charlie dalton 𝒙 reader

By deadpvets

❛ 𝒔𝒆𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕. ❜ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 you attend welton preparatory school and befriend a group... More

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐌
  𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊
   i. SEIZE THE DAY
   ii. MR. DALTON
   iii. UNDERSTANDING POETRY
   iv. WOMEN SWOON
   v. WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF?
   vi. A REAL POEM
   vii. WRONG FLOOR
   viii. TO INDEED BE A GOD
   ix. BARBARIC YAWP
   x. YOU STILL SMELL
   xi. POETRUSIC
   xii. CALL ME NUWANDA
   xiii. VULNERABILITY
   xv. HENLEY HALL
   xvi. DEATH OF AN ANGEL
   xvii. HOPE IS A THING WITH FEATHERS
   xviii. FROSTED WINDOWS
   xix. RIDGEWAY HIGH
   xx. RECONVENE
   xxi. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU

   xiv. IT'S GOD

6.7K 279 288
By deadpvets

CHAPTER FOURTEEN!
( IT'S GOD. )

   YOU WOKE UP to Violet shaking you awake.

"Five more minutes, Violet, it's Saturday," you groaned.

"Y/N there's an immediate assembly in the hall, get dressed," she said as she pulled on her blazer. You opened your eyes suddenly and landed your feet on the ground.

"What's it for?" you questioned, putting your socks on.

"They didn't say, but my guess is--"

"Charlie," you interrupted. "That dumbass."

Violet chuckled before pulling you out the door.

You hurried down the steps and stepped into the assembly hall. Most of the students had already arrived. You and Violet quickly sat down on the girls' side of the room. You immediately started searching the boys' side for Charlie and the rest of the dead poets. To your relief, Charlie was sitting in one of the middle rows with the rest of the boys. If Nolan hadn't gotten Charlie yet, then you were sure that this assembly would change that.

Just then, Mr. Nolan entered the room with a line of teachers behind him. All the students rose to their feet as soon as he entered the room. After all the professors had taken their places, Mr. Nolan addressed the students from the podium. His face was sporting a sour expression.

"Sit." Mr. Nolan barked.

The students all sat down on the wooden benches.

"In this week of Welton's Honor, there appeared a profane and unauthorized article. Rather than spend my valuable time ferreting out the guilty persons -- and let me assure you I will find them - - I'm asking any and all students who know anything about this article to make themselves known here and now. Whoever the guilty persons are, this is your only chance to avoid expulsion from this school," he declared. You sucked in a sharp breath. You trained your eyes on the seat in front of you to avoid looking at Charlie.

Just then the sound of a phone ringing could be heard. You glanced up at the professors who were looking around the room for its source. Nolan's face was growing angrier with each second.

"Welton Academy. Hello," Charlie's voice sounded throughout the hall. You looked to Charlie who was holding a phone to his ear. "Yes, he is. Just a moment." Charlie stood up, holding the phone and bell towards Nolan. "Mr. Nolan, it's for you. It's God. He says we should let girls eat lunch with guys." Most of the students laughed while the boys from the cave all shook their heads in disbelief. You smacked your head against the bench in front of you. "Oh wait, what's that? One more thing?" You brought your head up again to see Charlie holding the phone up to his ear once more, "Alright, I'll let him know." He pulled the phone away from his ear. Charlie stared Nolan straight in the eye with his signature smirk. "He says we better let them in the boys' dorm rooms too."

You nervously looked at Nolan's face. Nolan looked like the only thing holding him back from jumping across the room and strangling Charlie was the fact that people were watching. Charlie had gotten himself in some deep shit now.

Nolan turned to his colleagues and suddenly a group of them stood up and started towards Charlie. When they told Charlie to come with them he complied. The group of staff and Charlie walked down the aisle lead by Mr. Nolan. You noticed a flash of worry cross Charlie's face, but he quickly regained his composure and stared straight ahead with a proud smile. You watched him in concern, a million worries circling through your head. Both you and Charlie knew what this could mean for him. As Nolan walked past your aisle you stood up. Charlie sent you a look, telling you to sit down. You shook your head at him and stared worriedly as the teacher's grip on Charlie's arm tightened.

"Sit down, Missy," one of the staff members ordered as they passed. With some hesitation you obeyed. You wanted to follow him, but that would only make things worse for both of you.

"Dismissed!" Nolan shouted as he left the room, followed shortly by the group holding Charlie. Charlie turned to look at you once more before the wooden doors banged shut.

You were the first one out of your seat once the doors closed. You rushed towards the doors and followed a safe distance behind Charlie. Charlie was lead up the spiral stairs and into Nolan's torture chamber (better known as his office). You waited on the steps, fiddling with the hem of your skirt. Mr. Nolan had said that speaking up was the guilty person's only chance to avoid expulsion. Hopefully Nolan stayed true to his words after Charlie's stunt. You continued to worry about him more and more with each second. Why was it taking so long?

After what felt like hours, you heard the door to Nolan's office open and footsteps followed. Charlie emerged, walking stiffly, a pained expression on his face. Once the door closed again you hurried up the stairs to Charlie's side.

"What the hell are you doing here, Y/N? You should've gone to your dorm like everyone else," he said with a grimace as he took another step.

"You know I couldn't do that, Charlie," you stated, putting your arm under his to help him walk.

"I'm fine. I can walk myself," he tried to put on his usual proud face, but this time you saw through it.

"I know you can, but that's not the point. The point is that you're hurt," you said sternly. Charlie nodded reluctantly and allowed you to assist him down the rest of the steps. You looked up to see a tear run down Charlie's face. It pained you to see him hurt, you couldn't even be mad at him. You knew he only did it to save the rest of you, and partially to look like the tough guy he always strove to be. If he hadn't told Nolan in the assembly, he'd for sure be expelled at some point, or the rest of you would've been dragged down with him. You knew he would never rat the rest of you out, you didn't even have to ask. It was one of the things you loved about him, he was always prepared to take the fall for the people he cared about.

"You're not expelled, are you?" you asked worriedly.

"No," he muttered. You sighed in relief. You stopped walking and turned Charlie to face you. He tried to turn away and wipe away his tears before you saw, but you'd already seen. You hugged him tightly. Charlie stood still for a moment before hugging you back, pressing his face into your neck.

"You idiot," you mumbled, pulling him closer. "Promise me you'll stop getting yourself in trouble. You can't leave me in this hell-hole," you said. Charlie removed his face from your shoulder and stared into your eyes. A small, real smile made its way onto his face.

"You know I can't promise that. Something I can promise is that I won't leave you. I might leave this school, but not you."

"I guess that'll have to do," you nodded, smiling softly.

"I think we both have this problem where we can't be honest about our weaknesses. I just want you to know that you don't have to act tough for me, or anyone for that matter. You're strong enough as you are, without the whole bravado," you said. Charlie didn't respond, he only held onto you tighter. You continued walking until you reached the hallway that lead to the boys' dorms.

"You can't follow me down there," Charlie stated.

"I know."

Charlie looked at you for a moment, then to your lips. He slowly pushed a strand of hair out of your face and placed his hand on your cheek. Before you could say anything, Charlie closed the gap between your faces. He kissed you softly. You slid your fingers into his hair as you kissed back. Charlie's other hand rested on your waist and you lost all sense of time and space. He pulled away slowly. He kissed you lightly once more and ran a thumb over your cheek.

"Thank you," he mumbled.

"For what?"

He simply shrugged ambiguously and turned to go down the hallway to his room. A smile rested on your face as you left towards the stairwell that would bring you to your own dorm room.

"Creak. He started walking around towards my left. Creak. Creak. Assume the position, Mr. Dalton.'" Charlie recounted the events of the day to a circle of students around him. You sat against the chair, listening as he absentmindedly played with your hair.

Suddenly you heard the door open and you jerked forward, distancing yourself from Charlie in fear of being caught. You looked up and saw Keating's warm face.

"It's all right," Keating reassured.

"Mr. Keating," Charlie acknowledged with a smile.

"Mr. Dalton. That was a pretty lame stunt you pulled today," Keating said. Charlie's face morphed into an expression of disbelief.

"You're siding with Mr. Nolan? What about Carpe diem and sucking all the marrow out of life and all that?" Charlie defended himself.

"Sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone," Keating said. Charlie looked down a little shamefully. It was clear that he really did care what Keating thought. "Sure there's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for," Keating finished.

"But I thought you'd like that."

"No. You being expelled from school is not daring to me. It's stupid, 'cause you'll miss some golden opportunities."

"Yeah. Like what?" Charlie muttered.

"Like, if nothing else, the opportunity to attend my classes." This caused Charlie took smile up at Keating. "Got it, Ace?"

"Aye, aye, Captain," Charlie nodded.

"Keep your head about you. That goes for the lot of you."

"Yes, Captain," the rest of you chorused.

"Phone call from God. If it had been collect, it wouldn't been daring." You all laughed at Keating's remark. Keating left, shutting the door behind him. You all resumed your positions around Charlie and continued to talk about all that had happened. You enjoyed the comforting atmosphere as you listened to the people around you giggle and talk.

𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒑𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒎.

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. I really don't wanna write everything that comes next but I'm gonna. Thanks for reading, I hope you're all doing well. I love you, and remember you are beautiful. ALSO, for the gif I rly wanted one of Charlie with the phone, but I couldn't find one and this is what happened when I tried to make one lmaoooo:

- s.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 3.1K 26
❛ 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒆𝒔. ❜ ❪ charlie dalton x fem oc ❫ ❪ dead poets society...
1K 110 18
Against his best efforts Charlie has to start at a new preparatory school after the tragic events that took place at Welton. The very events that led...
2.8K 66 13
(BOOK ONE) Death can cause people to do the unpredictable. Welton Academy didn't house girls. There were no exceptions. Generation after generatio...
11.6K 272 17
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ╰┈➤ ❝ i don't wanna look at anything else now that i say you. i don't wanna think of any else now that...