Hold You Down (August Alsina...

By dollie_

Megan is having trouble balancing her life in Chicago and in Atlanta until she meets August Alsina. They both... More

Prologue
Ch:1-intro
Ch2-Practice Begins
ch3-Auditions
Ch4-Snow Day
Ch5-B****es in ATL
Ch6-Magic City
Ch7-Vibe
Ch8-Party Plans
Ch9-Pre-Celebration
Ch10-21st
Ch11-Secrets
Ch12-Bad Business
Ch13-Starting Over
Ch14-Truth & Groupies
Ch15-St.Louis
Ch16-Warning
Ch17-Who Gone Stop Me?
Ch18-Where is She?
Ch19-Information
Ch20-Downtown
Ch21-Beginning
Ch22-Ghost
Ch23-Shoot or Die
Ch 25: Recovery
Ch 26: New Plans
Ch 27: Stubborn
Ch 28: In Your Hood
Ch 29: Dead Man
Ch:30 Bad News
Ch 31: Break Down
Ch 32: Easy NIght
Ch:33 Part 1
Ch 33: part 2
Ch 34: somewhat of the truth
Ch 35- plans
Ch36- Killa
chapter 38- TOGETHER!!!
Sequel

Chapter 37- I'm out

2.1K 80 1
By dollie_

Comment and vote, and NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!

August's POV

Brooks is the worst man on dis earth, he probably is the devil. Ion know how Megan latched onto him. I'm from the streets of New Orleans, so I'm use to the violence, but the plan that I just heard is f*ckin disgusting. That right is sick a** man. "man, ion wanna hear that shit." I complained as Dee and I was walking out of Rich's trap house.

Dee dumb a** thought it was a smart idea to go and listen to Brooks talk about his upcoming plans, i thought dude was retired. I ain't with that, I am a celebrity I can't go run 'round wit n*ggas like him. That's puttin' ma family and ma life in danger and I'm ova that. I stopped doing that shit when Mel died. The reason I took singing seriously was to stop the gang banging. It will always be with me cause it's in my past,but not my future. Dee want to get on it, I lost ma brudda, ma best friend and Drew to that shit. I'm not about to lose somebody else that's close to me. I'm not wit it.

"Dee are ya f*ckin stupid, we just lost Drew!" I nearly yelled out in tha small parking lot. "you have a damn daughter...A DAUGHTER, you only thinkin bout ya self in dis situation."

"Aug, its for- " he started to say.

"FOR WHO DREW?? CAUSE LIKE BROOKS SAID THE N*GGA RON IS DEAD, MEGAN TOPPED THAT DUDE." now I'm heated with his dumb a**, how stupid can he be. He claiming he graduated with a 4.0 GPA, he need to use it and do something positive with it. After today I'm going to stop bringing him along when I do shows and shit, cause I don't need to be watchin' ova ma shoulder makin' sure nobody is coming for me.

"Man, it's the money."

"tuh." i shook ma head. "Drew needed the money too, and look where it got him." If i can't get through his head then I'm going to stop. "If ya go along with him, then I'm not going to be with ya, straight up. We family and you're not even going to listen and take ma advice. I'm not with it."

I broke ma neck to make sure he was good, we kept each other straight, but shid if that's the route he want's to take then I'm out. I took one final look at Dee then walked to my Range Rover.

Before getting into my grey custom range rover, in my mid-peripheral vision I had seen her all black ford fusion. Ma heart stopped for a second, is she going to curse me out for not texting her back or is she going to talk to me in a calm voice. Whatever it is I am ready for it. She parked not to far from me, she has to walk past me to get into the building. I closed ma car door and leaned against.

I watched as she got out of her car and closed the door behind her.

"Aye Megan" I called out when she walked clean passed me.

"huh." she sighed..damn she's beautiful. "yes August.?" she questioned

"uhh." I stammered with ma words. "h-how ya been?"

she shifted from her left side to her right. "never better." I picked up the fake response.

"I'm for-real, I haven't talked to ya since-"

"since you kicked me out of your crib." she finished ma sentence.

I feel bad for doing that, but i was caught up. "look, it was an misunderstanding."

"yes for you, what do you want?" her arms were crossed.

"I just want to know how ya been, ya know I ain't seen ha beautiful face in awhile."

"I've had better days, I am trying to take this one step at a time. I can't live ma life like this anymore Aug, I'm completely done with Brooks after today. I can't do it."

I took a hold of her chin and lifted her head up. "you are too beautiful to be looking down, iight. Do what you have to do that will make that pretty smile show."

"August what's the catch?"

There's no catch, when it comes to her I just want to see her happy.I want to see everybody happy that I care about.

"nothing, I just want to see you happy, A'ight."

"I'll be a happy once I get done talking to Brooks." She said while walking away at the same time.

"i'll be waiting for ya." I mumbled.

**************************

Megan's POV

After having that meaningful conversation with August i started thinking about what it would be life to quit working for Brooks, for good. After that kill i lost a lot of respect for him. Why did I kill Cameron? What good did it do for me? NOTHING. I took a life because i was asked to do it, under peer pressure and because to help August and his family out.That didn't work because he basically said he didn't gain anything from it.Drew is still dead and King still has Brooks' nephew, I think. The circle is small and nobody is around to help each other any more.

