supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[12]

4.8K 245 105
By universaja

c h a p t e r - t w e l v e

You slammed your door open, rummaging through the closet before getting changed.

You have to find them now. Something is really weird about what you had seen. The most tricky of all is the Ghost Book getting back on showing itself to you. Well, that's what you call that book. You have to get it and show it to the boys.

But the problem is..

"I don't know where they are." You held your forehead in stress, giving yourself time to breath. A few days has passed after you had talkted to any of them and you literally have no clue where their mansion is. But after a minute of silence passed, you immediately grabbed your phone and your purse. "But I can find them."

You didn't forgot to lock the door before pocketing the keys. You tied your shoelace as tight as possible before running in the streets, hoping for a ride.

As soon as you turned where the busy cars drove in the streets, you jolted when some vehicles started driving out of the lane. Other shops are closing immediately while some people are running back with their other relatives.

Everything is a chaos.

Everything is suddenly a chaos.

You crossed the peaceful street just a few minutes ago but now, it totally turned the opposite.

You immediately grabbed a middle-aged woman on her arms, seeming to have no time to talk to you.

"W-What is happening?" You asked anxiously.

"There seems to be terrorist or some kind of groups who attacked us! The school nearby is burning!"

"What?! My school?!" You exclaimed, fear taking over you.

"Look, miss, I don't care if its your school or not! I need to save my children who's left alone in the house!" She snapped at you before running away.

You wasted no time and immediately get into the direction back at your school. The gates are widely opened while the sound of fire alarm continued to ring. And it's true.

"Holy shizz.." You muttered, jaw dropping on how the fire was slowly eating the place.

Although the students were running out, you ignored them and ran the opposite way, getting inside the school.

Some of them are familiar but you didn't waste some time looking at their faces. You only have one aim and that is to get back the book.

Lisa was coughing heavily, grabbing into your sleeves. "Y/N?! How the hell are you not wearing a uniform?!"

"It's a long story, but for now, go and save yourself." You waved your hand to get rid of the black smokes in your direction.

"How about you?!" Her brows met when she realized where your feet was pointing at. "No! I'm not going without you!"

"You have to save yourself, Lisa. Bring other friends, bring anyone but me. They are not as stubborn as I am." You took a deep breath, regretting it a few seconds since you literally just inhaled the smoke. You softly tapped her shoulders. "You won't want to risk your life here."

"Y/N!" You dashed away before Lisa could grab your arm once again.

Some students are busy looking at you since you're totally walking the opposite way and you're not even wearing a uniform but some are too busy saving theirselves and their things.

You suddenly hoped Taeyong was around, so he can help the burning place.

You anxiously bit your bottom lip when you saw Jaemin running in your direction. You quickly looked around to found for an alley to hide since he will for sure not gonna agree if you don't come with him.

Your wobbling foot brought you to some turns so you could safely come inside while getting away from Jaemin and finding the book as well.

After doing a few turns, you felt your lungs tightening. The smoke was getting a lot thicker on the part you were standing but you have to find where the book is. You could feel your legs turning weak but you refused to give up.

A tight grip suddenly wrapped on your waist and mouth, making you release the loudest muffled scream you could ever do. No matter how much you try to kick the person or push his arms away, he wouldn't budge. It almost felt like a metal clinging into you.

"Calm down! It's just me!"

You tensed throat from screaming calmed down when you realized who he was. The person who grabbed you slowly let go of your waist before grabbing on your shoulder softly.

"Johnny?!" And that is why the grip was impossible to fight.

"You stay here. I have to beat up some jerks." He mumbled. You coughed continuously while looking up at him. "What?"

Suddenly, someone appeared infront of you making you scream at the top of your lungs once again.

The new guy who literally popped out infront of you covered your mouth and looked at you with a scowl. "Let Johnny do his job."

You soon realized who he was, and it was no other than Taeil.

In a blink, the thick smokes disappeared and the heat wrapping around you turned cold. A calming rustle of leaves surround you.

It didn't take you long to realize that you're now in a different place but seeing behind Taeil's back, you can still see the view of the big fire and you know to well it's your school.

You've been just there a second ago. Literally.

You turned to your side and almost yell once again to see the other eight guys standing there but luckily, Taeil still has his hand on your mouth.

Taeil slowly let go before holding both of your arms. "Can you stand properly?" He asked, knowing that you commonly lose your balance everytime he teleports with you.

"I-I g-guess I can." You managed to say in a weak voice, slightly stumbling to the new ground you're currently standing.

There was a minute of silence until Taeil broke it. "I'll go get Johnny." He stated before dissipating.

Now that you're in a different surroundings, you could easily feel your breath hitching. A pang of headache run through your head making you growl, grabbing in your messy hair.

Jaehyun cleared his throat, slowly approaching you. "Do you need some hel-"

"She's gonna pass out!" Jungwoo immediately said after knowing how much headache you felt.

Fortunately, Jaehyun managed to catch you in his arms. He grumbled while adjusting your weight on him before looking at his other members who were looking at him intently.

He made a face before shrugging, "Is there a problem?"

"This scene looks familiar." Donghyuck whispered.

"The only difference is that Jaehyun didn't injected her to make her sleep." Yuta whispered back in reply.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes, "Is this the right time to crack a joke?"

"It's true though." Sicheng mumbled.

~~~

You woke up when a soft cloth was being pressed on your face. You slowly fluttered your eyes open and the first person you saw is..

"Taeyong?" Your voice was horrible. It was raspy and it made you flinch on how much it hurts to swallow a saliva.

"Stay still. I'm cleaning the black smokes off your face." He muttered while dipping the towel in the warm water once again.

After hearing him say that, you suddenly felt more weak. "Do I have any bruises?"

"No. But your throat probably has the problem." Taeyong looked checked on your arms to make sure. "Drink a lot of warm water."

"Oka-"

"Don't talk. Aside from it sounded like a scary oldie's voice, it will hurt more if you keep on talking." Taeyong mumbled, letting the towel slid on your cheeks.

You grinned. "You really have to insult me first before you care."

He glared. "I told you not to speak."

You just playfully hummed in respond while pressing your lips into a thin line.

Taeyong sighed in relief to make you quiet. While he was busy wiping off the dust in your face, you can't help but to stare at him. He looked.. perfect.

Even from seeing the view from below, he looks perfect.

You snapped back in reality when you realize you're literally staring at his soul. You flinched at yourself, trying to get rid of what you just depicted him.

Taeyong's brows raised when he noticed you flinching. "Is somewhere hurting?"

"N-No, I'm fine." You softly tap on your cheeks. "Is it done?"

Taeyong simply nodded and you immediately sat upright, slightly growling at the headache. You looked around and found out you're inside a huge room. The fluffy blankets were wrapped on your legs.

"You're in my room." He informed before you could even ask. "I know you're feeling weak. They cooked some meal because Sicheng won't be able to heal non-physical problems, like fever and headaches. Anyway, tell me if you can stand on your own."

"I'll try." Your raspy voice mumbled, removing the blankets off you.

Before your feet could touch the cold floor, Taeyong kicked the soft flipflops on his bed towards your direction. You weakly inserted your feet on it before standing. Your legs was still wobbling and thankfully, Taeyong didn't left and guided you, letting you hold his arms for support.

The lights outside his room's hallway made you wince. The sound of utensils clanking at each other echoed together with the smell of the meal they were cooking.

"Y/N's finally awake." Donghyuck informed no one in particular after seeing you slowly making your way downstairs with the help of Taeyong.

"What happened? To the school?" You mumbled to the guy next to you who's getting a little impatient on how much you took time taking every step.

"We'll talk about it later." He replied after you both finally reached the end of stairs.

"How are you feeling?" Mark asked cheerfully.

"Fine-"

"Oh, I see. Terrible." He gritted his teeth after hearing your voice. You only rolled your eyes in response.

"Here, have some." Doyoung passed you a bowl of soup and put a warm glass of water at the table. You smiled to thank him but he's not even looking at you.

Okay. They are rude and kind at the same time.

"What actually happened?" You asked as soon as you gulped some water. It felt better to speak and sounded less horrible.

"We're here to discuss about it." Taeil pointed at his other brothers who are still busy at getting their own servings.

After waiting, Yuta was the last one to seat, completing everyone in the living room. You could tell how everyone turned serious.

"We don't know ourselves either." Doyoung pulled something from behind his back. "But this thing may know about it."

"Wait! T-T-T-That!" You nervously gulped, pointing at the book Doyoung was holding. "That's the Ghost Book!"

"Ghost? Uhm, did you just disrespect that?" Donghyuck sassily said.

"That was the book I was telling everyone when I said there's a ghost in this house!" You continued to prove.

"That means, you already found this one before you could even leave?" Yuta raised his brow while you nod eagerly in response.

"This is not a Ghost Book, Y/N. You missed the first word." Confusion wrote all over your face after hearing Sicheng. "We call this the Guide Book."

"It was meant to show you something before you leave the house but you unfortunately 'got scared' so, you see." Doyoung bitterly said.

"I mean," You took a deep breath. "How am I supposed to be chill when I see a book flying and turning pages by itself and now it even followed me to school and-"

"It followed you to your school?" Jaehyun cut you off. "How did it happen?"

"It wrote a few words." You recalled the scene and immediately shivered. "It even wrote there 'Don't runaway'."

"What did you do?" Taeil eagerly asked.

"I did the opposite.." You trailed off, trying to find an excuse since you already know what's the answer should be.

"Ugh! You were supposed to follow what the Guide Book says!" Donghyuck suddenly yelled.

"Calm down, everyone." Jungwoo snapped his fingers, slightly glaring. "She doesn't know about the book. Let me remind you but she's still a human."

"But something weird happen before I met the book." You muttered, attracting everyone's attention once again. "I saw glows, behind everyone's back."

"Glow?" Johnny raised his brow.

"Yes. A lot of them are white and only a few of them are black." You noticed how their expressions changed. "I was terrified so I want to tell you about it.. then things happen."

"That's it! That's why the book showed! That's why the building burned!" Mark pointed at you, hoping you'll get his point. "Do you get it now?!"

"Uhm.. No?"

"It means that the Guide Book gave you the brief ability to see who has the abilities in that place." Taeyong calmly explained.

Your eyes widened when you processed what he said. "That means there are people who has the abilities in our school?!"

"They are everywhere." Doyoung corrected.

"W-Why would the Guide Book want me to see those who posses some abilities though?" You stuttered, astonished after realizing you just had some sort of ability earlier.

"That remains a mystery to us, but it only ends in one conclusion," Jaehyun raised his brow to see your expression where confusion was written all over. "Others are hunting you."

"Hunting me?" You froze on your spot.

"It could be something, Y/N." Sicheng sighed, seeing you shiver. "The thing that the Guide Book showed itself to you, there must be something you can do."

"There's nothing special I can do, Sicheng." You brushed your hair up. "All I do is oversleep, stress over essays, eat a lot then complain why I gain weight, just like a normal human does!"

"We don't know it for now, but those people with abilities are roaming around into some places, and they are hunting you." Taeyong sternly said.

"How do you know it was me?" You spat, a little more stern than his voice.

"Because you've crossed our path. From a random stranger giving you the card, from being aware of our strengths, it even reached to the point where we were supposed to make our own way and mind our own business but look," Taeyong leaned his back in the couch. "We still meet."

"I don't--"

"If you deny once again, you'll really have to find it out yourself." Taeil scowled. You quickly pressed your lips into a thin line. Of course you wouldn't dare to find it alone. "Either way, I think we know the reason why you're here, with us now."

Your forehead wrinkled, eager to know their answer.

Yuta took a big breath like it was the hardest thing to say, "It's because we need to protect you."

"What?!" You coughed after realizing your throat still hurts.

"None of it likes it this way, Y/N," Mark tiredly said. "But we have to do it. We follow rules and responsibilities."

"And now, you're the next mission for us." Johnny massaged his temple, stressed as well.

You stayed silent, trying to process what the was that supposed to mean.

You mentally facepalm. I'm really going to stay here, am I?

~~~

Yuta escorted you back at the room where you used to sleep.

"Uhm, Yuta," You mumbled between the silence. "Why don't you just leave me alone if you hate me that much?"

"We can't do that. We might be abusive and jerks to our powers but we don't want to disobey the realm. The Guide Book is like a messenger because we won't be able to communicate to the leaders of realm." Yuta suddenly leaned closer to you which made you scoot back. His eyes playfully looked in your orbs with a smirk. "Besides, you're a good catch."

You quickly pushed his chest away and fanned your heating cheeks. "S-Stop flirting!"

"I am not flirting, that's how I communicate." Yuta smirked, catching up on your increased speed.

Once you arrived at the room, he helped you pushed the couch down and make it wider. You pulled out a neatly folded blankets and spread it.

"What else do you need?" Yuta asked.

You sat upright and pointed at the bookshelves. "Can you get me a book? I read myself to sleep."

"What a bookworm. That's just a display for us." He chuckled loudly, his attractive voice echoing. Yuta obeyed though, he picked one with the most interesting book cover and gave it to you. "You really love reading books, that's why it led you here."

"Tsh, if only I knew I'll end up here, I shouldn't have started reading that one first." You playfully grinned.

Yuta walked towards the switch and closed the light. You then reached out for the lamp beside and started flipping the pages.

He watched you for some minutes before knocking on the wood to get your attention. "I'll leave now, is there anything else?"

You shook your head. Yuta was just about to leave when you stopped him by clearing your throat. "Wait! There's something else!"

He whirled around with a cheeky smile. "I'm not supposed to follow your orders but okay."

"Can you.." You trailed off, anxiously flipping the pages. "Can you stay here? Until I fall asleep?"

You won't deny. After being aware of being other's prey, you suddenly don't want to be alone. And you hate that feeling so much. You've been independent for so long and you can't be scared now, but it's what's happening.

Yuta's brow raised, his smile getting wider.

You quickly snapped at yourself and shook your head. "Nothing. Don't mind about what I just said."

"Okay." Yuta suddenly entered the place once again and closed the door. He stood beside the bed and pointed on the spot beside you. "You demanded me to stay so I should be able to sit comfortably here."

"O-Of course." You moved, giving Yuta a bigger space.

He plopped himself beside and wrapped the blankets on him. "Don't mind me, just read. I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

You took a deep breath and suddenly wondered, was it a good choice to make him stay here?

|     |     |     |     |

a/n:

the half part got deleted :')) so idk if this is still doing good.

hope you are okay. please let's support those who are in need!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 22.7K 51
"You'll be our Secretary from this day." ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ When a girl was doing a good job in work until the 10 CEOs of the company noticed all the ...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
155K 8.5K 41
[the enemy of my enemy is my friend] a game of cards, a game of two organisations. in which there is more than meets the eye. ...