Prince Among Men

w4ttp4dd3rbyn1ght tarafından

Takes place some years prior to the events of Aquaman. Orm Marius meets a human after venturing too close to... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - The Sea
Chapter 2 - The Camera
Chapter 3 - Construction
Chapter 4 - The Sea Dragon
Chapter 5 - The Storm
Chapter 6 - Takebacks
Chapter 7 - Oars and Conversation
Chapter 8 - Absence
Chapter 9 - Ships Passing
Chapter 10 - Company
Chapter 11 - Schism
Chapter 12 - Frigid
Chapter 13 - Regroup
Chapter 14 - Regroup Pt. 2
Chapter 15 - "It Will"
Chapter 16 - She Lit a Fire
Chapter 17 - The Span of a Second
Chapter 18 - A Taste of Sweetness
Chapter 19 - Seasonal Poisoning
Chapter 20 - Isolation
Chapter 21 - Light Like Stars
Chapter 23 - Dusk
Chapter 24 - Sold Short
Chapter 25 - Tether
Chapter 26 - Variables
Chapter 27 - Contours
Chapter 28 - Things He Carried
Chapter 29 - Twin
Chapter 30 - Vision
Chapter 31 - Shared Troubles
Chapter 32 - Insomniacs
Chapter 33 - Recollections
Chapter 34 - Many Happy Returns
Chapter 35 - Declaration
Chapter 36 - Pretense in Crisis
Chapter 37 - Rendezvous
Chapter 38 - Cloud
Chapter 39 - Disintegrate
Chapter 40 - Quest Interrupted
Chapter 41 - Rift
Chapter 42 - Last Resort
Chapter 43 - Purpose
Chapter 44 - The War, Pt. 1
Chapter 45 - The War, Pt. 2
Chapter 46 - Shift
Chapter 47 - Spill
Chapter 48 - Prince Among Men
Epilogue

Chapter 22 - Compass

541 25 1
w4ttp4dd3rbyn1ght tarafından

It wasn't until after the kiss that she realized how often her thoughts were drawn to him.

Throughout the next day, between waiting tables and answering tourists' questions, images of last night kept bouncing into her head. She recalled the hushed words of affection he had spoken to her. The reassuring warmth of his hand wrapped around hers as he had walked her to the boat, which distracted her entirely from the cold saltwater lapping at her knees. She recalled the way he had lingered for an extra moment, color flashing across his cheeks, before descending in to the waves. How the light from his lantern dwindled in the murky water, but still shone bright multitudes in her mind's eye.

More than once, while she was supposed to be cleaning tables with a window view, she caught herself gazing idly at the water on the horizon. It was a cloudy day. The colors of the town and the shoreline looked pale and washed out, in sharp contrast to the dark, slate-grey ocean. Despite the knowledge that gazing at the sea would not bring him back to her any faster, she found an inexplicable comfort in knowing that he was there. So she allowed herself one last glance at the grey and churning ocean, and then returned her attention to the dirty dishes and the cleaning rags.

-

The moments between thoughts of her were painful, but offered a strange relief from the otherwise searing gaze of palace attendants. Since he had begun thinking of her, since he had made the decision to keep seeing her, interactions between himself and other Atlanteans had become rigid and tense.

He made every effort not to reveal his unease, but deep down, there was an unshakeable paranoia that everybody knew what he was doing in the shadows. He did not want to become another name whispered only in deep corridors by serving-staff when the nobility has gone to sleep. He did not want to become another ghost story. But for every anxious interaction between himself and one of the palace attendants—or even worse, his father—he could recall a moment of equal comfort in the presence of his confidante.

(Y/N) was the only person in his universe who was not obligated to humor him, and yet she chose to spend time with him anyways. Besides listening to him, she dared to voice her disagreements. Every response was genuine. Even in her critique, there was comfort; a reassurance that he did not always have to be right. It was unlike the harsh and unforgiving correction he had received from Orvax, and even from Vulko at times. Although there was no room for missteps surrounding the circumstances of their meetings, he was safe to make mistakes as long as he was beside her. He could breathe.

In the rare moments when he could drift outside the throneroom, where he otherwise spent hours listening in on his fathers meetings, he sought a secluded balcony on the west edge of the palace. From there, he imagined he could feel the warmth of the sunlight as it made its way down in thin shafts.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.6K 336 37
Ebony is born as a half breed of the land and sea. She never thought her life was gonna change when she has to dethrone a king who she never thought...
222K 7.3K 29
BOOK ONE. #WATTYS2019 She only just began to come to terms with someone permanently leaving her life; she wasn't expecting someone to walk in and st...
683K 41.6K 105
The day that Kai learns that he's half-human, half-merman and that he's the key to ending a 100-year-old war, is also the day that the entire ocean l...
3.7K 167 14
Cora is a young girl living off the coast of Amnesty Bay, Maine. She's known Arthur for years after he saved her when she washed ashore. After years...