Behind The Gate of Lakeview

By Rihanna_Adedeji

Jadeshola Badmus is not your regular female lead. She's outspoken, Brilliant, Sassy, beautiful, intelligent... More

Behind The Gate Of Lakeview
~one~
~Two~
~Three~
~Four~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~
~Ten~
~Eleven~
~Tweleve~
~Thirteen~
~Fourteen~
~Fourteen~ 2
~Fifteen~
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~
~Twenty One~
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
~Twenty Four~
~Twenty Five~
~Twenty Six~
~Twenty Seven~
~Twenty Eight~
~Twenty Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty One~
~Thirty Two~
~Thirty Three~
~Thirty Four~
~Thirty Five~
~Thirty Six~
~Thirty Seven~
Meet The Characters πŸ’–
~Thirty Eight~
~Thirty Nine~
~Forty~
~Forty One~
~Forty Two~
~Forty Three~
~Forty Four~
~Forty Five~
~Forty Six~
~Forty Seven~
~Forty Eight~
~Forty Nine~
~Fifty~
Fifty One
~Fifty Three~
~Fifty Four~
~Fifty Five~
~Fifty Six~
Questions and Answers

~Fifty Two~

3K 765 550
By Rihanna_Adedeji

~Jade~

Mogbe. Moku. Modaran.

Won ti padà kó èsúrú wá.

WTF?

What was I even thinking?

You were not thinking anything. You were just too eager to pick his call that you forgot you were literally wearing nothing.

Aah. My God! How will I face him now? How will I even act around him?

But wait oo, what of he did not see anything?

Then I laid down on my bed and pretented I was on a video call while my front camera was on.

Everything was in full display.

He saw everything.

It is finished.

Ayisha burst into laughter because she felt I was getting overly dramatic. She told me to sleep and that he probably did not see anything.

But I knew better.

That was over a week ago and when I told Zee, that one shrugged and said

'He probably did not see anything and even if he did, he was going to see them someday so what's the big deal? '

Imagine!

We were going to his house for a mathematics tutorial today. I just wished I could cancel going. The last two exams we did together, I avoided him like a plague.

But today was the day of reckoning.

I have to do this.

~Uthman~

What's the hardest thing you've ever done?

Mine was keeping my gaze on Jade's face the last time the last time we did a video call.

Mehn.

That was extremely hard.

I did not even know where to look.

I did not get any sleep that night. My thoughts kept straying off and off.

She stopped picking my video calls after then She told me we won't do video call for three months straight after that. When I asked her why? She said nothing.

That was over a week ago and we've not seen each other since then. The last two times we saw did not count. They were coming later in the late for our supposed mathematics tutorial.

It was a Saturday and we were having a late breakfast. Dad was around too. Since mom moved back in, I've watched their relationship change. They were getting closer than before and they were spending more time alone, in their bedroom.

Breakfast was white rice and plaintain and even though it was Moji's favorite food, she wasn't even eating it.

She was busy typing away on her phone.

Who even bought phone for her in the first place?

I watched as she typed on her phone, then she blushed, then giggled before bursting into laughter.

Aye ti baje oo. Life has spoilt.

I dropped my spoon just as mom and dad turned to look at her too. She looked up to see all of us looking at her. Her laughter died.

'I was reading a comic.'

She stated without anybody asking her anything.

'Ain't you spending too much time on your phone? You even had the nerve to press it while we are eating. Do you want me to seize it?'

Mom asked in a no nonsense tone and Moji shook her head soberly before dropping her phone on the table.

'I'm sorry Ma. I won't do that again.'

'Have you read the books I bought for you?'

Dad asked her. He had gifted her some short stories and illustrations books earlier in the week. Moji shook her head.

'No sir. I don't like those kind of stories oo. It's not ideal for girls to read them. Cinderalla, snow white and the likes all have a problem with them. Girls don't believe in glass shoes and all that again. Prince charming? What a joke? I'd rather have a book and a pen.'

She replied, demonstrating vigorously with her hands. I opened my mouth and turned to look at Dad. He was bewildered. He probably doesn't know what this little girl was capable of doing and saying.

'I'd rather read the story of the little princess.'

She continued before she picked her spoon and started eating. I watched mom and dad exchange a glance. Dad turned to Moji and smiled at her.

'Never knew you were this sharp but reduce your use of social media and YouTube. I can't believe this just came out of your mouth. You're Nine years old.'

'Yes Sir. I'll try that.'

She replied and looked at me.

'You don't like prince charming? What of Jamal?'

I asked and her eyes widened. She turned to look at mom who also turned to look at her.

'Who is Jamal?'

Moji turned back to look at me, her eyes pleading with me to come to her rescue. I shrugged and continued to eat.

'My prince charming. I'm the cinderalla in our end of year drama.'

Says the girl that doesn't like cinderalla story. It's like they've removed one screw from her head oo.

'Oh oh.'

Mom replied her and went back to her food. Moji turned to look at me. She made the sign of cutting my neck with a knife and I shuddered.

God! We have to send this pikin to a missionary school or force her to become a nun oo.

'So, you're attending Biodun's wedding, right?'

Dad asked mom and she nodded at me. She was attending the wedding with Moji and Dad was also going to the hospital.

********
Hours later, Dad already left for the hospital and mom and Moji were dressing up for the wedding ceremony. They've been doing that for over one hour. Even Moji was making up.

What will I not see?

I was outside the main house, in the garden to be precise. I was watering the flowers in the garden when I heard someone knock on the gate. Our gateman who was already dozing off fell off his chair at the noise. I smiled and picked the water hose as he stood up and opened the gate. Akin and the rest of the gang trudged in. I was not expecting them until an hour or so.

Jade was the last person to come in. She was probably contemplating on whether to come in or not. I looked down and smiled. When I looked up again, I could see her fully.

I sucked in sharp breaths as I stared at her.

Oh Med Med.

She had her hair packed and styled and she was putting on a shirt dress that stopped inches away from her knees. My gaze lingered on her bare legs before moving up to her face again. I swallowed.

I was not the only one doing the checking out sha.

Her eyes were fixed on my chest. I looked down and I realized I did not have any top on. She was staring at my chest fixedly. My lips stretched into a lopsided grin. She looked up and our eyes met. My grin met her shocked expression and she looked away hurriedly.

'If you guys are done ogling each other, please welcome us.'

Akin said to me and the water hose dropped from my hands in shock. He smiled as I bent to pick it up again.

'Hey. Hi. Welcome.'

I stuttered and Akin burst into laughter.

Idiot ni Bobo yii.

Jade was looking at everything and everywhere but definitely not my face. Dan gave me a thumbs up and started to walk to the main house.

I looked back to Jade and Hana. It was then I noticed that Ayisha was absent.

'Where is Ayisha?'

Akin shrugged beside me.

'She had an impromptu meeting or so.'

I nodded and dropped the water nose on the floor. I walked over to where Jade and Hana were standing just as Moji opened the door and stepped out in all her glory.

She did a full makeup ni sha.

Dan came out with her and I watched as Moji started to pose for the pictures he was taking.

Character ni girl yi.

She started doing different poses. Poses I didn't know she was capable of doing.

'Wow. Your sister is a model in the making. She's made for the runway.'

Hana said and walked over to the balcony where they were taking pictures. Akin already joined them.

'Your sister is just too adorable.'

Jade said beside me. I turned to look at her. She was looking and Moji and smiling.

'Of course, she took after her brother'

She looked at me and scoffed before walking to the balcony. I released a breath I did not know I was holding and followed her.

I picked my top that was on the railings and shrugged it on. Moji had probably snapped God knows how many pictures and she was still hell bent on taking more.

'Please Moji, why are you taking this much pictures? What do you want to use them to do?'

I asked her and she glared at me before turning to Jade and Hana.

'Sisters, when you snap plenty pictures, What do you do with them?'

'Sent them to our boyfriends.'

Hana replied her without thinking much of it.

'Exactly! That's what we all do.'

Moji stated and posed, waiting for Dan to snap her again but that one was frozen on spot. They were all staring at Moji as if she has grown Seventeen heads.

'All who? Who are the all?'

Dan finally asked just as Akin burst into laughter.

'So, Moji, you have a boyfriend?'

Akin asked her, admist laughter. Moji nodded.

'Yes. Gist for another day.'

She replied and waved her hand. Jade and Hana burst into laughter.

'Wait. How old are you? What class are you?

'I'm nine years old and I'm in Basic Six.'

'Omo odun Mesan!'

Akin exclaimed, staring at Moji.

Moji ignored him as she kept staring at Jade.

'By the way, Are you not my brother's girlfriend?'

Jade smiled and nodded at her. Moji beamed and walked to where she stood.

