Malicious Romance

By Ekphrastic

Sometimes, not every love story can be as idyllic as it should be. Dean Winchester, bred and raised in the ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109 END

Chapter 40

422 11 3
By Ekphrastic

Without realizing, Giselle's arms raised to wrap around Dean's waist as she buried her face against his warm broad chest. She felt a bit hesitant at first, but her heartbeat was driving her crazy. She knew, that what he had said to her was harsh, but she couldn't manage to walk away the moment she felt his grip around her wrist. Though she was mad at his statement earlier, her heart chose to ignore it while it demanded for something else. If she chose to leave, he would have nobody left. He told her that because of her father, he ended up not having anyone by his side. She wondered if she could make up for her father's mistake. If she stayed by him, would it be okay for him to forgive her father? If she chose to not leave him, would he be okay with her being next to him?

His heart pounded against his chest, matching her pace. As soon as she thought that he too shared the same feeling as hers, Dean's voice murmured near her ear. "You are too easy to trick."

Her eyes shot wide open when she heard him. What did he mean by that? She thought that he too didn't want to let her go. What was all of this is about? Giselle unwrapped her arms around his waist as she took a step back to stare at him with a pair of confused eyes.

He sighed out loud while he withdrew his arms from her waist slowly. She gulped before she repeated his word, "Trick?" She couldn't believe what he had said.

Was he just playing with her emotion? She thought that the warm hug, he just gave her, was to comfort her. Was it just an act? Why did he do that for? Did he know that his little action makes her heart skip a beat? It turned out that all he did was just to test her. She didn't understand. What was his intention? Her warm tears blurred her vision as she continued to ask, "Were you just...?" She paused when his facial expression made her felt speechless.

He shook his head slightly at the same time that he clenched his teeth. He wiped his dried tears away before he looked at her softly. "I'm just trying to prove what you've said to me. You can't say that I used you when you too were also enjoying it. Were you expecting something more? Don't be ridiculous. I proved it now. Tell me that you felt good even when I just hugged you. Every intimacy moment that we had... I did it because I wanted too. Don't tell me that you take all of those moments to heart. Whatever you think everyone has, I might not have it for you, Giselle Chu." He narrowed his eyes as he watched her cried.

She glanced at the floor to avoid his eyes while she tried to think. What did he mean? She felt so confused and lost.

Biting his bottom lip to hold back his emotion, Dean added, "I hope I have clarified and drew a clearer line. You were never used. You never belonged to me because I have never labeled you as mine. Don't go around thinking that I am your owner when I am not."

Giselle watched him, turning his back on her, with her teary eyes. How could he say that? He could've at least leave her some space, where she could remember all of the good memories between him and her. Did he know that her heart was about to explode every time she confronted him? Did he know that she was worried to death the moment she saw him was unconscious? Her feeling was purely from her heart. Never ever had she ever felt like this towards anyone else.

Until this very moment, his words, which were sharper than a knife, flew to stab her in the heart. She questioned herself if everything, she had shared with him, was all just in her own head. Did he do it intentionally to just get close to her? She was just being played by him, yet her stupid feelings grew out of control without realizing it. Why was it so hurtful to hear him said that she was never his? Why was it so hard to just continue to stand in front of him?

She blinked her tears away as she replied, "Sure... Even if everything you said were true, I'll be okay. All I'm asking for is for you to forgive my father. I don't want this mess to become even bigger. Please."

All of a sudden, he turned to glare at her deadly, and then he raised his voice. "Then what about me? Do you think I want to be left alone? Do you think I can live in this world with a man, who destroyed my damn life? There's no fucking way that I will forgive your father."

Giselle sobbed before she replied softly, "That's why I said I'll be here for you. I will do anything as long as you forgive my father-"

He scoffed out loud, in a mocking manner, before cutting her off. Shoving his hair aggressively, he said, "There's nothing that you can do to change my mind. So, please leave. I'll call for Kevin if I need anything." He raised his brows as he waited for her to leave, but she didn't move an inch.

