The Reincarnation System

By HHM4RK

An 18 year old man called Alex Arano dies and is reincarnated into the body of Kuruma Sato, the heir to a sma... More

Author Notes
Chapter 1: The Reincarnation
Chapter 2: The First Fight And First City

Chapter 3: The First Quest

16 0 0
By HHM4RK

I looked at all available quests on the board, there were many all of different ranks but what annoyed me is that the rookie quest were just manual labor, farming and also being a waiter for a few hours, okay money but terrible for an adventurer so I took a Tin level quest to clear out a goblin nest that had attacked carriages and apparently kidnapped everyone they didn't kill, I took the quest up to the quest desk and the woman looked at me then the quest and her eyes widened "you're a rookie there is no way you can do a Tin rank quest, i'm sorry but I can't let you die on your first quest" I sighed 'they are really underestimating me' I leaned on the desk "I have never ever gone back on my word and I am confident I can give you my word that I will come back after slaughtering these goblins" I felt someone tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a pouting Kakao "ahh Kakao lovely to see you again, hey do mind telling these that I can handle some goblins" she glared at me "we got questioned by the guards because of you and fined, so you owe us" I nodded then she walked past me and she looked at the woman behind the desk "we couldn't kill the bandits but our friend here did, easily, I think you can give him a Tin level quest" she gestured to me and I nodded. The woman behind the desk sighed "fine i'll let you take the quest " she stamped the quest then rolled it up and passed it to me, I nodded to her and Kakao "when I get some money i'll pay you guys back" I chuckled before turning and walking out of the guild. I knew exactly where the nest was thanks to the system.

Mission Acquired:

Clear Goblin Nest

Rewards:

5,000 exp

100 gold coins

50 sp(System Points)

+50 rep with Tia

Failure:

-50 rep with Adventurers Guild and Tia

Possible Death

Bonus Objective:

Save any kidnapped people if alive

Rewards:

5000 exp per person saved

50 sp per person saved

failure:

Death of you and kidnapped people

Do you accept?

Y/N

I pressed yes and walked to the gates, it was around mid day so I decided to leave and get this quest done. I looked at my map and the system and marked the next, I smiled 'thank you System' I pumped Mana into my body and took off into the forest, running and swerving between and around trees, I had to slow down a bit since if I didn't I would've crashed into multiple trees. 

It took me around an hour to reach the cave that acted as a goblin nest, I jumped up to a tree branch and took out 10 senbon(basically needles), coated in poison and spotted a group of 6 goblins walking out of the cave, I took aim and threw 6 of the senbon, all hitting their targets and allowing the poison to act and kill the goblins after a few minutes of silent screaming. I activated my Sharingan and looked around to try and spot some Mana signatures, I saw no more so I dropped from the tree and walked into the shadows of the cave, my Sharingan allowed me to see in the dark, so if any goblins would come out I would hit them with a poisoned senbon, I didn't want to get swarmed since I would lose then so I sneaked around, killing goblins silently with senbon until I reached their main nest, it was a massive open area, goblins all around and in the middle tied to posts were two women and three men, one of the men seemed to be dead. I walked in the shadows before I channeled Mana into my feet which allowed me to walk up the walls and hang off the ceiling right above the tied up Humans, I could do this due to my Chakra Manipulation sub skill. I looked around and saw every goblin, all were walking around carrying the supplies stolen from the carriages, no one was watching the Tied up people, so I dropped down in the middle of the posts, they were in a circle and crouched and silently walked up to one of the women before covering her mouth and gesturing for her to stay quiet, she was scared at first before she nodded, the other tied up people, saw me and they knew I came to get them. I took out a knife and slowly cut each of them free, they stayed in place, acting like they were still tied up. I took 10 senbon out of my inventory and channeled Mana through my body before disappering and quickly running around tha cave silently, throwing senboon and snapping necks of several goblins before I tripped up and alerted the goblins, the men and women picked up the other dead man and ran down a path I cleared for them and I followed, after alot of frantic running we came to the entrance but a goblin threw a rock and it hit one of the women in the head and knocked her out, the others stopped to grab her but I pushed them "go!" I drew my sword before pointed my hand at the group of goblins "lightning bolt!" a bolt of lightning shot into the group causing the group to stop for a few seconds so I picked up the girl and threw her over my shoulder and held her with one of my hands with my sword in the other, I ran out of the cave and ran in a different direction to the others, leading the goblins away from them, every time they threw a rock, I turned and struck it with my sword before turning back and running, the girl eventually woke up so I stopped, put her down and told her to keep running, KI charged at the goblins and started cutting them down, I took a lot of hits and by the time they were all dead, I was on 50 Hp and tired.

