hardwired - grey's anatomy

By CaptainHermioneSwan

lydia robbins, a surgical resident at seattle grace/mercy west, is a new mom and and incredible surgeon. she'... More

𝑠𝑦𝑛𝑜𝑝𝑠𝑖𝑠
𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑡
𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡
𝑜𝑛𝑒
𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟
𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒
𝑠𝑖𝑥
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒
𝑡𝑒𝑛

𝑡𝑤𝑜

3.7K 105 2
By CaptainHermioneSwan

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia and lexie were rolling the criminal into a new room and lydia saw that lexie was distracted by april. to be honest, lydia was as well. she didn't want april to take her spot at seattle grace/mercy west. she needed this job to support her and emily.

they stopped walking and the criminal started talking to the two surgeons. "you gonna fight back at some point? or just let her bury you?"

"she's not burying us." lexie said to the man.

"she's new. she's just finding her footing." lydia said, trying to be kind.

"she found her footing on the back of your neck."the burglar said, laying on the gurney.

"what do you care?" lexie asked the man.

"i don't know. I like you two." he said looking at the girls.

"find her open window. everyone has one. a weak spot, undefended. an open window or a key hidden in a fake rock." he told them.

"yeah, well, you're a criminal, and we're not." lydia told the man. she was not about to commit a crime against april kepner.

"it's not a crime to do to her what she's doing to you." he said.

"which is what, exactly?" lexie asked, wanting more information.

"making you look like an idiot." he told her. the girls looked at april and felt angry.

a few minutes later they rolled the man, whose name they now knew was billy, into a new room.

"with this kind of injury, there is a chance that you could end up with severe weakness in your legs." lydia told billy, reading from his chart.

"that's okay. i carry the stuff out with my arms, not my legs." billy said, and lydia let out a quiet laugh. lexie looked at her in disapproval.

"this is serious, billy." lexie told him.

"you're gonna fix me up fine. listen, i've got a present for you." billy said, reaching into his blanket for something. lydia realized billy took out april's notebook.

"you stole her notebook?" lydia exclaimed.

"keep it down. you want my cop all over this? don't you get it? this is her open window." he told them.

"we don't want her open window." lexie told him.

"you're not just a good doctor. you're a great doctor. you are the future of medicine. only you can keep you down. and my favorite is, uh no one can tell it's plastic surgery." billy read april's personal thoughts from her notebook.

"oh, my god." lydia said putting her head in her hands.

"i think it's the nose, but it could be the boobs. what do you think?" billy pondered.

"give it back to her, and stop reading it." lexie told him sternly.

"future of medicine alert." billy said quickly and threw the notebook to lexie, who thankfully caught it.

"you haven't seen my notebook anywhere, have you? small, red, i was holding it all morning."

"um, um, I'm not sure." lexie stuttered.

"so much for that photographic memory." april said snottily.

"good luck finding it." lexie and lydia said as she left.

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia, lexie, alex, and cristina all sat together at lunch and talked about what happened with their mercy westers. lexie and lydia were reading april's notebook. lydia felt bad, but she was so invested she just couldn't stop.

"this blows." alex said.

"getting your ass kicked?" cristina asked.

lydia and lexie looked over at the both of them. but didn't say anything.

"shut up." alex said with a mouth full of food.

"i hear yours got a standing ovation in the e.r." alex said to cristina.

"yours is the one who saved the whole e.r. from the maniac with the hammer?" lexie asked cristina.

"okay, he didn't save anyone. he did some stupid ninja leap and then tripped a guy. i used actual medicine to stop a person from dying." cristina told everyone.

"well, lexie and i's has a notebook, a notebook that she takes notes in, notes of a very personal nature, and we stole it." lydia said, a bit ashamed.

"you what?"cristina asked.

"give it." alex commanded.

"no. no, i-i am not sinking to their level. they are vindictive and they are aggressive and ... and they are not team players. and if we are not carel, that spirit is going to infect our hospital. we have to fight it." lexie spoke up, hitting her fist in the table.

"which is why you stole her notebook." cristina said.

"and read it." alex said with his mouth full.

"well, she's not a very nice person." lexie said.

"hey." izzie said, walking up to the table with two coffee's in her hands.

"oh, score. you rock." alex said and reached out to take one of the coffee's.

"oh, no. that's not for you." izzie said to him and moved her arm away.

lydia wasn't really paying attention to their conversation but what happened was that izzie got a coffee for her mercy wester and no one really approved of that.

"dudes...they're not here." alex told them.

"hallelujah." cristina said, eating her lunch.

"they're not eating. they're working." alex realized.

everyone put down their food and rushed out of the cafeteria and to their respective work areas.

