𝐝𝐒𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 {𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐨�...

Autorstwa bbeautifulchaos

i was different. and no, i don't mean the stereotypical "i'm not like every one else" different, (well that... WiΔ™cej

Author's Notes
Prologue
The Woods
It's You
Those Eyes
We Meet Again
New Friends?
Friday Night & Bright Lights
Author's Note - IMPORTANT
Dancing, Deals, and Damon
Author's Note
I'm Going Crazy
Bippity, Boppity, Boop
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Surprise, Surprise
Scary Day...
...Even Scarier People
Not So Happy Birthday
Some Things Are Simply BS
Goodbyes and Goodnight Thoughts
Another "Normal" Day in Mystic Falls
A Roadtrip to Remember
Suspicions and Internalized Misogyny
Just a Little Message
Dancing with the Devil
hello kitty and the scooby doo gang
𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐬
2023 update

Just Friends

1.9K 61 16
Autorstwa bbeautifulchaos

I was sitting on a tree stump, which was surprisingly comfortable. I looked up as the leaves that were once on the ground rose up. They drifted around me in a funnel--colors of orange, yellow, and brown flashing around me.

I heard something that sounded like someone stepping on a tree branch. I dropped my hand down. Once the leaves fell to the ground, I looked around to see if someone else were there.

"You're getting better," someone said. I whipped my head into the direction of the speaker and found Bonnie leaning against the tree behind me.

I stood and laughed, "Jeez. Bonnie, you really know how to scare a girl."

"Sorry. My Grams figured you might be here and thought I'd come and see how you're doing," she said as she walked over to me.

Bonnie stands beside me, "Don't worry, by the way, your secret is safe with me." When she saw the confused look on my face, she continues, "My Grams told me about you--since we're friends and so I could keep an eye on you." I nodded my head when I remember her Grams saying that Bonnie and I were alike.

"I guess I have my own fairy godmother, but in witch form," I say making us both laugh. "Have you told anybody about it?" I asked as I grabbed one of the fallen leaves from a tree.

"I told Elena about it," once she saw the surprised look on my face she explained, "I mean, she's my best friend and I can trust her with just about anything."

I nodded my head, "I get what you mean, but it's not like I can go up to Jeremy and say 'Guess what? I'm a witch and I have powers!'"

She laughed at what I said, "I think if you wanted to, you could, but then again everyone reacts differently."

"Here, let me show you something. My Grams showed me how to do it recently, it's pretty cool," she said as she walked over to a pile of leaves and gathered some up in a circle. She closed her eyes and muttered a single word. Once she did, the circle of leaves caught on fire.

The flames danced around before dying down. I looked over to her, "Yeah, that was cool. You'll have to show me how to do that one day."

She nods, "Yeah, I've actually tried it out a couple of times," she says with her smile turning into a small smirk.

"Wait a minute, that was you?" I ask, thinking about what happened at the annual car wash the other day.

When she turns to me, she just shrugs her shoulders with the hint of a smile creeping up. A small gasp leaves my mouth as I turn to her shocked--realization hitting me, "It was you. I should've known."

I sit back down on the tree stump and think about what Bonnie did and everything else that happened that day. Pretty hectic if you ask me.

----Flashback----
Mystic Falls
Sexy Suds Car Wash

I woke up to the sound of the incessant beeping of my alarm clock. Groggily, I sat up and rubbed my eyes before swinging my arm out from underneath the blanket and reaching for the alarm clock. I turned it off and leaned back on the headboard, looking around my room.

I sat there for 5 or so minutes before deciding that I should probably get up and get ready. I swung my feet off to the side of the bed and yawned as I stretched a little. I slipped my feet into my house shoes so I wouldn't have to feel the cold floor.

Once I stretched, I padded my way out into the hallway, rubbing my eyes slightly as I walked into the bathroom. I went over to the cabinet and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I started brushing my teeth over the sink, only running the water when I needed it.

I used the bathroom and washed my hands before grabbing a washcloth and wiping the sleep off my face. I  went back into my room and went over to my dresser. Today was the annual car wash at school and I promised Bonnie, Elena, and Caroline that I'd help much to my demise.

