Living With The Taylor's [COM...

By _simplyreading

It has been just Peyton Smith and her mom for almost 4 years. Her mom surprises her with a trip to Hawaii! Th... More

Introduction
Cast
Characters Ages/Grades
Chapter One: "You're crazy, Wildcat."
Chapter Three: "I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun."
Chapter Four: "Play with me."
Chapter Five: "Woah, I'm not gay."
Chapter Six: "I'm playing Sims."
Chapter Seven: "Marco Polo."
Chapter Eight: "You're burning up."
Chapter Nine: "I need answers!"
Chapter Ten: "I can't believe you dragged me into this."
Chapter Eleven: "Did you piss yourself or something?"
Chapter Twelve: "Can we eat now?"
Chapter Thirteen: "Afraid of glass?"
Chapter Fourteen: "Now I have no one."
Chapter Fifteen: "I was actually mesmerized by her accent."
Chapter Sixteen: "Get out."
Chapter Seventeen: "Anything for you."
Chapter Eighteen: "I'm ready."
Chapter Nineteen: "I'm fine."
Chapter Twenty: "Cannibal!"
Chapter Twenty-One: "I'm coming over there to throw some hands!"
Chapter Twenty-Two: "Are you going to murder me?"
Chapter Twenty-Three: "Plane."
Chapter Twenty-Four: "Babe."
Chapter Twenty-Five: "Was he big?"
Chapter Twenty-Six: "Relaxed now?"

Chapter Two: "Doesn't this woman have sons?"

101 4 9
By _simplyreading

I'm in love with Outerbanks. I've rewatched it, like, three times already! Did you guys watch that?

Question: What's your favorite TV show?

Chapter Two: "Doesn't this woman have sons?"

"What do you mean?" I ask confused, my heart pounding like a jackhammer in my chest.

"I don't have enough money to bring you. The flights are a lot more money than I expected and I can't afford it. I tried talking to my work but they said that they aren't paying me until I start working. I also need to pay for an apartment while I'm there since the job isn't giving me anything, and there isn't enough money for both of us. I talked with my friend, Brenda, and she said she would be happy to let you stay there while I'm away. I'm really sorry sweetie, I've tried everything I could to be able to afford you coming with me."

Tears swell up in my eyes as my mom tells me the news.

"How long will I have to stay there?" I ask, quietly.

"I don't know honey. As long as it takes for me to make some money. But I promise you'll love it there. Brenda is so nice and caring. She'll act as if you're her own. She also has kids your age that you can hang out with. I'll only be in Hawaii until I make some money. This new job pays well. When I get the right amount of money I need to fly you out, I will in a blink of an eye. Oh honey, don't cry. I'll start to cry." She says, starting to tear up.

I nod. "I'm going to miss you," I say, as I start to sob.

My mom starts to sob and she pulls me in for a hug. She soon pulls away. "I'm going to go upstairs. There's still a bunch of things I have to do before I leave."

I nod, "Can I come with you? I have questions."

"Of course sweetie."

I follow my mom upstairs and into her room. I lay down on her bed while she pulls out her laptop at her desk and starts to work.

"So why is it in Hawaii? Are we moving there officially?" I start.

"Once I get the money to fly you out, we're going to be staying there until they don't need me anymore. The company I'm with just opened a branch in Hawaii, and they need me there to kick start the new facility. Once the company thinks everything is running smoothly, they will send me back here to California."

"Why can't you just stay here?"

"The job I'm doing right now pays okay, but not enough. If I go to Hawaii, it will be a better job with a better paycheck. I wouldn't be leaving here if I didn't think it's what's best for us. Once I kickstart the new facility in Hawaii and stay there for a while, they will keep paying me that bigger amount even after I return here."

"When will you fly me out?"

"Honestly honey, I have no idea. It could be a few months, maybe even a year. It just depends on how much I have to spend once I get there. But once I get settled in and I have the money, I will send you out ASAP."

"How long would we stay in Hawaii?"

"Up until the company thinks that the new facility doesn't need me anymore. It could be a few years."

My eyes start to tear up when I hear that I could be away from my mom for an entire year and away from my friends for even longer.

~*~

"When do you leave?" Liv asks me.

"A few days," I respond, putting a t-shirt into one of my suitcases.

"I can't believe your bitch-ass is leaving me. I thought we would be together forever!" Riley announces, a frown on his face.

I laugh a little, "It's only temporary. And the house I'm staying at is only a few hours away. Plus, I'll be back for the competition."

"Yeah, but then you go to Hawaii for a few years! Lucky bitch. What are we going to do then?" Liv asks.

I sigh, "I don't know guys. But we'll figure it out, we always do." I give them a sad smile. "Anyways, I have to pack. Help me, assholes!"

"Okay girl, I got you." Riley stands up from my bed, picking through my clothes and choosing the best ones.

He holds up my red lacy bra and matching underwear.

"Why would I need that?" I ask, sitting down on my desk chair.

"Doesn't this woman have sons?" Riley asks, placing the lingerie in my suitcase.

"I don't know. I've never met or heard of her."

"Sis, you're meeting new people and going to a new school, there's definitely going to be hot guys around to show off that lacy red set to. You should bring the pink and white ones too! You never know when you're going to need them."

Riley continues to pack for me, which I have no problem with because he usually picks out the best outfits.

"Don't forget to pack my comfy clothes too. You know me, I'm probably going to be shy as fuck when I first meet them and will be held up in my room the whole time."

"True dat," Liv says as she snapchats on her phone.

"Who are you snapping?" I ask her, noticing a smile on her face.

"Brad," She says, smiling more.

"Ew, what!" I say as Riley says, "Why?"

"He's a scumbag, why the hell are you talking to him? Yuck!" I announce, a disgusted look forming on my face.

"What is your guys' problem?" She asks, clearly confused.

"Do you live under a fucking rock? Um, hello! He obviously just wants you for nudes," Riley exclaims, sounding a lot like Angelina from Jersey Shore.

"You need to calm down on that Jersey Shore," I say, laughing at Riley.

"Honey you don't even know what is going down right now," Riley says exasperated.

"Is it Angelina and Vinny again? Or Ron and Jen?" I question. I've seen clips of the show, but Riley always tells me what happens so I basically know everything. He's watching Jersey Shore: Family Vacation right now, not the original.

"Actually it's Jenni and Angelina, did you see that they-"

"Would you two stop talking about that stupid show! What's up with Brad?" Liv interrupts him.

"Oh yeah. He just wants you for nudes, like we were saying. I'm telling you, he's going to ask in the next few snaps," I say, picking up my phone and checking my notifications.

"Ugh," She says, putting her phone down and getting up. "Let's see what Riley packed."

We went through most of the clothes that Riley packed, me taking some out and adding some different items. As they are putting the last few items in my suitcases, I go to the bathroom and pack up most of my toiletries.

As I'm standing in the doorway of my bedroom, I stop and watch my two best friends laugh with each other. "I'm really going to miss you guys. And I want to say thank you for being amazing best friends. I love you guys."

Riley and Liv stop what they're doing and give me a hug.

"At least we still have a couple of days left. Let's make this the best few days ever," Liv says.

Riley and I agree. "It's not like I'm not going to see you guys. I'll try to visit as much as I can," I say.

"Yeah, there's no way you're going to be able to live without me for more than a month," Riley exclaims.

Liv and I laugh.

"And I'm not even leaving the state of California, so that's good," I add.

"Yeah," They agree.

I'm really going to miss them.

~*~

I close my locker as I'm putting my last textbook into my backpack.

Today is my last day at this school. Next week I will be starting at a new school with new people, and I'm not excited.

I pick my heavy backpack up off the floor and start going around to my different classes to drop off the textbooks. The lunch bell just rang and I'm leaving after lunch because I still have some things I need to pack before I leave tomorrow.

I hastily drop my books off and say goodbye to my teachers before meeting Liv and Riley for lunch.

"I got a 62. My mom is going to fucking kill me," I hear Riley moan as I walk towards the table.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, dropping my backpack on the floor and taking out my lunch.

"Riley got a 62 on his bio test," Liv tells me.

"Oh no," I reply. "Didn't you need to get at least an 85 to bump your grade up to a B?"

"Yes! Now my mom is going to murder me," He lies his head down on the table.

"I got a C in bio. That shit's hard as fuck." Liv says, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Yeah but your parents don't give a rat's ass about your grades. Mine do! Ugh, this is so unfair. I studied so hard!"

"You mean you flipped through your textbook while High School Musical 3 was playing on your tv," I say, taking a bite of my mac n cheese.

"No!" He pauses, "It was High School Musical 2..." He says ashamedly.

I feel a buzz in my pocket coming from my phone, so I pull it out. I notice that there is a text from my cousin, Philip:

Hey P! I heard about your mom going away. If you need to talk, I'm here <3 always

Philip is my cousin from my mom's side of the family. He is 21 and a junior in college and my closest family member besides my mom. I don't see him that often since he's in college, but we see each other during the holidays. We text and talk a lot and we're very close. I tell him basically everything, and I don't know what I would do without him. He's sort of like the brother I never had.

I type a quick response and get back to my friends.

"What do you mean he isn't hot? That is the best ass I've ever seen," Riley argues with Liv.

"Are you kidding me? He looks like Voldemort. Plus he's a total asshole!" Liv yells.

"You know how I like my bad boys! Sam Cahill, Hardin Scott/Harry Styles, Damon Salvatore, Draco Malfoy, JJ, Derek Hale, Klaus Mikaelson, Massimo, Nathan Scott. The list goes on and on!"

"What do you even mean by a 'bad boy'," Liv asks, putting air quotes around bad boy.

"Well in almost every book or movie, a bad boy is a guy that seems like he's all bad. Usually, he sleeps around, is very rude to other people, they might smoke or drink a lot, and sometimes even has tattoos or piercings, but they're not actually bad. You see, inside, they are broken. There's usually something in their past that haunts them and makes them who they are. But, when they find the person they will spend the rest of their lives with, they get saved."

"Wow," Is all I can say, "But can we take a moment and talk about Massimo. Like that guy is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen."

"Girl, I know! After watching that movie I've never wanted to be fucked by a man more in my entire life. I mean, did you see the way he-"

Liv interrupts Riley, "What are you guys talking about?" She asks.

Riley and I stop what we're doing and just stare at the clueless girl in front of us.

"What?" She questions.

"You mean to tell me that you didn't see 365 Days?" Riley asks her bewildered.

"No..." She says slowly. "Why? Is it good or something?"

"Only one of the steamiest movies I've ever seen! Liv you have to watch it when you get home. It's on Netflix. So amazing," I tell her, taking another bite of my mac n cheese.

Liv rolls her eyes, "Whatever."

Riley and I look at each other before shaking our heads.

***********************************************************************************************

At the top is AnnaSophia Robb who portrays Peyton Smith!

I was feeling nice so I decided to post a chapter early. Yes, I am still posting another one on Friday.

Don't be a shy reader, tell me what you think!

VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 121 21
One plane ride could change your life. SOPHIA RANDALL likes her routines. She plans everything, down to the very last second. And Sophia is content t...
1K 41 30
when a mysterious kid moves into the house next door to Bethany she wonders who it is The next day at school the whole school is buzzing about the n...
127K 3.7K 47
❝ We'll make it better. ❞ ********************************* Lisa Maiden is a bitch. She's said it herself. She's mean, she's irrational, and she just...
182K 6K 39
"What do you mean I have to live in New York?!" "Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada to take care of her, but we don't...