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia, lexie, derek, and april were walking down the hallway when derek started to speak. "where are we at with billy sheehan?"

"he's ready. i helped put him under. he's prepped and positioned." april said to dr. shepherd.

"i thought we said i was handling that." lexie said, clearly annoyed april did her job.

"oh, yeah, we did. i just wanted to make absolutely sure everything was ready for dr. shepherd."

"well, your first day here, and already you're making my life easier." derek said happily.

"yeah, dr. kepner... no, she's not just a good doctor. she's ... she's a great doctor." lexie said, stopping. "in fact, if you ask me, she's the future of medicine."

"lexie cut it out." lydia told her. the girl thought what lexie was doing was rude.

"only you can keep yourself down, right?" lexie said. at this point doctor shepherd left and went into an different room. "by the way, I can tell." lexie said pointing to her nose.

"d-dr. shepherd, i just need a moment." april stuttered to the man who was scrubbing in the next room.

"lexie, that was mean. yeah we wanna sike em our, but that was cruel." lydia said, scrubbing her hands with soap and water.

⋆◦★◦⋆

after surgery the girls, lydia and lexie, were with derek in another room with billy sheehan, talking to billy about how his surgery went.

"ah, the surgery went pretty well, mr. sheehan. we had good bone alignment." derek said to to man who was recovering from a surgery.

"and I'll be back to my old self? i'll be able to get around?" billy asked them.

get around? yes. uh, to where you were? no, probably not. probably about 70%, which is good considering your injuries." lydia told the man, writing something down in his chart. derek nods and leaves the room.

"i guess that means I only steal 70% as much stuff." billy joked.

"billy, you see this? we noticed this afternoon there were splotches all over the page, and, they're tears. she was crying when she wrote this stuff. she's scared. and, and these stupid little sayings, they make her feel better. Tthis is her comfort. we stole her comfort from her. you and me, we're taking things from people, and we're leaving them at 70%."

⋆◦★◦⋆

lexie and lydia walked into the resident lounge to find april and thankfully she was there. lydia convinced lexie to apologize to the girl because what they did was wrong.

"i'm sorry. it must be hard, being the new people, being the invaders." lexie apologized. lexie gave april her notebook back. "but that's no excuse for you being a... look, i-i don't like you. but what I did, that was over the line."

lexie immediately left the room after she sort of apologized.

"hey april. what my friend did, that was rude. yeah, i read it too and i'm really really sorry about it. but i would never steal it from you." lydia told the girl. she walked up closer to april and sat down on the bench. she patted the spot next to her and april sat down.

"our patient, billy, stole it from you and gave it to lexie. i tried it get her to give it back but she wouldn't and she just kept reading it. i'm really sorry april. i do like you. i hope we can be friends." lydia explained.

"thanks for telling me the truth. i really appreciate it. i might just take you up on that offer." april said. april left the room with her little notebook and lydia left to go to meredith's room

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia sat in the chair next to meredith's bed while cristina sat next to meredith in her bed. they were all watching bad hospital tv.

"how was your day lyds?" meredith asked, looking at the girl.

"well, it was a whirlwind of emotions and i miss my baby girl, that's pretty much it." lydia said to her friend.

she couldn't wait to get home to her baby girl. suddenly alex walked in with a piece of paper in his hand. meredith turned the tv off.

"tell me everything. did you beat them? did you kick their asses? come on i want a full report. everything that happened." meredith questioner eagerly.

"izzie left me." alex said monotonously.

lydia was in total shock. she couldn't believe a word she was hearing. she couldn't believe izzie would leave, and why would izzie leave. lydia stood up from her spot beside meredith and pulled alex into a comforting hug, knowing that he needed one in a time like this. she broke the hug and stood next to him.

"she wrote a note and she left me. i don't know if she's coming back." alex said.

"what do you mean, she left where did she go?" meredith asked concerned.

lydia heard meredith tell cristina to hug him but the brunette got there first. she basically tackled the man in a hug so tight, so comforting, alex never wanted her to let go, but they weren't meant for each other. they were only friends. alex knew lydia had a thing for mark sloan and lydia always supported alex and izzie. so alex would always support whoever lydia was with.

⋆◦★◦⋆
6/8/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 944 45
Rachel Lopez finally makes it out of Ohio all the way to Seattle to become a doctor at Seattle Grace. She soon realizes this hospital is not like the...
7K 174 33
Elle grey is the younger sister of Meredith grey and is also a surgical resident at Seattle grace hospital. Elle is one of the best in her class. Whe...
My Girl By c

Romance

125K 2.6K 56
Calliope Torres is the best Orthopedic surgeon at Seattle Grace Mercy West, after her ex husband died and her ex girlfriend left her she never let lo...