I changed into shorts--no, they're not booty shorts--and a plain t-shirt. I sat down on my bed to slip my converse on. I grabbed my messenger bag from my table and put in a towel, my camera, and an extra pair of shoes. Caroline was adamant about me helping in some way, so I was supposed to be taking pictures since I'm pretty handy with my camera.

I gathered my things and grabbed the house keys from off my dresser before leaving the house. I hopped onto my bike and made my way to the school. It felt good today; the sun was out warming my body and there was a slight cooling breeze. The sky was a nice shade of blue with very little clouds out.

When I made it to the school, I saw signs that read 'Sexy Suds Car Wash' with bubbles and buckets filled with soapy water on them. After pulling my bike into the bike rack, I walked over to where people were entering and adjusted my bag on my shoulder.  I saw Elena sitting at the table where people paid to get their cars washed. I walked up to her and she seemed happy to see me.

"Hey, Y/N," she said as she looked over to me, "Reporting to duty, I see."

I nodded my head and laughed, "Yep, do you know where Caroline is? I gotta ask her something."

Just as she was about to respond, Caroline came up to us, bikini on and clipboard in hand and started listing things off to Elena, "No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay ya laters. We are not running a charity here. No, we are not."

"No, we are not," Elena says repeating what Caroline told her.

Stefan comes up to Elena and says 'hi' to her. He turns to me and sends a warm smile and a wave--which seems to be our trademark when seeing each other. I sent him a small wave, still a little wary of him.

She looked to Elena then to Stefan and lastly to me. She sighed and shook her head, "This event is called sexy suds, you know." I looked down at clothes, then to Elena's and Stefan's.

Stefan looked to me and Elena, "Did we just get scolded?"

Elena replies, "And judged, yeah."

"Oh, and Y/N." I turn my attention to Caroline, "C'mon, we have to get you into a bikini."

The look on my face sent Elena and Stefan laughing, "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked, not wanting to be exposed like that.

Caroline tilted her head and pursed her lips together, "That doesn't really scream sexy, now does it?"

She turns on her heels and starts to walk off and I say bye to Elena and Stefan before walking after her. She gives orders to some people before walking me into the school. She goes into her bag and fished around in it until pulling out something.

She hands me a piece of fabric and when I lift it up I see it's a bikini. And boy, was it revealing.

"Umm Caroline," she makes a humming sound, looking down at her phone, "You want me to wear this?"

Caroline turns around and nods her head, "Yep, now go get dressed and come back out when you're done." I gape at her. "Goooo."

I turn around and head to the bathrooms. Once I make it inside, I go into an empty stall and trade the clothes I have on for the bikini she handed me. I was happy to see that it was a one-piece, but with cuts of shapes on the sides and the stomach area.

I slipped on the flip flops I had packed in my bed. Feeling a little exposed, I put on the pair of shorts I had on earlier. I put my clothes into the bag and grabbed my camera. I placed it around my neck, letting it fall down with the strap.

Once I felt the bathroom stall, I looked at myself in the mirror. The bathing suit was a little revealing on the chest area--it was showing a lot of cleavage.

I rubbed my hands over my face, feeling a little embarrassed before making my way out back outside.

I saw Matt and Bonnie washing a car together and made my way over to them. I set my bag off to the side, asking Elena is she could watch it for me.

"Wow, that looks good on you," she said as she looked at what I saw wearing.

I rubbed my hand up and down my arm and wrapped my other arm around my stomach, "I don't know," I said feeling a little self-conscious, "Do you think it's too much?"

She shook her head, "Nope, I think you look good. It shows off your-" she waved her hands around, "-assets."

I raised my eyebrow at her and laughed before making my way over to Bonnie and Matt. When Bonnie saw me, she smiled, "Caroline has you wearing that, doesn't she?" Upon seeing the look on my face, she knew that this was Caroline's idea.

"Hey Y/N," Matt said as he smiled at me. I waved at him and looked away shyly when I noticed that he was staring at what I was wearing.

Bonnie noticed this and sent me a look, wiggling her eyebrows up and down. I shook my head at her and rolled my eyes. This girl is something else.

"Hey, do you mind if I get some shots of you guys? Caroline has me on camera duty, but I'm not quite sure why a bathing suit is required for the job," I say as I lift my camera up.

Before they could answer, I raised my camera and snapped a few candid shots. I think it's always better if the person or people you're photographing doesn't know you're doing it--it's more natural that way. You get to see them being them.

Matt laughed at me, "Hey," he said stretching out the 'y', "I thought you were supposed to count down."

I smirked from behind my camera, "It's better when you least expect it, Donovan."

He smiled at me and I turned my head, feeling my face heat up. I turned and took some photos of people washing a car. The sponges they were using were releasing soapy water as they cleaned the car.

A car pulled up next to where we were standing. Tiki came up to us, a water hose and a bucket of soapy water in front of her. Bonnie told Tiki this car was hers to clean.

Tiki seemed repulsed by the idea and made a face, "Why do I always get the homely ones?" she turned to the boy who was getting out of his car, "Just to be clear, your car's a P.O.S. I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S."

I scoffed, wondering how some people could be so rude to others. Bonnie spoke up, obviously thinking the same thing I was, "You don't have to be rude."

Tiki fills the bucket with more water, "Rude is uglying up the road with that junk." Right after she said that, water splashed all over Tiki, soaking her.

Tiki gasped and tried to turn off the water hose, "Whoa! What the hell?"

Bonnie and I look over at each other and burst out laughing, along with some other people. I guess what they say is true, karma is a bitch and she loves to get her revenge.

Matt ran over to her and turned off the water hose, getting water on himself and on the car, "Wet and Wild, Tik."

I make my way around, getting photos and some videos of people washing cars--laughing while getting soap and water on themselves. I come back around to see Elena and Caroline talking. I catch their attention and get some pictures of them.

Caroline turns to me and says, "Wait, you have to get my good side. Well, technically, all my sides are good, but this one is the best."

She poses and Elena just laughs, "Only you, Caroline."

Caroline turns around and glares at Elena, "What?" she turns back to me, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder and posing, "I'm ready."

I take some shots of her before handing her my camera so she could look at them. She flipped through and looked up at me, "These are great." She turns to Elena, "What did you need?"

"Yeah, we're out of towels and those shimmy things," Elena says and moves her hair off of her neck.

"I'll go get some here," she turns around and starts to walk off. "Mind the money," she called over her shoulder before she entered the building.

"Hey Elena," I said, waiting for her to turn her attention towards me.

She turned around and looked up to me, "Yeah?"

"How's Jeremy doing? I haven't really spoken to him lately."

She takes money from someone who was leaving, "He's.. well he's being Jeremy. I think if he saw you, he might act better."

"Yeah, of course. I've just been pretty busy, but that's not really an excuse, "I sigh and sit down in the chair next to her, "I mean, honestly, the real reason is that I feel like ever since he and Vicky have started hanging out, we've been drifting apart."

"I know Jeremy can be difficult, but don't let anyone, especially not someone like Vicky, ruin your friendship." she placed her hand on my shoulder, "I know you and I just became friends, but I'm glad that Jeremy and I have you in our lives."

"Aww, Elena." I lean forward and give her a hug, "I'm glad I'm in your lives, too."

She smiles at me before turning around to take money from another customer. Once she's done, I get up and tell her that I'm going to get some more pictures since there were more vehicles coming in.

I see Tiki walking up to Bonnie and approach them, "Hey, guys. Have either of you seen Caroline?"

Bonnie shakes her head. Tiki speaks up, turning my attention to her, "Caroline ditched, but I don't know where she went."

I nod and turn around when I notice someone staring at me. I see Stefan somewhat off to the side. When he notices me looking at him, he makes his way over.

I fidget with the charm bracelet on my wrist, still feeling apprehensive around him. "Hey," he says as he steps towards me, hands in his jean pockets.

"Hey," I was avoiding eye contact with him and the whole thing was starting to get awkward.

"Look," he says finally getting me to look at him, "Do you want to grab lunch someday? I figured we could talk about whatever is making you avoid me."

