Log Horizon: Alien Chronicles...

By Auto-nin

-Updated on Fridays- On the day the twelve expansion, Homesteading in the Noosphere, of Elder Tales launched... More

Ch.1 Edited
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch. 18
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch. 21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch.25
Ch.26
Ch.27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch.30
Ch.31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35
Ch.36
Ch.37
Ch.38
Ch. 39
Ch.40-Epilogue

Ch.17

231 4 0
By Auto-nin

Authornote: Well, this is the last chapter for the week-long update. Next week, Alien Chronicles returns to it's weekly update schedule. Hope you all have a Happy New Year as next chapter is Jan. 2. Auto out!

I hope this guy know what he is doing. Naruko thought as they walked out of the city. Just as the mage Shiroe predicted, ten people had cut off their retreat route back to the city. All shadowing them from behind as they kept on moving forward. Naruko moved closer to Serara to help the young girl with the intense murderous intent in the air.

If only this was not my body now. Naruko put her hand on the girl's shoulder, stopping her from trembling. It did not help that each step the group made away from the city, Brigandia's men closed in a little more and began to encircle the group. I would love to rip these guys to shreds... For once I agree. Naruko sighed, putting her hands on her own weapon, an oddly bandaged tome, as they were completely encircled. She was fighting her own fear down with each step. This is the worst situation possible. If I draw attention away from Serara… Yeah. Use a Earth jutsu to block their path and she could escape. Naruko thought, studying the surroundings and making plans within her mind.

"Here should be fine." Naruko looked at Shiroe who spoke quite slightly. That is, before he raised his voice. "Which of you is... Er, Demi-glace?"

Is this guy suicidal? Naruko thought, just as shocked at the men surrounding them. An open challenge AND insulting the bad guy? How are we going to escape when you put the guy in a berserk fury?... Even I would not have the balls to do that...Naruto-kun? Naruko looked at Las Boss who was smirking. She could literally feel the excitement coming off the child turned man.

"Now, Shiroe-chi, asking something so loudly is quite rude, nya." Nyanta said, pointing towards the leader. "I know the one that is him! He is the excessively huge man over yonder there, nya. Hey, Demikas!" Naruko watched as the huge man appeared, a Monk from what people called him.

But, that is no monk. At least even the zombie priest had some religions morals, even with being twisted into a killing machine. Naruko thought, remembering the various monks of the world she knew. He's as big as my old body... Indeed. He is quite fierce like me, but at least I have manners.

"So, you're the flies that have been bothering... Lassy," Demikas looked at Las Boss. A bit of fear on the man's face to Naruko's own shock.

So, that's the plan. Naruko looked at Las Boss. Shiroe-san knew these guys were afraid of Naruto-kun for no reason… Yes! With him, we-

"Ah! This will indeed be a good show!" Las Boss had a sick chime to his voice. "Don't mind me, Demikas. I am here to watch the show. Nothing more nothing less,” Las Boss smiled, looking straight at Demikas. “Well, unless you bring out more guild members. Then I can have a bit of fun at slaughter while also watching this show to add to my own enjoyment."

"Is that right?" Demikas asked, getting back the courage in his voice quickly.

"In fact, to prove it. Shiroe, can we trade weapons. I think your itty bitty staff won't do much good, so this will be all the help you get from me."

"Never expected any from you to begin with." Naruko was unable to keep her jaw from dropping. She watched as Las Boss pulled out a whip like object before spinning it and it became a spear. Shiroe had a staff appear from his cape. They threw the two weapons at the other and caught the others' weapon. "I am shock you are even trading weapons with me. There is a possibility I will lose this battle and lose it."

"Nah. One of the toys I am after will easily replace that old weapon of mine. Plus, your staff is alright for payment if you do die. I just want to see bloodshed and action!" Las Boss walked out of the circle, the men giving way to the man. He took the traveling chest off his back and sat on it like a seat. He then leaned against the staff, his arms covering the top of it as he relaxed with a grin of delight."The brute of a villain versus a villain becoming a wanna-be hero. Now this is an event I would usually pay to see, but I am getting to see it for free!”

Looks after comrades' backs, my ass! Naruko thought, though keeping her fury under control. She had stayed focus on the situation to make sure Serara at least escaped if things did not go their way. I guess Nyanta-san does not know Naruto-kun as much as he did.