Giselle stood stubbornly while she stared at him. No matter what, she had to be persistent. She had to do something to make him forgive her father. It might be hurtful, but it would be fine as long as she could soften up his stone heart. Gritting her teeth, she replied weakly, "Kevin scared of you, so he switched with me. For that reason, I can't leave."

Dean bit his teeth in frustration before he decided to walk to grab her arm to drag her out of the room. Before he shut the door in front of her, he said, "If I don't call for you, don't come in." After closing the door at her, his straight lips turned to a frown.

A new strange feeling, which he had never felt in the past, started to take over him. He wondered if it was the same thing as heartbroken. To him, the only person who had caused him heartbroken was his mother. Was it possible to feel heartbroken from someone that was not your family? That person was just a stranger, who decided to appear in your life. He questioned himself.

How could she be so persistent to him? He wanted her away so that he could protect her. Why did she have to make it so hard on him? His tears that he had been holding started to escape from his eyes. All of the hurtful words, that he said to her, was not how he actually felt. He wanted to hug her for a long time if he could. He had to let her go and hurt her through his words so that she could feel the pain and stay away from him. He was afraid, every minute that he was with her, that he would do something out of plan.

While he felt like losing his mind, Dean rushed to grab the pillow off the bed and threw it onto the floor. She was so close to him, yet he couldn't even reach for her. He had just lost apart of him to Ivan and Leo. Due to that, almost all of his courage to get to know Giselle started to fade away as fear of losing began to grow. He used to hate people who left him. He never ever wanted someone to leave him. This was the first time ever that he wanted someone to leave his life, to just keep that person safe.

He was glad that she came in at the moment he needed someone there the most. He was glad that he could cry in front of her. All along, he was taught to be strong. He couldn't show weakness to anyone. It was killing him slowly because he had to hide everything inside of his chest. In the end, he had to pretend to be ruthless and heartless. How come everything had to turn out this way? He couldn't even have what he wanted the most in his life.

The next day, Giselle decided to ask Kevin to switch up her patient with his. She wanted to be the one to watch over Dean. She knew that Kevin would be more than happy to do that.

Later, she brought in a tray of breakfast to Dean's room. He was sleeping peacefully until she placed the tray onto the table near his bed. She knew that he probably didn't want her to be in the room, but she couldn't give up. She had to try her best to show him that everything she was doing for him was out of her heart. She didn't want him to keep thinking that she was her father's object. She wanted him to understand so that he could learn to forgive her father.

She turned to see him was struggling to get up. He groaned at the pain from his chest, which drew her attention. Without saying anything, Giselle leaned in to hold his arm. She shifted the pillow behind his back, up a little, before she helped him to sit up.

Dean yanked his arm away and said in an annoyed tone of voice, "I can do it by myself." He shot her a deadly glare before he turned to get off of the bed to the bathroom.

She followed him, immediately, from behind. "You can't get your wound wet. I will help you." She said when she noticed he stared at her.

"What's your problem? I told you to go away." He replied in frustration when she didn't stop coming close to him.

Though he was being rude and mean to her, she kept trying to remind herself that she had to win over him. He might not have any feelings for her, but as long as she could be near him, it was more than enough. She didn't understand why she couldn't stop herself from thinking of him. Ever since the day he walked into her life, everything was never the same. While her family was pushing her away, he was the one to show up and save her. Every bittersweet memory that she had of him, they made her lonely heart became more lively than any other time.

When she didn't reply, he shook his head slightly. He continued to walk to the bathroom and shut the door behind him quickly before she could get the chance to go in. She sighed out loud and then bit her bottom lip.

I have to be strong. I have to be thick faced. It is the only way for him to forgive father and to prevent any later problem.

She encouraged herself as she turned to make her way towards the bed. She fixed the pillow and blanket before she went out to get the medicines. When she came back in, she saw him was putting a new patient shirt on. The image of his back reminded her of the first day she met him. It was like a deja vu to her. Without realization, the corner of her lips involuntarily curved up into a smile. Why did she feel so happy to just see that ruthless man? She placed a tray of medicines near a bowl of porridge before she heard his footstep was approaching her.

She turned to face him, instantly, and said, "This is your medicines. After you have your breakfast, you can have them." He paused in his step while his eyes piercingly stared at her. She waited for him to say something. A few seconds later, when he didn't respond, she decided to dismiss herself. "I have to go now." She said shortly and then turned to leave in silence.

A few hours had passed as break time started to kick in. Giselle checked the time on her phone to see that she had about ten minutes left before her lunchtime. Out of anyone, the first person that came to her mind was Dean Winchester. She wondered if he had finished his lunch yet. Without hesitation, she took the elevator to the seventh floor. She told herself that she did it as apart of her duty only, and there was nothing else.

I have to take good care of him for the sake of the hospital and the coworkers. I am not desperate. I am just doing my duty. I just wanted him to forgive my father. I need to calm down.

She tried to convince herself to believe a lie that wasn't true to her heart. While her mind said that it was a duty, her heart couldn't stop beating at an irregular pace. Was she scared of him? Or, was she excited to see him? Giselle couldn't understand herself. She felt like she had lost control of her own body when both of her legs started to walk out of the elevator.

As soon as she opened his room, Giselle caught Dean was standing facing the window, talking on his phone. The moment he turned to see her, he hurried to end the call. She made her way in and directed herself to where the tray of his lunch was located.

He furrowed his brows at her in annoyance as he made his way towards her. "Please knock before you enter next time." He said.

"Sorry, my bad." She replied and then bend down to lift the tray of his leftover lunch from the coffee table. While her arms were reaching out for the tray, his rough hand grabbed one of her wrists. He yanked her aside caused her to fall over the sofa. She groaned when her head smashed the soft cushion. She turned her face to glare at him and asked in confusion. "I've apologized to you. What else do you want?"

He opened his mouth and was about to answer, but her phone started to ring, cutting him off. He shrugged his shoulders as he motioned her to answer her phone.

Giselle didn't understand a man in front of her. What was he going to do to her? Was he going to hurt her so that she could leave him alone? If only her phone didn't ring, something worse would've happened to her. Her heart that was racing started to calm down once again when she saw Vincent's face flashed on her screen. She answered the call with an exciting tone of voice, "Hello, Vincent?"

Vincent replied in a happy tone, "Giselle, do you want to come out and eat lunch with me? You can bring Luna too if she is not busy. My ass can't go to get any of you with this broken leg. You guys will have to walk to this restaurant across the hospital."

Without realization, she giggled at his whining sounds. As soon as her eyes met Dean's, her smile disappeared quickly. She gulped when Dean was sending her a deadly glare with a serious expression. She didn't know what she did wrong to make his aura became darker all of a sudden. To prevent wasting any more time, Giselle responded softly back to Vincent, "Okay, okay. See you within ten minutes. Bye." She hung up the phone and then hurried to get up on her feet. While she was ignoring Dean, she grabbed the tray, getting ready to leave. She knew that he probably wanted her to leave like usual.

"Where are you going?" Dean asked after he heard that it was probably the same bastard with the broken leg, who called her. Apart from him didn't want her to leave. He couldn't help, but to ask.

Didn't he want her to leave him alone all the time? Why did he even bother to ask that question? She paused and replied with a bit of confusion. "It's my lunch break. I have to go. I will come back to bring you your dinner. Why?"

Clenching his teeth, he replied as if nothing happened. "Just leave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!

I hope everyone is enjoying it :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 75.6K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...
268K 2.5K 52
"I wanted what I wanted, fuck everything else. And what I wanted was her. Anaís Semaya." "Out of all the stars in the galaxy, you're by far the most...
1M 27.9K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
12.4M 372K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...