc, at the same time trying hard to make every round count. He did inflict noticeable damage, though it send the Borg into its enrage state; if his mother didn’t taught him well, he would have cursed.

The Borg made a fast turn and faced the orange haired God Eater; its anger declared with a roar to the boy, it then form its shield and send its stinger striking multiple location around it randomly. The force was enough to make the area that was hit explode into a rubbles of broken asphalt and concrete, it was also enough to make a sizable shockwave. One of this stinger strikes hit near Kota sending him rolling on the ground, his body racked with pain.

He did not have time to recover, just after the strike he heard the metallic sound that the Aragami produce whenever it would separate or unite its pincers. For Kota that may as well be the end, he was able to raise his body with his arms and gaze at the ‘Violent god’ before him. Once again his mind was filled with only one phrase, ‘I’m dead!’

But before the Borg can do anything else, the same red blade that the white haired boy used to attack it before came and crashed on its right front leg, having enough force to crack the armored limb and send it sliding on the asphalt road. The same blade missed Kota’s head with only centimeters. The Aragami then lost its balance and topple over, its weigh adding in the process. Just after a second, the same blade crashed on the armored head of the Borg making it stay longer on the ground; dazed from the powerful impact. Relief flowed in Kota’s vein when he recognized that the attacker was his white haired friend, but that relief got mixed with fear when he saw the face of his friend; his face was adorned with was smile of a mad man.

Zero did not waste time, after recovering from his attack, he charged energy in his God Arc and slammed it to the Aragami again; chuckling the entire time. The gathered energy making more damage as it made contact on the target; cracks formed on the armor of the Borg’s body eliciting a cry from the grounded monster. The charge attack also send an equal force to the white haired attacker, pushing him away from the Arachnid he was preying at.

Grunting as he skid on the asphalt, he then turned his gaze to the ‘Violent god’ only to see it standing up; more enrage than before. It made another roar and then once again formed its shield bracing for attacks, it was a mistake. The red clad boy wielding the massive blade that has been assaulting the massive scorpion took the opportunity to dish out some more punishment to the bracing monster, he transformed his God Arc to its Gun mode and proceeded to fire directly at the shield. Explosions covered the gigantic shield of the Borg and it was forced to maintain its defense.

Chipped pieces came flying off from the shield as the rapid bombardment finally started to have an effect, the pieces started small and insignificant but they soon became larger. Though the explosive rain didn’t last long, Zero’s God Arc soon emptied its reserves and the barrels stopped spinning; the cluster being red hot. The soldier didn’t let a moment pass, he again transformed his weapon to its blade form and dashed at the Borg while charging energy as he goes, the moment that he reached the Aragami, he has a full charged Charge Crush ready, and without any hesitation, slammed it on the cracked and dented shield.

The body part broke, shattering from the punishment that the mortal male unleashed on it. It made the monster cry in pain and thrash around; the agony of losing an appendage really digging deep into the Core of the ‘Violent god’. On the other hand, Kota watched all that transpired, all the things that his broken friend did. It was not the first time that he saw his fellow in that condition, but he can never get used to that; it’s really a contrast from the Zero that he chats with in the Den when they are off duty and also watches Anime with him. It’s the opposite of the good natured white haired boy that is always eager to listen to people and start banters.

As the orange haired boy contemplated on these things, he noticed that his friend is now preparing to finish the squirming Aragami; he was summoning the Predator mode of his weapon, readying to chomp away at the dying monster. Zero then let the hungry armament to have its fill, it mauled the cracked armor of the Borg Calamn, at first it struggled but it soon was able to shatter the broken shell and dive into the meat.

After some more seconds of more violent thrashing, the ‘Violent god’ stopped moving, and as soon as the white haired boy retracted his blade, the weapon released a surge of golden light from its core, the wielder’s body also gave a faint glow of the same light as if indicating that the weapon and the wielder is now sharing the energy that came from the dead Aragami.

Though not long after Zero was able to obtain this energy, he fell face down to the asphalt road. Alarmed, Kota stood up from his spot and run to him to see what happened; his musings shoved somewhere else in his mind, when he reached his friend he saw him unconscious and sound asleep; the energy that he carried now dispelled from his person and weapon.

Relieved that the reckless boy is still alive, Kota relaxed himself almost wanting to join his fellow on the cold road, but then he remembered the other soldiers that they fought with. He first ran to where Sally Emmers was sent flying; she was still alive to the boy’s relief though she is injured, the other gunner was untouched; still there where they left him. Now sure that the small group that is unconscious is not in any life threatening state, the orange head took a sit on one of a slab of concrete, resting his tired and hurting body.

Though a transmission made his blood flow faster in his veins making him look alive and alert. “This is Crow 6! We have spotted a Koungo, 9 o’clock,  running towards your position! I repeat, general direction, Medium Class Aragami: Koungo, 9 o’clock, ETA 15 seconds!” Kota didn’t have enough time to properly respond to the warning, a single floor building from his right crumbled producing a clod of dust, but the boy didn’t need a visual confirmation that the one that burst through the building was indeed a Koungo, because as soon as the dust cloud formed, it was blasted away by a compress release of air that made its mark only a few feet from where Kota was.

He stood up again and readied his massive Gun, but when he pressed the trigger, the weapon didn’t fire, it just made a click. Unbelief covered the boy’s body as soon as he realized that his luck ran out and that the Simian is charging at him aiming to pommel him to the ground, he also realized that it was the same one that escaped them from the beginning of the engagement. Even near death, his mother’s teaching prevailed, he made a made up cursed word to express how much he was screwed before trying to reload his weapon.

Though a rain of Oracle bullets came and hailed on the charging Aragami saved the lone soldier from his doom, the ‘Violent god’ falling to the ground. When Kota took a glance from where the bullets came, he saw four God Eaters; two of them Gunners like him. Once again relief washed over his whole being but then proved to be too much since he too joined the other 3 of his teammates in the land of dreams; he fainted and fell face down. The God Eaters only had one word to show their reaction to the events. “Oh…”

---***---
A/N: Dang, got carried away there. This may be one of the longest chapters I wrote for GE:LR. Sorry for the long wait for the update, I had a bad case of Unmotivativeness so I kinda struggled writing this Chapter (actually needed to rework it twice). Oh well, now here it is, and by the way its a really raw product.

See you in the next Chapter, This is ZERONHAS, signing out.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

886 21 5
If you were to say that two boys named Nathan Kazuki and Kieran Williams would not only become the greatest of friends, but they would also become a...
22.9K 862 40
Crafted into the ultimate weapon, Y/N L/N is sent to fight against the Angels attacking Japan as the battle leans less and less in their favour. Unbe...
1.4K 272 13
Sol, who is 'So Out of Luck' reincarnated as an orphan in a remote village which is setting in a novel he vaguely remembers reading. But the problem...
555 20 8
ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘꜱᴇ ᴀᴜ✩ (After losing her best friend, Y/N had to learn to survive outside and alone while only being 16. She thought it was too dangerous to...