Life goes on

By XxShimmyDelightxX

What if Ricky didn't leave after Adrian cheated on him with Ben? What if he went to Amy for comfort instead... More

Chapter 1: Letting your Guard Down
Chapter 2: No resistance
Chapter 3: Keeping Secrets
Chapter 4: Take it slow??
Chapter 5: Love, heartbreak, and bliss
Chapter 6: Don't doubt my Love
Chapter 7: Groceries, Phone calls, and birthcontrol
Chapter 9: Dramarama For Grant High Students
Chapter 10: I Think We're All Having a Bad Day
Chapter 11: I Can't Just Let Anyone In
Chapter 12: Being Left Behind, and Behind Left Alone
Chapter 13: Pinky Promise
Chapter 14: Getting Back Up, After Falling Down
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Madness
Chapter 17: I Just Want Her Back
Chapter 18: Sealing Promises Part 1
Chapter 19: I Love You Part 2
Chapter 20: Epilogue

Chapter 8: Movie and Burger kind of Guy

1.3K 45 4
By XxShimmyDelightxX

Amy Juerguns walked through Grant High's hallways carrying her book bag and a water bottle. She felt more energetic today, for some odd reason. She figured it was because she got a good night's sleep last night and a great breakfast this morning. Not only that but she felt... happy. Her eyes were wide, she had a spring in her step and her smile spread across her face.

She reached her locker, and threw her heavy books inside. She had a mirror on the inside of her locker and she checked to see exactly what she looked like... she looked good. She smiled with satisfaction and brushed her bangs out of her face. She closed her locker to be greeted with the faces of Madison and Lauren.

"Oh, hi guys." Amy said eyeing them wondering why their arms were crossed, eyebrows raised.

"Hi Amy." Madison said suspiciously. Amy smiled nervously.

"So you and Ricky huh?" Lauren asked with attitude. Amy bit her lip.

"N-n-no." Amy stuttered.

"You stutter when you lie Amy!" Madison pointed her finger at Amy.

"Don't lie to us Amy, we're your best friends!" Lauren said shaking her head. Amy just rolled her eyes. She grabbed both of them by the hand and pulled them into the girls bathroom. She walked in and looked under the bathroom stalls to see if anyone was in them. It was clear.

She turned to face her two best friends and took a deep breath.

"Okay, me and Ricky have decided we would give us a try." Amy said trying to calm down her two best friends.

"Are you kidding me! That lying, cheating, man whore!" Madison screamed.

"Excuse me Madison, that lying, cheating, man whore happens to be the father of my baby!" Amy said. She crossed her arms and glared at the two girls.

"Exactly. He got you pregnant, he doesn't care Amy! He lies and cheats, it's what he does!" Lauren said again. She always tried to be the voice of reason, but she failed. Big time.

"Sure, I got pregnant at the wrong time, but I love my son! I don't regret it. I can't imagine my life without John!" Amy was flaming now.

"Amy, you don't love Ricky though..." Madison said, calming down a little bit now.

"I love him as the father of my son, I like him as a boyfriend. It will be hard to be with him and I understand that, but when you like someone... you like them. I'm not saying we are serious, I'm not guaranteeing it will work out but I'm saying I'm willing to give it a shot. A lot has happened this week and last week that changed everything, and we got through it together. I seen a different side of him guys..." Amy sighed, "I liked that side of him. I liked that he showed me that side of him because I know for a fact he has never done that for anyone else before. So don't go judging me and telling me things I should or should not do. I'm a big girl now, it's time I make my own decisions and choose what I do or not do. I'm done with being judged, I'm done with Ricky being judged! We know each other best and we know what we go through together... understand. Please." Amy shrugged.

She had never said anything like that before. For once, she knew what she wanted and she actually believed what she was saying.

It was the truth.

In all it's entirety.

......

Amy sat down at the cement picnic tables at lunch. She had some homework on the table, a bottle of water beside her and her cell phone on the other side. She has just got off the phone with the nursery checking in on John, she loved doing that.

She was beginning to answer a calculus question when she heard footsteps behind her.

She ignored them thinking it was another person when a shadow covered her sunlight.

She turned around to find Ricky towering her.

"Hey." Ricky smirked while looking down at Amy.

"Hey." Amy smiled back. She looked back down and he sat down beside her. She dropped her pen and turned to face him.

"Do you mind if I come and see John tonight?" Ricky asked.

"Sure. He is your son too." Amy said. He just nodded.

"So did you hear Betty and Leo changed their mind about the wedding? They are having it in a tropical island off to coast of Jamaica."

"Wow," Ricky laughed, "so Amy, John's first birthday is coming up and I was wondering if I could have him for the weekend." He said nervously. Amy's jaw dropped.

"On his first birthday!" Amy said appalled.

"What if you both came to my house. I want at least one day with him alone though Amy. I am his father as you said earlier." Ricky used her previous words against her. She frowned.

"If I can stay the night of his birthday, then sure. Just know I'm not happy about it." Amy said. She sounded upset. After, turned back to her homework and began writing. Ricky sighed.

"Amy, I'm sorry." Ricky touched her cheek. He was truly a charmer because Amy just let it go. The warmth his fingers sent to her was amazing, but it was like an electric shock when he touched her.

A soothing electric shock.

They both felt it. It was indescribable.

Finally Ricky stopped because he remembered all the people around and they wanted to keep this between them for now.

Too late.

Everyone was starring. Eyes wide, waiting for their next move. It was truly ridiculous.

They both just shrugged it off. Amy turned to Ricky again.

"You know Ricky, I don't mind dates..." Amy said hinting.

"I don't date Amy, you know that." Ricky told her.

"Ricky, we're dating. We are not a one night stand or a one time thing. You have to give a little bit of effort." Amy said.

"Amy, why can't I just bring you like, a burger or something and we watch movies on your couch?" Ricky asked like it was no big deal.

"You can do better then that Ricky." Ricky was starting to get annoyed. She was never going to let this go.

" Do you want to go on a date Amy!" Ricky finally asked.

Amy's jaw dropped. It then quickly turned into a smile.

" Pick me up at 7. Don't be late." Amy gathered her books. She got up and walked away, swaying her hips a little bit. He was Ricky after all, she knew who she was dealing with.

That night...

Adrian glossed her round, plump lips with her shiny, pink lip gloss. She puckered them and made a loud POP when she was finished. She fluffed her curls and adjusted her shirt so the v-neck was lower. She wiped away a small black smudge of mascara and then did a seductive pose in the mirror. She stood back and took in her outfit. Black tight pants with a white v-neck t-shirt. She had on black, shiny pumps that made her legs look longer. She smiled with satisfaction.

Adrian had no clue why she was getting so dressed up for Max. This technically wasn't a date, she didn't want it to be. Even though she was going out with Max, she was still thinking of Ricky and Ben. Her thoughts were always going back to those two, maybe she needed this date to get them off her mind.

Finally, she heard a knock at the door. She flattened her shirt and walked confidently over to the front door.

She opened it to see Max with his hands in his pocket on the other side of the door. He still had curly blonde hair just a little bit longer then before, his eyes were still that emerald green Adrian couldn't forget. They were piercing and they happen to be taking in her ensemble. He looked exactly as she remembered him, just a lot more good looking.

Weirdly.

"Adrian Lee." That was all Max could say. Adrian stood there awkwardly. She grabbed her coat from the bench beside the door.

"Let's go." Adrian walked out of the door with Max following behind. They hopped in Adrian's car and she got in the drivers side.

"Shouldn't the guy drive? It's the classy thing to do." Adrian started her car and put on her seat belt. She looked at Max.

"Screw classy. I'm driving, this isn't a date. Don't court me again. I'm not court able."

Adrian looked away. She gazed in her rear view mirror and pulled out of the driveway. She sped down the street leaving tire marks on the pavement and leaving behind and every thought about Ben and Ricky.

At least she hoped.

...

2 hours later...

" Max, what did we just do?" Adrian bit her lip while starring up at the ceiling beside Max... unclothed.

Ashley Juerguns walked through the kitchen door with her dad behind her. She was holding a plastic bag with a brown bag in it.

"Thanks dad, for taking me." Ashley said to her dad.

"Don't mention it... literally." George said unhappily. He was still upset he had to do this. He didn't want his daughter having sex, thinking about sex or talking about sex.

"Just because I got you birth control, doesn't mean you can have sex Ash." George reminded her.

" know dad." Ashley walked away leaving her dad standing there.

Ashley jogged in a hurried out to the garage and closed the door hastily. She ran over to her bed and grabbed her cell phone. She dialled Grant's number quickly.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Hello Love!" Grant said enthusiastically.

"Hey, listen. We have to talk.." Ashley said slowly.

"Of course... wait. About?" Grant asked suspiciously.

"What if I told you I got birth control?" Ashley asked.

It was dead silence on the other line.

He probably had a heart attack.

"It would be cool if you were telling me where we were going." Amy said.

Ricky was covering her eyes with his hands, leading Amy up a flight of stairs. It was a narrow walk because she could feel the walls if she stretched out her arms and she knew she had definitely never been here before.

Finally, they reached the top of the stairs and Ricky moved his hands away from her eyes.

All she seen was a big metal door.

She was so confused. She turned to Ricky.

"Great date." She pointed at herself and Ricky standing at the top of a stair case in front of a large, metal door. Ricky rolled his eyes.

"It hasn't even started." He pick locked the door with a pin. Amy smirked.

"You seem to be very good at this." Amy said sarcastically.

"You're in a mood." Ricky retorted. Amy just laughed it off.

Finally, the door unlocked and Ricky pushed it open. Amy's jaw dropped.

"Oh. My. God." Amy said shocked.

She looked around in a daze. They were on top of a roof with twinkle lights. They lit up the dark, starry sky and make everything feel surreal. Amy felt like she was in a movie, a romance of course. There was two blankets on the ground, but not beside each other.

There was a little bit of distance. He was obviously giving her space and not making things so awkward. In front of the blankets were two burgers from the dairy shack and a bunch of DVD's in front of them. Beside the DVD's and in front of the blankets was a small portable DVD player.

Amy smiled and turned to face Ricky. He smirked.

"I told you I was a move and burger kind of guy."

"That you did. This is amazing though." Amy embraced Ricky in a loving hug. It lasted a few minutes until they finally let go. They both missed the warmth and contact.

"Wait, how do you know about this place?" Amy questioned. Her voice was practically a whisper.

"I come up here to think sometimes. I used to live here at one point when I was younger.

Moved right away but I still came here, still do." Amy accepted that response.

They went and sat on the blankets and they both grabbed their burgers. They popped in a DVD and enjoyed the night. They felt a warm breeze go by and they looked up. They swore they saw a shooting star.

But they'd probably argue about that later.

For now, they were enjoying the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 784 44
(Not Edited) Its my first story and has many mistakes. But it gets better as it goes further. Erica Hale, a young girl in her early 21, her life is...
72 10 10
Olivia made her decision. She was finally here. She decided to accept Jose's invitation for this one chance to show her what being with him was like...
3.5K 162 37
Please give my story a TRY. I assure you that it's going to be worth it. Amy is a 21year old lady who graduated from college with a very good degree...
7.7K 302 60
Cody and Maria were childhood best friends. They were in daycare together and ever since, they were always by each other's side. But one day, when he...