"As always, you're such a cruel man, Boss-chi, nya" Nyanta chuckled. "And, to correct you, Demikas, that would be just me, nya. And it's not a fly, but a cat, nya." Naruko was just dumbfounded as Nyanta teased the man with a mature, charming tone. "Recklessness is the way of the young. Tolerance is the beauty of adulthood. But there is such a thing as going too far, nya." A chill went down Naruko's spine with the hint of killer intent so well hidden by the werecat.

Amazing. Being in such control of his body? Naruko thought, This world is indeed broken. Naruko remembered waking up in this world.

The current world in Naruko's eyes was broken and twisted. But this one man next to had showed her otherwise. Even a dangerous ninja like herself found herself being repeatedly killed over and over again. Only to revive at the Cathedral and face the fact all the skills and training she had been mostly useless in this body and world she was now in. It was set even worse to being useless after discovering what is was like to be a victim.

The only thing I can do now is make sure Serara-chan escapes this hell. Naruko thought, even though she was feeling sick with fear. Just seeing all the men surrounding them was giving her minor vertigo.

"What did you say, Mongrel?" Demikas growled, glaring at the cat. All his fear from before gone, replaced with confidence and an evil grin.

"I will go straight to the main point, nya.  Listen carefully, Demikas, you have crossed the line. Since you planned to PK, this will save some time. Reigning in children who strayed too far beyond the line is also the obligation of elders. Come on, I will fight you One-on-One, nya." Nyanta taunted the man.

I see... This is a very risky gamble. Naruko thought, realizing Shiroe’s real plans. Beat the leader and hit the moral of this unorganized mob. Naruko noticed Shiroe seemingly studying something and guessed it was his menus in his head. She could also see many flaws within his plan  and trying to think up her own back-up plans with now that fact stuck into her mind.

"Hah! Ridiculous! Why should I fight on your terms? Don't you see my ten buddies over here?" Demikas laughed at them.

"Sorry to interrupt, uh... Ah, Delicious!" Shiroe interrupted the laughter. He got a well earned glare of fury from the Brigandia guild master. "It doesn't have to be you. I'd prefer you in the gray robes." Shiroe pointed at Londark. "Isn't that an artifact drop from the Fire Lizard's cave? You seem stronger, so we would be okay with you instead of the Monk before us. It would be more satisfying for both of us if we have the strongest fighters settle things. Let's challenge the mage, Chief Nyanta." Shiroe said, his tone oddly lifeless and bored.

"You heard of me? Londark of Gray Steel?" Shiroe nodded at Londark. "Still dare to challenge me?"

"Correct, nya." Nyanta answered, pulling his twin rapiers out. He stood in a stance Naruko never seen before. One blade was before him, but the other was behind his back pointing the same way. Naruko was not the only one confused as the men around them and Serara was confused as well as surprised. She watched as the group was divided between looking at the mage Londark while others looked at Demikas's reaction.

Ah! That's the point! Naruko thought, realizing the exact situation that Shiroe and Nyanta was taking advantage of. I knew this was not a united group... But, to think there are almost two sides. Naruko thought, understanding why they were egging on the supposed leader. Some follow the tactician while others follow the brute leader. They don't have full control, but Londark is fine with Demikas having his way of things, hence never a problem before.

Naruko frowned. But, that also means the instant we take down one of them in a one-on-one battle, the other will retaliate. Naruko ran through her own head how to possibly take down both, but could not think of any means from what she figured with how fighting works in this world.

Most of her jutsu she used had been reduced to being either mostly meaningless or highly restricted to the point using it now was too risky. She was useless as her Enchanter class that the other people have told her it was. At best, if she used up all her MP, she could cast a strong illusion to allow them a chance to escape. But, that would only work for a short while and Brigandia would surely catch up to them on foot.

"Londark-san of Gray Steel. So you have a nickname." Shiroe nodded as he spoke. " We would prefer to fight you instead of... Ah, Doggie-kas-san." Shiroe smirked, Naruko recognizing the expression. She saw it on Naruto-kun's face many times while Naruko was investigating him in the old world. "The Swashbuckler Chief Nyanta, here, will be your opponent. We won't run away, so let us duke this out."