I sheathed my sword and rubbed some sweat off my forehead before I looked around to check for any more goblins that hid. After concluding not remained, I headed in the direction of where the women ran and came to a clearing "you can come out" the people from earlier walked out of the bushes and looked at me "we will have to make camp for the night then we can head back" I took some firewood and rocks out of my inventory then built a fire in the middle of the clearing, I took 5 sharp sticks out and 15 pieces of raw deer meat, which a stabbed 3 pieces on each stick and handed them to the others before starting to cook mine over the fire. After eating, I pulled some blankets out of my inventory and handed them to the group then I laid down and put my hands behind my head, staring at the night sky before drifting off to sleep.

???'s POV

I was sat behind the Quest desk, preparing a form for K's death since it had been 3 days since his departure but you can imagine my surprise when I heard the doors to the guild open and walking in was none other than the hooded man simply named K, I jumped up and ran to him "did you actually manage to complete the quest?" I asked wide eyed and he chuckled in response before speaking "yes and I managed to find 5 people, one was dead so we brought his body back to be buried and the other four were fine, I handed them off to the guards at the gate, they are taking care of them, sorry it took me so long to get back, I couldn't move at full speed and I needed to rest for a bit too" I walked back to the desk, gesturing for him to follow, I took my seat again then took out 100 coins and handed them to him "the reward for the quest" I smiled as he took the pouch of coins and I was shocked when he moved the pouch forward and then disappeared into nothing "what was that?" he nodded "it is kinda like a pocket dimension that I can store things in like money" my jaw dropped "you can use storage magic?!" I shouted at him, amazed that someone that can use storage magic is only a rookie when he should be a Diamond rank.

Kuruma's POV

After a talk with the quest desk lady who I learned was called Tia, I guess that is the person from the quest so that means she likes me a bit better and that means I may be able to get tougher quests. 'Status'

Kuruma Sato

Race: Half-Saiyan

Level 15(2500/10000)

HP - 750/750

MP - ∞/∞

STR - 50

VIT - 40

DEX - 60

INT - 15

CHA - 90

LUC - 25

I had leveled up quite a bit and because I reached leveled 15 the System decided to give me some free Sp so I had 500 in total, turns out killed monsters, that have a higher level than you gives a good amount of Sp. I was walking through the crowded streets and was looking through the System Store and something intrigued me, the companions menu had finally been opened so I went into it and several boxes appeared and the only one that didn't have a question mark instead had a picture of Rimuru Tempest, a extra powerful slime, to gain him as a companion It cost 400 Sp so I spent it and what I didn't expect was for him to pop out of nowhere in my arms, I got startled and fell backwards, he fell with me and landed on me in his slime form "Rimuru!" I said shocked, a question formed on his slime body before he said "who are you and how do you know who I am?" he said in his young sounding voice, I grabbed him and ran into the alley before putting him down.

(Rimuru as a slime)

He looked around not realizing where he was and in my shocked state, I hadn't noticed a health and mana bar at the top left of my vision, it said Rimuru Tempest with his level which was 51! It seemed he had the same for me expect an infinity sign instead of a mana bar "you are Kuruma Sato, and why is their a infinty symbol below your health?" I chuckled "well i was reincarnated like you except I got to decide on something to have as a gift and i picked infinite Mana" he laughed "that's smart! I wished I would've asked that!" I looked at the slime as he hopped up and down "well Rimuru, I have something called a System and I summoned you here in this world with System Points" he quickly transformed to his human form and nodded.

(Rimuru as a human)

He looked at me and smiled the stock his hand out "Rimuru, Rimuru Tempest and that System I think is talking to me" he chuckled and took my hood down and shaked his hand "Kuruma, Kuruma Sato and I believe the voice should be, a metallic sounding women, if that makes sense"

[I am hurt Host but yes I am communicating with Rimuru and explaining to him how he is here along with what will happen to his world and if your interested, it is just frozen in time, in a stasis so he can spend as much time with you on your adventures and he can also use the System's functions like the map, his own inventory and his own status page but nothing else, he can learn things from books or scrolls by scanning them and he can scan people and creatures like you]

I nodded "so Rimuru shall we go eat and I can talk to you about everything I know about this world and about myself and my plans on what I want to do?" he nodded in response and put his thumb up, smiling. I put my hood back up and walked out of the alley to a small restaurant I saw earlier, I entered and we sat down and both ordered something. Then we started talking I explained at first about my reincarnation, how in my world he is the main character of a manga and anime. Then I talked about Kuruma's life in this world, his death, his brother and then about my life in this world all the way up until now and finally I told him everything I knew about the system. He nodded his head after he finished eating then smiled "well Kuruma, I'll gladly help you, it will be fun since you're someone from Earth, I assume you watch anime if you have watched mine" I nodded "yeah I don't know which anime existed in your earth but I know I can  get weapons, armor, skills, consumables and companions from tv shows and anime and maybe also games. I have something to show you" I smirked then activated my Sharingan and looked at him, he couldn't see at first so I pulled back my hood a bit then e freaked out "OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE THE SHARINGAN!" I quickly deactivated it and calmed him down as everyone around stared at us "yep I do" I chuckled and put my thumbs up to him "oh and i'm also a Half-Saiyan" his eyes widened and his jaw dropped "that's insane, not only can you be as strong or stronger than Goku and Vegeta but you have the legendary dojutsu of the Uchiha Clan" he rubbed his face and sighed "yep it's pretty op but the thing I really want to see is who else I can get from the companion store, I got you and you're from one of my favorite anime" he grimaced a bit "well if i'm the first you unlocked and I run a village of monsters the people after me must be even stronger." I smiled "you're also level 51 whilst i'm level 15" I chuckled and he started at me "I am" I nodded "just say Status and look at the page, it will have your level, race, name, stats and if you want your skills just say skills" he nodded then said "Status" he looked at his stats wide eyed "damn i'm strong" I laughed "of course you are, you're a main protagnist of course you're strong" he laughed at that comment "well maybe we should find an inn to sleep in and maybe you can get a face mask like Kakashi's so you don't always have a hood up" 

(This is Kakashi if you didn't know)

I nodded 'System is there a mask like Kakashi's in the store'

[Yes Host for 50 Sp] 

'Can you purchase it and place in my inventory?'

[Of course Host. . It should be in your inventory now Host]

I nodded the opened my inventory and took the mask out, it was a replica of Kakashi's mask, I slipped it on then put my hood down, my face was covered except my eyes "how is this?" I asked Rimuru and he nodded "good now let's go and find an inn" I nodded and we got up and paid for our food which cost 20 Coins then we walked through town, looking for a inn to sleep in. We found one called "The Sleeping Giant" we walked in and looked around, a girl no older than 15, waved to us from behind a counter, we walked up "Hi can we have a room?" the girl looked at us both and made a face of understanding, I looked at Rimuru and he looked back before it clicked what she thought "no no no we are just companions, we need to save money" she nodded "it will be 10 Gold per night" I handed her 50 for 5 nights then me and Rimuru  walked up to the room and when we entered, he turned back to a slime and hopped to the bed and on it whilst I took off my cloak, held my sword and unwrapped my tail and stretched, I put my sword in my inventory then laid down  on the bed and sighed "I didn't know Half-Saiyan's had tails?" Rimuru questioned and I replied "Gohan did" he nodded the looked at me worried "you're not gonna turn into a Great Ape and rampage are you?" I nodded "I will at some point bt then I trust you to cut my tail off with a water blade, i'm sure that that attack can cut it, well i hope it can" I chuckled wryly, Rimuru sighed and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Rimuru's POV 

I looked at the sleeping, Half-Saiyan beside me and sighed 'I want to help him and I think this journey will be fun but I can't help but worry about my village even though the System told me my world was frozen in time, until I return. I nodded 'I will become even stronger here with Kuruma and then no one can attack our village or hurt any of my friends' I had a new found determination to be stronger than I am now so not even the Demon Lords can beat me. I eventually drifted off to sleep.

Kuruma's POV

I shot up and fell off my bed, clutching my stomach "Kuruma i'm sorry she barged in here  and punched you" I looked up and saw Rimuru in his human form, with his sword drawn then I stood up with difficulty and looked at who punched me and saw a steaming Kakao "who is this little girl!?" she shouted at me and I chuckled when I saw an irk mark appear on Rimuru head "no he is a little boy" I remarked and got punched on the arm by Rimuru "I'm older than you" I chuckled before turning back to Kakao "he's a friend and he is joining me on my journey to clear the Ancient Dungeons, she settled down and sighed "another crazy but why was he sleeping in the bed with you, are you two. . you know" I blinked "no! Please show her your actual form so she stops thinking we are in a relationship" Rimuru sighed, sheathed his sword and transformed back into a slime "I'm actual a slime" he said happily and Kakao looked in surprise "A slime that talks, transforms into a human and is sleeping with Kuruma" she whispered then proceeded to faint, I face palmed and looked at Rimuru as he transformed back into a human "well she's nice, your girlfriend?" he winked at me "no! she's not" I crossed my arms then chuckled and picked her up and laid her on the bed "let's wait for her wake up or you can go explore, System is there a way for us to talk long distance" the System talked to both of us

[Yes you are in a party so you will always hear the other no matter how far or quiet you talk] 

"Wow that's is really helpful" Rimuru agreed with me "okay I will go register at the guild and then I will go to the market and look around" I nodded to him before he left the room and went off to explore the city. I sat down beside Kakao, it only took around 20 minutes for her to wake up when she did she looked up at me and sat up "did I faint over a Slime?" I nodded laughing a little "he is a good person so you don't have to worry about him" she sighed and rubbed her head "how long was I out?", "around 20 minutes"she nodded "I have to go, I'm going hunting with some members from the clan i'm in" I smirked 'clans exist do they' I smiled "all right, goodbye" she smiled at me before getting up and leaving "Rimuru can you hear me?"

"I can Kuruma" I smiled'it works,yes!' I got up and walked out of the inn after locking our room door "have you found anything?" I whispered so no one would hear me "yes I registered with the guild and talked to some adventurers and apparently in 3 months there is going to be a tournament that anyone can enter but it is recommended that Gold rank adventurers or higher enter" I smirked "we should train and enter that tournament, we can spread our name and gain some rep with the adventurers guild and maybe either rank up or be allowed to get tougher missions" I chuckled. and we both decided to enter when the time came. "Oh Rimuru, I need to ask something, can you summon Ranga out of your shadow?" I heard Rimuru mutter "I don't know, I gonna go into this alley and try to" I started running top where he was since we are in a party we can see each other on the map "wait for me" I put Mana into my legs and jumped to the roofs and ran to Rimuru then dropped down into the alley and waved to Rimuru, I didn't have my hood up so he waved back then tried to summon Ranga and to my suprise, Ranga popped out of his shadow and then saw me and started to charge me.

(This is Ranga)

Rimuru looked at Ranga "Ranga no!" Ranga couldn't stop his bite, aiming for me, so I sighed and turned and simply stepped out of the way, and Ranga hit the floor hard, Rimuru ran up to us both "Ranga, he is a friend and a new companion of mine" I chuckled and waved smiling at Ranga but it was more of a eye smile since I had my mask on, the Tempest Star Wolf walked to us, hanging his head down "sorry Rimuru" I smiled and Rimuru tried to cheer him up before the Ranga bowed to me "hey it's really okay Ranga, if you actually tried to kill me by using more of your strength, I would be dead but you didn't so I thank you for that" I stuck my thumb up and  Ranga went back to his cheery self then we sat down and explained everything to Ranga and all he did after was nod and agree to help me on my journey and all I could think 'I need to get stronger, these two could absolutely thrash me if they tried, I wouldn't stand a chance'.

It has been 3 months since me and Rimuru decided to enter the tournament, we had trained and hunted, both of us had leveled alot, me to 30, Rimuru to 56 and Ranga I assume levels up with Rimuru but we can't be sure since he doesn't have a status page but from the amount of training we have along with the quests we are both Rank Steel, the 3rd Rank, I gained a lot of Sp and bought a lot more skills, I learned to properly Manipulate Mana so I can use the sub skill which took longer than I would like to say but we won't ever talk about that. Anyway, Rimuru sparred with me, using swords only so I could get better and using my sword and incorporating, Water Breathing forms in the middle of combat and my stats had improved a lot too, these are mine and Rimuru's stat pages

Kuruma Sato

Race: Half-Saiyan 

Level 30(4000/15000)

HP - 1500/1500

MP - ∞/∞

STR - 100

VIT - 80

DEX - 120

INT - 50

CHA - 150

LUC - 50

Rimuru Tempest

Race: Slime

Level 56(6562/27000)

HP - 4500/4500

MP - 5000/5000

STR - 275

VIT - 250

DEX - 280

INT - 240

CHA - 260

LUC - 210

We were sitting in the waiting room of the arena where all of the contestants are waiting to be called to fight their opponent. I was wearing my usual simple white shirt with brown pants and a cloak that covers my body and my sword, I had my hood up with my mask over my face and Rimuru had his usual clothes but was also wearing a Full Face Mask.

(That's what he looks like)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247 17 11
What happens when you take a good guy, give him a shitty life and make him live through a trash life with a moderate 9-5 job? you make a suicidal man...
1.6K 175 15
Nathan Riel is a top-ranked strategy game player who died from an unknown disease, suffering from depression and a mysterious illness, a disease that...
2.2K 146 13
Walking on your home from your shift while playing your favorite otome game,you get dashed by a car only to end up in the game as an extra life. You...
858 21 42
crappy isekai MC'sthat don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...