Invisible Line in Between

By nininininaaa

[NEW CLASSIC SERIES #1] Meet the lead vocalist of New Classic, Isaiah Kalen Mallari. A #Wattys2020 Winner sto... More

Invisible Line in Between
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Invisible Line in Between (Self-Pub)
New Classic Lyrics Booklet

Chapter 10

80.4K 3.2K 2.3K
By nininininaaa

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 10
Dedication

As soon as the clock struck 6PM, I refreshed the official Youtube channel of New Classic. They didn't fail me with their punctuality. New First Classic's music video was already up on their channel. I stopped myself from watching the video and proceeded posting about it first. Since Aya was the one who composed the captions of our posts, I was tasked with posting the video link, while Dawn would be posting the links from different music platforms.

@FirstClassPH
The music video of New Classic's new single 'New First Classic' is out now!

youtu.be/NCnewfirstclassic

#NewFirstClassicOutNow
#NewClassicIsOurNewFirstClassic

After I was done posting, I immediately went back to the Youtube tab and put the video on full screen before hitting the space bar. I was so curious with the music video because they didn't release any teaser for it, unlike what they did with Always.

But I guessed they wouldn't promote it because it was only released for the fans. They didn't release it to chart or anything. It was just a gift for us―First Class.

The video started with a black screen. Slowly, the words 'New First Classic' appeared on the screen like it was being written down. And in a split of second, it showed the fans entering the Skydome, during the first fan gathering last week. Then, it showed the members of New Classic in their studio.  They were discussing and playing their instruments. Isaiah was holding a pen and paper, while bobbing his head, like he was feeling the music.

My lips parted, realizing what the music video is about. I was emotional all throughout the video. They showed clips of fans laughing and having fun during the fan gathering. And before the last chorus, the screen faded into black once again, until it showed Sic on the screen. It seemed like he was being interviewed.

"What is First Class to you?" the woman behind the camera asked.

Sic smiled brightly, like a carefree boy he is. "They are my success."

And just like that, the tears welled up in my eyes fell.

"A reminder to keep playing and to keep doing what I love," Jirro was the next one to answer the same question.

I bit my lower lip hard, especially when Isaiah appeared on the screen. He was silent for almost three seconds before he answered, "The ones whom I'll keep singing to."

My breath hitched in my throat as I tried to hold myself back from sobbing. I put my fist against my lips, desperate not to make a sound.

"They are the reason why New Classic exists..." Ike answered and smiled.

The screen went black again. But then, the instrumentals were slowly building up, until it showed the performance of New Classic during the fan gathering for the last chorus. Some scenes were showing the fans with their phones up and waving their hands to feel the song.

We are the New First Classic...

After Isaiah sang the last part, the camera slowly zoomed out and showed the whole members on the stage. It proceeded to a flawless transition of the boys on their usual ment position.

"Got Music?" Ike started.

"New Classic!" All the members replied with a huge smile on their faces.

I was completely wasted by the end of the video. I couldn't react. Tears kept streaming down my face. It was an upbeat and fun song, but the content of the music video made me emotional.

At the credits, they even acknowledged First Class' appearance, since a lot of the footage used were during the fan gathering. Ang ibang scenes ay ipinakita kung paano binubuo ng banda ang kanta. The recording session also appeared.

It wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought it would just be a normal music video inside a box or showing the boys having fun outside. But it turned out to be personal and very sentimental.

It was credited that all the members came up with the concept of the music video for New First Classic. They also directed it. They were very much hands-on with the production of the song and the music video. I felt an overwhelming appreciation for all their efforts to show their gratitude to us.

I didn't know how long I stared absentmindedly in front of my laptop. I was aware that I still had to post some stills from the music video, but I wasn't confident that I could watch it again without breaking down, while I was still a bit emotionally unstable.

Getting ahold of myself, I reclined my back on the headboard. Itinabi ko rin ang aking laptop para yakapin ang aking unan.

Their answers to the question asked in the music video were echoing inside my head. To know how they thought of us―First Class―as someone that important to them, filled me with an intense feeling of euphoria. Their words meant so much to me as a fan. It felt like I really did stan the right band. It was a pleasure to know that they appreciate us, as much as we appreciate their existence and their songs for giving us inspiration.

Once my mind was clear, and my emotions had calmed down, I watched the video again to get some high quality stills. Nang matapos ay ipinost ko agad iyon sa fanbase account. Chineck ko rin kung nagt-trending ang hashtags. I was so happy to see that both hashtags were trending at the first and second spot. First Class and the names of the members were also trending. We completely took over the trending list in PH.

I checked the tweets of other First Class. May mga gumagawa ng quotations with pictures of the members. Inilagay nila roon ang mga isinagot ng banda sa tanong sa music video. May mga ilang pinopost ang screenshot nila sa video at nilalagyan ng marka ang sarili dahil nakita sila roon sa fan gathering clips.

After seeing the good feedbacks of the fans, I went over to retweet the recent tweets of the members, which were all about the newly released single. Si Aya ang nagche-check ng current ranking sa charts at na-post niya na 'to agad sa aming account. Ang next na pagpost namin sa rankings ay after 24 hours pa.

The song debuted #2 on the local charts. It was a huge achievement, thinking that it was just a song they made as a gift for the fans. They didn't do promotions for it, but it was doing really well.

Goosebumps prickled on my skin, feeling the power of the rookie band. They had not even debuted for a year, and yet they were already taking over the charts. I got even prouder when I saw that those artists, charting with them, were all veterans and well-known artists.

Pagkatapos kong tingnan ang mga trends at pati na rin ang feedbacks ay lumipat ako sa aking personal account para magtweet ulit ng aking reaksyon. Doon ko lang nakita na nagwawala na si Dawn sa aming group chat. Aya, on the other hand, was just calmly expressing her thoughts about the new song and music video.

@dawnramos:
OMG!!! Nandoon ako sa music video! Nakita ninyo ba?

Dawn was really shown in some of the video clips from the fan gathering. I was there, too, but I didn't pay much attention to my appearance.

@ayalovesmusic:
Glad for you!

@dawnramos:
Hay! If only you could come last week, eh 'di sana nandyan ka rin sa video! Sayang talaga, Aya!

@ayalovesmusic:
You're right... Anyway, it's a good music video. I personally like the song.

@dawnramos:
Oo! Sobrang naiyak ako!

I smiled, when I realized that I wasn't the only one who got carried away because of the music video. Among us three, Aya was the only one who's calm about it.

Naalala ko tuloy no'ng sinabi ko sa kanya ang tungkol sa pinapirma kong Kaleidoscope album para sa kanya. I even printed the picture of New Classic with her fansign and put it on a white classic frame.

@zendayabrielle:
Aya, can I ask for your address, if it's okay with you? May ipinapirma kasi akong album sa New Classic para sa 'yo. Ipapadala ko sana.

@ayalovesmusic:
You did, huh?

I cocked my head on one side as I read her reply. Parang hindi siya interesado. Kung ibang tao siguro 'yan na humahanga sa New Classic ay baka tinadtad na ako ng mensahe sa tuwa.

@ayalovesmusic:
Thanks, but you really didn't have to.

@zendayabrielle:
Aya, the fan gathering wouldn't be possible without you. At saka halos ideas mo kaya ang nakuha para sa program.

@ayalovesmusic:
Ganoon ba? Thank you.

Napakunot ang noo ko, pero natatawa na rin. Medyo nasasanay na ako sa kanya. She's just really a person who lacks enthusiasm.

@zendayabrielle:
You're welcome! Kaya ibigay mo na sa akin ang address mo para ipapadala ko na sa 'yo!

@ayalovesmusic:
It's okay if I'll just pick it up, right?

@zendayabrielle:
Yup!

I respect her privacy, so it didn't matter. Ang importante ay maipadala ko sa kanya 'to.

@ayalovesmusic:
Great. I'll just ask my friend to pick it up.

@zendayabrielle:
Uh, okay. Ikaw ang bahala.

Kaya naman ibinigay na lang sa akin ni Aya ang contact details ng kanyang kaibigan. She told me that her friend's house was nearer to the branch where she could pick up the parcel.

While packing the package on a bubble wrap, I couldn't keep myself from reading the dedication that each member wrote to Aya. I was so curious, especially because I wanted to know what Isaiah wrote in such a speed of light.

Aya,
Thanks for the effort!
Puntahan ka namin sa Cebu
next time ah
― Sic

Hi, Aya!
Hindi ka raw nakapunta?
Sayang naman. See you
next time!
― Jirro

Hello, Aya!
I hope you're really happy
with what you're doing. Don't forget
your other responsibilities!
See you!
― Ike

AYA,
JUST KEEP IT UP!
― Isaiah

Iyon ang mga dedication na nilagay nila sa album ni Aya. Like what I expected, Isaiah just really kept it short and simple. But it's still encouraging, right?

Nang matapos basahin ay ibinalot ko na lahat sa isang makapal na bubble wrap ang mga ipapadala ko. I made sure that it was bundled up safely, before I shipped it the next day during my break time. Halos limang araw din ang itinagal bago 'yon nakarating sa kanya. Aya took a picture of it, after she received it from her friend.

She just thanked me, but she didn't post anything regarding it on her account. Naisip kong talagang hindi ganoon kaimportante sa kanya ang mga ganoong bagay. She just really enjoyed and loved listening to New Classic's music.

After those two blissful weekends, it felt like I was having a beautiful dream only to be woken up and face the reality, which was more like a nightmare. I was slammed with requirements, and lessons to review as hell week arrived. Kinailangan ko pang magsabi kina Dawn at Aya na baka hindi muna ako maging masyadong active for a week. Kahit si Dawn din ay nahihirapan. Aya said that she'd try to post more often to cover up our absence. I was thankful for that, though slightly apologetic that we were a burden to her.

Habang nag-aaral para sa susunod na exam sa may library ay natigil ako nang mayroong marahang kumatok sa aking lamesa kung saan ako nakapuwesto. Maiinis na sana ako dahil naabala ako sa pag-aaral at medyo nawala ang konsentrasyon.

However, as soon as I lifted my head, I was stunned when I saw Ida Mallari standing beside me. My lips slightly parted as shock spread all over me.

"Sorry... May kasama ka ba?" pabulong niyang tanong sa akin.

Without a word, I just shook my head.

She smiled and pointed the chair across me. "Can I sit here for a while?" she asked me for permission. "I'll just wait for someone."

"Uh, s-sure..." Medyo nauutal ko pang sabi.

"Thanks!" she happily said and immediately sat on the vacant chair.

I couldn't believe it. I was so overwhelemed by her sudden presence. Hindi ko magawang ibalik ang konsentrasyon sa pag-aaral, lalo na't hindi ko rin mapigilan ang sarili sa pagsulyap-sulyap sa kanya. Mabuti na lang at nasa cellphone ang kanyang buong atensyon kaya hindi niya napapansin ang pagnanakaw ko ng tingin.

I had never been this close to her, but now that I saw her upclose, I realized that she's really beautiful in person. Though there were some resemblances between her and Isaiah, she still has a very unique feature. Ang kanyang boses naman ay medyo mahinahon. It reminded me of Isaiah's breathy voice, whenever he sang soft notes.

"Ida."

Sabay kaming napaangat ng tingin ni Ida sa kararating lamang na si Blair matapos ang ilang minuto. She was holding the same book that I was reading.

Agad tumayo si Ida. "Are you done now?"

Blair nodded her head and smiled a bit.

I couldn't stop myself from admiring her beauty. I realized that she looked more beautiful, when I saw her showed a very brief smile. If only she had a better reputation, I was sure that she'd be pursued by many men.

Bahagya akong napatalon nang muling lumingon sa akin si Ida. "Sorry for disturbing you. Thank you and study well!" Iyon lamang ang sabi niya sa akin bago hinatak si Blair paalis at mukhang may plano silang dalawang puntahan.

Naiwan naman ako sa aking kinauupuan, hindi na malaman kung ano nga ba ang ginagawa bago dumating ang dalawa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 23.9K 16
Lumuwas ng manila si Arabella para maghanap nang trabaho, dahil hindi naman siya nakapag-kolehiyo kaya sa pagiging kasambahay siya bumagsak. Maayos...
3.7M 101K 63
[PROFESSOR SERIES I] Khione Amora Avila is a transferee student at Wesbech University who aimed to have a fresh start. She only had one goal in life...
271K 9.1K 40
Romance, Hatred, Pain
81.5K 2.3K 12
Best friend. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just a best friend. Enemies turned to best friends but definitely not lovers | ©2015 - Cover made through CA...