I look away, "I'm not... avoiding you." I'm such a bad liar sometimes. The look on his face showed me that he knew I was lying. I was avoiding him, but he doesn't know why.

I sigh, rubbing my hands over my face before adjusting my camera strap, "You're right. I have been avoided you, but probably not for the reasons you think."

Stefan nods his head, "Well, whatever the reason, maybe we can talk about it and figure out a solution. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to miss my friend."

I smile up at him, "I'm starting to miss you, too. How about I text you later with details?"

He nods his head, a small smile falling onto his somewhat serious face, "Yeah, I'd like that."

I turned around and saw Bonnie and Tiki talking. By the looks of it, whatever Tiki said to Bonnie pissed her off because Bonnie picked up a water hose and started putting water on the pavement. I didn't see that point in it because the pavement was getting wet from people washing the cars.

All of a sudden, a straight line of fire replaced the water and headed straight for someone's car. Stefan and I turned to each other, shocked. The trail of fire leading to Tiki's car, the flames covering it.

Tiki runs over to her car, shocked as well as everyone else. Stefan runs over to Bonnie, "Bonnie! Bonnie! Bonnie! Hey." That's when I noticed that she seems to be in some sort of trance.

Bonnie snaps her head to Stefan looking around as if she didn't know what was going on, "What just happened?"

Stefan tilted his head a little, "You were in some kind of trance."

Bonnie turned to the car and back to Stefan, "Did I do this?" Why would she think she did this? Did she?

Stefan and Bonnie mutter the rest of their conversation. I'm guessing how that no one could hear what they were talking about. I stare at them confused. What were they talking about?

Once the car wash started to die down, I decided to go home and get the pictures ready. I grabbed my messenger bag from where Elena was. As I was leaving, I saw her talking to her Aunt Jenna and Jenna's ex Logan Fell. I know that's her ex because Jeremy told me a while ago.

I pull my bike out from the bike rack and kick the kickstand up. I swing my leg onto the other side of the bike and steady myself. I take off and start making my way home.

----

I'm sitting down on my bed going through the pictures and eating a pint of ice cream when the doorbell rings. I scrunch my face up wondering who would be at my house at night. Setting my camera down, ice cream still in hand, I make my way to the front door.

I look out the peephole and see the back of someone's head. I immediately know who it is and unlock the door and open it.

Jeremy turns around, "Hey Y/N. Can I come in?" I nod my head and open the door wide to let him enter.

His hands are shoved into his jacket pocket and he smells like drugs, alcohol, and for some odd reason, leaves.

"You hungry?" I ask as I make my way into the kitchen.

He looks around, "Yeah, sure." I put my ice cream back in the freezer and put my spoon in the sink. I grab two water bottles out of the fridge and some chips.

I turn to him, "C'mon." I gathered up the snacks and led him to the living room.

We both sat down on the couch and I turned on the TV, letting what was already on play, "So, what's going on?"

He looks down and sighs. When he starts to fidget with his hands, I place mine on top of his, "Hey, talk to me. What's going on?"

Jeremy grabs a hold on my left hand, "You might be right about Vicky." He shakes his head, "God, I'm so stupid."

"Jeremy," he stays looking down, "Jeremy, look at me." He turns his attention to me, his brown eyes looking into mine.

"You are not stupid, just because you care about somebody doesn't make you stupid," I say as he just shrugs his shoulders. "Now, what happened?"

"I don't know. One minute we were all good, and then boom-all of sudden she's getting mad and saying that if she wanted to feel like crap about herself then she would just be with Tyler," he says as his face starts to turn red from anger.

"I just don't get it, you know. I'm nothing like Tyler Lockwood. I care about her and he doesn't. Why can't she just see that?!"

I sigh and bring my feet onto the couch, "I don't know Jer. Some people don't know how to react to someone treating them right when they're used to being treated wrong."

"I don't know.. maybe I should just give up. She obviously doesn't want me around," he says as he leans back onto the couch and closes his eyes.

"No, no, no." he sits up and looks at me confused, "I know, as your best friend, I'm supposed to support your decisions and choices, but, honestly, if you really care about her don't give her up without a fight."

I grab one of the water bottles and hand it to him, which he opens and starts drinking from it. I drink from mine before setting it down on the coffee table. "And I could've been wrong. Vicky probably isn't as half bad as I thought she was."

"Yeah, but what's the point in fighting for someone who doesn't know what she wants." I just shrug my shoulders, not really knowing how to answer that.

Jeremy looks at me weirdly before turning his body in my direction. I was about to ask him what was wrong when he leans forward and placed his hand on the side of my face.

"Jeremy..." I said as I looked down, feeling my face heat up.

He turned my face back to him, "Hey.." I looked back up to him. He looked down at me, "Can I, uh, do something?"

I already knew what he wanted to do, so I just nodded my head. The next thing I know is his lips are on mine. I lifted my hand up to his face as we kissed.

I know it probably didn't mean anything to him, but while we kissed, I felt safe and was distracted from all of my problems. After a little bit, he pulled away from me and looked away, "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking."

I grabbed his hand and stroked it with my thumb, "Don't be."

He coughs and looks away, rubbing the back of his neck, looking embarrassed.

"Look, Jer. You don't have to feel weird about this. You needed comfort and I just happened to be here."

"You sure? I wasn't trying to make things awkward, it just happened," he said as he sighed.

I bit my lip, trying to ignore the hurt that was seeping in. I mean, I knew this didn't mean anything to him, but still.

"Yeah, of course. I know you care about Vicky still," I said attempting to keep the tears, that were trying to come out, at bay.

When his phone buzzed, we both jumped a little at the noise. He pulled it out of his pocket and read the message. He turned to me, a slight frown on his face, "I would love to stay, but Jenna and Elena are wondering where I am."

I nodded my head, "Yeah. You should go. You know how they are when they get agitated."

I led him to the front door and we hugged before he opened the door. "Are you sure we're okay?" Before I could answer he said, "I just don't want something simple as a little kiss that didn't really mean anything to ruin our friendship."

I sent a small smile his way, "Of course. We're fine. Now get home. I will not be apart in you getting home even later than you already are."

Jeremy laughed, giving me a hug, and walking out the front door. He turned around and waved at me before turning around walking back home.

Once he was out of sight, I closed and clocked the door, leaning against it. A few shaky breaths left my mouth as my eyes filled with tears.

I let a few tears fall before wiping my face and making my way up to my room. I laid down on the bed and touched my lips with my fingertips, still feeling his on mine. Too bad it didn't mean anything to him, but it meant something to me.

I sat up and grabbed my journal and a pen from my nightstand. I opened it to an empty page and began writing.

----

September 29, 2009
Tuesday

Dear Journal,

The truth is that Jeremy and I have always been best friends, but this past year, we have gotten closer. I wanted to tell him how I felt at the beginning of the year, but with everything that happened with his parents, I didn't want to make things worse.

I've been secretly hoping that he felt the same way about me as I did him, but tonight proved that he didn't. I would never be the type of girl, he'd be interested in. I'm just his best friend. Maybe he would like me the way I like him if I were different, but I guess I'll never know. I'll be okay though. Some friendships are purely meant to be platonic.

I still have to talk to Stefan and Damon about what happened at the Founder's Party, but for now, I think I'm going to sleep.

Farewell, Journal

Czytaj Dalej

To TeΕΌ Polubisz

2.3K 69 26
Should I go up to them? Will they accept me? Will they remember me? "N-Nellie?" Well shit.... ============== =============== I DO NOT OWN VAMPIRE DI...
354K 9.2K 36
Lyric Carson, an awkward and eccentric 17-year-old-vampire-loving girl, who is in love with ''The Vampire Diaries'' and the idea of meeting her favor...
54.3K 965 43
After catching Damon cheating on her with her best friend Bonnie, Elena gets kidnapped by the sociopath Kai. After a year she manages to escape and...
18.4K 651 16
"You know that she's a vampire now? So, she remembers who you are? It's been over a year, Klaus. She doesn't love you. You can't actually think that...