Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling
Chapter 65: Their daughter-in-law

Chapter 45: Need a ride?

12.2K 552 171
By AurumHeart

Adam's outfit above.

Amelia Black

BAM! BAM! BAM!

I open my eyes and look at my Rolex. It's almost three in morning. I open the door to my hotel room and see my husband.

"Amelia." He grabs me and pulls me into in his arms, hugging me tight.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. How did you find me?"

"I spent the whole night looking for you. How could you disappear like that? I was worried to death. Don't ever do that again."

"Sorry." I mutter.

He stares at me then runs his fingers through his hair then he pulls me into the room. "Sit."

I take a seat and look down.

"Look at me." He demands.

I gently raise my eyes and meet his.

"Do you have any idea how fucking stupid your actions were?"

"I just needed a break."

"And does that come with putting yourself in danger?"

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm fine, nothing happened."

"Don't give me that tone! What you did was so fucking childish and irresponsible. Something could have happened to you."

"Can you just go? The reason I ran away is because I didn't want to see you. I still don't want to see you so just leave, please."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry? If I knew you would be this upset, I wouldn't have answered your question."

"This isn't about a stupid question! It's about you disregarding my feelings and disrespecting me."

"And how did I do that? I told you I don't know much about love and relationships."

"Oh my God. Just go."

"No, I am not going anywhere till you talk."

"I don't want to talk to you because you're always missing the point. I told you how I felt last month and when you said you didn't want to be with me, I was fine with it even though it hurt a lot."

"What pains me right now is you believing I would tell you how I feel, kiss you and then go back into Liam's arms. Do you think it was easy for me to confess my feelings for you? It's something that I've never done before but I knew I could trust you with everything inside of me."

His face softens. "Amelia."

"I'm sorry I kissed you, okay? But you didn't have to act like a jerk afterwards and then take me to see your ex who happens to be your little brother. I felt so ashamed and disgusted with myself like I'm the worst person-"

He starts panicking. "No, no please don't say that. I am so sorry. I don't know why I was thinking. I'm sorry, Amelia."

"It's not your fault. It's mine which why I really need some space to sort out my feelings."

"No, nothing is your fault. This all has to do with my personal issues. I'm the one that's fucked up. Please don't blame yourself for anything."

I don't say anything.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Tell me, I will do everything I can."

"Just let me stay here for a few days."

He looks very reluctant but then he sighs, "Fine. I'll leave." He stands up. "Call me if you need anything."

A few minutes later, I hear the doorbell again. Honestly, I told him to leave.

I stand up and yank the door open with a huff and instead of Adam, I see my two best friends standing.

"Sup, bitch?" Emily smiles.

****

So it's five am now. Emily and Nicole haven't slept at all and I only slept for a few hours before Adam woke me up.

I just finished telling the girls what actually happened from New York to earlier when Adam was here.

"So what are you going to do now?" Nicole asks.

"I'm not sure."

"I still can't believe you kissed Adam." Emily says, smiling and shaking her head in disbelief.

"Me too." I chuckle. That was probably the craziest thing I've ever done because it is wayyy out of my comfort zone but it was worth it.

I fall on my back. "It's honestly the best kiss of my life. I can't stop thinking about it." I tell them.

Emily lays down with me while Nicole keeps texting on her phone. "Do you think he enjoyed it as much as you did?" She asks.

"It felt like it." I answer, pushing away strands of her red hair that fell on my face.

The memory of the kiss comes to me. How he held me close and how perfect his lips felt against mine.

"Snap out of it!" She exclaims.

"It was just so fucking good."

"Amelia said she would sleep with Adam." Nicole drops her phone and turns her attention to us.

"What seriously?" Emily looks at me in shock and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, that's how I knew that she really loves him." Nicole answers her.

"Do you really?"

"I think so."

"Don't you think the reason you like him so much is that for the first time in your life there's something you want that you might not be able to have?"

"I wish it was that easy. I love him for him. The complicated, moody but most kindhearted person I know."

"And the sexiest!"

"Oh, definitely," I smirk.

"Julian said if there's anyone in this world that can handle Amelia, it's Adam."

I smile at the comment then tilt my head to look at her. "Since when do you talk to Julian?"

"Uh, we started talking  again like two weeks ago."

"And you're telling us now?!"

"I feel like we used to be so much closer than this. We always talked about everything." Emily says.

"I guess it's because our lives used to be in sync but now, we all have different lives. Amelia is in an arranged marriage, you and Colton are crazily in love while I'm single and about to graduate from Hardwood."

We all used to be single and had no one but each other but relationships change you.

"I guess that's true but I really miss you guys." Nicole says.

"Yeah, I always feel complete when I'm with you guys." I add.

"Let's promise to never hide things from each other." She replies.

"Uh, before we do that, you guys should know I haven't seen my period in two weeks." Emily confesses.

"Holy fucking shit!"

****

Nicole and Emily's outfits

So we're out at the nearest grocery store to buy pregnancy tests.

"Which one?" Nicole asks holding two in her hand.

Emily just shrugs and I roll my eyes. "We're not going to buy just one. We have to buy like five or six." I tell them, then start grabbing different brands of pregnancy test and putting them in the cart.

"Oh, that one has two in it." Nicole points.

"Yeah."

We move from the pregnancy test aisle and I turn to look at them. "You guys want anything else?"

"Maybe some chocolate." Emily smiles and I frown. "Is that healthy for you? I don't think pregnant women are allowed to eat chocolate."

"Yeah, let me google that." Nicole pulls out her phone.

"Guys, I'm not even sure if I'm pregnant. It might be a hormonal issue or something."

"We can't take any risks though." I tell her.

Emily did get her chocolate and we're now back at the hotel. She's in the bathroom, peeing on the sticks.

We hear the door open and Nicole and I look at each other.

Emily comes out looking nervous. "We have to wait."

"Okay."

She goes back into the bathroom a few seconds later. "Guys, I can't check can you come in here please?"

Nicole and I join her and I see two tests on the sink. Me and Nicole look at it together and we both gasp.

"What?" Emily asks in panic.

"It's positive."

"Oh."

"Emily, I thought you guys were safe." Nicole says.

"Of course we were."

"How do you feel?" I ask her.

"I don't know. Guys, there's a baby inside me." She says.

"But it's a good thing, right?" Nicole smiles.

"I'm pregnant." Emily whispers, touching her tummy.

"We're pregnant." I tell her.

We've always said that when one of us get pregnant, it would be our baby.

"Yeah, guys. We're actually pregnant." She smiles.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" Nicole squeals and I start laughing.

We all hug each other and start jumping around.

****

We were all cuddled up and sleeping in my bed when Nicole's phone starts ringing.

"It's Julian." She says in a sleepy voice.

"Put is on speaker." Emily tells her

"Nicki." My cousin's voice comes through the phone.

"Hey." Nicole breathes.

"I'm going back to LA tonight."

"Oh."

"Do you want to meet me for brunch?" He asks.

"Sure, where?"

"I'm not sure. I will send a driver to come and pick you."

"Alright. I'm at Herz."

"Herz? What are you doing there?"

"I came to see Amelia."

"Fuck! Did that nutcase leave her house or something?"

I roll my eyes. Who is he calling a nutcase?

"Yes, she did and don't call her a nutcase."

"Whatever, what time do you want me to send the driver?"

"Eleven-ish?"

"Okay, I'll see you then."

"Bye."

"That was so cute. It actually touched my heart." Emily tells her.

"I wonder what he wants to talk about."

I grab my phone to text Leah, telling her to buy clothes, underwear and anything that I know Nicole and Emily will need later and have it sent to the hotel.

****

Amelia's outfit

Nicole and Emily have left and I'm now about to go for my therapy session with Dr Sloan.

I'm waiting for my driver when I hear a very familiar voice behind me.

"Need a ride?"

My eyes widen and I turn around.

"Brian?! Oh my God!" I squeal.

"Hii." He wraps his hands around me tightly. I hug him back, grinning.

"What? How? When??!" I ramble.

"This morning." He replies.

"How did you know I was here?"

He shows me his phone screen. Our find my friends app. "I got an alert that you were nearby. I'm staying here while my house is getting renovated."

"You're moving out of your parents'?

"It's about time."

"Yeah. Well, congratulations. Let me know if you need help with house decorations or anything."

"Will do." He smiles then adds, "Why are you here though? Shouldn't be relaxing in some yacht with Adam?"

"Nah! I left home."

"Amelia Rose Smith. Of course you did."

I chuckle and just shrug.

"So where are you heading?"

"Therapy."

"Therapy? What kind of therapy? Did something happen?"

"No, it's just normal everyday therapy."

He burst into laughter. "Normal....every...day therapy?" He says in between the laughs. "I leave you for one second and you join therapy? Dude, what would you do without me?"

"I hope I never find out."

****

"What did you feel when you saw him?" Dr Sloan asks.

What did I feel when I saw Liam? Hmmm.

"I don't know. Shock? Anger? Guilt?" I answer.

"Why would you feel guilty?" She asks in confusion.

"I kissed Adam just hours before that."

Her eyes widen. "You kissed him?"

I nod.

"So you felt guilty for kissing Adam?"

"Yes."

"Is it because you still love Liam?"

"No!" I exclaim. "Of course not. I just...I don't know how to explain. It was weird seeing him and Adam is his brother."

"How did Adam react to the kiss?"

"He was into it. He kissed me back and it was hot and passionate but then, he acted like it didn't happen the next morning. He kept a distance from me."

"On a normal day, how is your relationship?"

"Friendly. He's like my best friend. I feel comfortable with him and I can talk to him about anything. We also flirt sometimes."

Adam would probably deny this but we do have a flirtatious relationship. Our body language sometimes and he even has an endearment for me which unfortunately, he doesn't use anymore.

"What's your biggest worry when it comes to Adam?"

"I know he was into our kiss and sometimes we cuddle. Those moments meant a lot to me but we have never connected on an emotional level."

"So you're worried his attraction to you is only physical?"

"Yes. I mean, I've never even had sex because it's obviously a big deal to me but I know Adam has umm.....a history. He's been with so many girls that he claims he had no feelings for."

"And you think you're one of those girls?"

"I might be. He literally said he has no feelings for me. I have never been in a no string attached relationship, I don't know how they work. I only kiss a guy when I know he likes me but with Adam, I can't think straight. I want him too damn much."

"It's natural for humans to want what they can't have." She states.

I look up at her. "You think that the reason I like Adam is because he likes me back?"

"No. I'm asking you if that's the reason."

"It's not. At the beginning, I didn't even want to have feelings for him. My feelings for him are based on who is as a person and I've felt a connection to him."

"Did you have a connection with Liam?"

"Yes but it was different than this."

"How often do you compare Adam with Liam?"

"Not as much as I thought I would. Liam always said that he and Adam were the same but in my eyes they couldn't be more different."

"The relationship you had with Liam, it was sustainable and easy. The kind you've always wanted for yourself. He respected you and was there for you and you both knew what you wanted and didn't want from each other."

"Exactly."

"But with Adam?"

"It's completely different because first of all, it's not even a relationship. I don't know what it is and I hate that because I've always had my relationships figured about but this lack of knowing, it's hard for me. I hate it."

"If you had the chance to go back and be with Liam, marry him and avoid all that's happened with Adam, would take it?"

"No." I answer without hesitation.

"Are you sure?"

"Wait, do you think I would?"

"What I think doesn't matter. Do you think you would?"

"I feel like you are totally Team Liam right now and you want me to say yes."

"If I'm on anyone's team, it's yours. I want what's best for you and the only thing I want you to say is the truth."

If there's anything I've learnt from everything that's happened the pass year is never say never. I truly believe that Mine and Liam's chapter is closed but he and I have been through a lot and I couldn't even talk to him when I saw him.

So I give Dr Sloan my answer. "I don't know."

****

"It was Brian's fault." Ian says.

Brian, Ian, Tyler, Jacob, Jas, Chloe, Nicole, Emily and I are having dinner at Tyler and Jake's house. We're all so happy to have them back.

Rob is still in Greece while Liam is well, I don't care. He's been texting and calling me nonstop, wanting to talk but I've ignored him.

I have nothing to say to him, honestly.

"No, it fucking wasn't! We all know who the psycho is between you and I."

"You didn't tell me the plan and giving my full name usually saves me from the police not get me arrested."

"So you guys went to jail?"

"No." They both answers.

"Then what happened?"

Ian and Brian share a nervous look. "We, um.....we were banned from Spain and re-entering ever again."

"Are you serious?" Nicole starts laughing hard.

"It was the ninth time we were arrested for public indecency! They had enough."

"You guys went to jail seven times?"

"No, we did not go to jail, Jasmine. Liam always reached out to Adam who made some calls to have us bailed."

"Liam did?" I ask. I wonder how much he and Adam keep in contact with each other.

"Yes, Amelia. Your Liam isn't as good as you thought. He got arrested more than Brian and I combined."

"He's not my Liam!" I snap harshly.

Everyone turns look at me while I recover myself. "Sorry, Ian." I apologize.

"I'm sorry, too." He says on a serious note.

"Yeah and what you said was a lie, dude."

"It was a joke."

Jasmine stares at them. "Uh, can we go back to how you were arrested nine times! What did you guys do?"

"Going to the mall shirtless, drug-use, assaulting and disrespecting a police officer, property vandalism, stealing and breaking, bribery and so on."

"You guys became thieves?"

"What did you steal and break?"

"Oh, just a bunch of hearts." Brian winks.

"Ugh! You disgust me!" Jas glares at him.

"Oh, don't be like that, cutie." Ian winks at her.

"So you guys because Adam told you to?"

"Yeah."

"So y'all are just a bunch of Liam's rug rats. He leaves and you leave with him, he comes back and you come back with them?" Chloe says.

"Actually, that's not what happened, blondie number two. Adam asked me to come back."

"What? Why would he do that?" I ask.

Ian looks down then clears his throat. "I um......I'm getting married."

We wait for two seconds and all fall into laughter. This is the funniest joke ever.

"You're crazy," Nicole giggles.

"Guys, I'm serious." He deadpans.

We stare at him in shock, none of us able to anything, except Jacob. "What the fuck?"

****

Hi, guys!

Here's the update as promised. I know it's a little late but the next one is one Tuesday so stay tuned.

How do feel about Emily's pregnancy?

And do you think Amelia did the right decision by staying at the hotel?

Are you excited to have Ian and Brian back?

What do you think about Ian's marriage?

Please vote, comment and share.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 7.4K 32
A R💗mance N💖vella Do you know why you're told to never get drunk? It's because you wake up and discover you made choices you never would have made...
1.4M 42.6K 70
Highest Ranking: #3 fiction "What were you going to say to her?" He looks down at me. "That we're not in love." I say in a duh tone. He smiles and l...
1.3M 40.9K 36
In this sequel to Falling Helplessly, Miles and Isabella find each other again. It's as if they're meant to be. What will the future hold for them? ...
193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...