'Awwn. You're so pretty. I like you. I've heard many beautiful things about you. I've always wanted an ender sister and now, I've found one.'

Ehn? This girl's mouth ehn.

Jade smiled at her.

'I've always wanted a younger sister too. Should we take a picture together?'

'Yeah. Sure'

Jade took her phone from her bag and they took a picture together.

We heard the sound of heels on the floor and mom came out of the house, looking all elegant. She smiled when she saw my friends.

'You guys are already around. We're late for the wedding and it's a pity I can't be around to entertain you guys.'

'It's nothing ma. We'll just entertain ourselves.'

Dan replied and she raised her brows at him.

'Ojebi. I was actually talking about the two beautiful girls.'

She turned to Hana and Jade. They both curtiesed a little.

'What are your names, my dear?'

'Hana'

'Jadeshola.'

'Hana and Jadeshola... Jadeshola Badmus, is it?'

'Yes Ma'

'We met at the mall the other time, right?'

Mom asked her but her eyes were on me. She was sending me a cryptic message and her eyes were dancing with amusement. I looked away.

'So, you guys should enjoy yourselves. Ehn. Oya, Cinderella, let's go.'

She said and grabbed Moji's hands.

'Mom, I'm not cinderalla. I'm the wonder woman.'

Moji replied as they started to walk to the car. We watched as they entered the car and Moji looked back, waving at us. The gateman opened the gate and mom drove out.

'Your sister is too sharp.'

Hana stated

'Please stop her from watching Africa Magic Yoruba.'

'And Nickledoen too. God! A boyfriend? At her age? She even wants to send pictures to him? Mogbe oo.'

Jade said. She still wasn't looking at me.

And well, I did not do anything wrong.

You think?

************
Like four hours later, we were done with the tutorial. Jade sat right in front of me and it was really distracting. Her short gown hitched up a little she sat down. Most times, my eyes would travel to her exposed thighs and I would lose track of what I was explaining to them.

Like when we were doing phythagoras theorem and I started talking about longitude and latitude. Akin waved his hand in my front and when I looked up, he smiled at me. He could probably read my thoughts.

And they were dangerous, like extremely dangerous.

'I have to go now. It looks like it might rain and I have a shoot around 6 self. I have to go and get ready.'

Hana said once we were done. She stood up and Dan stood up with her.

'What's this? You are leaving too? Are you not going to play your game?'

Jade asked him and Akin burst into laughter. I knew what it was all about.

'Of course not.' Akin replied. 'He's on hiatus. Who wouldn't be? After 10-3'

'And look at who's talking? Was yours not it not 7-2?'

I replied him and he stopped laughing.

'You don't have to rub it in. And don't worry, I'm going to come back. You'd better be prepared.'

He replied, messaging his fingers.

'Peew. Just accept the boss as the boss.'

'Which boss? Abeeggi! Just be prepared, like Akin said, we're coming back.'

'So, you guys played 10-3 and 7-2. The both of you should just give up on the game, abeg. It's not for you.'

Jade said, wagging her fingers in between I and Akin then I and Daniel respectively.

'Imagine oo! Even after putting that game above us.'

'Shoo, look at you speaking up for your boyfriend.'

'Of course, if I don't, who will?'

Jade replied Akin, sticking out her tongue.

Akin looked forth and back at the both of us, making a tsk tsk sound.

'Anyway, I'm leaving too. I have to meet Ayisha. Jade nko? You ain't leaving now?'

Jade glanced briefly at her phone before looking up.

'I never knew we were going to finish this earlier. I told the driver to pick me up by 5.'

Akin nodded slowly before looking at me again. I got the cryptic message he was sending.

I mouthed idiot to him and he shrugged.

Hana's phone rang and she picked it up. From the conversation, I could tell it was her driver and he was outside our gate.

'I have to go now. See you guys in two days time.'

'See you guys in two days time. I'm tagging along.'

Dan said all the while walking away and waving. Akin started walking towards the gate too. With his back.

'I'm also tagging along with them. And you guys should be careful oo.'

He winked and he turned back. I watched them walk out of the Gate and I turned to look at Jade. She was dusting an imaginary dust on her thighs.

'You've not even entered the main house. Do you....?'

She did not wait for me to finish before she walked right inside. I shook my head and followed her.

'Oh wow. This is nice. Your mom and sister look so beautiful.'

She was looking at our family portrait and I frowned.

'Should that compliment be 'oh wow, my boyfriend look so handsome. Hun?'

She turned to look at me, her brows raised in mock disgust.

'You're so vain, do you know that?'

I shrugged.

'My girlfriend wouldn't hype me, I guess I have to do it myself.'

She rolled her eyes before walking fully into the sitting room and sitting down.

'Get your PES to do that for you.'

I smiled before walking to her and sitting beside her.

It was her floral scented perfume that first assaulted my nose. The same one she sprayed on my cardigan. I swallowed, just allowing myself to think about the fact that we were alone in the house.

Totally alone.

The gateman dozing off at the gate doesn't count.

She moved away from me, all the while looking down at her fingers which she was playing with. She couldn't move further away because she was already at the edge of the chair. I smiled before moving closer to her again.

We were so close that I could hear her sharp intake of breath.

'Go and sit down there.'

She stated, pointing to a chair at the far end of the sitting room.

God forbid.

'Why? Ain't we perfectly fine like this?'

'I'm not perfectly fine like this.'

She replied, still not looking at me. I moved even closer to her.

'Why?'

No reply.

'Why did you stop picking video calls?'

I deadpanned and her head jerked up. She turned to look at me, brows raised.

'Why are you asking me that?'

'Why shouldn't I ask you? One day, you were fine with doing video call, the next, you weren't. What happened?'

She looked at me for a while, her eyes growing thoughtful. I knew what she was thinking.

'So, the last time we did a video call, you did not notice anything?'

I nodded.

'Anything at all?'

'Yes, of course. What happened? Was I supposed to notice something?'

She shook her head hurriedly.

'No no no. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.'

I could feel myself starting to smile a little. She was looking at her fingers and smiling. She looked up and caught me smiling at her.

'But are you sure you did not see anything? Anything at all?'

I nodded and I watched as her shoulders visibly start to relax.

'But then, I saw one thing....'

Her head jerked up that and she stared at me, eyes huge.

'What was that?'

Is that her voice? Because that doesn't sound like Jade at all.

'I saw......' I trailed off, letting my eyes linger on her chest before looking up again. She was glaring at me and I knew she knew.

Yeah. I'll probably tease this girl till forever.

'I saw the picture of the food you guys ate. Were you trying to kill yourselves?'

Her shoulders visibly relaxed and she released a deep breath, breathing out with a mouth. I smiled and moved closer to her, putting my arms around shoulders.

She rolled her eyes.

'They were not even that much.'

'Pizza, half bucket of chicken, cakes and drinks. All in one night oo. And it wasn't even that much?'

She rolled her eyes.

'You are only pained because you did not get out of it. At least you got your PES.'

I smiled. She wasn't going to relent on this PES thing. Good!

Speaking of PES..... I turned to look at her, nudging her closer with my hands on her shoulder.

'Do you want to see it?'

I asked, cocking my head to one side. She looked up and glanced around.

'Is it here?'

I shook my head.

'Nah, it's in my room.'

Then I stood up, pulling her with me. She stood up hesitantly.

'Are you sure about showing me the game? I might just break it.'

Kuku kill me.

I smiled and shrugged.

'Let's see first.'

I led her to my room.

Hmmm. Hmm hmm.

I hope you're all ready to become Aunties and Uncles and godmother and godfathers because, hmmm hmm hmm.

She said she was going for math's tutorial and now, she's entering boy's room.

Hmm hmm. Whatever happens from her definitely won't be in my hand writing.

Maybe this is when Uthman's dad will finally walk in on them. Gbam! Yawa will just gas.

Just kidding though 😂😂😂

Please if you have any drug we can administer to Moji, let me know oo because her own case is definitely out of this world.

And thank you for all your nice words. You guys are simply the best.

See you on Monday or Tuesday. The next chapter might be extremely hard to write 😂😂 what did you just think? Ta ta ta. Corrupt minded people.

Don't forget to click on the star button 🌟

Love you 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 32.1K 62
| PUBLISHED ON HINOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON RNOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON READOO | | PUBLISHED ON VOLCANOEBOOK | "Love is needing someone, Love is puttin...
101K 19.7K 59
Being a narcissistic person, Kiisha gets infuriated by Jared who won her thrice at a competition and ever since then, she despised him. But then, Jar...
11.6K 1.8K 32
Meet Channelle. A young, teenage girl moved from Abuja to Lagos, due to her father's new employment. For her last year of high school, her parents en...
48.1K 15K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...