I enjoyed working for him,killing, selling drugs, and having a cold heart towards people became apart of me. It's what made me who I am today. I didn't have a father figure and Brooks' was there to guide me. My dad died, we moved to Chicago and my mom began dating that bastard. When I accidentally bumped into Brooks on the corner my life changed. He taught me how to make money fast and that's what I did.I hustle to get money illegal or legal I am still going to be making money. My mom raised me to follow my dreams, you know never give up and get it on my way. Simple stuff that mother's suppose to teach their child. Never depend on anyone, have manners, make good grades, etc. Brooks basically saved my life.

My father didn't get a chance to do that...

I will always have love for him because he took me in when he could have killed me when I messed up his money flow. My life is changing around me without me emotionally in it. Fucked up I know right.

Pushed the door open that leads into Rich's trap house, it is my 2nd time coming here. My 1st time was with Robin, she hates coming here but she's the one that wants to hold him down so she has no choice. My nude ankle strap heels sunk into the white plush carpet as I walked through the back room to his office.

"Brooks." I said out loud when I opened the door. Rich, Brooks and two other dudes are in the room.

Rich kept his eyes glued on me while i walked across his wack ass gold office. He must think he's a King or sum...played out.

While standing up he greeted me. "hey baby-girl." His large arms reached out for a hug. I took him into my arms then pulled away. Times won't be hard for me after this.

"What can I do for you?"

"umm." I looked around at the three people that don't need to hear our conversation.

"You'll excuse us for a minute." he told them..

"Brooks, this ma office man.," Rich hoe ass complained.

I never liked him..I just tolerated him for Robin.

"Rich..you can be a dead man walking." he threaten.

Rich smacked his lips while walking out of his office with the other two behind him.

The room didn't give off any tension, just a calm feeling . I stood tall in front of the wooden desk that Brooks is now taking over at this very moment.

"I want out..no more jobs Brooks, I need to live my life without fearing that someone is going to kidnap me again or try and kill me. I came a long way these past years since you have known me. I don't want to leave on bad blood, but it's time for me to put the killing side of me up.

You will always be like a father to me and I love you for that.. I do, but I don't want to Spy on people, do missions and be known for a drug dealer, nun of that. I know I came to you these past months over some stuff that happen like 3 years ago. That was my fault that Ghost caught me and shit, but I tried to stick it out. That kill a few days ago was pure wrong, and I regret doing it. I'm not trying to blame you for all of my mistakes because you didn't stick a gun to my head."

Brooks took his time before he spoke. A lot must have been running through his mind, he might be taking all of this in.

"...Uhh.., if this is best for you then I will not stop you. Megan, you are a wise woman and I'm glad that I got a chance to watch you grow." He calmly said.

At least he is understanding and not being all rude like most people.

"Come here." he stood up, walked from behind the desk and opened up his large arms for a hug. "I will respect your wishes, but if you need anything don't hesitate to call me." he said while pulling apart.

"I won't ,I promise." I flashed him a bright smile before walking out of the double gold doors.

***************************
August's POV

I placed the ringing phone up to my right ear as I got out of the grey Range Rover "El'Lo" I spoke into the phone.

"Aye man where ya at, ya momma looking foe ya." Dee said on the other side. Loud music and people talking was heard in the background.

"I'm handlin business" unfinished business that is. I use the key that was left at my house to open the door that leads to the condo building. "Why she down hea" momma usual calls me before she starts packing when she wants to come and visit me.

"Ion know, her, mookie, Chandra and the girls all down hea."

I reached the top of first steps, made my way to the creme colored door. I don't know why I'm here, but my mind brung me here. Ion know what this feeling is I inside of meh, cause I don't feel like ma damn self.

"awl, well tell em to make dey selves at home and stuff, I'll be der later on." Any other time I would of been wanting to have a convo to stall time, but today I need this ta happen now.Not tomrrow, not next week, not 2 months from now, but ta'day. I need ta tell ha how I really feel and stop bullshitting.

"ight cool, I'll see ya when ya get here." Dee said before he hung up the phone.

I tucked ma phone into my back pocket, I became nervous as I stood outside of her door. Ion know what I'm going to say, shid I'm surprised that i'm even here after all of the shit we have been through. This is it, I'm going to come clean with everything' just ma feelings cause' dats why a nigga' here to "express" ma'self. If she doesn't expect me cause how I have been treating her then,ya know that's ok wit me. I deserve that from her.

I knocked on ha door and I swear i felt something in my stomach tighten up.

"who is it?" her soft voice said on the other side if of the door.

"Aug."

The door slowly opened...ight, it's worth a shot.

*******************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
109K 3.9K 31
August and Gina have a past. He forgets about her. They reconnect and August tries to make things right with Gina. Can he makes things right complete...
188K 4.9K 47
Sarah has had enough of August abusive ways will she be able to escape. Read to find out about more. THIS STORY IS MADE UP, NOT BASED ON REAL EVENT...
345K 10.5K 12
Katrina Logan is the daughter to the famous producer Pete Logan of Atlanta Records. She's kinda a nerd, with bad style, and extreme shyness. August...