Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Thirty Seven

5.5K 100 26
By LaurenG185

It wasn't long before Amelia's phone was ringing.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Amelia, I don't know where he went," Cami voice rang through the phone.

"What do you mean you don't know where he went?" Amelia cried.

"I mean that one moment he was next to me, reliving the night his father came to town, and the next he's gone," Cami explained, her voice growing more and more worried. "He said that he's going to end them. You have to do something!"

"I'm doing all I can Camille. Do you have any idea where he would go?" Amelia asked, as she paced in her spot, wracking her brain for Nik's possible whereabouts.

"Probably the cemetery, I don't know. He was saying a bunch of stuff about how Marcel and Rebekah would need a spell to protect them, and how Davina could help them," Cami said.

"Thank you Cami. I'll call you later," Amelia said, before hanging up and vamp speeding away, making her way to the cemetery.

***

She found Elijah and Celeste in the cemetery and rolled her eyes. She had suffered enough of this for one day, but she remained in her path towards them,

"It's a myth, Elijah. A myth I died for," Celeste cried.

"And yet here you stand alive... For now," Elijah said.

"Is that a threat? Oh, there's always another pretty, young body for me to jump into. From now on, every time you feel a connection to a woman, you'll be forced to wonder if it's me," Celeste threatens. As she talks, she backs away towards the entrance."You'll trust no one and spend the rest of eternity alone. She crosses the threshold, and when Elijah tries to run after her, he's stopped by an invisible barrier. "Hahaha! Hahaha!" Celeste laughs as he falls to the ground. "I'm afraid you're trapped. Boundary spell. The Originals can enter, but they can't leave." Amelia runs over to Elijah in horror, and helps him up, then in turn tries to exit herself. But she receives the same results.

"You wouldn't," Elijah threatened.

"I would, and I did," Celeste said, proudly. "Don't worry. It's a lunar spell. You'll be free by the next moonrise. My guess is, your sister won't last that long." She continues to smirk. "Ah, while this body has been a hell of a lot of fun, I do think it's time I find someone else to play in, don't you?"

Celeste bends down and picks up a candle in a glass jar on the ground. She smashes it against a tree and picks up a shard of glass. She then stabs it into her/Sabine's neck. She coughs as she falls dead to the ground. Suddenly, Monique comes out of the shadows, looking disappointed that she was wrong about Celeste.

"You were right," Monique said. Monique points toward the tunnels, revealing to Elijah and Amelia that she had performed the spell he gave her. Elijah and Amelia make their way into the tunnel to find Celeste waking up in her own body.

"Hello, Celeste," Amelia said, a large smirk on her face.

"How is this possible?" Celeste asked as she backed away from the two of them as the came closer.

"Monique Deveraux and I had a little wager regarding your ability to keep a promise. It appears I won. You were so consumed with my downfall, that you lost the trust of one of your own," Elijah told her, and Amelia watched in amusement as Celeste scrambled backwards away from Elijah.

"Non. Mon cheri, non. Tout est possible. Ce n'est pas fini. Aah!" Celeste cried as Elijah stabbed Papa Tunde's blade into her chest.

"Désolé," Elijah responded as she dropped dead to the floor. Elijah caught his breath and then turned to Amelia who was staring at him intently. She could read the expression in his eyes, and opened her arms.

Elijah dropped the blade and came over, letting himself be pulled into a hug. Amelia felt a tear land on her shoulder, but she didn't say anything.

***

A couple minutes later the two were walking through the cemetery, after hearing Nik's enraged cries.

"Elijah, Amelia," Rebekah said, and Amelia turned her head to see her blonde friend still alive.

"Oh thank god," Amelia cried, and rushed over to her, enveloping her in a hug.

"What are you doing here? Rebekah, you should be on the other side of the world by now," Elijah warned her.

"You and I both know that wouldn't have been far enough," Rebekah said, as Amelia pulled away from her.

"Get away from her!" Klaus bellows and Amelia whirled around to see him standing a few yards away from them. "She's mine."

Amelia watched in horror as his eyes grow gold, the veins under his eyes protruding. Elijah clutches Papa Tunde's blade and vamps out as well, Rebekah doing the same. Amelia wasn't ready to fight, but if need be she would. She sighed and vamped out as well, ready for anything.

***

Amelia waited for someone to make a move, glancing between the three siblings.

"Rebekah!" Klaus yelled. Amelia changed her stance, ready if he were to rush towards her. She hoped that even in his current state, he wouldn't hurt her, although she probably deserved it for abandoning him all those years ago.

"Walk away!" Elijah warned his brother.

"Don't move!" Klaus ordered.

"Leave us now," Elijah told Rebekah. "You too Amelia."

"I will not. You all are my family whether I like it or not. I cannot just walk away from this as I did before," Amelia responded.

"I can't either. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake," Rebekah pointed out.

"I brought it for you, sister," Klaus told her.

"Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now," Elijah said. Rebekah vamp sped away, taking Amelai with her.

"I am sorry you have to see him like this," Rebekah told her when they were safely away for the moment.

"It is not anything new," Amelia told her.

Rebekah pulled out her phone to call Marcel, and Amelia called Cami, and quickly updated her on everything.

"I'm so sorry Amelia. This is all my fault," Cami said.

"No it's not. Listen I have to go, but I promise you, none of this is your fault," Amelia assured her, before hanging up.

She then listened in as Nik and Elijah went back and forth.

"You were never the recipient of his cruelty. None of you were-- not Kol, not Finn, None of you! I think you've forgotten what he was truly like," Klaus yelled, and Amelia sighed. His anger was justified yes, and his mission to kill Rebekah was crazy, but he was right. His siblings never suffered as he did.

It was silent for a moment, but then Amelia heard the sounds of both of the brother vamp speeding away.

"Do you think he has the right to kill me?" Rebekah asked out of the blue.

"No Beks, of course not. I think he has a reason to be angry with you, but killing you would only haunt him for the rest of his life," Amelia responded. Rebekah nodded, and the two went back to listening to the brother's conversation, Amelia simultaneously trying to figure out a way to break the spell.

Amelia looked up as Rebekah walked out of their hiding spot.

"Enough. Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours. You want revenge? Fine. But, before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this," Rebekah said. Amelia followed her out, her eyes locked on Nik, but he only met her gaze briefly, before turning his eyes to his sister.

"Go on, then. Speak your piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah to do so," Klaus promised.

***

Klaus walked off and climbed to the top of a tomb, the three other Originals standing below him.

"Let it begin. The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson," Klaus called out, dramatically, making Amelia roll her eyes.

"What a relief. His ego is in check," Rebekah commented.

"Just speak your truth. I'll make certain he behaves himself," Elijah told her, as he sat down.

"You stand accused of betraying your own blood. How do you plead?" Klaus asked.

"I plead you to shut up and listen," Rebekah responded.

"You summoned our father. You brought him to our home. What possible defense could you have?" Klaus demanded.

"I knew he was the only thing that you feared, and I wanted you to run," Rebekah told him.

"Because you hated me," Klaus said.

"Because you were hateful. You denied me the freedom to love," Rebekah clarified. Amelia looked between the two, knowing that this was either going to go well and everyone would walk out alive, or this was going to go horribly wrong and everyone would die.

"Oh, so that's your defense? You called Mikael-- the Destroyer, the Hunter of Vampires-- because I detained you from pursuing some dull suitors," Klaus asked.

"You were cruel, and controlling, and manipulative," Rebekah spat. Amelia and Elijah stared sadly at each other. Elijah because he never wished for Amelia to see Klaus this way, and Amelia because she blamed herself for his fall.

"I was trying to protect you! From imbeciles, and leeches. Not to mention your own poor judgment," Klaus defended.

"And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend? Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?" Rebekah questioned.

"Do not mention his name," Klaus snapped, standing up and raising a threatening finger towards the blonde Original.

"What has happened to you? I remember the sweet boy who made me laugh and gave me gifts, who loved art and music. I wanted to be just like you. How could you have fallen so far?" Rebekah asked.

"You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I myself. Perhaps it's you that's forgotten. I remember the day that Father caught you whittling little chess pieces with his hunting knife. He beat you so mercilessly and for so long, I actually feared for your life," Elijah reminded him. Amelia felt a tear slip down her cheek, but she was quick to wipe it away before anyone saw it.

"So, you would paint her as a loyal sister, but she betrayed me out of lust for Marcel. Perhaps that was why you did it-- for love. Perhaps I might temper my rage if Rebekah will admit she was a victim of her own idiocy. That her great love, Marcel, used her to oust this family and to take my city," Klaus offered.

"Marcel did not manipulate me," Rebekah denied.

"You defend him, and yet you can't help but wonder, what if I'm right?" Klaus said.

"We loved each other. It was your refusal to respect that, that led to your ruin," Rebekah spat.

"Then why didn't he chase after you when you fled New Orleans? Oh, yes! That's right. He was here stealing what I built!" Klaus cried.

"You want me to renounce Marcel, to beg for your forgiveness? I won't. Marcel is not at fault. I called Mikael," Rebekah said.

"Rebekah, you must--" Elijah began, but Rebekah continued, cutting him off.

"I was the one who brought him to New Orleans because of your wickedness! I wanted love and happiness, and you denied me the freedom to have either. Yes, I hated and I was afraid of our father, but he was a lesser evil than you. My bastard brother who loomed over me, threatening me as you are now. I wanted rid of you, and given the choice, I'd do it again!"

"Nik!" Amelia cried as Klaus lunges at Rebekah and pushes her against a tomb, but he ignores her. He is just about to stake her in the heart when Elijah tackles him. When they get back up to their feet, Elijah has both Papa Tunde's blade and the white oak stake in his hands.

"Sister, leave us," Elijah orders.

"I'm not going--""--I said, leave us, please," Elijah repeated, cutting her off. He watches her leave before he turns to face Klaus.

"You wouldn't listen to her. So, now, you must deal with me." Elijah threw Amelia a look and despite her wishes to stay, she followed after Rebekah.

Amelia listened to Rebekah's conversation with Marcel, aware that it was hurting her. And then suddenly Rebekah was behind her.

"Forgive me Lia. But you will try to stop me," Rebekah said, and then snapped her neck.

Just a little double update for you guys to thank you for 30k :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 267 5
Klaus Mikaelson died in order to save his daughter Hope. But after his death, Klaus left something or better say someone behind. His oldest daughter...
22.4K 558 23
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This story takes place when the Mikaelsons were human. Caroline is friends with Re...
24.2K 1K 15
Emilia Mikaelson is the complete opposite of her twin brother, Elijah Mikaleson. Whereas history calls Elijah the noble Mikaleson, history calls Emil...
2.1K 39 26
"For an eternity, darling." He smiled. - Amelia Mikaelson, the original witch hybrid and the old wife of Klaus Mikaelson. Five hundred years of mar...