Daycares & Stun Grenades

By __ashketchum

When Katsuki Bakugou is sent on a mission to retrieve the kids of his idiot friend at their daycare, he doesn... More

oc's and disclaimers! (please read this is important)
1 | kyauta & akemi
2 | supermarkets & kendo
3 | apartments & bandages
4 | kids & ice cream
5 | number 7 hero & injuries
6 | parent's day & talent shows
7 | train rides & agency visits
9 | hospitals & midnight visits
10 | scars & exes
11 | argo & dynamight
12 | sunsets & street fights
13 | lunch breaks & someones
14 | broken streets & dreaming
15 | sleepless nights & icu rooms
16 | waking up & quiet nights
17 | recovery & coffee
18 | learning & loving
epilogue | paint & progress
bonus chapter | hangovers & birthdays
bonus chapter | panic and proposals

8 | families & false news articles

10.9K 427 328
By __ashketchum

edited 5/10/2022

You head was spinning.

And not in the nauseous, you're going to puke kind of way(well, maybe a little).

You are shitting me right now.

"Kats-"

"Dynamight, sir, there's something you need to see." An intern rushed in, goggles hanging from her neck, hair down to her knees.

"Dammit." Katsuki said, pushing himself up from the couch, scowl on his face, the moment ruined.

You stayed rooted to your spot on the seat underneath you, your mind still swirling with what Katsuki had said to you only thirty seconds before. You were barely processing what was going on around you, error 404 subjecting your mind to replaying his words in your mind.

'I didn't until I met you.'

A growl emitted from Katsuki, pulling you from the thoughts that were burying you. You pulled yourself from the couch and tried to look at the tablet Katsuki was engrossed in. He was scrolling through the page, but the title still at the top of the screen caught your attention.

In glaring bold letters was the evidence that you two had crossed paths on your way to work. 

'Dynamight and His Latest Rendezvous! Is This Why He Hasn't Been Working?'

Katsuki had stopped the intern, iPad in his hands. On the screen sat a picture of you two from that morning on the train, your head resting against his shoulder as you'd been snuggled into him, playing your game while he stared at the screen. His cheek pressed up against your forehead as his hand stayed around your clothed waist.

Well this was incriminating.

A small smile played on Katsuki's lips as you intently focused on your game, an intense look in your eyes as the moves made on your screen were completely irrelevant to what was going on now, even though five hours ago it seemed like the most important thing on this planet. 

This picture made it look like you were a normal couple on your way to work that morning, and that this was nothing out of the ordinary. Like this was an everyday occurrence, and his significant other had no trouble dealing with his status as the seventh hero.

His eyes flitted over to your frame, where your arms had folded over your chest, a subconscious countermeasure to try and protect yourself from incoming danger. He was concerned, and worried that you might not be okay with the sudden attention might be on your when you left his agency.

At that moment, the most important thing on this planet was what the fuck you were going to do when you left the agency, and as you prayed to every single possible god on heaven and earth, Katsuki brought you back to it.

Your breathing bottomed out from beneath your feet, and you were suddenly out of air.

"Y/N!" He said, shaking your shoulder as he snapped you back to reality.

You weren't able to speak, your eyes rising to meet his, your breathing, you realized had become quick, ragged and fast paced. The words were stuck in your throat and you couldn't think of the right ones to use.

You'd almost had a panic attack in front of Katsuki.

"Five things you can see." He said, holding your face gently in his hands as he tried to get you to calm down looking into your frantic eyes.

"Y-You, t-the couch, a tree.. y-your desk, a-and t-the door." You said, your breath hitching on almost every word as you tried to gather yourself.

It was kind of working. 

"Okay. Four things you can touch." He said, his grip on your face still loose, your eyes locking with his again.

"Your hands, the floor, my jacket, the door h-handle." You told him, feeling yourself starting to calm down more.

"Three things you can hear."

"Your voice, the cars outside, my voice."

"Two things you can smell."

You breathed in, it hitching once as you sniffled, trying to smell whatever was in the room. 

Katsuki was what you smelled first. 

"Burnt sugar and sandalwood." You said, mumbling slightly and staring at Katsuki's lips for a fraction of a second.

"One thing you can taste."

That's when your confidence you didn't think you had, especially right after a near panic attack, peaked.

And, oh, it peaked. 

"You." You said, and closed the distance between you and Katsuki for the second time in your lives, wrapping your hands around his neck and pulling him in close.

His lips felt like home.

***

The kids bombarded you with stories of what Katsuki's sidekicks had told them, most of them trying to talk over each other with explosion and whooshing sounds. It almost overstimulated you after Katsuki had pulled you from your panicked state just thirty minutes earlier.

Not to mention his hands being almost all over you not even five minutes ago, his lips on your neck sweeter than sugar. You'd had to make him slow down, not wanting things to go too fast, considering the relationship you'd finally gotten yourself out of just recently.

"Alright guys, you can tell me all about it after we get back, okay?" You said, giggling as a few calmed down, a few still talking.

You shot Katsuki a last look as you herded the kids out of the agency, sending him a glare as his eyes went from your eyes, to your ass and back up, a smirk very noticeable on his lips. His arms being crossed meant his walls were back up to everyone else, but you noticed the sparkle in his eyes that meant you were allowed past the gates.

You giggled, and walked the last of the kids out of the door, but halfway through your two blocks back to the daycare, you were confronted by a gaggle of reporters and countless flashes in your face, blinding you even though it was sunny out.

It only took you seconds to register and process what was going on, but the screams of terror from the children around you and the feeling of small hands clinging to your pants told your fight or flight to choose in that instant. 

"Kids, get behind me!" You said, all of them turning towards you, save for the one in your arm. 

You handed Sorako to Yuri, and pulled all of the kids behind you quickly as you created a shield with your quirk, a thin sheet of water surrounding your beloved children.

With how little you used your quirk, 

Your lungs were burning, arms shaking, but you kept it up. You knew that the kids couldn't afford to be on any media outlets. If a villain or group found out who their parents were, they'd be in a lot more danger than just a few reporters trying to find out who you were.

"What is your name?"

"How do you know Dynamight?"

"Are you Dynamight's girlfriend?!"

"Do you know why Dynamight hasn't been fighting recently?"

"Who are you?! Why were you on the train with Dynamight?!" A reporter yelled, grabbing the most of your attention and pulling you out of your daze of concentration, a feeling of burning coursing throughout your body again, swallowing a scream so not to worry anyone.

Before thirty seconds had passed, the reporters' voices started to fade in and out, your muscles to shaking violently, your body starting to give into fatigue. The only voices you focused on after those moments being the kids around you. You didn't want to worry them. They looked up to you.

Your whole body hurt, God, your entire body hurt. 

Thank the gods above that you heard a few loud booms and a 'MOVE!' before you passed out.

***

Did I forget to tell you? Sorry, you absolutely hate hospitals. Want to cook them alive in a pot of boiling oil kind of hate.

So when white walls of a dark room and the sound of rhythmic beeping was what greeted you when you woke up from a deep state of unconsciousness, the beeping was no longer a constant rhythm. 

As soon as you'd registered where you were, you were scrambling, wires hanging from both of your arms and your head. The ones from your head you ripped off immediately, a code blue being signaled to your room. You were still trying to get the wires out of your body.

This alerted the nurses and doctor on call in the ICU that you, after three long weeks, were awake. And at two thirty-eight in the morning. On a Tuesday.

Your muscles ached as you moved from your position on the bed to a sitting one, realizing the slight pinching in your arm was from an IV attached to the inside of your elbow. You wanted to rip it out, but decided against it even though you shiver ran down your spine from the thought of it. 

Nurses and doctors rushed into the room, and reality hit you like a bullet. How long had you been asleep?

You pushed the doctors away as they tried to poke and prod at you, but only one thing was on your mind, the noise around you muffled as you looked at the door. You still weren't fully awake but one person was on your mind. He saw it all.

Katsuki.

A puff of familiar blonde hair in the chair sat outside of your room, barely able to make his figure out in your bleary state. His head was down, you saw more of his neck that you did his hair. His shoulders were hunched. 

Please let me see him.

"Miss L/N, you need to calm down." One of the nurses said calmly as you tried to push her away, your eyes still trained on the unmoving spikes of blonde a few feet and a wall away.

The nurses were seconds away from pinning you to the bed and putting restraints on you. It was when the words you spoke aloud for the first time, albeit incredibly hoarsely, made them pause.

"Can you please let me see him?" You asked, trying to escape her hold, your eyes darting from face to face.

The doctors all looked at each other in slight confusion before it clicked. The man who had slept outside of the ICU room you had been staying in for the last three weeks was who you were talking about. It couldn't have been anyone else, and he'd asked how she was doing every six hours. He knew every time they wouldn't be able to tell him anything, and yet he stayed.

He only went home once a day, and at that time he ate, made two servings of a meal, packed it into a lunchbox and showered. The blonde looked like hell and felt like he'd been, but he couldn't leave you. 

Katsuki Bakugou, the explosive number seven hero, had sat outside of a young woman's hospital room for the last nineteen days. 

The doctor, a man who peppered black and grey hair, stopped the nurses and gave you a look before he exited the room, he door clicking behind him. You sat back, legs dangling off the edge of the bed while you watched Bakugou lift his head from his chin.

His shoulders looked like they'd been shaking.

You watched silently, eyes staying put on the doctor as he sat next to Katsuki. Their eyes met and Katsuki met the doctor where he was. He sat up, his head still turned away from you as you watched him nod and shake his head as he answered a few questions.

When the blonde you had grown to like so much froze in place, you became worried. In all the time you had spent with him, tense wasn't a word you would use to describe him. He was confident in himself in a way you'd never known, and you glanced over to the doctor, who had a small smile lining his lips. 

You watched as Katuski asked a question, and watched as his shoulders pulled themselves back in relief. His head leaned back, staring at the tiled ceiling.

He rocketed from his seat milliseconds after the doctor stood up straight, the nurses on the other side of the room by now, vitals checked as the ash blonde almost crushed the door on his way in.

His eyes met yours and he paused for a few seconds. His eyes were glassy.

You stayed silent as he wrapped his arms around you. You buried your face in the crook between his shoulder and neck and inhaled. 

Sandalwood and burnt sugar.

God, he always smelled so good.

"How long was I out?" You mumbled into his neck, feeling your left shoulder sleeve become damp.

"About three weeks." One of the nurses said when Katsuki started to shake in your hold, his arms slinking around your waist tighter.

"What happened? Was it a villain? You asked as Katsuki pulled away slightly, an arm still around your waist as he rubbed his eyes clear of the tears that had fallen onto your hospital gown.

"Damn reporters jumped you. You tried to protect the kids with your quirk and-"

"I passed out. Shit." You said, hanging your head and wringing your fingers together.

Katsuki grabbed your face in his hands, bring your eyes up to meet his fiery red ones, still gleaming in the moonlight that streamed through the shades of the windows.

"You did what you could. None of them were affected, they're just worried." Katsuki told you, the tears that had started to well in your eyes springing free and running down your face.

He pressed your forehead to his lips and let them linger there. When he pulled away you buried your face into his chest, sobs racking your body as you cried into Katsuki's chest for the first time.

You fell asleep next to Katsuki, and you hadn't ever had a better night's rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 16.6K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
273K 11.3K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
835K 38.8K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc