Heroically Instinctive(BNHA F...

By UnorthodoxShipping

Izuku Midoriya is quirkless, which means that he has no superhuman ability in a world where everyone else do... More

Hope
Todo
Φuiπk¥
TΔL¤
Strand
His-Hizashi
Latent
Pull the Pin
Alaala
Di' Makalimot
USJ
A Myriad of Topics
Study
Cake
Waiting Room
And...
A/N

Pale Blue and Bright Red

1.8K 43 40
By UnorthodoxShipping

   Undergrounder(ən•dər•ɡround•er)

    1. Slang term for an underground heo.

    2. A Professional Hero who has gone undercover.

     >You'll think about it?

                                                                               Maybe<

    >Meh, good enough

    >Just

    >Please? This is the first time you'll be seen

    and this is the best way to do it!

                                          Like I said, I'll think about it<

   Izuku looked up from his phone as Katsuki walked in. She narrowed his eyes at him suspiciously.

    "Hey Jirou, want a pair?" He asked, pulling out a pack of purple earplugs, trying to act somewhat inconspicuously .

    She took it with a thank you.

    Katsuki continued to watch him.

    The door opened once more, and Aizawa walked in, the silence following him.

    He was covered in bandages head to toe, and hus arms were in casts.

    Izuku felt guilt shoot up his spine.

    He looked mummy - like

    Tsu piped up, "Aizawa-Sensei, are you okay? Kero."

    Aizawa sighed, "that--while appreciated--is none of your concern. Now--."

    He glanced at the earplugs in Jirou's grasp.

    Aizawa stood behind the podium.

    "Midoriya," the Undergrounder called.

    Izuku stood up straight. "Yes sir?"

    Aizawa looked at him. "Do you have another pair?"

    Jirou snickered at Izuku's nervousness.

    Bakugou smirked.

    "Yes sir." Midoriya rummaged in his bag pocket as Aizawa-Sensei, waited.

    He found it and threw them right onto Aizawa's podium.

    The Pro considered him for a moment, before glancing at the earplugs and staring at his kids.

    "I know that the past three days have been... tiring, but I'm afraid your battles are not over."

    Most tensed up at this.

    Dangerous thoughts swirled in their minds. 'Were there more Villain attacks?', 'Has someone been kidnapped?!' or 'I forgot to eat my sandwich.'

    Veey dangerous.

    "The U. A. Sports Festival is coming up and I would prefer it if you trained as hard as you could."

    They tensed even more, but instead of worry or fear in their eyes? It was pure unadulterated excitement.

    Izuku stood up as the students cheered, a pair of earplugs already in his ears, he went over to Aizawa, and promptly put the plugs in.

    Aizawa sighed.

    "Thank you. Now," He starts, a little louder than usual. Izuku sits back down. "While you should and will train, there is something else I need you to do."

    The door slid open once more.

    "Hero names!" Midnight exclaimed, walking into the room in a somewhat suggestive pose.

    Izuku noticed Jirou looking down at her modest chest, and back again to Midnight's a little wistfully.

    The students cheered again. Oblivious.

    Aizawa plopped back down to sleep in his cocoon.

    She began to pass around whiteboards and markers.

    "Once you're done, you may present it upfront." She announced.

    Some of the students faces fell at that.

    "Feel free to pass around ideas and talk m'kay?" She suggested, clapping her hands together. "Oh, and no rush, You have until the end of the end of the Festival!"

    Besides the Dominatrix vibe, she looked like a proud Mom.

    So, Izuku looked at Bakugou's back.

    He tapped her shoulder, and she turned to him somewhat annoyed.

    "What?!" She asked, irritated. Her whiteboard held at her side.

    "Yoink!" Izuku grabbed her eraser, marker and whiteboard in one motion, and pocketed the former two.

    "Get back here nerd!" She exclaimed as she stood up.

    He grabbed a permanent marker and quickly glanced at the hiragana.

    Bakugou  was about to write Master Explosion Murder. Izuku shook his head as he dodged Kaminari.

    He quickly scrawled down a few characters, and tossed it at Bakugou.

    She caught it, and glared at the board n her hands.

    Then her gaze softened. Somewhat

    She sat back down on her chair, shocking most everyone present.

    Midnight simply giggled at them and their reactions.

    It quieted down after that, and Katsuki simply stared at the writing on his whiteboard.

    Then came Aoyama, who skipped towards the podium, a small and smug smile on his face.

    He slowly slid it up, and echoed the text on the whiteboard.

    "I Cannot Stop Twinkling!" He exclaimed in english, the Japanese accent apparent. "It translates to 'I Cannot Stop Twinkling'! clever non?"

    Is he serious?

    "Maybe lose the 'I' and shorten 'Cannot' to 'Can't'" Midnight suggested.

    Is she serious?

    "Ah yes, thank you madamosielle." He said erasing the offending letters.

    They're serious.

    Next came Ashido, who screamed her name, "Alien Queen!" To be honest, Izuku thought it was pretty good.

    Midnight however, disagreed.

    "You don't want to be likened to that acid spitting monstrosity!" Said Midnight.

    Mina pouted.

    Izuku made a note.

    'Would Mina be able to spit acid?'

    Izuku decide to expand on that.

    'Would she be able to use it's regular strength Or would she have to lower both it's viscosity and solubility?'

    And like that, the classroom was filled with a soft muttering.

    Most decided to leave Izuku alone, they had gotten used to it by now after all, they had all gotten closer to each other.

    (Of course the USJ may have helped. Nothing like fighting a bunch of Villians out to kill you to strengthen interpersonal bonds right?)

    Somewhere in U. A., Nezu had an idea.

    Midoriya had finished a page when Asui went in front of the room, she croaked out, "The Rainy Season Hero, Froppy. Kero."

    Unbeknownst to either Tsu Or Izuku, she had released the tension from the first two's somewhat questionable name choice.

    After that, the proccess became much smoother, a fact Midnight was pleased about.

    Lots of people came to the podium, next was Ojiro, who also came up with an English name.

    "The Martial Arts Hero, Tail - End." He announced, his shoulders relaxed.

    Izuku wrote out his name, and started to update his notes on the class.

    He had always debated alot about what his hero name would be.

    He remembered the day he asked his mom to recite all those Hero Names for him.

    'All Mighty Boy! Might Junior! Small Might..!'

    Izuku shuddered as 'Chaco came up front.

    She scratched her cheek and smiled, a bit sheepish. "I--um," She breathed, "The Float Hero, Uravity!"

    "Very cute!" Nemuri chirped.

    She smiled a bit wider, relief evident on her face.

    Next, Ashido had returned with a veangance!

    "Acid Hero! Compound Kiss!" The cherryette exclaimed, fist raised and leaning against the podium.

    "Amazing! Now that's more like it!" Midnight exclaimed in approval.

    Kaminari groaned in protest behind him, barely audible behind the din of his classmates.

    He looked over, curious.

    Jirou was laughing at Kaminari's expense, as she suggested a clever and punny name.

    Izuku felt a pang of something. But he ignored it, as Jirou ran to the front and presented her name.

    "Hearing Hero! Earphone Jack!" She announced, with an amused smile.

    Shouji came next, silently proclaiming his name to be "Apprehendages."

    'That was pretty clever.' Izuku thought as he hummed in approval.

    Kaminari went up too, and said, "Chargebolt! Shocking eh?"

    Jirou booed.

    Izuku chuckled.

    Kirishima went next.

    "I really hope I won't disappoint, so... 'The Chivalrous Hero! Red Riot!'" Kirishima said, pumping a fist.

    "Did you take after the Hero, Crimson Riot?" Midnight asked, her hands at her waist in thought.

    "Yes Ma'am!"

    "Are you sure? Taking the name of your idol--even a part of it--is a burden."

    Iida paused his scribbling.

    "I'm prepared to bear it Ma'am."

    She smiled.

    The next one came up.

    Sero, "The Tape Hero, CelloTape!"

    And another.

    Sato, "The Sweets Hero, Sugar Crush!

    Momo came up,  "I will bring meaning to this name. I will be the Creation Hero, Genesis."

    Izuku looked up and grinned at her. That name was defintely accurate.

    Another person came up.

    Mineta, "Grape Rush!"

    Fumikage went next, "The Jet Black Hero, Tsukuyomi." He announced.

    "The God of The Night." Midnight said appreciatively.

    Hakagure came up, she raised her board up and exclaimed "The Stealth Hero! See Through!"

    "All right! That only leaves you four, Bakugou, Iida, Todoroki and Midoriya." She said, pointing to each of them in turn.

    "I shall go, Miss Midnight!" Iida exclaimed, a hand raised.

    He walked, as stiff as ever, to the podium and proudly presented his name.

    "The Speed Hero! Mercurius!"

    Midnight nodded, "Todoroki..?"

    The boy nodded.

    He walked slowly, like molecules of ice.

    "The Ice Hero, Iceshot." Todoroki said when He reached the podium.

    Izuku felt irked by this.

    He knew why.

    He sighed, and thought of his Quirk.

    One. For. All.

    Such a powerful and destructive quirk, The product of Nine generations of fear and hate.

    Nine. If you included him.

    'A crystallization pure unbridled power. Unbridled, sure. But I'm giving you the leash and you're here to learn the art, of reigning it in.'

    That was what All Might had said, The Art of Reigning it In.

    He understood that.

    What he didn't was Todoroki.

    Midoriya knew about the fire, It wasn't a hundred percent guarantee, but just having one side of his body manipulate Ice was... wrong.

    It completely went against the laws of Alvin D. Schlippe, a French, Quirk Theorist.

    They had called quirks, 'pouvoir', if he remembered correctly.

    Anyway, Schlippe had stated in one of his papers called, Les Règles Du Pouvoir, Or the Rules of Might.

    It had said,

    'One's Povoir has limits, like any human limb or part. One of these limits are the Rules of Might. For one, When an infant with a quirk factor is born, The body grows to accomodate for this, some using special mutations like multiolored hair or skin.

    Our Povoir relies on these mutations, resulting in balanced mind and body. Of course,  Privation de Povoir is a different story.

    Therefore, an unbalanced Povoir is a Povoir that does not and can never exist.'

    By these rules, no--Laws of Nature, Todoroki could only exist if he had some heat quirk.

    Then, Izuku had seen Todoroki thaw ice with his right hand.

    Midoriya recalled All Might's words.

    But this was not 'Reigning it In'. This was 'Restraining and Detaining'.

    And not in the good way.

    Bakugou waited, Izuku knew what he was doing, she stared at her board, glancing at Izuku for a second.

    He made his way to the podium and rubbed the back of his green head.

    "The Ninth. Dekiru." There was some confusion at this.

    "I get the Dekiru part, but what's with the 'The Ninth' part?"

    "It's probably because it's in his name. You know, the 'ku'?"

    "Y--yep." He replied, looking nervous.

    Bakugou narrowed her eyes at him.

    Midnight looked at her. "Bakugou?"

    She grunted.

    Bakugou made her way to the podium.

    She slammed the board down and glared.

    "Woah! That's a manly name Bakubro!"

    That would usually hurt, but after seeing him call Uraraka manly... It hit different.

    "Agreed! It fits!" Uraraka said, pumping her fists in the air. Her expression was different. More determined She guessed.

    So, when Midnight started announcing a new assignment, she sat back down and listened.

    She smiled internally.

    Izuku knew what he was doing.

    Because while her name could be literal.

    She preferred to take it a step, and so...

    The Sports Festival would not only be literal...

    It would also be...

    Ground Zero, for a New Age of Heroes.

    And it would all start with them.

    And her.

    And Her.

    >I'll do it.

                                                                              hELL yES!<

    Izuku didn't expect to be holding a a little kid, and running away from a Yakuza member too.

    Two Hours Earlier

    Izuku decided to take a break with those new Hero Suit designs.

    The assignment was to create new designs, because while they wouldn't use them in the sports festival... She said that they should be worried about what was going to happen after.

    So they left them a bunch of references for materials, that the Support Department would be able to use for the Hero Uniforms

    So Izuku decided instead to take a run.

    He was passing by an alleyway when a girls--about Tomo's age--crashed in to him.

    She stumbled back.

    Izuku held her still.

    "You okay?" He asked, with a reassuring grin on his face--atleast, what he hoped was reassuing because the girl had tears--as he kept his arms steady.

    She whimpered.

    Izuku picked her up and held her tightly, in the warmth of his body.

    Then, he heard footsteps.

    He held her tighter, as his Dangersense went off the charts.

    There was danger.

    Danger.

    Danger!

    Izuku took a step back as the man came into view.

    Danger!

    He wore a white facemask, and dark grey work shirt.

    Danger!

    Izuku stepped back even further, as his arms and legs glowed with lightning.

    The man looked apprehensive, but he kept forward.

    "Ah, I see you found my niece. Come on Eri." His voice was rough, but measured.

    Izuku tensed.

    Danger!!!

    This man was no uncle.

    "N--not a chance." Midoriya stuttered.

    "Yer getting on my nerves kid." He replied, a dangerous edge to his voice.

    "So--So what? I don't remember asking." Izuku shot back,  He was afraid, and his Dangersense hadn't been helping.

    "Hand. Her. Over." The man growled.

    "Never." Izuku grit his teeth. He needed to run. This man was dangerous.

    He didn't know anything about him, and God, he couldn't afford to lose.

    So he stepped back even further, as The Man flexed, and Shards of Crystal burst from his skin. Ripping his shirt up.

    Eri began sobbing in his arms,  her horn--which had gone unnoticed until now-- grew longer.

    He didn't care about that. So, he revved up to 100% on his left, and...

    Punched.

    A hurricane of wind and pressure knocked the Man a few metres, and pain shot up Midoriyas arm, only to...Heal?!

    It was, completely fixed.

    But his Dangersense was telling him something.

    LET GO!

    LET GO!

    DANGER!

    His--his hair. It was growing longer!

    Fuck.

    Was it a Growth quirk?

    No.

    It couldn't be a Heal quirk, those took a lot of energy. On either party, but she still kept going!

    Fuck Fuck.

    It's--Rewind!

    She must be Reversing my body, to an earlier point in time!

    It couldn't have been, but right now it was the only possibility.

    Besides, One For All was weirder.

    He charged up 100% again, but this time, on his whole body.

    He felt his bones breaking as the man rushed towards him.

    His body could--Gone.

    Midoriya kept going, it would be fine.

    He rushed the man, and punched the air once more.

    His opponent was knocked back as pain shot up and disappeared.

    100% On his legs!

    He jumped, and he felt the cement cracking, and his bones exploding with the effort of holding all of that power inside.

    He reached a rooftop, and Izuku looked at Eri and smiled. "It's going to be okay." He said.

    She continued to sob, so Izuku held her as tight as he could.

    Breaking his bones, again.

    And again.

    And again.

    They had been on the roof for  a few hours, and the girl had finally calmed down enough to fall asleep.

    He breathed a sigh of relief.

    Midoriya looked around, and noticed his location.

    This was the rooftop he talked to All Might!

    He chuckled.

    This was... an interesting coincidence.

    Izuku chuckled again, as he stood up, and held the girl--Eri--tight.

    He walked to the door, as Eri woke up.

    She startled.

    "Shh... It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." She eyed the bandages on her arms.

    "Wh--who are you--mi--mister?" She looked clise to crying.

    "My name's Izuku Midoriya, and I want to be a hero!"

    She looked up at him. "I--I wanna be a her--hero t--too." She stuttered out, looking almost... afraid to say it.

    "Well guess what?" He asked.

    She looked up at him, suprised at the warm smile she recieved

    "I think... You would be an amazing hero." Izuku said.

    He smiled at her as her already wide eyes widened even further.

    She hugged him tightly.

    And, as always... Izuku didn't mind.

    He walked towards the Apartment Complex they were living in.

    Midoriya was still wary, his eyes narrowed and alert.

    Someone rounded a corner, and Izuku tensed.

    Koichi was honestly a little suprised. He was a full blown hero now, after all.

    Team Idaten had taken him in, and He still couldn't believe someone as nice as Tensei Iida could exist.

    Haimawari grinned to himself, the suit snug on his body.

    They were told to patrol Mustaufu, after a few reports of some Yakuza activity.

    They would follow protocol and call in whatever suspicious activity they might come across.

    Koichi turned a corner to see Midoriya Izuku, and a girl. About six or seven, she was hugging him pretty tight.

    "Izuku?" He asked, a little suprised.

    "Koichi?! Y--You're Slider?"

    He grinned a little wider at that. "Got it in one kid. Honestly, I'm a little suprised myself."

    "Why are--Oh!" Izuku pulled out a notebook and pen, "can I get another signature? From Slider?"

    Haimawari laughed. "Of course!" He took the notebook as Izuku finshed turning the pages.

    It was another drawing of him, except this time he was in his Slider outfit.

    It was a baggy blue jumpsuit, with black and white stripes all over. A mask adorned his face ever - smiling face.

    The bluenette turned to him.

    "Izuku-san? Who's he?" She asked

    Izuku-San looked at her, a smile on his face. "He's a Hero!"

    Her eyes widened as she turned to him. "Hello Hero-San!"

    He chuckled.

    "Koichi? Do you--" Midoriya breathed in. "Could you help me adopt her?"

    "What? You're gonna have to explain! I need to know."

    Izuku looked hesistant. "I think... She might have been experimented on by the Yakuza."

    Koichi's eyes widened in turn.

    "How?" He asked, not trusting himself to speak further.

    So, he told him, about the circumstances leading up to... this.

    'The guy with the Gem quirk... Yu Hojo right?' Himaiwari stared, and he sighed in exasparation.

    "I'll help, but after this patrol. Ingenium... might help you. No promises."

    Midoriya's face broke out into a grin.

    "Thank you Koichi-San!" He said, As Slider walked away.

    "Good bye Hero-San!"

    'Hero-San huh?'

    He could get used to that.

    Inko Midoriya was a lawyer, it had good pay, and the agency she worked at was lax enough to allow time with her son.

    She would have little to no freetime when a case came up, sure. But it was worth it.

    They had alot of money saved too, and she could theoretically stop working for a month without pay and keep everything the same.

    Not like she was gonna stop of course.

    Inko was prepared for a lot.

    Just not this.

    In Izuku's lap, sat an adorable six year old. With pale blue hair and red eyes, and a lone horn on her left forehead.

    She was wearing Izuku's old All Might onsie, while Izuku himself wore his Midnight one.

    It was an aorable image, and she couldn't resist snapping a photo.

    "Izuku dear? Who is this?" Inko asked.

    Izuku turned to her, and brethed in slowly. "Mom... I need to tell you something."

    Her son began to explain, he explained how Eri was apparently experimented on with the Yakuza, how a Hero, would help them with adoption...

    "But, dear... We can't." She said, when he had finished.

    Izuku looked devistated. "Right now mom, I'm the only one she trusts. I couldn't live with myself if I let her go to an orphanage." He glanced at her. "She--She doesn't even remember how to smile!" He said, hoplessly.

    Eri turned to her, her eyes too big for her head. She looked fragile and dainty.

    She sighed.

    "All right, okay. We'll try." They were lucky, she had just been given monetary leave, apparently, she was working too hard.

   Izuku relaxed. She looked at Eri's face once more.
"Don't worry dear, we'll find a way to get your smile back."

    Izuku smiled at her.

    Three days later, Inko was given custody of Eri.

You made it this far huh?
All right.
Here's your prize?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.2K 37
Everyone thinks Izuku is quirkless... even himself. When All Might crushes Izuku's dreams of becoming a hero, Izuku shuts himself into his house for...
441K 11.4K 39
This is the story of Izuku Midoriya otherwise known as Dekiru! Izuku meets All Might three years earlier than UA and this leads to him gaining OFA so...
1.6K 99 16
In the world Izuku lived in, having super powers were totally natural. These super powers were also known as 'quirks'. Being born as one of the few q...
256K 6.4K 31
Izuku MIdoriya is known to be quirkless. Well, that's what other people thought about him. They just didn't know that he was a late bloomer. Being to...