The Tales of Enth-Realm : Ris...

By BlueOnceler

In an unpredictable world, Meijin ventures through danger in order to found the truth about his lost village... More

Note
One : The Crystal Coven
Three : The Lightning Within
Four : The Unexpected Alliance
Five : The Lad with a Blue Cap
Six : The Truth Behind the Past
Seven : The Seige of Leberum
Finale : The Stand for Crustallia
Zero : A Very Special Day
Infinity : An Ice Cold Encounter

Two : The Stranger in Town

79 7 7
By BlueOnceler

RECENT: CRUSTALLIA
ENGUARD VILLAGE,
EON 1024 - CALLIUM 17

"How much further is your dad's house Max? It's getting dark."

"It's not really our main house Jin. It's small compared to what we have in Avarix in the Region of Ignitia." Xielmarx explains.

"This is more like a vacation house," Aiiana says.

"Oh! I see." Meijin replies and then whispers something to Aiiana. "Your friend's a big time."

"Yeah! They have a total of three houses. They have a house too in Hemespheria." Aiiana whispers back then silently laughs. "And you know what? Xielmarx once got lost in his own house."

"Hey, can you guys stop that. It's annoying." Xielmarx says interrupting the two from giggling.

"Sorry. Oh! there's the bread store!just a turn from that crossing, and we're close." Aiiana explains.

"I can't wait to see my sister stand after I heal her with this Acrolyte," Xielmarx says as he finally sees their house's gates. "Over there that's our house."

"Woah! That's a big beautiful Layer House (a type of housing mainly found in Crustallia's villages. It's known for its stacked box styles with flat roofs for every storey or section, to look like it is layered). Your family is really big time." Meijin admires.

A Typical Layered Houses
in Crustallia

"Not really, it's just my dad is a busy man."

"Wait!" Aiiana shouts all of a sudden. "I'll just buy something here."

Meijin becomes curious about the store in front of them.

"It's BABErages? What is this store? Are they selling drinks or girls?"

Xielmarx can't help it but laugh out of Meijin's humor. Suddenly the street lamp post lights up and Enguard became brighter to see.

"Why did you laugh?" He asks.

"You're hilarious Jin, Aiiana will most likely buy a razzberry beer (a beer extracted from Razzberries, a kind of berry that only grows in Hemespheria)."

"Razzberry beer, I heard it's a strong beer. Can she take it?"

"Yes! But only 3 bottles. If more than that, she's going to be your nightmare." Xielmarx explains.

"Seriously?"

"Yes! Seriously!" Xielmarx laughs.

"It's frustrating to think that even though I'm his best friend, I don't know a lot about her," Meijin says in frustration.

"Don't worry, despite how much she had changed. She never once forgets about you." Xielmarx says, comforting him from sadness.

"I did the same. I did not stop looking for her and hoped someday if fate allows, I could find her." Meijin replies.

"... And you did!"

"Right!" He smiles.

"I'm here! What are you guys talking about?" Aiiana asks while busting in with a box of beer.

"Well, Jin thought that this store will sell you."

"Sell me... what?" She asks.

"Nevermind that! Let's just continue." Meijin cuts the conversation before it gets worse.

They continue ahead but before they can reach the gate, something just dashes throughout the street. It is fast enough that they did not have a chance to see it clearly.

"What was that?" Meijin asks.

"I don't know! But it's familiar." Aiiana says, trying to recall something.

"Maybe it's just a T-carrier at full speed."

"Maybe but we better hurry. This box of beer is heavy and it's numbing my hands." Aiiana says.

"How many did you bought?" Meijin asks.

"Six, " she grins.

"Six, you better not drink all of it, if you could remember what happen last time." Xielmarx reminds her.

"What happened last time?" Meijin asks.

"Max, zip it!" Aiiana quickly interrupts him before he can even answer.

"Just ask her."

"It's fine. You don't have to know." Aiiana says cutting the topic. "Oh! Were here."

Xielmarx opens the gate and lets them in. Before he can reach the door, someone opens it and happily hugs him.

"Max, your finally home. I was so worried about you."

"We're fine, dad. We got what we need."

"Good heavens! Aiiana did you brought some beer? That's perfect, we are going to celebrate." Xielmarx's dad declares.

"Yes Uncle, I'll just put it on the fridge.

Aiiana went to the kitchen assists by a maid. Xielmarx then introduces Meijin to this dad.

"Dad! We have a guest!"

"Oh! A young man! What's your name lad?"

"Good evening, sir' I'm Meijin Kawaguchi. Nice to meet you."

"Meijin?" The man became confused and turns to his son for a moment and whispers. "Is he Aiiana's long lost friend?"

"Yes, dad! That him. He's alive!" Xielmarx replies.

"Oh okay!" The man turns to Meijin and greets him with a handshake. "Nice meeting you. I am Maximillion Levicity, but just call me Uncle Leo."

Meijin smiles at the way Xielmarx's father behaves and his name too. It surely states how rich they are.

The man invites him in and told his maids to prepare for dinner.

"Well, we have all you need so please, don't be shy and treat this house as your own. We have a lot to talk about later at the diner. Well! I'm heading to Xyla's bedroom." Mr. Leo declares. "Max come with me and bring the Acrolyte. Let's just hope this will help her."

"So welcome to the family! Uncle Leo is always that jolly. " Aiiana says while dragging his friend to her bedroom.

"Xielmarx's house is elegant. I see fine details in the staircase and even on the ceiling."

"Yup. Wait till you see his house in Ignitia" Aiiana says.

"You've been to the Region of Ignitia?"

"Yup, only once. They also asked me to live with them there but I refused. I want to stay here."

"Why?" He asks.

"Isn't it obvious, because of you."

Meijin just smiles as he appreciates what his best friend had done for him.
Aiiana, on the other hand, is excited to show and tell Meijin of her collections and past times. She shows her room and Meijin did not expect what he sees.

Aiiana's room has a Queen size bed, pink floral curtain, a huge cabinet with a 30 inches Glass Projector (a television counterpart), and different kinds of globes from each region. She has a lot of stuff but one thing shines brighter in his eyes.

A Glass Projector

"You have a Hemespherian Badge! I remember that time when I spend my holidays there."

"Yup! I won't forget my experience there too."

"Why what happened?" He asks.

"When I was in Frostheim, a village near Zypher city. I spotted a Hemespherian Crownguard (a Knight protecting the Royal Blood) trying to defend a young child from a herd of Belserion (Large Bull, with Icy Coat)." Aiiana narrates. "I helped that knight and she rewarded me with a badge."

"Damn! It was cool. Unlike mine. Those beasts gave me some troubles." Meijin says.

"Why? What happened to yours?" Aiiana asks as she jumps towards her bed.

"Well, I was trying to date the girl I like, but unfortunately, it all went into a mess," Meijin narrates in frustration.

"You're dating? I'm so proud of you Jin, but... how did it become a tragedy? Did she rejected you?"

"No, but as I told you, Belserions went crashing into our snow camping."

"What did you do that made the beast mad?" Aiiana teases while laughing.

"I don't know. While camping, we're surrounded by Belserions but they show no sign of hostility. Unfortunately, after I lit up some tree logs to make a bonfire, the Belserions around went crazy and attacked us, destroying everything and putting off the fire. It was a cold date." He says while taking a deep breath.

"Why did you lit up a fire in front of those Beasts? They are afraid of fire, you should never do that!" Aiiana explains. "Belserion are ice creatures after all.

"Really? I'll remember that!" Meijin says.

"So tell me about your date. Did you give her flowers? Did you tell her how you feel? Who is she anyway."

"Her name's Gale. Sadly I'm wasn't able to give her flowers. And, about how I feel.. not yet. It's not really a date. It just happens that we crossed paths while I'm climbing the cliffs of Frostheim."

"Hmm... You did not fall from a cliff but you did fall to someone." Aiiana teases and continuously laughs.

"Oh come on! I can't wait to see your face when you are the one in my situation." Meijin says.

"Not happening!" She replies while grinning.

"So you want to be alone for life? Oh right! With that attitude, I'm not sure if any boy would let its foot trip to fall for you."

"Arrrgh, bad idea Jin. Come and let me break one tiny rib."

"See, that's exactly what I meant to say," Meijin explains while running away from her.

Suddenly, someone knocks at the door. Aiiana opens it and Xielmarx busts in calling them to eat.

***

At dinner, Meijin is so amazed by the circular dining glass table with an upper disc made of glass that rotates for easy access to food.

"This is awesome. I'd never been to a house as big as this before." Meijin said while looking at a chandelier up above with light-emitting mini power crystals.

Suddenly, someone unfamiliar in a thin pink cotton dress approaches him. She is like a lady counterpart of Xielmarx but with long hair.

"Hi! Are you Meijin, is it really you, Aiiana's long lost best friend?" The lady asks.

"Ah!... Yeah, I'm him."

"That's wonderful! Congratulations Aiiana. You finally found him." The lady giggles and hugs Aiiana.

"Yeah!" Aiiana responds. "But looking at you, your walking now. Did the Acrolyte works Uncle?"

"Yes Xavi, it did. Thanks for helping my son find that rare crystal." Mr. Leo says.

"No problem Uncle. Just call me when you need me." She replies.

Some maid then enters the dining room and lay down some bowls of soup, Casselberry Bread (a bread layered with Casselberry jam from a berry plant that is only found on the forests of Crustallia), and fresh fruits.

A Casselberry

After seeing the food, the lady sits beside Meijin and introduces herself.

"Meijin, I am Xyla Levicity, Max's twin sister."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too. Are you coming with us tomorrow?" Xyla asks. "We're going home to Ignitia.

"Yeah! That's a good idea, you can come with us if you like, after all, Xielmarx told us about your Stormrider." Mr. Leo says. "We would love to try a ride in it.

"I'd like to sir, but... I can't. I have something in mind that I need to know, now that I acquired an Adrenocite." Meijin explains.

"It's alright! But, if you need some help, call us too. Here in our family, we help each other. Since your Aiiana's friend, we consider you as a family as well." Mr. Leo declares. "Oh! I can still remember when I was investigating a strange creature in Frailwood. And there, I found Aiiana helpless and unconscious. It was later I found out that she is from Southside, the lost village, so I decided to adopt her."

"I was thankful you found me, uncle," Aiiana says. "I owe it all to you and the boy who saved me from that forest.

"Thanks, for taking good care of Aiiana, Uncle," Meijin says. "But, what is this creature you are investigating?"

"Your welcome." He said and gave a wealthy person's laugh. "Well, that creature is different. It is not like the animals we have in our realm. It has glowing tentacles and slender body."

"Really?" Meijin asks. "That's might be the creature who attacked you Xavi!"

"Correct!" Aiiana says.

"Did you found it?" Meijin asks.

"Unfortunately, No! We found not a single trace of it. Only Aiiana and freezing plants around."

Xielmarx found himself a bit out of place so he decides to start a new topic. He grabs some bread and asks Aiiana if she will go with them.

"I'm sorry Max. Now that I found Meijin, I decided that I'll be staying with him for a while." Aiiana declares.

"It's alright, I'll just tell mother about your decision. But you have to promise to visit her sometimes. She misses you." He says.

"Yup! I promise." She responds.

"Oh bring Meijin too. She would be pleased to meet you Jin."

"I'll try." He replies.

"Well, I'm done, I'll go ahead and leave the rest to you, Max. I need to finish my reports before we leave tomorrow. And... Xyla, you should rest now. You just got healed, your body is still new to this kind of environment." Mr. Leo says.

"Alright!" Xyla agrees and leaves the table.

"So what do we do now?" Meijin says while wiping his thin lips.

"I, don't know. How about Monopoly?" Xielmarx suggests.

"Sure! With beer of course!" Aiiana declares as she went to the kitchen to get some bottles.

Xielmarx asks the maids to clean the table and provide them some snacks and a bucket full of ice.

After everything was set, the three spend their night, laughing, and drinking as they play. Meijin spots the moon Callium outside the window but not for long since a dark fog-like cloud quickly engulfs it. He just ignores it and gets ready for the next round.

CALLIUM 18

"Xavi wake up!" Meijin says while trying to awaken his hangover friend.

"What! It's too early. Let me sleep," she responds while turning to the opposite side of the bed.

"It's already late. You need to get up, we have a problem." Meijin insists.

"Alright! What is it?" Aiiana asks while yawning. She stretches a little and gets up, following Meijin to the living room.

"Xavi! It's a good thing you're awake," Xyla says as she comes near her and drags her towards the window. "You need to see this."

Everyone in the house is staring outside the window. Aiiana rubs her eyes to see clearly what's happening.

She is terrified to see a black smoke like fog engulfs Enguard's streets.

"What happened here, Uncle?"

"Don't know, the village just wake up seeing all of this."

"Is it dangerous? Have you tried to touch the smoke father?" Xielmarx asks.

"I did. Luckily it wasn't toxic. It's like a cloud but the opposite. It's black and dry." Mr. Leo describes.

"How about lights Uncle? Does it have a reaction over light?"

"I tried to went outside this dawn and I'm happy to say that lights can somehow faint the fog. Whatever it is, I forbid you all to come out. I have to cancel our flight this afternoon."

"That's okay to me father, at least I can hang up with them a little," Xyla says happily after hearing the bad news.

"Whatever this is, I guess it will all fade soon. I hope the Enguard's Officers are taking care of this now." Meijin says.

"In the meantime, let's go to the dining room, My father prepare some food for us," Xielmarx says.

They ignore the smoke at a moment and enjoy a hot meal in the dining room.

Xyla did finish first her breakfast and went to the living room and try to see the news.

In the Glass Projector, it is broadcast that the smoke is actually a smog, concluding that it is only a mixture of fog and black smoke. The only question is that where is it coming from and why the smoke is so thick.

The three heard the news and were relieve after hearing about the explanation.

"Thank goodness it is just a smog. I am starting to worry about my Stormrider." Meijin says.

They all talk calmly as they enjoy the meal, but something makes them choke all of a sudden.

Another news broadcasts states that the village captain will reward 90,000 square golds for anyone who could fix this problem.

Aiiana and Meijin went rushing towards the Glass Projector trying to confirm what they heard.

"Wow! I did not expect your reactions! Are you interested?" Xyla asks.

"What do you think Aiiana, are you in?" Meijin asks.

"You bet! Max join us." Aiiana pleas.

"Alright' I'm in." He answers.

"Me too." Xyla proclaims.

"I won't allow that Xyla, you should take 3 days of rest." Mr. Leo says while coming down the staircase.

"Father, can we take this job request?" Xielmarx asks.

"Yes! Now that I knew it was just a smog, I'm relieved. But be careful still. You can use our T-carrier if you like."

"That's great uncle," Aiiana says.

The three start planning what to do. After they finish, Meijin decides to give them his latest invention, an H-Lens (a Holographic Lens device made to be attached to the Glass phone, in order to see and talk with each other in a specific distance).

It is early in the afternoon when the three starts to execute the plan.

"You guys know what to do right?" Meijin asks.

"Yup. Max and I will take the other carrier and journey throughout the village for any suspected origin." Aiiana states.

"Good! I'll use the other T-carrier to scout on the boundaries of the village. Don't forget your Light Tubes (an invented glass tube covered with a cork that has a mini light power crystal inside), do not open it or else it would explode." Meijin warns them. "By the way, do you guys remember how to use the H-lens?"

"Yes! Just attached it on Glass Phone and face the lens towards us as we call you." Aiiana says.

"Nice! Now, lets hit the road."

As they open the garage, the smog enters and it creeps Xielmarx a little. He is a bit afraid of the dark.

"So that's why you ask me to accompany you," Aiiana teases as she and Max enter the T-carrier.

A Transport Carrier
(T-carrier)

Meanwhile, Meijin already gets inside the other T-carrier and ready to drive.

The two teams, start the engines and do the task. Their T-carriers hovers and speeds forwards ahead.

***

Minutes later, while driving, Aiiana and Xielmarx are surprised to see a group of people walking slowly to the opposite direction. They use their T-carrier's lights to get some attention. One of the men approaches them.

"Sir, are you here for the smog problem too?" Aiiana asks.

"Yes, but all of the Villagers we're hurrying to go home now and you should too." We saw a dark figure in the smog, it has red eyes and it attacked us. The persons who were caught were turned petrified." The man states and then leave.

"Something is in this smog?" Xielmarx asks in a shaky voice.

"This is strange. I have a feeling that this is not a simple smog." Aiiana concludes.

"Can you stop saying that, it gives me the creeps," Xielmarx says.

"Are you scared?" Aiiana asks while making his face eerie.

"No, I'm not, let's just go ahead."

Aiiana just smiles as Xielmarx drives the T-carrier at a moderate speed.

***

A few minutes later, while driving steady, they can't help but notice, every door is shut and no one is around like before. Silence speaks louder that they can even hear the low but shrill sound of a moving steel gate, blown by the wind.

"Do you think that red eyes thing will attack us?" Xielmarx asks, worrying about their safety.

"You bet! But, when that happens we will be ready. Aiiana says.

Xielmarx drives the T-carrier slowly and cautiously until something just rings that made him freak out.

"Oh geez, what was that?"

The sound is coming from Aiiana's bag. It's a children's song called When I Got You.

"Sorry! Someone just calls, I bet it was Jin." Aiiana says. "Yup! It is really Meijin.

Xielmarx stops the T-carrier as Aiiana places the Glass Phone in the front of them. She then presses the answer call and something just pops up from the lenses. It's projecting a clear hologram. The hologram portrays Meijin while driving, but they notice something weird.

"Hi, guys!" Meijin greets. "I can see, you used the H-lens well."

"Yeah! Where are you now Jin, and why does the ambiance so bright right there." Aiiana asks, pointing out Jin's sunny background.

"I'm outside of the village currently driving in the town's perimeter. You won't believe it but right here, it is sunny. You got to be careful guys, something is ... "

They are busy looking at Meijin when something just hits their T-carrier. They are pushed back and Aiiana's Glass phone fell down. Luckily no damage was done but the call is interrupted.

"What was that?" Xielmarx asks as a reddish-black beam hits them again.

"That's the red eyes creep. Be on guard Max." Aiiana says.

The beam hits them but, Xielmarx is thinking ahead. Lately, while driving, due to what the man told them, he secretly puts some force field around the T-carrier. Because of his quick thinking, the vehicle didn't suffer any further damage.

"A force field. I'm surprised but thankful too. That is great Max!"

"Ah! Xavi, look over there!" Xielmarx says, pointing to the black figure not far from them.

The figures come closer and it appears to be a man, with black hair, slightly tan skin, broad shoulders, tall and standing in a firm posture.

He is wearing a black hoodie zip jacket, paired with black ninja pants and black high cut sports shoes with red highlights. On his hands are wide black wristbands along with black gloves. Base on his appearance, he appears to be the same age as them.

When Aiiana sees his face, she is hooked by his bad-boy looks especially the black earring in his left ear.

"Xavi, brace yourself!" Xielmarx says while shaking her back to reality.

"What?" Aiiana asks while realizing that he is an enemy.

"You said to focus but now your acting strange." He responds.

"Oh yeah! Let's go out and fight him. Two on one, this would be easy!"

"Hey! Are you crazy?" Xielmarx says while following his friend outside the T-carrier.

The air is chilly outside and the wind blows Aiiana's vibrant pink hair away from his crop-top outfit covered with a thick furry jacket.

Silence dominates again. Xielmarx just stays beside Aiiana, focusing on one thing, activating his Rend if things went wrong. Out of their expectation, the man deactivates his Rend. His ruby red glowing eyes with shuriken blade-like symbols return to normal, revealing his eyes' true maroon color. They can see clearly that this man is an Obscourist (a type of render, whose abilities are drawn from the darkness).

"Leave!" The man demands.

"Leave? Who are you to order us?" Aiiana asks. "Who are you anyway?"

"I am Fredrick Blamire. Those attacks were just warnings. Now, I'm asking you to leave. Let me do what must be done." He replies.

Fredrick Blamire

"Sorry but we're not leaving! If you're behind all of this then we have no choice but to stop you."

"I am. I did this. This is for the village's sake. If you understand that, just leave and let me save this town.

"Save the town?" Xielmarx asks, trying to reason out. "You're engulfing it in smog. How is this called saving? Sorry, but I don't trust any Obscourist."

"That's not my concern. If you won't leave I'll have no choice but to force you." Fredrick declares as he leaps backward.

Before he can land on the pavement, a metal trash can along with a lamppost went flying towards him. Aiiana is quick to act and manage to land a direct hit.

The trash can opens up letting the papers swarm the air. The smog then blurs everything but as soon as the atmosphere settles. Fredrick appears to be unharmed. Unfortunately, he is ready to cast the same black and red beam towards them.

Xielmarx quickly uses his Rend to block those attacks.

"Woah! He is strong." Xielmarx describes after he diffuses his force field.

"You're right! He is an Obscourist after all. I'm at a disadvantage. Forensist like me has a slight chance of beating him." Aiiana explains.

"So am I! My Rend is more defensive than offense." Xielmarx says in dismay. "Let's retreat for a while."

"I won't let you get away," Fredrick declare as he floats towards the air ready to use his Rend's Axial Form.

While he is chanting his Rend, Aiiana and Xielmarx are stop by two smog figures whose silhouettes are an exact copy of Fredricks's body form.

They immobilize them to the ground, in front of Fredrick as a glowing red aura sphere emerges in front of him, continuously growing fast.

"Damn! I can't kick them. It's like they are something we can never touch." Aiiana describes as she struggles.

"Stop it Aiiana, you're wasting your energy," Xielmarx says.

"Then what should we do?" Aiiana asks as she watches the red aura sphere starts to shrink releasing a beam of black matter in red aura glow.

Xielmarx embraces his end while Aiiana still struggles. They are about to get hit when a fast flashy light snatches them out from captivity.

Fredrick was surprised at what happens but did not waste time and went further down the darkness.

***

Aiiana is sure that its afternoon when they left, but now she is not sure if the clock in his Glass Phone is correct.

"Is he gone?" Xielmarx asks while looking at a mysterious lady who saves them from their demise.

"Yes! Are you guys alright?" The lady asks as she turns towards them.

"Yes, we are fine. But who are you?" Xielmarx says while looking at her.

The lady wears dark blue skinny jeans partnered with high cut leather boots. She is also wearing a pink checkered polo, topped with a dark blue mini-jacket. A mini pouch is strapped around her waist. She has pale golden eyes slightly covered by her pale pink colored hair. Her skin is a bit tan. She stands straight in posture but his a little shorter than Aiiana.

"Good! Let's stay here for a while then let's leave." She says as she wipes to the side her shoulder leveled hair and introduces herself. "By the way, I'm Toph Beilyn, and you're...?"

Toph Beilyn

"I'm Xielmarx Levicity! Nice meeting you, and thanks for saving us."

"Yeah, thanks! I owe you one. I'm..."

"Aiiana Xaviera!" Toph says while grinning like a trickster.

"How did you know... Wait you look familiar," Aiiana declares trying to remember something. Suddenly, she found the memory she needs. "You're the Crownguard I helped back then. I remember it now. Seeing you move as fast as any Carrier, all make sense."

"We meet again! Did you take good care of the badge I gave you?" Toph asks.

"Yes of course. It's a great honor after all." Aiiana replies. "Max this is her, the one I told you way back at Frostheim."

"Its an honor meeting you here sir knight!" Xielmarx addresses.

"Me too!" Toph says." I'd like to ask you more but right now, we are in a bad situation. We should lower our voices and make it out of here as fast as we can."

"You're right, but how," Aiiana asks.

Toph looks around to see if the coast is clear. To her surprise, someone is coming their way.

"Guys! Ready to engage." Toph says as she activates her Rend. Two triangular like symbols followed by speed arrows appears as her eyes glow yellow.

The others follow her and brace themselves for combat. They are about to take action when Aiiana and Xielmarx realize it is Meijin, trying to find his way in the darkness.

"That's your friend?" Toph asks.

"Yes, "Aiiana replies as she hurls a crumpled paper towards him.

Meijin notices it and looks upon their direction. The three then silently wave their hand while putting a stay quiet gesture with their hands on their mouth. He approaches them and whispers.

"Finally I found you. My tracker's a bit malfunctioning, so it took me long enough to find you." He explains while showing a map with 3 red blinking dots on the screen of his Glass phone.

"Meijin, thank heavens your here, did you bring the T-carrier?" Aiiana asks as she hugs her friend.

"Yes! Oh, I see you got company but let's get out of here, for now." He says. "Something is odd about this fog."

"Good idea." Xielmarx agrees.

"We already knew about that Jin," Aiiana says. "We even faced him."

"Save the talk for later guys," Toph says.

They all follow Meijin to the T-carrier and get out of there fast. They escape without being followed by anyone.

***

Back to Levicity's vicinity, the four decides to keep it as a secret of what has happen to them. They don't want Mr. Leo to worry or gets upset about what they find out.

They enter the house with frail smiling faces.

"Thank goodness, you've made it in time. I am starting to worry about your safety!" Mr. Leo says while taking them to the dining room to eat.

Toph is introduced to Mr. Leo, Xyla, and Meijin. Everyone is silent while eating and the dinner ends, with all of them making excuses for how did their journey goes.

***

After they finish setting up their nighty suits, they all went to Aiiana's bedroom for discussions but first, they explain to Meijin what really happens back there and who's the enemy.

"So this Fredrick guy is the enemy." Meijin points out. "By the way, I need to tell you what I found. This Fredrick your talking about is only targeting the whole village. After I manage to get out of the border, I was shocked to see that the smog only covers the village.

"Hmm... Why would he do that?" Xielmarx becomes curious.

Meijin continues his narration. "I knew something is odd, that's why I called you. Suddenly you guys went disconnected and I can't call you back. That's the time when I used my Glass phone to track your H-lenses. Luckily you guys have your phone in your mini packs or else I ended up petrified by Fredrick if it happens that you forgot your phone on the T-carrier you left."

"I didn't know you put a tracker on your device," Aiiana says.

"I always put a tracker to all the devices I made. You know! For me to find them quickly if I lost it." He explains.

"That's an advanced thinking. I give you my praise for it." Toph says.

"We need to stop Fredrick. I don't like any Obscourist." Xielmarx says.

They all agree and plan to defeat Fredrick but how, is there a problem.

"Guys! Any ideas." Meijin asks.

"No! But I'm now sure of one thing, his Rend is Shadow. I based it on how Aiiana described the Smog Figures before."Xielmarx infers. "They can be seen but cannot be touch. I also believe that this Smog is not a mixture of fog and smoke but an aura made of shadow. After all, if it is smog, the light will not be able to disperse it.

"So that's why my attacks are useless against him," Toph says in realization. "Smart thinking Max, I give you those points."

"Me too, my Rend is rendered useless against him! We are really at a great disadvantage!" Aiiana seconded what Tophs said. "Wait! You fought him too?"

"Yes, I am also trying to earn the rewards for special purposes," Toph explains. "Don't mind me, it's a secret."

"I understand," Meijin says and then asks. "But, what I don't understand is why are you saying that all of you are at a disadvantage against him?"

Xielmarx sigh and explains to Meijin about their situation.

"I and Toph are Heiromist type of Renders. We have abilities that can enhance our body parts, like how I can turn invisible and how Toph can move faster than the normal. Meanwhile, Fredrick is an Obscourist, a type of Render whose abilities are drawn from the darkness. And due to the fact that his Rend is Shadow, any physical attack coming from us is useless. I can't even use my Rend to attack him." Xielmarx explains in frustration.

"How about Aiiana, he could mind control him," Meijin reasons out.

"That's not possible Jin," Aiiana responded. "I'm a Forensist, a Render that can do stuff using our minds. We can affect the minds of anyone except those who are drawn to darkness, the Obscourist."

"Wow, I can't believe how cornered we are right now. But I still believe that we can beat him." Meijin proclaims.

"Why Jin? Did you come up with a plan?"

"Yes, I did! Now listen carefully." Meijin smiles like an evil tactician.

"Go on! I'm starting to like that smile." Toph says.

They all compress and digest Meijin's every word. They all become busy that night, working until they got the finish.

"Done it! I made a lot of Light Tubes." Meijin says.

"You sure that would work?" Xielmarx asks."

"Yes!" Meijin replies.

"Oh! I'm tired. Any moment soon and I'll pass out." Toph says. "I should have stayed at Hemespheria."

"Come to think of it. Why are you here in Enguard Toph? I thought you were supposed to be guarding the throne and the royals." Aiiana asks.

"The princess asks me to earn gold. She heard, Enguard is the hot spot for daily requests and missions. So the princess sent me here."

"Why is that so?" Xielmarx asks, confused about why did the princess needs more gold if they have an endless amount of it herself.

"Sorry but I cannot reveal further details but, you heard it right, its the reason why I'm after this quest's rewards," Toph explains.

"Must be a secret agenda," Meijin says.

"And I say, how about we sleep. Its already dawn." Aiiana suggests and they all agree.

"I'll just set an alarm. We don't want to wake up late, aren't we?" Xielmarx says teasing Aiiana.

"Come on! I'll be an early bird this time." She promises.

"Understood!" Meijin says.

Aiiana turns off the lights as soon as the three left from her room.

CALLIUM 19

Morning comes, but the shadowy fog still envelops the village in darkness.

The four of them left early to avoid Mr. Leo from interrupting them.

As they go further down the streets, the shadowy fogs become a bit denser.

As planned, they choose to walk for a while, instead of riding a Carrier, in order to avoid being spotted immediately.

Aiiana looks at every corner as they walk towards the village's center. She breaths heavily as she follows Toph, leading the way.

Xielmarx thought that if the whole village is the only place covered by this shadowy fog, its ideal that Fredrick would be lurking at the plaza, the center point.

As they phase on the silent street. They see a troop of Enguard's Officers petrified in a running away position.

"Wow! I never saw anyone, strong enough to do this even on a group of officers." Xielmarx says.

"Obscourist are dangerous since they have infinite Rend during night time. Due to the situation right now, it's not a mystery why he became strong. Its almost like night everywhere even though it's daytime." Toph explains.

They left the stoned Officers and continue ahead towards their destination.

They are getting nearer to the plaza when something just passes by. Aiiana along with Toph and Xielmarx quickly hides in the corner of a building.

"Like what you said Toph, his heavily guarded."

"Yes! Positive! Is that the plaza? I could barely see but it looks like a picnic area." Toph said as she tries to look closely at what's ahead of them.

"Based on the establishment around. You're correct, That is the plaza. I could see the Redshirt mall over there. I usually buy branded clothes there."

"It's not the time for shopping Max, focus!" Aiiana says while tapping his head.

"Alright fine. I'm just sharing my perspective on how to look nice and neat." Xielmarx replies as he notices Aiiana breathing heavily. He looks into her eyes where a crimson red glowing star rotates constantly. " By the way, are you fine. You look exhausted. Its been a long time since you activated your Rend."

"I'm fine! I need to stay focus and strong for our plans to work. "Aiiana responds.

"Okay!" He replies while giving a high eyebrow.

Meanwhile, Toph decides to take action.

"If that's the plaza, then what are we waiting for, let's roll," Toph declares revealing herself.

Aiiana follows her and they both got seen by the shadow figures.

"Wait! Wait! Stick to the plan." Xielmarx says.

"This is the plan! Now come on out!" Aiiana says grinning.

"Oh! Great! Can't we at least be cautious and not reckless sometimes." He says in dismay while making his guard up by activating his Rend.

"Are you ready for it?" Toph asks.

"Oh! Let the games begin!" Aiiana replies.

"Wait... You understand the plan right?" Xielmarx asks them.

"Oh! Come on. Destroy the figures and get to Fredrick in no time." Aiiana explains in an annoyed manner.

"Alright! Calm down. I'm just trying to confirm it."

"Brace yourself, comrades, they're coming."

The shadow figures rush towards them coming from every corner of the street.

Aiiana punches the shadow figure on its head. Unfortunately, it's not that effective.

Around 6 shadow figures attack her in a pack. They are about to reach her but she immediately opens a Light tube and tosses it above them, exploding in bright light. The light neutralizes the shadow figures in an instant.

"This is great. Like what Meijin planned. These Light Tubes are good weapons against them." Aiiana says.

"Now I understand why our dining Chandelier almost runs out of power crystals," Xielmarx says while throwing the tubes in front of a horde of shadow figures.

Toph, on the other hand, uses her Rend to quickly disseminate the light.

As she is about to use her speed to light up the ambiance around, her slightly golden eyes turn glowing in topaz yellow and a speed arrow symbol appears in it. As the tubes she carries explodes, all shadow figures disintegrate in the air.

Toph's eyes glow in topaz yellow when her Rend is active

"Well done team now Fredrick is all alone now," Toph concludes.

Also, the shadow fog starts to get thin revealing Fredrick standing on the dome's roof. By the looks of his actions, he is up to something.

"Ah! Guys look out!" Xielmarx shouts out pointing towards Fredrick. Unfortunately, he is too late.

"Shadow Axial Form: Oblivion Gaze."

Fredrick fires the same Rend he casts before. His eyes glow on ruby red and the shuriken blades symbol on it starts to rotate. A black reddish aura forms and shrinks fast blasting Toph with a black matter coated in a red glow.

Fredrick's eyes glow in ruby-red when his Rend is active

Toph isn't able to dodge and is petrified in an instant.

"No! Toph!" Aiiana screams as she approaches her. However, she is no longer moving. "What have you done?"

"I did what I have to. She is fast, I cannot just let her annoy me and stop my plans." Fredrick explains as he flies down to the ground. "You should know better before you decided to come back."

"You're evil!" Aiiana says, angrily.

"If that's what you perceive, so be it. My goal is to save the village. I'm not here for any preach or praise." Fredrick says as the symbol in his eyes stops rotating.

"You will get neither, after this!" Aiiana's says as she uses her Rend to lift up a parked T-carrier and send it flying towards him.

"Foolish!" He says as the T-carrier just passes throughout his body.

He is like a ghost with no solid substance. Xielmarx is terrified of what he sees. He is starting to lose hope.

"Let me repay you with this!" Fredrick declares as the symbol in his eyes rotates once more. "Shadow Axial Form: Umbra Blades."

Black matter starts to mold around him taking the form of daggers. The blades then fire towards Aiiana but Xielmarx is quick enough to act.

After seeing his friend on a thin line, something just pops up in his mind and he did not hesitate to activate it.

"Invisibility Axial Form: Heavy Duty Cavalry." He runs in front of Aiiana and cast a new shield.

Spectral Horsemen Knights with big shields protect them from that attack. However, the barrier consumes a massive amount of energy than any of his other shields. He faints but Xielmarx is able to block all of the daggers coming from everywhere.

"Max! Say something." Aiiana says while holding his hand.

"It's up to you now Xavi..." Xielmarx says after he faints.

"Max! You will pay for this Fredrick." Aiiana screams as she runs towards him while simultaneously opens the last remaining Light Tubes they had. She then throws them all towards him.

The explosion emits light but that was not enough to hold him down. It only immobilized him for a short duration.

"You can't stop me with just a ten of those sticks."

Fredrick attacks her and pins her down. As he holds him tight, Fredrick notices something in her eyes.

"You have an active Axial Rend. What are you planning to do?" He asks.

Suddenly, out of the blue, something rings in Aiiana's mini pack. It gives her hope and made her proud to say something.

"You said you can't be stopped by the light of those tubes, how about the sun?" Aiiana asks as she pulls the trigger of her currently active Rend. "Psychic Axial form: Mind Resolve Link."

A big Explosion happens above them that spreads a bright white light. It dissolves the shadowy fog around the village's center. The sun shines once again to the plaza. Fredrick is hit by the sun's light and starts to feel weak.

Out from nowhere, Meijin appears and rushes forward trying to kick him away from Aiiana, however, he leaps backward evading that attack. Meijin checks upon Aiiana's condition.

All of a sudden, the petrified persons came back to life and Xielmarx slowly starts to gain consciousness. Toph came to her senses and is curious about what happened. When she sees Meijin and the others, she quickly approaches them to defend them.

Fredrick gets up and Meijin along with Toph stands guard. Xielmarx and Aiiana stay down but both staring towards him.

"It's over Fredrick, you won't stand a chance!" Toph declares.

"You're right! I admit defeat, but you will regret this. I assure you." He says as he slowly submerges himself down in his shadow.

"He's gone!" Toph clarifies.

As Fredrick left, the shadowy fog slowly lifts up. Enguard is finally released from the grasps of darkness.

Suddenly Fredrick's manly voice echoes towards the plaza. "Celebrate while you can. But, I'm warning you, Lemuria City is next."

"What are you talking about?" Meijin asks.

"Don't believe him. If he tries to do the same in Lemuria, I'll directly notify the Lemurian Knights, once I get back to Icenguard." Toph says.

"Thanks!"

Suddenly the Village Officers rushes forward and investigates what happens. They all report the incident and told the Officers of how the village was saved. Aiiana and Xielmarx soon recover and are able to be interviewed.

***

Later that day, the heroes are permitted to go home. They all decide to stay on Xielmarx house to celebrate but before that, they look for the T-carrier, left by Aiiana and Xielmarx that night. As soon as they found it, they use it to travel home.

Mr. Leo, on the other hand, is a bit frustrated about them lying to him, but, he promises to cook them something they will never forget, with the help of Xyla.

It's getting dark and they all talk about how Meijin's plans work.

"I can't believe it, all things go as what you planned," Xielmarx admires handling Meijin a Tasser chip (a chip made from a root crop called Tasser, its leaves are like sweet potatoes).

"Told you it will work. That is why I asked you to distract him with a fight and protect Aiiana at all costs. But I'm sorry, it took me a little longer in finding a good spot to launch 50 Light Tubes in the air."

"Light Tubes that are linked to me using my Axial Rend. As soon as Meijin launches it to the skies. I can use my link to open it all in an instant." Aiiana explains.

"I would be very satisfied if I was able to hit him. He dodges too good." Meijin says as he takes a bite of his Tasser Chips.

Suddenly his eyes went teary and excuse himself to go to the kitchen.

"What did happen?" Aiiana asks.

"Nothing! I just put some Tamaril powder in his chip (Tamaril is a shrub whose leaves are known for being hot and spicy). He made us a decoy remember, so I did a little revenge." Toph smiles like a mean child with her eyebrows moving up and down with no sweat.

Aiiana and Xielmarx just smile as Meijin returns. They talk about their plans after the reward ceremony tomorrow.

CALLIUM 20

It is a hot afternoon! Mr. Leo and the rest of his family is now on the port, after attending the celebration this morning.

Meijin, Aiiana, and Toph divide the rewards by themselves. Xielmarx, on the other hand, refuses to get any since he proclaims that he has a lot of money already.

After the counting of shares, Meijin and Aiiana express their gratitude and their farewell to Toph and The Levicity Family as they finally got their tickets.

"Both of you stay well," Xielmarx says while hugging them both.

"Same!" Meijin says. "And please take good care of the H-Lens."

"You too Max! Tell aunt that I'll visit her at the right time." Aiiana says as she waves his hand to Xyla and Mr. Leo who's already on board of the Stormrider Leviathan.

"Well, I got the shares from the rewards and some good companions, so I guess I'll get going now. Take care brave warriors. Until we meet again." Toph says as she and Xielmarx went on board.

"See you soon!" Aiiana shouts out as the Ship hovers in the air.

Both of them watch the Stormrider Leviarus as it disappears in the cloudy skies.

"By the way, I thought Toph is going home to Hemespheria. Why did she rides a ship going to Ignitia."

"Well, that's because yesterday, uncle found out that she is a Crownguard, so he persuaded her to come with them for a while in Ignitia. After all, aunt is a big fan of Royal Knights, especially crownguards."

"Well, that explains it. Wait I feel something wet in my pocket."

"What is it?" Aiiana asks.

Meijin slips his hand inside and feel something very slimy. Someone put an open Tamaril sauce in his pocket.

"Toph!!!" Meijin shouts out.

Aiiana just laughs as she drags him towards his Stormrider, on the left row of the Ports Hover Lot.

RECENT: SPECTERRA
LARCADE CITY,
EON 1024 - CALLIUM 20

The night is cold, as the wind blows from the sea. The moon, Callium, slowly drifts horizontally above the calm waters of Speterran Territory.
The coast is calm at first, but something disturbs the silence from below. A portal opens from beneath the seafloor. The waters quickly drift towards the opening as a shadow emerges from down below.

The portal closes and the shadow lands towards the sandy shores. From it, Fredrick appears, exhausted, and frail.

Despite his condition, he still manages to stand up to look towards the sky. As he bathes himself to the light of the moon, he slowly regenerates his energy. He's recovering but still, sadness lurks in his eyes. He watches the horizon, leading to Crustallia with worries and confused mind.

He is all alone until someone emerges behind him.

"It looks like, the shadow can be sad too."

"What do you want Dean?" Fredrick asks without even turning back.

"I expect nothing. Something whispers, stating you are disturbed. I've come here to listen." Dean responds.

"Huh! How the news flies so fast. I never thought the undead gossip more, than the living." Fredrick says as he turns towards his old-time friend. "I guess, you already know what happens."

"I won't say, I don't, so, yes! I already know," Dean says, smiling as he went beside him and looks towards the stars. "What's your next plan?"

"I failed to save Enguard. I concluded that Lemuria won't be saved either. I have no plans for the meantime."

"Lemuria city? A thousand innocent lives will soon be..." He pauses and then asks. "Are you a hundred percent certain?"

"Make that 101% sure," Fredrick responds.

"Hmm... How can we stop something inevitable?" Dean asks. "Aren't you going to try again?"

"I already have someone to try for me. After all, people outside don't believe in us Obscourist. I did my best, but no one listens. However, that someone might have a chance. It's all up to him now." He says.

"Is there a chance he will do as you say?"

"He will. After they regret what comes next, I have no doubt!" Fredrick says proudly.

"The word he... can be a name for anyone, can you be more specific?"

"I believe, his friends called him Meijin."

"I see!" The name catches Dean's attention. Out from nowhere, something flashes back in his mind. He becomes silent and subconscious

Fredrick snaps a finger in front of him. Dean just smiles and asks him to return home.

With a blink of an eye, they both vanish under the bright light of the moon.

End

©~~£=======>
BlueOnceler

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22 10 8
Description One day, all life disappeared from the world, save for a lone girl. Insects, fish, birds, beasts, monsters. Even humans disappeared from...
1.3K 43 94
Four girls living an ordinary life, thought nothing of the world. They had a regular family, went to school and they were the best of friends. Yet...
3.7K 100 93
Rainy wakes up one day in a new place. She is told she has "the water gift". She is sent to a school that teaches her to find her powers and control...
4.1K 199 25
A mysterious boy that has lost his memories was found unconscious in the middle of the forest. When he woke up, he found out that he's not in the sam...