He Taught Me How To Find Myse...

By GabbyBhengu

"You did Maths Ada, and you're smart. Langa and you are so fucking negative. Two negatives make a positive, s... More

He Taught Me How To Find Myself
Disclaimer
Chapter Editing
CAST
Playlist.
00: The High Life 📮
01: Ocean Views 📮
02: His Name Is Langa 📮
03: Taxi Rides📮
04: Her Name Is Charmaine 📮
05: Giving Up📮
06: Shisanyama📮
07: 21st Birthday Celebrations📮
08: Back to Square One📮
09: A Taste Of Freedom 📮
10: Awkward First Time📮
11: His Name Is Nathan📮
12: The President's Birthday 📮
13: Letting Go📮
*Langa's POV* 📮
15: Drunken Mistakes📮
16: Overeating 📮
17: His Name is Shawn📮
18: My Life Is In Order📮
19: History Repeats Itself 📮
20: Survival📮
21: He's Here 📮
22: The Hard Truth 📮
23: Safe Place 📮
24: Inhlawulo📮
25: Peace📮
26: Unexpected Visits.📮
27: Where It All Began.📮
28: Skipped A Beat📮
29: First Impressions📮
30: Her Name Is Mihlali 📮
31: Spur Of The Moment 🗳
32: His Name is Tumelo 🗳
33: Moving On 🗳
34: Taking A Risk🗳
35: City Views🗳
36 : Reconciliation🗳
37: Appreciation 🗳
38: Preparations. 🗳
39: Exposed 🗳
40: Exposed Part 2🗳
41: The One. 🗳
42: SURPRISE!!🗳
43: Friends That Are Family🗳
44: A Day With Mama🗳
45: Lunch Dates & Exes🗳
46: My Step Father 🗳
47: The Last Dinner 🗳
Teaser

14: The Mthethwas📮

853 91 3
By GabbyBhengu

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

I woke up with a pounding headache in a room I was not familiar with. The ceiling was decorated with stick-on stars and the bed was twice as big as mine if not thrice.

"Lay down sweetheart" I heard a voice. It startled me and I rose too fast which resulted in me wincing because of the pains I was feeling in my head.

"I'll go get you a Panado" he said standing up. The man looked familiar but I didn't want to speak, too afraid that this is a dream.

A couple of minutes later, the man walked back in with a glass of water with the pill in his hand

I shook my head as he tried to give me the pill in his hand. I am not taking that, it could be some drug that's designed to kill me for all I know

The man sighed and placed the glass of water along with the pill on the night stand.

"Trust me" he said grabbing a hold of my hand. His hands were huge and warm, but they were also safe.

I took the pill and drank it with the glass of water. Closing my eyes for a few seconds I wanted to see if I'm going to die or not, nothing.

"Do you know who you are?" He asked slowly as if he was talking to a child.

"Where's my mother? I want my Dad?" Pain flashed through his eyes and he quickly hid it and let go of my hand.

"Go take a shower and I'll drop you off home. You can give me your address."

"Where did you find me?"

"I found you on the park bench while I was out for a jog?" His voice was laced with uncertainty and I knew that the man was lying.

"I know you from somewhere. You're the man from the party, the president's son" he stood up from the chair which was besides the bed I was sleeping on and left the room for a few seconds. A couple of seconds later he came back with a fresh set of clothes and placed it on the empty side of the bed.

"This is all I could find. These are my wife's clothes" he said. The man seemed to ignore all of my questions and left the room telling me to get ready.

I took a shower and wore the clothes which were on my bed with a million questions lingering my mind.

Where does this man know me from? It can't be the party because I never got the opportunity to speak to him.

Where am I?
How many days have I been here from?
What happened?
Where's Langa?

As if he knew I was done, the same man entered the door and led me downstairs where I had a full breakfast, I even asked for seconds from his wife who was introduced to me as Melinda.

She looked like she was in her late 20s, a few years younger than the man in front of me perhaps.

"You should come by and visit us Ada," Her husband, whom I learnt is Zweli nudged her with his elbow as if he was afraid she's taking it a bit too far.

"Don't scare her off Mel" he said as he took his car keys off the kitchen counter tops and signalled for me to follow him.

"Bye Mel, thanks for the lovely breakfast." I said. Before I exited the door I sped walked towards her and gave her a hug.

Entering the Mercedes-Benz X Class I sat on the backseat as I watched the man humming along to a Barry White song.

He stopped the car a few houses away from mine. Didn't he ask for my house address a few hours ago. It's clear that the man knows exactly who I was.

"I think my dad would appreciate it if you came inside. He'd want to see the man who saved my life" with my eyebrows furrowed I watched the man think long and hard before he turned back and shook his head with a small smile.

"Your Dad?"

I nodded my head.

"That wouldn't be a great idea Siphokazi" he said. His eyes widened as he realised what he called me. How does he know my name? Especially my second name because nobody except my parents call me that, and it's very rare.

I quickly opened the car door before the man said some other things which would leave me more confused as before. He rolled down the car windows, and just when I thought I couldn't get more confused, he said.

"I'd appreciate it if you don't tell anyone about this, including your mother and your Dad" he said pitting emphasis on the word.

I walked towards my house more confused than before. How does the President's son know me, a regular?

Just as I was about to press the intercom in front of our huge gates which blocked the view of our house. I felt a hand over my mouth and I bit hard into it.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" The voice sounded familiar and I turned around and gave the person behind the voice a hard slap.

"What the fuck was that for?" Langa held his now reddening cheek as I watched him, I was fuming with anger.

"You have the audacity to ask me that?" I asked placing my finger on his chest. He stepped back with each word that came out of my mouth until he was slammed against the wall.

He pulled me in for a kiss and he tried to bite my lower lip. I pulled away from the kiss and slapped him again.

"I was kidnapped, or whatever by 'I don't know who', whilst I was on my way to meet you. Where were you? You sent that text to me and you never came. What if I was raped?" I started crying and Langa looked at me with confusion on his face. He didn't know whether to hug me or to run away.

He took slow steps towards me and hugged me. I kneed him on the balls and he fell to the ground.

"Never ever speak to me again. I hate you Langa. I regret ever asking you to help me cause you're just another piece of shit who only cares about the money. Now Go!" I said. He didn't even deny it, he stepped away with his body still in pain and I watched him walk away.

I wiped my tears away and pressed the intercom. The gate opened and I ran into the house. When I walked in the first people I saw were my parents speaking to a police officer.

James was the first person to see me and he ran towards me with his arms wide open.

"Sissy" he said. I hugged him and cried into his embrace. A few minutes later my parents also joined in on the hug.

"We were worried sick about you."

"Where the hell were you?"

"I tried calling your phone and it rang in your room. You love your phone so much and just when we needed you, you go ahead and leave it"

I stared at my parents and realised how grateful I was for them. I had both parents, who loved me. Something that not a lot of people can say. I have a roof over my head and I'm spoiled rotten. What more could I ask for? I should just accept the lifestyle that I'm currently living. I shouldn't be trying to change it. This is who I am, who am I to try and change God's plans.

I cried even more as I watched my parents panicking. The officer sat on the dining room chair, I assume he was waiting for us to sober up so he could ask me questions. I remember what Zweli had said

"I'd appreciate it if you don't tell anyone about this, including your Mom and Dad"

So I chose to keep my promise, from a man I don't even know. I didn't want to break the promise, I didn't want to betray him.

"Mom I just fainted and I don't know what happens next. I woke up in an unfamiliar bush so I started walking and I ended up here."

The officer was taking down notes and he gave me a skeptical look as if he doesn't believe a word I just said.

"Ms Launter, you've been gone for 3 days and you're telling me you were asleep in some bush?" My eyes widened in shock. I didn't know I've been gone for that long.

"Who gave you these clothes?" The officer qusstioned me. I forgot about my change of clothes and I looked at them as if they were burning my body.

"I- I don't know" I stuttered

"Mr Gumede, can you come back later. As you can tell she's still in shock" my dad said leading him out of the door. He turned back and gave me a look as if to say 'We're not done here"

My parents believed my cover story and dismissed me. I still don't know what it is that happened to me but the last thing I remember is feeling a sharp pain on my head before I blacked out at the park.

My mother walked in with two cups on her hand.

"It's chicken soup. I know you hate it but you look dead so it'll help"

"Thanks" I said taking a sip of the hot beverage. The flavour filled my mouth and I scrunched up my face because of the never changing horrible taste.

"Your friends were here a few hours ago. They've been coming here ever since they found out you were lost." I smiled at the information I just received thinking that there are people who still love me.

"When did you get discharged?" I asked her. She looked away and took a sip of the soup in her white mug.

"Honey, I think it's time I tell you what exactly happened"

●<●<●<●<●
( insert dramatic music) dun dun duuuuuuuuuun.

This just turned into a whole ass mystery story. But, this is not the end. It's actually the beginning (rubs hands together) the story now beings my fellow minions. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 62 12
Childhood before the Story "Opening Doors" it's the prequel... and I did it in voice memo originally and had to rewrite everything because the words...
10.5K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
705 40 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...
475 108 26
𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖽𝖾𝖿𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾.. " 𝖳𝗈 𝗆𝖾 𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗛𝗶𝗺 ♥︎ ", 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗆𝖾𝖽. "𝖧𝖾...