The Strangest Thing: Billy Ha...

بواسطة Logi_The_Bear

It's October of 1984 and you're new at Hawkins. When you meet Billy, your life turns upside down. Can Nancy... المزيد

Chapter 1: Welcome to Hawkins
Chapter 2: A Tour of Hawkins
Chapter 3: Will Byers
Chapter 4: The Call
Chapter 5: Halloween
Chapter 6: The Womanizer
Chapter 7: Thursday Night
Chapter 8: The Car Dealership
Chapter 9: Date Night
Chapter 11: The Aftermath
Chapter 12: Madmax
Chapter 13: Dogfight

Chapter 10: The Do-Over

1K 21 6
بواسطة Logi_The_Bear

Hi, I hope you enjoy this chapter. As always:

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

*CURSING*

NOTE: To all my readers overseas in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, etc., the publish date for these chapters is much more likely to be on Mondays because of the timezone.

Enjoy!

---

Beep. Beep. Beep.

You reach over and slap your alarm clock, digging your face into your pillow. It's only 8:30. Wait.

"Oh, shit" you leap up from your bed and throw your covers, accidentally throwing them off a half-asleep Billy. "Shit, shit, shit."

You're rummaging through your closet for clothes when a voice behind you pipes up, "The hell's wrong?" Billy's voice is groggy and hoarse.

"We have to go... school starts in ten minutes." You toss jeans and an old t-shirt onto your chair and begin packing your bag.

"You're seriously gonna go to school when we got five hours of sleep?" He rolls back over and lies down again. You put your school clothes down, giving in to Billy's pressure.

A knock. "Y/n?" Your mom practically yells through your closed door. "It's almost time for school."

"Don't say anything." You whisper to Billy, who's half-asleep. "Yeah, mom?" You mumble with your best sick-voice.

"Is everything okay in there? You don't sound too good." Your mom says concerned and jiggles your door handle.

"Yeah, I just don't feel well. I stayed up really late." You let out a fake cough and a sniffle. "I don't think I can go to school today." Billy sits up, amused by your lie.

"Oh, okay." Your mom says, relieved. "Well, I have to go to work and your father is off on a work trip.  Your brother also doesn't feel well and is asleep."

"Okay, love you, mom. See you after work." You grumble, sniffing again.

"Love you, feel better." Your mom's voice trails away.  You tiptoe over to the door, listening to your mom walk down the stairs and out the door. 

As you hear the front door close, you turn to Billy. "Well, that was painful to watch," Billy says snarkily. "Please, never become an actor."

"Shut up" You giggle. "Well, now that we're not going to school, where do we go?" You sit at the end of your bed.

"Back to bed." Billy moves over and digs his face into a pillow.

"Sounds good." You shrug your shoulders and move in next to him.  Just before you fall asleep, you look at Billy. God, he looks so peaceful when he's asleep.

---

You wake up to the sunlight illuminating your room.  You stretch out your legs and squeeze your eyes shut, taking a deep breath in.  Leaning out the open window is Billy, smoking a cigarette.

"Seriously? You just got up and you're smoking? It's 10:30." You sit up in your bed and stretch your arms.

Billy shrugs and holds the cigarette in his lips.  He walks over to your chair, where his coat is hanging.  He starts to slip it on and looks for his shoes.

"Where are you going?" You say, confused by the sudden exit.

"We are going to eat. I'm starving." He grabs your school clothes from earlier and hands them to you.

"Okay, just let me get dressed." You go to your bathroom to get dressed. You throw on your t-shirt and jeans, then go back to your room.  You give Billy a wave indicating to follow you.

In the hall, you walk past Robert's room, who's fast asleep.  You let out a little laugh before continuing down the stairs.  Once downstairs, Billy starts walking towards the door.  Though, you stop at your dining room table and grab a loose piece of paper.

"What are you doing?" Billy asks, now turned around at the door.

"I'm writing a note... for Robert." You scribble out a few sentences before heading towards the door. "Just telling him that he's home alone."

---

You sit in a run-down diner at a booth.  The leather seats are faded and the menus are worn.  The wallpaper is peeling and it smells of bacon.  You sip on your water while Billy drinks a dark coffee.

"So..." You tap the side of the menu with your fingers, scanning your options. "What's the plan for today?"

"I don't know," Billy says, not entirely paying attention.

"You don't know?" You put down the menu and try to read Billy's expressionless face.

"Yeah, just gimme a second." Billy pauses, reading his menu.  He looks up at you. "What if we went on a date?" A devilish smile appears on Billy's face and his eyes gleam mischievously.

"Like a breakfast date?" You give Billy an odd look.

"No, like all day." Billy locks his eyes on yours. "You know I've been dying to go on a date with you." Those damn eyes.

"Okay," You say while Billy's eyes trail from your eyes to your lips. "You've got a deal." You sip your water and Billy breaks his gaze from your lips back to your eyes. "So where are you taking me?"

Just as Billy's about to mention a place to go, a young waitress walks up to the table.  She wears her auburn hair in a slick ponytail and she walks with a mixture of confidence and arrogance.

"A burger for the boy and an omelet for the girl." She plops your plate down in front of you but slides Billy's towards him.  She turns to leave but gives Billy a swift wink before walking away.

You scowl at the waitress, who's now turned away from you.  Then, you scowl at Billy, who's already eating. "What?" Billy says with his face stuffed with food and a shit-eating grin.

You laugh at how stupid Billy looks. You can tell that Billy knew what the waitress wanted, but didn't care.  Finally relaxed, you start eating your food.

---

You put your seatbelt on as Billy starts the engine of your car.  "Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise." He says with a poker face.

He drives you from the outskirts of Hawkins towards the downtown.  Batches of people walk down the streets, mostly adults. Then, Billy parks the car on the street and stops. 

"Here already?" You take off your seatbelt and open the door.

"Just down the block." He tosses the keys from one hand to the other, and you start walking down the block together.

In the distance is a big sign that says "HAWK".  

"Oh, I love the movies" You gush, thinking about all the new releases you heard about. "What are we going to see? A romance? A comedy?"

You approach the ticket booth, but Billy doesn't answer you, he just smiles.

"Two tickets for Terminator." Billy grins and flips open his wallet.

You glare at Billy, who can't help but laugh. 

The tired middle-age ticket teller hands you the tickets. "Enjoy the movie." He says, emotionless.

You walk in and head straight to the concession stands.

You stand in line with Billy. "Terminator? Seriously?" You say, crossing your arms.

"If it gets scary, just close your eyes." He raises his eyebrows and smiles. "Or better yet, I can protect you."

You get to the front of the line, where a young man is tiredly preparing snacks.

"One large popcorn," Billy says.

While Billy watches the worker scoop the popcorn, you pull a ten-dollar bill out of your pocket.

"Thanks." You hand the concession worker the money and he makes the change. Now it's Billy's turn to glare at you. You give him a smug smile back.

---

You sit in the theater with your hands over your eyes as Arnold Schwarzenegger starts his terminating. Billy looks over to you, laughs, and looks back at the screen.  You wrap both of your arms around his arm and lean on his shoulder.

---

After the movie, you start the car while Billy stares out the window in a daydream.

"Where to next?" Billy says and tunes the radio to a loud rock station.

"Hmm..." You look out the window and spot the grocery store in the distance. "I'm taking you home."

"What?" He looks at you, confused. "I thought we were on a date?"

"We are." You smile. "Go home and pick me up at 6:30."

---

You open the door to the house to Robert watching cartoons on the couch.

"Where were you this morning?" He asks, clearly annoyed.

"Where was I this morning? Where were you last night?" You say, matching his attitude.

"Playing DND?" He says, unsure.

"We both know that's a lie." You cross your arms and sit by him.

"Well, you wouldn't believe me anyway." He turns away from you and goes back to watching TV.

"Try me." You grab the remote from off the table and turn off the TV.

"I was with my friends." Robert takes a deep breath. "But we were burning tunnels connected to an alternate dimension?" He tries to read your expressions to see if you're messing with him.

"With Steve?" You quickly reply.

Confusedly, Robert asks,"Yeah, how'd you-"

"Who got beat up by Billy?" You ask.

"Yeah," Robert gives you a funny look. "Hey! You were with Billy last night, weren't you?"

"I was. And?" You glare at Robert.

"And he beat up Steve! Steve, your friend, Steve." He looks at you like you just stabbed him in the back.

"Yeah, but he was alone, half unconscious, and you and your friends stole his car." You point out.

"Well-" Robert objects.

"Listen, he needed help. So, I helped him." You try to settle the argument.

"So you gave him a ride home?" Questions Robert.

"Not exactly." You mumble. "He couldn't go home without Max."

"He stayed here?" Robert's eyes just about pop out of his head. "Jesus Chr-"

"Don't tell Mom and Dad. Please." You beg.

"Fine. But only if you don't tell them where I was." Robert reasons, with slight wariness.

"Deal." You shake Robert's hand. "Hey, did we bring that old picnic basket with us when we moved?"

"I think so... why?" Asks Robert.

"I need it for tonight." You start. "I'm going on a date."

"Not with-" You nod.

You defend, "He's not that bad of a guy. Once you get to know him-"

"You're crazy." Robert shakes his head and gets up.

"Whatever. Hey, are we good?" You ask, standing up.

"Yeah." Robert rummages around the kitchen and comes back with a picnic basket. "We're good."

---

You arrange sodas and sandwiches into your picnic basket and roll up a blanket. You check the time. 6:32.  Just then, a familiar rumble of a car gets louder as Billy approaches the house. You check yourself in the mirror- jeans and a t-shirt- one more time before going outside.

"You're late." You complain, sitting in the car.

"By two minutes." Billy objects and checks himself out in the mirror.

"Well, you're just lucky that my mom's running late." You fumble with the picnic basket.

"So, can you finally tell me where we're going?" Billy brushes his mullet and looks at you.

"Drive to the high school." You say, to which Billy gives you a strange look.

"Okay?" He starts his car and pulls away.  You look back to see Robert staring out of his bedroom window, talking into a walkie-talkie.

---

Billy pulls his car into your usual parking spot. You gather the basket and your blanket, getting out of the car. You grab his hand and start pulling him from the parking lot to the school building.  You bring him around the side of the school and stop at the football field.

"Ta-da," You say, gesturing to the field. "A picnic on the football field?"

"Good, I'm starving." Billy laughs and follows you.

You stop at the center of the football field and Billy grabs the blanket from you.  He unfolds it and opens it on the grass.  You put down the picnic basket and begin unpacking it, handing Billy a soda and a sandwich on a paper plate.

"I hope you like ham and cheese. That's all we had." You say, pulling out your sandwich.

"As long as it's food, it's great," Billy says and stuffs his face with the sandwich.

You sit in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the sandwiches and each other's company.

"So... is it all you wanted it to be?" You speak up and take a sip of soda.

"What?" Billy asks, putting down his empty plate.

"Your first date with me?" You ask and put away your sandwich.

"Oh," Billy says, surprised. "Of course it is."

Billy looks over your shoulder and smiles. You turn around to see the sun setting.  You move in next to Billy, putting your head on his shoulder. At first, he tenses up, but then his muscles relax. You move your hand closer to his.  When your hands touch, you both look down. Billy reaches and holds your hand, rubbing his thumb on your hand

"So, is Max okay?" You ask and look up at Billy.

"Yeah," Billy says, "she's just mad that I beat up her friends.

"But Steve and everyone else got home alright?" You look at Billy, concerned.

"Yeah, and somehow my car got home, too." He adds, "But Max scratched up the front. And Steve got blood all over the back seat."

"Why do you hate Steve so much?" You brush your free hand through your hair.

Billy shrugs his shoulders, "I don't hate him-"

"So you beat him up out of pure love?" You laugh and Billy glares at you, which makes you laugh harder.

"I mean, you haven't even been here for a week and you already managed to make an enemy." You point out. "Why'd you move to Hawkins, anyway?"

Billy doesn't answer.

"Billy?" You try to meet Billy's gaze, but can't.

"My dad. My deadbeat dad." You stare at him in silence. "He wanted to get away." He absentmindedly squeezes your hand a little. "Away from his past because he's a little bitch that can't deal with his emotions." Anger fills Billy's eyes, which seem to light up the now-dark football field."Because he doesn't know how to use his goddamn words. He only knows how to make my life hell."

"Billy," You say, while Billy takes a deep breath. "I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

Remnants of crickets chirp and in the distance, an owl calls into the night. You both lie down on the blanket, staring at the stars in silence.

"I miss California," Billy mutters and holds your hand a little tighter.

"It's okay. I miss South Carolina." You speak up, remembering the sun and the ocean. "It sucks, ya know? Being taken away from the only place you've ever known?"

"So why'd you move to Hawkins?" Billy turns his head and looks at you.

"My dad always told me it was because of his work. But I know that's a lie." You pause and gather your thoughts. "Robert was always bullied. And I-" You take a deep breath. "I dated this scumbag during my sophomore year.  He meant the world to me.  But he cheated." You squeeze your eyes shut in humiliation. "Three times. And I never figured it out until he broke up with me." You look back at Billy. "And he told everyone that I was the one that cheated."

"Damn I-" Billy starts.

"It's fine. So, Robert and I were pretty much outcasts.  So the second my dad gets a new job opportunity, he takes it. I just wish I didn't have to start my junior year there." You say, remembering the bullying and taunting.

You wrap your arms around Billy in a tight hug with your torso completely on top of him. At first, he doesn't quite know what to do but then wraps his arms around you. He rubs his hand against your arm and feels the goosebumps on your skin.

"Are you cold?" He pushes you off of him and sits up a little.

"Just a bit." You say, rubbing your arm.

Billy takes off his leather jacket and slips it around his shoulders. He licks his lips with precision, like he's intricately wrapping a present. You put your arms through the sleeves and pull your hair out from under the jacket. You look up at Billy, who is fixated on you, almost mesmerized by you. His eyes are locked on yours as if to say "you're gorgeous". He leans in, brushes his hair back, and pulls you into a gentle kiss. He grabs the collar of your jacket and pulls you closer.  You indulge in the affection but soon pull away. You both lie down on the football field again and stare at the stars.

---

You get out of Billy's car. "Thanks for tonight." You say and close the car door.  He winks at you through the window and drives off.

You walk into your house, your mom and brother fast asleep in their rooms. You get into your room and close the door behind you.  You then take Billy's leather jacket and place it on your chair.

---

Thanks for reading this chapter! (Sorry it's late I stayed up to finish it.) Be sure to stay tuned for the next chapter to find out what happens at school tomorrow. Bye!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.1M 24.3K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...
3.4K 116 12
It is 1986, your senior year at Hawkins High. Your senior year is much different than your previous years. Your friendships with Steve, Nancy, Robin...
3.8K 68 16
Billy Hargrove doesn't care about anything or anyone. He just wants to live his life with no strings attached. Until a new girl moves to town that h...
85.8K 1.9K 97
~~~~ 𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧. ~~~~ "𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺! 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢...