Copy Cat: Illumi x Reader

By enchantedlioness

"You'll never be good enough," is what (y/n)'s been told her whole life. This year, she was going to change t... More

Ch 2: Family Dinner and Masters
Ch 3: Nen and Growing
Ch 4: Friends and First Phase
Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut
Ch 6: A Cooking Disaster
Ch 7: Third Phase Jingles
Ch 8: A Little Exploring
Ch 9: Friends???
Ch 10: Killua!
Ch 11: The Testing Gate
Ch 12: Butlers and Shenanigans!
Ch 13: Teleportation
Ch 14: Keeping up with the Zoldyck's
Ch 15: Piece of Cake
Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them
Ch 17: Avira Means Spirit
Ch 18: Time Flies
Ch 19: When You Leave
Ch 20: Your Diamond
Ch 21: Hisoka?!
Ch 22: More Allies
Ch 23: My New Family
Ch 24: The Fairy Garden
Ch 25: Dress
Ch 26: List
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 1
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2
Ch 28: Warmth
Ch 29: Illumi's Training
Ch 30: Dinner with the Zoldyck's
Ch 31: The Phantom Troupe
Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings
Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)
Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!
Ch 35: A Way Around
Ch 36: Partly
Ch 37: Engagement!
Ch 38: Lemon hehe (I'm back)
Chapter 39: Wake up! (Lemon)

Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters

20.9K 454 533
By enchantedlioness

        "One day sweethearts, you will have to find a way to keep the legacy for the family." My father said to My older sister and I.

        "How would we do that, daddy?" My older sister asked, who was five years old at the time.

        "You find a way," My father answered her.

        Since, I was only three years old, I didn't fully comprehend what my father was saying to us, unlike my sister, who is an academic prodigy. My father tried to find things that I could be good at that might help the family, but after a few years he gave up on trying. My mother on the other hand didn't give up on me, she bought me a computer for my seventh birthday and told me to find something that I would enjoy.

        My father had completely given up on me and my mother was starting to as well. As time went on, I started to lose hope in myself, I couldn't even find something that I liked. But, I wanted to make my family happy, and so, by my 8th birthday, I decided to make a change.

        I went on my computer and searched up jobs that made a lot of money. Even if I wasn't a prodigy, if I made enough money, my father would be at least a little proud of me. After a while I found out that the people who made some of the most money were people called hunters. Therefore, my conclusion is this, train to become one the the best Hunters in the world. Though, if I want to do that, I have to enter the exam with a bang. In order for that to happen, I have to pass the first Hunters exam I ever take, as a rookie.

        "Hey there sis," I heard my sister open my door to my room wider and walk in. She leaned on my desk, her hair brushing against the surface of the table, and her clothes shimmering in the light of my lonely lamp.

        "Hey..." I mumbled, I couldn't say how she felt about me, she was always away, going with father on business trips and being trained to be the next leader of the Akiyama family.

        My sister runs over and gives me a big hug.

        "I haven't seen you in so long!" She says squeezing me to death.

        "Mrs. Akiyama," I hear the maid say," Your father wants to have a meeting with you about your next business trip with him."

        My sister sighs, she hasn't seen me in what seems like an entire year.

        "Tell her I'll be there in a few minutes," My sister sighs again.

        "Of course, Mrs. Nellie," The maid bows and leaves to give the message to our father.

        "Just a few minutes at home and I have to plan for another trip. All of this traveling really hurts my head," She mumbles to herself. She looks back up at me.

        "So... have you decided on what you want your career to be?" My sister asks me, while twirling her hair.

        "Yeah, I have," I answer, trying to see if she was up to anything, especially with me being the 'runt' of the family.

        "Well, tell me what is it?" She asks excitedly while grabbing my shoulders and shaking the life out of me," Hmmm, maybe if the job you choose makes more money than me, I might become the runt of the family." She laughs. I smile, it seems my sister is the only one who even slightly believes in me. My father had once told me that, every generation the runt of the family is given the job of marrying someone who will have a stronger impact on how people think of my family. He told me that marrying someone with money was the only thing that I could ever do.

        "I-I want to be a hunter, and, o-one of the best hunters in the world!" I shouted. My sister gave me a blank stare, one without any emotions. She was thinking about how to react. All of that training and she doesn't even know anything about her own emotions.

        "That's great!" She says excitedly," But, the only way you can gain fathers acceptance is if you pass the exam on the first try," She finishes.

        "I know, but I'll work hard and, when I think I'm ready, I'll take the exam and do the best I can!"

        "Well, anyways, I have to go to my meeting with father before he loses his patience and lectures me about how I'm supposed to support the family." She giggles. She walks out the doors and closes it softly, leaving me assured that I can reach my goal.

        "Well, first things first!" I say to myself.

        "Hunters are supposed to be really strong physically and mentally, right now, I just have to focus on the physical part, getting stronger faster, and working up more endurance.

        "So, what should I do first," I say. I go to my computer and make a list on the notes system on my computer of my schedule for the week.

Day 1: Arms

Day 2: Legs

Day 3: Back

Day 4: Abs

Day 5: Speed

Day 6: Endurance

Day 7: Meditation/break

        Since my parents have basically given up on me, I can do whatever I want until I'm old enough to find a suitor. I should be able to do most of the things in my room. Tomorrow is the day that I start, I have to train hard.

Day 1: Arms

        When I woke up this morning I felt more energized than I usually do. The maid made me some breakfast full of protein and veggies, which was unusual. Apparently, while I was sleeping, she was told to neaten up my room, and she found the list on my computer when she accidentally bumped into it and woke the computer up.

        The first exercise that I'll be doing is with some weights, simple weight lifting that you think of when someone says weight lifting.

        "(Y/n), ma'am, would you like anything else," The maid walks so silently that I didn't see her coming into my room. I jumped up a little and turned my head so fast in her direction that my neck gave out a surprising crack.

        "Ouch," I mumbled, grabbing my neck, trying to sooth it.

        "My apologies if I surprised you ma'am," She bowed.

        "It's okay, I'll be fine," I started," I don't think I need anything right now." I answered her previous question.

        She gently closed the door and I proceeded to do my daily exercises and activities of the day. By the end of the day, My arms felt like they were going to break off. I couldn't slack off one bit or else I wouldn't get stronger, it'll be a hard process, but I'll get there soon enough.

Day 3: Back

        For my back, I'll be doing some push-ups. My arms aren't as sore as they were yesterday, and my legs have eased up a little. After my push-ups, I'll be walking around our family garden for a while. Since I'm at home all of the time, I'm a little overweight from all of the eating and snacking I've been doing for the past year.

        "Hey (y/n)!" I hear my sister call out from the gazebo near our pond.

        "I thought you were on a business trip with our father."

        "Actually, it got cancelled, so I'll be staying here for the next month before the next time I have to travel."

        "Oh," I murmur.

        I was glad that I would have a little more support from my sister before she left again, I would need some encouragement, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to complete all of the challenges that I gave myself, and I would slack off instead.

        "So, sis, how've you been training," She asks, fixing the collar to her shirt.

        "I've just been eating a little better, and exercising." I reply. Nellie gets up and starts walking ahead of me.

        "Tell me all about it while we have a little walk." She commands me. Even though she's two years older, she's always acted like a mom to me, I've noticed that since she's been home.

        "Well, I have an entire schedule planned out for all of the weeks to come," I tell Nellie.

        "Hmmm, what have you done so far," Nellie asks me.

        "I've been working on different muscle groups in my body, so arms, legs, and today I'm working on my back."

        "Ohh, interesting." She replies," Well, anyways, I have some stuff that I need to do now," She says looking at her highest tech, and newest watch out there. Her birthday was yesterday, and since our father knows so many people, he was able to get a watch for her that hasn't even been released, and won't be released for the next month.

        "Father's always getting you expensive and hard to get items, huh," I say looking at the ground.

        She looks back at me from the garden path leading to the home.

        "Don't worry! Once you become a world class hunter, then you'll be able to get yourself whatever you want!" She tries to comfort me.

        "Yeah, I guess," I sigh," Well, anyways I have to do something soon, see you at the family dinner tonight."

        "See you later sis," She waves and turns the other way, walking into the house. I continued on my long walk until the sun had started to fall.

        "The view is beautiful," I whisper to myself. Being eight years old it was hard to see the sunset from even the middle of the garden, being that it's surrounded by tall fence, trees, and bushes. One day, I hope to be able to climb the highest tree, most people that can do that are trained hunters.

        Wait, trained hunters. Most hunters have been trained! All I have to do is find someone who can train me and help me to become a hunter! Although, that'll probably be difficult since I want to keep this a secret from father for now. Telling him at dinner might ruin it instead, it's been a long time since we've had dinner with all of the family.

(Nellie's POV)

        "Hey dad," I walked into my father's office, who looked like he was waiting for me. His office is dark, the wood looks like it's going to collapse in on itself at any moment. This has been the leader of the house's office for generations. My father insists that he shouldn't change a thing about the office so that the legacy of the class can be kept. Once I become the leader of the family, I'll have to do some renovations. 

        "So Nellie what did you want to talk to me about (y/n)."

(A/N) Don't forget to vote on the chapter and follow if you like this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244 1 15
A bubbled pink girl comes to the hunter exam just to not expect her brother HISOKA and some friends she'll make names killua and gon with kurpika and...
3.6K 107 31
Ashely is half a demon half a kurta, she decides to join the hunter exam, what will happen? who would she meet? will something happens that will chan...
3.9K 94 33
(y/n) used to live on the streets of Meteor City as a kid until their " brother " Chrollo found them and when (y/n) eyes flashed yellow, he somehow k...
7.9K 133 9
You traveled a lot when you were younger and have got a power to see into the future. You got this from being tortured by your family. Your family we...