"Let's begin. Judging from your equipment, you are a top-class mage, nya? Deciding things with a one on one match should be your style, nya?" Nyanta smirked at the mage and monk. "We can ignore the cowardly meatball Demikas here, who is too scared to fight himself, nya."

"Heh! Very well! I will fight you." Demikas said with a sneer while walking towards Nyanta. "A reckless bastard like you,” Demikas launched forward after pretending to walk forward to take the challenge. “I will use my fist and send you to the Cathedral!"  Naruko watched as Nyanta simply waited and dodged the punch at the last moment. He quickly moved his rapiers before him in a more attack ready stance than before.

"Wow, what a strong punch, nya." Nyanta laughed, mocking at Demikas.

"But the hit didn't land, so there is no damage, right?" Shiroe chuckled. "That aside, are you fine without your member's support? Demi-something-san." Shiroe shouted another mock as Demikas began his attack with two more punches.

"You're next! After I slaughter this old cat!" Demikas roared, his fury spilling over.

"Now, now, you need to get past me first, nya. I don't want to show the ladies unnecessary gory scenes, nya. If you want me to go easy, tell me quickly, nya."

"Outrageous!" Naruko watched as Demikas used a skill known as Phantom Step to close the gap between Nyanta and him. The two began what seemed to be a dance with Demikas throwing out consecutive left jabs and Nyanta parried many of them out of the way with his rapiers. Some punches still got past the werecat's defenses and hit with a thud. Though, she was amazed though at seeing a real fight, just like from her old world, in this odd world.

Amazing... It's almost like they are ninja like I was. However, the skills have to be triggered by the menus or hot keys as Serara showed me. To be able to keep fighting and doing that is far harder than just using handseals for jutsu... But, they already been trained in this because this was a game. Naruko thought, remembering what she learned from Serara and Nyanta.

The world they were standing in was originally a very complex game. A person would make an avatar and use it to play the game on a computer. They choose a class that would have skills they could use to fight. Demikas was a Monk, a supposed material artists that kept enemies on their toes with combos of attack at the cost of defense

He's keeping Nyanta-san from moving away. Naruko thought, seeing as Demikas even took advantage of his skills to stay close to the werecat where he could hit him. But, if I remember. Nyanta is a Swashbuckler.

"Nyan nyan!" Nyanta chimed, changing his stance and going on the offensive. His rapiers dancing like birds and hitting the Monk with multiple stabs. Each stab quickly beginning to break off his equipment and leaving wounds akin to ice picks. "I can see your hairy legs, nya."

Swashbucklers can use bad status to decrease the strength of people or worsen their weaknesses, as Nyanta told me when I asked.The Swashbuckler’s strength is their attack speed, allowing near constant combos like the Monk. Naruko watched as Demikas face turned black and red in fury. Nyanta did not let up his rapiers piercing through Demikas' limbs with deadly accuracy. All the while moving out of the way of Demikas attacks, which were becoming slower and sloppier. He's like me... Yeah, except I like my fights to never start to begin with. Naruko looked at the once grinning Brigandia members, expecting their leader to win. They were slowly becoming rowdy. Some had fear in their eyes at the thought of Demikas losing. Others were happy, possibly wanting to see Demikas' defeat. Seems the mindset of this lawless place of the strong ruling does not spare even leaders.

"Stop jumping around, you bastard, and fight me fair and square!" Demikas sneered.

"Coming from you, 'fair and square' sounds like a bastardization of our fair language." Nyanta taunted as Naruko managed to menus up to see the whole party.

Even though Nyanta now has control over the battle, Demikas has more health. Naruko thought, frowning at the situation with seeing the basic status bars above the two fighters. The other Brigandia members were ready to join the battle with seeing the turn in the battle.

Nyanta-san would not be able to last even a second if that happened. Naruko thought before glaring at Shiroe seeing him tap Serara's shoulder, snapping the girl out of her fear.

"When I give the signal, I want you to cast Elixir on Serara, Naruko. Serara, cast a healing spell on everyone the second after that." Shiroe said, his soft spoken voice barely audible over the fight before them.

"On everyone?" Serara asked while Naruko raised an eyebrow. She pulled out her tome, the scales under the bandages shivering slightly.

I know you're worried, Samehada. It's hard to fight when you're a book instead of a sword to rip people apart. Naruto thought, looking through her menu. She saw the spell Elixir and waiting for the signal. I really hope this works, whatever you are planning, Shiroe-san. All I keep seeing is our deaths here.

Demikas made the order to charge Nyanta, Naruko was actually shock the crowd hesitated for a moment before charging forward to assist their leader. Naruko was ready to protect Serara, expecting to give the girl time to run. Before a blur of gray skidded to a stop in between them and the charging forces.

"Anchor Howl!" A man in full armor howled while glowing green and hitting his shield with his sword. The eight Brigandia members stopped and focused on the man.

He stopped them? Naruko thought in shock. She did not know what 'Anchor Howl' did, but the warriors now turned their blades on the armored man.

"They're going to kill him!" Serara gasped before Shiroe held out his staff.

"Heal everyone now!"

"Elixir!" Naruko shouted, casting the spell Shiroe asked her to do. She was shocked to find Serara suddenly glowing green.

"Heartbeat Healing!" Serara shouted, unleashing green light onto Nyanta and the armored man. Naruko looked on her menus, seeing that the HP for both were slowly going up, but their HP was still being chipped away faster than being recovered. "I can't keep this up! My level isn't high enough!" Serara cried, trying to bear the pain.

That's right! That level number affects our stamina and strength! Naruko thought, looking through her spells in hope of seeing something to help the young girl. If Serara-chan cannot keep up her healing, we are done for!

"Don't worry about our Guardian. Focus on healing Nyanta." Naruko looked at Shiroe. He had still had a calm expression. "Calm down and watch our allies HP. If you can't do something, then don't. Focus on doing what you can."

"Right." Serara focused back on Nyanta that Naruko noticed Demikas was being healed by the healers near Londark. His legs were still wounded, but he had enough healing to the arms to focus on giving the werecat damage. It was easily enough to outpace Serara's healing, even with the boost of Elixir that seemingly was raising the power of the little Druid's healing spells.

"What's this? What can you do with your toy swords!" Demikas laughed. Naruko could tell his arrogance came from realizing he would surely be the victor now. Once the Guardian as Shiroe called him was dead, so was the rest of the group.

"How rude. Rapiers are the weapons of gentlemen, nya." Nyanta said, still calm and composed.

"I'll shut your cocky mouth up! Look! Your warrior friend is about to go down!" Demikas pointed at the Guardian. Naruko looked at the Guardian's stats, finding he was part of the party and his name was Naotsugu.

Naotsugu was down to two thousand four hundred HP. He was in the red, yet was still calm and parrying blows with his shield. Holding his ground to keep the other members from hitting Nyanta and the others. Everyone suddenly heard two explosions, shocking all of the Brigandia members and Serara.  "What the?" Demikas looked back at Susukino, seeing two plumes of smoke from the North and South sides, just outside the walls.

"Heh. Bushin Diabakuha. Packs quite a punch for a clone." Naruko chuckled, realizing exactly what had happened. The other Brigandia members had just attacked her clones. However, said clones were really walking bombs that exploded the instant its super low HP the clone has is taken out. That should bring down some of the numbers, but it probably just made the swarm furious at the wrong time. Naruko thought, now regretting doing her little revenge. “I think I have angered the nest.”

Naruko caught Shiroe suddenly adjust his glasses and spotted a well hidden smirk. “Exactly.” Naruko’s eyes widen, seeing one of Shiroe’s eyes had turned from black to a glowing light blue hue.

"That might not be so, nya." Nyanta chuckled while Shiroe let out a whistle. “Naotsugu-chi is a spelind tank.”

"Ready the spell!" Shiroe softly said to Serara who nodded.

"Right!" Serara answered, preparing another healing spell.

"Naruto! It's up to you! Castle of Stone!" Naotsugu roared, his whole body, armor, and even sword was shining gold except his right eye glowing blue. The instant the enemies tried to hit him, their weapons bounced off.

"What-What is this?"

"Just a bit more! Finish him off!"

"Take this! Assassinate!"

No way! He's not taking any damage? Naruko thought, trying to figure out what had just happened. Then she realized it. He had just increased his defense to negate the attacks. They have such skills here as well? Naruto thought before noticing an odd blue sheen now before her eyesight. “Nani?” Naruko gasp, looking around and trying to see what was causing the shift in her vision. Is someone causing a spell on me?

"Told you so, nya." Nyanta taunted Demikas. "Naotsugu-chi won't fall so easily."

Everyone linked? Naruko  blinked in shock, hearing Shiroe’s voice in her head.

Yep! Tank ready! The Guardian’s voice echoed in Naruko’s head.  Time for the butt-kicking festival to begin!

I am ready, too, nya. Nyanta answered, even though his mouth was close with stopping a blow from Demikas.

What is going on? Naruko thought, Am I going insane? I’m hearing voices in my head outside my own? Naruko thought, her eye twitching. Maybe she was really beginning to lose it with how the situation is going south. Or the fear finally making her paranoid.

Ah, oops, seems characters on my original network don’t get the little warning message. Naruko instantly recognized the voice and look back at Las Boss. He was standing up, holding Shiroe’s staff out. Just relax, Naruko. I rather not see what happens when I multi-box with an unwilling character. Only have Nyanta, Naotsugu, and Shiroe on so Shiroe can have all the status and views of the battlefield as the field monitor for this PvP match we are about to do. Las Boss grinned at her, the ground beneath him glowing.

“Multi-box? PVP match?” Naruko asked aloud before seeing Shiroe stamp his staff on the ground,

"Now, Serara! Cast all your healing spells on Naotsugu!" Shiroe roared, making the little Druid jump.

"Healing Wind!" Serara shouted unleashing green glowing winds at Naotsugu. She then added a Heal... Before the air suddenly became thick and heavy. A sensation that Naruko recognized in an instant with being filled with dread and fear.

"This is..." Naruko looked back at Las Boss, her eyes widen in terror with seeing red chakra bubbling around him.

"Force Summon: Surface!" Las Boss roared, a cloak of transparent red covering him. The tattoos over his body seemingly reflected in the red cloak as it formed a pair of long ears on his head and nine swinging tails behind his back. “Force Summon: Divide!”  

Naruko barely managed to look toward Naotsugu when the chakra cloak on Las Boss disappeared, leaving a dust cloud that obscures the man. All eight Brigandia members were torn apart with Naotsugu even being moved while glowing. All that was left was the blood and limbs that hit the glowing warrior and drip right off him.

"W-What is th-that?" Serara stuttered when mass of chakra skidded to a stop and looked at them.

"It’s… the Fox." Naruko said, wide eyed to be looking straight into glowing blues eyes as a human size of the very beast that attack Konoha twelve years gave her a cocky, inhumanely large grin full of sharp teeth of blue chakra. Wait, didn’t the fox have a name?... Why can’t I remember it?

Yatta! It work! Time for a three man team versus guild PvP! Las Boss’s voice rank through Naruko’s head. Kurama, I will be giving you directions to shot towards so you can enjoy this fight. Naruko, sorry to do this on short notice, but I am taking full control of your body.

Wait? Nani! Naruko thought, her body moving on its and following Las Boss towards the city. Right towards the rest of the Brigandia guild had began running through the West gate. Not good, not good! Even I won’t take on this many people at that level of strength at once in my old body!

Naruko watched the Kyuubi simply drove through them, purposely zigzagging to stay out of the city's zone. Forcing the huge group to divide into smaller ones. How is he controlling the fox?

No one’s control me! Stop clogging the link with negative thoughts and enjoy the fight! Naruko shivered, hearing a voice she did not recognized.

The Fox is sentient! Naruko thought, finding herself stopping along with Las Boss before one of the cut off groups. What are you doing? Naruko thought, trying to figure out why Las Boss threw seeds out.

“Overgrowth!” Las Boss shouted, glowing circles hitting the seeds and instantly surrounded the group of Brigandia with huge trees and brushes, shocking them.

He has the Mokuton!  Naruko thought before seeing her hands moving and opening her tome. I’m attacking?

“Pulse Bullet!” Naruko shouted unleashing a white bullet of energy at the men, hitting one of them.

“Ha! That’s-Dear lord!” The man shouted as even Naruko’s eyes widen as the mass barrage of white bullets came from her area and straight at the men, easily wiping out the first few men within seconds.

“She’s a Sprinkler! A shitty Sprinkler!” One of the men screamed before the dying and hitting the ground from last of the curtain hitting. Leaving nothing but a bloody mess of bodies around the trees.

How the hell I do that? Naruko thought, her body moving on its own again. In her daze, Naruko realized the Fox was purposely leading smaller groups to them which Las Boss used plants to trap before she unleashed more curtains of death, sometimes Las Boss joining in with spells of his own if her own couldn’t finish off the enemies. I can actually kill people in this world? I am not useless?

Hey. don’t knock down the Enchanter off so easily. Naruko’s eyes widened with hearing Shiroe’s voice. Alone, we are technically are. However, through hard work and a party, the Enchanter is a very potent class in its own right.

Though, you’re build is specialized in damage through rapid fighting spells, nya. Quite amazing Boss-chi discovered it while playing as your avatar. Nyanta added, still cheerful even with the grim situation as more Brigandia came from the city gate.

"I thought he was not going to fight!" Demikas roared, Naruko barely catching it as the Fox roared, killing several people who got too close to Las Boss and her. "He's too fucking powerful!"

"Serara! Focus your healing on Las Boss now! Elixir!" Shiroe shouted, casting his own spell on Serara, laying it over Naruko's.

"Healing Wind!" Serara shouted as she unleashed the spell with Naruko seeing Las Boss glow green.

“Cough!” Naruko gasped, seeing Las Boss hunch over with blood coming out of his mouth.

“Time’s up. Get the hell out of this situation, brat or else I will find out how to skin ya in there before I go!” Naruko looked before her to see the Fox dissolving leaving an orb that shot right to Las Boss. Las Boss caught it with his hand and it went back into his body. He leaned back his body slightly steaming as blood dripped down his neck from his mouth.

"Phhh." All of the Brigandia members stood their ground as Las Boss reached into his magic bag. He pulled out a potion and began to gulp it down right before them. "Ah! That hit-Oh! I got my voice back!" Las Boss chimed, while Naruko looked at his basic stats out of worry.

"Naruto-kun! Get out of here!" Naruko shouted, realizing Las Boss's HP was well under one thousand. His MP was also almost gone.

"Huh? Las Boss blinked at her in confusion before his eyes widen and glared at Naruko. “Don’t call me by that name!" Las Boss roared back and shooting a bird while all the other Briganida members realize his status. They charged right at him, thirsty for blood and revenge from the look in their faces.

"Karma Drive!" Shiroe shouted, causing a spell that made the enemies coming at them glow green and Naruko noticed some kind of four leaf clover icon next to the guild memebr’s health bar. The men were almost right on top of them, all heading to Las Boss to take him out first.

"Die!" One of the swordsmen swung at Las Boss. Only to be shocked when his blade run through due to Las Boss redirecting the attack. “How-” The man was silence with the bottom end of Shiroe’s staff jabbed straight through his throat.

"Checkmate." Las Boss chuckled before weaving and dodging through the attacks, killing the Brigandia members by simply redirecting their attacks till free of the mob.  Naruko found herself dodging attacks easily, casting Astral Hypnos and knocking people out with it. All while Las Boss's MP shot up dramatically with each kill.

"Double Cast! Servant Summon! Gray Wolf!" Las Boss shouted, two spell circles forming and two large gray wolves jumping out and attacking the guild members while Las Boss and Naruko gained more distance running backwards.

"Double Cast! Flaming Cage and Icicle Ripper!" Las Boss shouted for a cage of fire to block the front line and a barrage of ice fragments coming from the magic circle before his hand. And the ice exploding that hit the cage, surprising everyone as Las Boss was knocked onto his back along with Naruko barely managing to land on her rear end from the sudden burst. The remaining Brigandia retreated from the huge hole made into the ground.

"He's not human." Demikas said in utter shock at the destruction, allowing Naruko to gauge where she was at even though the ground was spinning for her.

"Et tetete... Ok... No more experimenting today..." Las Boss groaned, getting off his back and stumbling over to the group. The wolves disappearing as he snapped his fingers. "Note to self: new skill Double Cast works great with same spell. Not so much with different element spells."

“That was an experiment?” Naruko asked, horrified at the man. “What the hell do you call a normally functioning technique!”

"Your hacks are annoying." Shiroe sighed, watching as Las Boss grabbed the chest as Naruko and he got next to him and behind Naotsugu.

"Hey. They are fun. Heal." Las Boss said, casing his own healing spell on himself. "You need my help for anything else? At best, we got at least a couple of minutes before they figure out how to get around my crater. Oh, also glad to finally say a true hello in person. Howdy, Tentacle Fanatic. Nice to know you."

"Don’t even go there.” Shirioe sighed before looking back at Nyanta and Demikas. “Nope. Nyanta and Naotsugu will finish this now that you blocked off the rest and given us the time we need." Shiroe said, making Demikas smirked.

"Not if I don't have a say!" Demikas returned to attacking Nyanta, making Serara focus back on healing her.

"Lightning Chamber!" Londark shouted, a bluish purple pentagram appearing under where Shiroe, Serara, Las Boss, and Naruko was at.

"Yesh. Noob." Las Boss sighed, several rocks appearing where trio was at. They reappeared was standing out of the circle before it unleashed lightning in the pentagram. "You can't hit the far side of a barn, Lon-bark!"

"...You two must be brothers." Londark said, summoning a spell target bolt of lightning, trying to hit Las Boss who began dodging around the field away from the others. Shiroe focused back on Nyanta and Demikas's fight. Though, Naruko also saw Naotsugu used Anchor Howl again, becoming the aim of the magic team's attacks.

"Think it's about time, Shiroe-chi, nya." Nyanta managed to pull back some away from Demikas.

"Here we go, Chief!" Shiroe shouted, preparing his own attack. Demikas tried to kick Nyanta with upward kick to sweep the werecat away. However, Nyanta jumped into the air. He used the Monk's raised leg in mid kick as a platform to higher leap into the air.

"Thorn Bind Hostage!" Naruko watched as five silver thorn vines grabbed hold of Demikas. Naruko's eyes widen as Nyanta hold off for a few seconds before unleashing a barrage with his rapiers. If she had not been a train ninja, she would have not caught Shiroe's second cast of the vine spell that Nyanta hit all five new thorns after the other five was cut. Demikas roared in pain before hitting the ground, heaving as he only had one HP left.

Amazing... These people are the level of ninja back in the old world... A level I used to be at. Naruko looked at Shiroe before hearing the gasps and seeing the Brigandia Guild having gotten around the crater and saw the defeat of their leader. But, will we still be able to escape?

"Nyanta-san..." Tears came to Serara's eyes as she realized the situation as well.

"Put away your swords!" Naotsugu shouted, making the Brigandia members look at each other. There eyes instantly turned to where Naruko looked with hearing a scream. She was shocked to see the whole healing team down. Londark was kneeling on the ground, gripping the stump of his now missing arm. A young black hair girl was standing there, holding her blade against Londark's neck from behind.

"Simple amazing." Naruko let out a sigh of relief while looking at the party statuses. The girl pinning Londark was Akatsuki, one of Shiroe's party. She hid and prepared the finishing blow to the moral with taking out the second in command.

"No way... Just who are these people?"

"One is the monster Las Boss! The bastard's a demon!"

"Are they over level 90?"

"Could they be an elite team from another zone?" Naruko heard the talking between them members.

"We came through the Depth of Palm!" Shiroe stated, walking over to Demikas who barely managed to get of his back and trying to stand. "Akiba and this city are no longer so far apart as to prevent travel between them. We have obtained the maps and the means. You are finished causing this kind of trouble." Shiroe said in a cold, merciless tone.

"Shut up, Bastard!" Demikas growled at Shiroe. "I'll kill you!"

"Checkmate doesn't mean you've simply cornered the enemy king. It's a declaration that the enemy king is yours." Las Boss chuckled, kneeling down to Demikas eye level right beside Shiroe. "Though, I am amazed you brought my act earlier. Though, if you really want to do it, I don't mind." Las Boss laughed while winking at the dumbstruck Monk.

"You were acting, Lassy!" Demikas shouted, trying to charge at Las Boss.

"We won the battle." Shiroe simply stated, swinging Las Boss’s spear and lopping Demikas' head clean off his neck. The body flopped to the ground as Shiroe swung the spear to get the blood off. "For the remaining head, let's call it a draw." Shiroe nodded to the girl who killed Londark with a swift beheading with her own blade. A grimace on her face as she watched the body fall.

That works, Naruko held onto Serara who buried her face into Naruko's robes to not look. Shiroe's wicked gaze hit the Brigandia members who backed away. There is no way they will attack us now… They are masters of manipulating crowd of this size… Is there anyone who could do that in the old world?

"Yes!" Naruko sweated as Las Boss latched his arms around Shiroe's neck. "I got to say a line I always wanted to from No Game No Life!" Las Boss chimed happily, shaking Shiroe in the process.

"Please do not have your nerdgasm on me." Shiroe sighed, pushing the Druid off them. Naruko noticed Shiroe’s blue eye reverted back to black like the other eye of his.

"How can I n-ke ge-" Las Boss's voice suddenly gave out, shocking Naruko and Serara.

[Well, should have realized that would be temporary since it is incomplete.] Las Boss let out a sigh while shrugging, a glowing, semi-transparent green box appearing before him. [Shall we take our leave?]

"Of course. Before they change their minds." Shiroe said. Naruko blinked when Shiroe, Naotsugu, Nyanta, and Las Boss pulled out some kind of bamboo flute from their magic bags instead of preparing to run. All four blew on the whistles and an eagle cry filled the air.

"What is that?" Naruko asked, horrified at seeing odd creatures that were a cross of lion and eagle flying towards them and landing on the ground. She was still in shock and fear when the four men mounted to the strange creatures as if horses.

"Serara-san, come here, nya!" Nyanta sheathed his rapiers and guided Serara to his creature. He picked her up and helped her on the creature before he got onto the saddle. Shiroe helped the clearly ninja Akatsuki onto his creature.

"Huh?" Naruko blinked when Las Boss took her hand.

[Well, who would have ever thought I get to have a lovely griffon ride with my wife? It’s like the honeymoon all over again.] Las Boss grinned as Naruko blushed. A giggle escaped Naruko’s lips with realizing what Las Boss saying. She let Las Boss guide her to the flying creature that was his mount. He got on before holding out his hand to help her get onto the flying mount.

"Sure. I am in your hands, Naruto-kun." Naruko said as Las Boss helped her up onto the saddle. “Though, I thought you’re supposed to date someone before marriage? Or, since this body of mine was your character to begin with, you like pretending to be a couple to yourself?” Naruko laughed, while Las Boss smirked back at her. “Kind of sick husband if I say so.”

[Seems you’re enjoying yourself. Hold on tight.] Naruko quickly put her arms around Las Boss’s waist, not wanting to chance getting bucked off by a flying lion with an eagle head.

"Time to take off! We are getting out of here! Escape Festival!" The Guardian Naotsugu roared as the four flying creatures jumped into the air and flapped their wings. Naruko found herself staring at the ground as the Brigandia guild got smaller and smaller.

Naruko closed her eyes as they went through the clouds before looking towards the west once breaking through. "Amazing." Naruko gasped, seeing the evening sky as the sun was getting ready to set in a few hours. The sun was reflecting in the bodies of water below and the sky was several shades of colors.

"Heh." Naruko chuckled. She had always seen this same scene over and over again. Yet, she has never before seen the evening sky seem so rewarding and beautiful before. It seemed as if a weight that had been on her shoulders was falling off.

"Huh?" Naruko blinked, realizing tears coming from her eyes. She looked at Las Boss who gently smiled at her, making her blush at the show of comfort. She buried her head into his back. The tears kept falling as she felt free and clean of the filth that seemed to have been on her the whole time even if it was only in her mind. She actually was not feeling her skin crawl being next to a man. I’m free… I’m safe… I am not useless.

"Maybe... This world is not broken." She mumbled with a smile. Maybe she could give this crazy world a chance. A much needed second chance even with the very rough start to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51 4 33
The most powerful and advanced race in the chaos universe has sent its state-of-the-art research ship into space to search for inhabited planets and...
17.2K 639 13
Long ago there was once a powerful dark guild which Y/n was apart of it. He had no family, no friends or anyone he is related. He was taken since he...
67.3K 1.5K 70
Both Shiroe and Rinne are excited with Elder Tales' release of 12th expansion pack. However, during the release, more than 30 thousands of players 'e...
120K 5.7K 45
Lucy Caldwell suffered a disaster in her childhood - her house was burnt, which turned fatal for her parents. She grew up in a children's house toget...