Don't Let Go

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something tha... More

let go series
copyright
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

seven

21.4K 1.3K 85
By ShabanaTheStar

Abrar hasn't slept peacefully for weeks now. The sofa in his room was the most uncomfortable thing he has ever seen. He sat up with a groan and his eyes automatically gazed at his bed.

Haya was sleeping peacefully, covered under the blankets with only her head hanging out. Like the usual, she has left the right side free for him to sleep but it was him, who never considered it. But today he might as well keep his attitude aside and sleep on the bed because his back really ached.

With a sigh, Abrar walked to the bed and hopped on the free space and laid beside her. He can easily smell her lavender fragrance, now that he was so close to her. This was the reason why he did not want to sleep with her. Haya defined the word beauty and he cannot risk getting tempted by her. He didn't feel anything towards her and he liked to keep it that way.

But the bed was so much more comfortable than the stupid sofa, so he can adjust for a while. His eyes automatically closed as soon as he pulled the blanket on him. Just when he thought that he can now sleep peacefully, the power went off. And there was a sudden change in the climate, he can hear the loud noises of the thunderstorm and the lightning from outside.

Abrar's eyes snapped open as he heard Haya talked in her sleep, "Ammi... Baba... Don't go... Please come back..."

"Haya... Wake up. It's just a bad dream. Don't cry." Abrar will be the last person you'd want to talk with when you're sad. He's worst at consoling someone. But now he did not understand what should he do to make her feel okay, but the sight of her tears was doing something to his heart. Something he never thought would be possible.

"Haya... You're fine. Don't cry..." Abrar moved a little closer to her and wiped away her tears. But she kept on crying continually, with her eyes still closed.

He was concerned about her and that shocked him.

"Ammi... Baba... Please don't go." Haya mumbled weakly. Abrar did not know what came over him, but he pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly; trying to assure her that she's really fine. She still did not stop her babbling. Her tears were now running nonstop.

Abrar couldn't stand the sight of anyone crying. And her tears were really doing something to him. Why was he feeling like that? He had no idea. But one thing was sure; seeing Haya cry is not his favourite sight.

"Hayat. Stop crying. It's just a bad dream. Wake up now." Abrar mumbled as he ran his hands through her chocolate brown hair, to comfort her. But damn, her hair... It was so smooth and silky.

Haya immediately stopped her babbling as soon as she heard the name Hayat. Abrar's eyes widened slightly as he continued to run his hand through her hair. Her tears stopped slowly as she opened her eyes.

"Are you okay?" was the first thing he asked, his arms were still wrapped around her, hugging her securely.

"Is it raining?" Haya asked in an inaudible weak voice. Abrar just nodded his head. And to his utmost shock and surprise, Haya hugged him back, her head was now placed in the crook of his neck. He could feel her breath fanning over his skin. Damn.

"Thank you for being there," Haya mumbled in an incoherent voice as she broke the hug. Abrar instantly missed the touch of her soft skin. His hands were still wrapped around her though.

What is wrong with you? His mind taunted him.

"Never mind. Are you really okay?" Abrar was never worried about someone who's not a part of his family. And the thought of him caring for her so much has freaked him from within.

Yes, she was his wife. But he was yet to come to terms with it. He was yet to accept her as his own family. But he will. For sure.

"I'm fine," Haya muttered weakly.

"Sleep. It will be alright tomorrow." is all he said, as he finally pulled away from her. But the sound of the thunders freaked her more as she flung her arms around him, hugging him tightly. It still rained outside.

"Please don't go anywhere. I'm scared." Haya muttered under her breath. Abrar didn't say anything, as he simply wrapped his arms around her and laid his head on the pillow. She placed her head on his chest now. This was definitely much more comfortable than that sofa.

For the first time in few weeks of their marriage life, Haya and Abrar slept together; in each other's embrace. It was the best sleep Haya has ever had on a rainy night like this after ten long years. Abrar too slept as soon as he closed his eyes.

It has been an eventful day. But they both will never forget this day, for it is the first step in their new journey of togetherness.

•••

Soon the loud sound of the morning prayer call woke up Abrar from his sleep. He lazily opened his eyes thinking about the strange dream he had yesterday. A dream where he embraced his wife, who also hugged him back. A dream where he and she slept in each other's embrace. It was just a dream he thought. But the person lying close to his neck told otherwise.

So, it wasn't a dream.

It was all real.

Haya stirred in her sleep as she woke up whilst blinking her eyes and the first person her eyes met were him. His deep charcoal eyes were staring at her face. This time though his eyes weren't as cold as they used to be. It was looking at her with something else which she couldn't describe. His expressive eyes now were anything but cold. It showed something close to care.

"It's time for the morning prayer." is all he said as he got up from the bed, only then Haya realized how close they've slept yesterday. Slowly all the happenings of the previous night came back to her memories.

Wow. He cares for me... is all she could think.

Thankfully, it stopped raining now. With an inward sigh, Haya got up from her bed.
For a change, they both prayed together that day with Abrar on the lead. Every day it used to happen separately but today they just decided to do it together. It was a beautiful moment but happened in silence.

After the morning prayer, Abrar decided to sleep a little more. But Haya was wide awake. She watched Abrar sleep as she sat on the sofa. The only question which kept running in her mind was, who is he? Who is the real Abrar?

Is he the guy who always tries to dominate anything and everything or is he the guy who took care of her yesterday night? Is he an arrogant prick or a softie? She has seen two different sides of him in just a few hours and they both are poles apart. They both looked completely different, even though he's the same guy. She wondered who he really was.

•••

"Prepare the breakfast for everyone today. The servant is taking a leave. And Sarah is sick. I'm not in the mood to cook." Bano Chachi informed Haya, not even bothering to be polite.

Haya only used to cook for Abrar and the thought of cooking for the whole family, scared her a little bit.

"Fine. I'll give first this tea to Abrar." Haya informed in an equally arrogant voice as she took the tea and saucer and walked out of the kitchen.

Bano though had a smirk on her face, as she watched Haya walk upstairs. Poor little girl, you've no idea what I'm going to do today.

Abrar was only in his vest and pant when Haya came into their room. She gasped a little bit as it was the first time, she's witnessing how handsome her husband was. He had a body of a model with six-packs and all. What a sight it was. Realizing what she was doing, Haya bit her lips in embarrassment and cleared her throat to make him aware of her presence.

Abrar knew that she came. He saw how she checked him out just now. His ears turned slightly red as he faced her. Haya had her eyes averted away from him, as she handed him the tea and saucer. His body was such a distraction to her eyes.

"Your tea," she said.

"Thank you," Abrar replied as he took the saucer from her. Haya's eyes though widened in surprise as she heard him say thanks.

"Did you just say thank you?" Haya wondered in surprise as she faced him. His body was still a distraction to her eyes. He was so freaking handsome and Haya couldn't control herself from drooling over him. But she had her eyes averted from him. Abrar chose to ignore her as he sat on the sofa, sipping his tea silently.

"Can you iron my kurta? I have an important campaign to attend today." Abrar asked her as he eyed the kurta which he placed on the bed.

Haya stared at him and then at his kurta, if it was any other day, she might have definitely thrown a tantrum and not do it. But today was different. Without saying anything to him, she picked the kurta and walked into the dressing room.

Abrar was surely surprised by her actions. He did not expect her to agree this easily.

"Your kurta." Haya who came back after five minutes, handed it over to him carefully not wanting to wrinkle it. He took them silently and walked back to the dressing room.

When he came back, he was all dressed up and ready to go. Haya couldn't take her eyes off him for a moment. He did look so handsome with or without his kurta. But why was she suddenly noticing that? Shaking her head, she looked at his eyes instead. But damn, those are beautiful too. Why was her husband so handsome and arrogant at the same time?
She's supposed to hate him not admire.

Abrar cleared his throat as he said, "Allah Hafiz." The fact that she was openly checking him out made him feel things that weren't sane.

"You're leaving already?" Haya enquired with a frown, "what about the breakfast?"

"I'll have it outside. I've to go to the town quickly." was all Abrar said as he disappeared from the room.

Haya watched him leave with a confused face. One thing was definitely sure, there's more to Abrar Shah than he actually is.

***

Glossary:

Ammi= mom

Baba= dad

Kurta= a type of long shirt, which reaches till knees worn by south Asian men.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 11.8K 24
❝ Who knew that her love was just right across the street ❞ Mashal Baig, 22-years-old. Everyone's favourite. A happy go girl. Believes in true love a...
2.3M 89.9K 52
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...
201K 11.8K 24
Wafa Zaini hated rich people with a passion. She can't stand them for their arrogance and their self-righteousness. She so happens to be living in a...
406K 23.9K 34
❝ She knew he can never be hers and yet she fell in love with him ❞ Fairytales exist only in books and movies. That's what Natasha Rehman told hersel...