Billionaire's Cheating Fiancé...

By AlaynaTSymmes

'I quit.' I feign calm, barely masking the shaking behind. 'I will do part time jobs for the rest of my life... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PREFACE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 14

317 30 34
By AlaynaTSymmes

#BlackLivesMatter
First of all, let's give standing honour to all the people who are outside doing protests even in the middle of pandemic, risking their lives. Just stay safe guys.

It's sad how even in year 2020, we have to work against prejudice and skin colour. I don't know when we'll start appreciating people's various skin tone, when we'll realise all the colours are beautiful and that's what make the world vibrant and us human.

Let's be more accepting of people different than us, have different belief, different ideas, different skin tone, different everything.

It doesn't not matter who you are. Your life matter.
- - -

'Where were you last night? I called you like fifty times.' I hollar at the line as soon as Ian receives my call. Putting him on speaker, I blow dry my hair.

'Damn Sia, calm down.' Ian groans. 'It's barely six in the morning.'

'You don't get to complain. Both of you left me alone in that club.' I remind him.

'You weren't alone. Lana was with you and I left you my car keys.' He yawns.

'No.' I frown. 'I thought Lana was with you? Check her room.'

'I'm- er' He hesitates. 'I can't. I'm not at home. I'm sorry, Sia. I really thought you were with Lana.' I hear shuffling on his side. He appears more awake. 'Did something happen? Are you ok?'

'Nothing serious.' My voice turns high, accusatory. 'Are you with a girl? Was that why you left your best friend alone?'

'No.' He replies quickly. 'That wasn't the reason.' He sighs. 'Last night, Lana was with me but um- I got a call. I had to leave. I'm at one of my friend's.' He pauses, remembering something. 'Hey, what did you mean by nothing serious?'

'Like I said nothing you should worry about.'

'What are you not telling me, grumpy head? I'm coming.'

'You don't have to. I'm going to office early today. You should worry about Lana. Where'd she gone off to? I'm calling her.'

'Don't worry about her. She's alright. You tell me what happened last night.'

I furrow my brows. 'How do you know if she's ok or not? Have you talked with her?' I ask, completely disregarding his question.

'I didn't.' He seems to fumble to find the right words. 'I mean, why shouldn't she be?' He laughs nervously.

Something is off.

'Anyway, I'm calling her. Bye.'

Lana receives on the third ring. 'Why're you calling me at this ungodly hour?' Her voice is muffled, laced with sleep. 'Whatever you want to say, just tell Ian.' She cuts the call.

I roll my eyes at her antics. Any hour before twelve p.m. is ungodly to her.

'Why're you calling me again.' She whines.

'Don't cut the call.' I warn her. 'How could you leave me alone last night?'

'Oh, don't be so overdramatic.' I could picture her flipping me off with her hand. 'You weren't alone. You were with Ian and you had his keys.'

'I was not.' I grit my teeth in frustration. What is with these two? 'So you just left with Fred? You didn't even feel like telling me that you were leaving?'

'You weren't? And who said anything about Fred? I'm not with him.'

'Both of you left without telling me anything. I called you like hundred times. You could have at least texted me that you were going home.'

'So what?' She snaps. 'You aren't a kid who can't go home. It's not like you got mauled or anything.'

What? She has no idea how close she is hitting home. I can not believe my ears let alone form a sentence. We fall silent, both of us unwilling to break it.

'God Sia.' She sounds apologetic. 'I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I didn't mean that, you know that right?'

'You are right, I can go home. It's not like I need anyone. I was just worried if something happened to you. But I know now, I shouldn't have.' I say dryly.

'I'm so sorry. I know It's no excuse but I'm just-' She stops. 'I'm stressed over a few things and blurted it out. I don't even know what I said. Forgive me?' She sounds anxious.

She is stressed! Why don't I have any clue about this? We normally tell each other everything.

I don't comment as I know, she will tell me when she is ready. I exhale. 'You're forgiven.'

She breaths a sigh of relief.

'Why did you leave?'

'I- um I got a call from a friend. I had to leave. I'm at her's.'

'Which friend?' I know everyone she is acquainted with. She is beating around the bush. Something is definitely wrong.

'Mia.'

Ian and Lana, both of them got calls from their supposed 'friends' and it was so urgent they completely forgot to tell me that they were leaving! Lana does not even like Mia and she stayed at her house.

These two. Can they be any more similar? Both of them are lying through their teeth and even their excuses are same!

I decide to let them be for now and wait for them to come clean. So I change the topic.

'Lana, I got a help from someone yesterday. It'd be rude not to thank him properly. What should I do?'

I could not sleep at all last night. I stared at my ceiling till 3 a.m., replaying what happened at the club, horrifying at the though of what would have happened if Caden did not stepped in, in time.

Even though he said that he would have done that for anyone and it was nothing special, it did not change the fact that he did help me.

I am beyond grateful and it was after I came home that I realise that among all the drama, I did not even thank him.

'Did he help you with something big?'

'Kinda.'

'Who's the guy?'

'Just someone from my office.' I evade her question. No need to get her all worked up.

'Give him a treat or something then.'

'What?' I choke on air. Treating Caden with lunch or dinner! I choke again. He would definitely appreciate it. In his nightmare.

'What? No need to be that horrified. It's not like you're taking him on a date.' I hear her brushing her teeth. 'Hmm. It's not a bad idea though. How does he look?'

Oh Lana, you have no idea. 'Lana, be serious for once. I'm not gonna date him. I can't give him any treat either.' I sigh. 'We're not that close.'

I hear the water running. 'Fine. Party pooper.' She rinses her mouth. 'Give him a small gift then, as appreciation.'

It is a good idea and if he was any other person, I would absolutely do that without any second thought, except giving Caden any type of gift would be the worst mistake I could make.

He will totally misinterpret it and let's not forget the fact that will never accept it.

I do not want to give him wrong impression. He already has enough of that. Besides, I do not want to give him any sort of gift anyway when he is set on destroying my life.

I will be only going to concentrate on my job and forget he was ever involved.

'Thanks.' I look at the time on my phone. I have to leave in thirty minutes if I want to catch the bus. 'I've got to go. Bye.'

'See ya. Bye.'

- - -

'Hey, Carla.' I stand on the other side of Caden's office, opposite to his assistant's table.

Tucking some stray hair behind my ear nervously, I exchange the twelve pack chocolate bar from my right hand to left.

I ended up buying chocolate. After deliberating in my head for my entire ride to office about whether I should thank him or not, I bought chocolate, cursing my programmed mannered mind. Sometimes, I really hate my conscience.

So yeah, chocolate. It is nothing extravagant, very inexpensive, I bought it from the office cafeteria, and impersonal. I console myself thinking that.

'Sia, hey.' She offers me warm smile. 'I heard you filled in for me that day. I never got to thank you for that. Thanks.'

'It was nothing.' I smile, some of my tension fading away. 'I was here for barely a few hours, not even a full day.'

'Even so. So what can I do for you?'

'Um- Is Mr. Davis in his office? Can I go in?'

'Of course. Let me call him up.'

'Sure.'

'You can go in.' She says a minute later.

Taking a deep breath, I knock on his door twice and hear a dim come in.

'Ms. Thompson, good that you've come. I was about to tell Carla to call for you.' He looks away from his laptop and at me.

He was going to ask for me! I think curiously.

'Please take a seat.' He indicates towards the chair opposite to him.

Fidgeting on the chair, I tuck strands of hair behind my ear again, a nervous habit I picked on since childhood.

'I'm actually here to say thank you for last night.' Here goes nothing.

'I told you it was nothing special.' He leans on his chair. 'No one deserves that kind of behaviour. Not even the likes of you.' He looks noticeably in good mood. The small cut on his lips not visible much.

I wince. Not even the likes of me, God. His opinion of me is on all the time low. It strings.

'I know you said that you would've done that for anyone. But still. I really appreciate it.' I put the chocolate bar on the table.

He narrows his eyes upon seeing this. 'I don't like chocolate.'

'But that's your favourite!' I blurt out without any thought and realise my mistake afterwards.

I should not be remembering my ex boyfriend's food habits with whom my relationship ended long ago and most definitely should not have subconsciously bought his favourite chocolate, particularly when I am strongly trying to believe that I have no feelings for him now.

But I could never forget it even if I try, specially when it involves me.

- - -

Song for this chapter- Memories by Maroon 5.

Hey, guys. Long chapter. Longest I have written so far. Hope you liked it. 😊

What do you think will happen next? Is she really going to attend that charity event? Do you think Sia's giving Caden chocolate was a stupid idea? ( I think it was!)

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE. You have no idea how much it encourages me.

Stay safe. Lots of love.
- Alayna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
13.9K 182 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
498K 13.3K 48
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
52K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...